inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let This February Be as Sweet as a Strawberry!

Written By: Ripley on 01/30/21 at 10:55 am

It’s less than 2 days away from Monday, February 1st so I thought I should start the thread. 😁

Subject: Re: Let This February Be as Sweet as a Strawberry!

Written By: Howard on 01/30/21 at 2:36 pm

It’s less than 2 days away from Monday, February 1st so I thought I should start the thread. 😁

January went by fast!  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 5:25 am

February is here and NYC will be getting around a foot of snow!  :o

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/21 at 5:55 pm

February is here and NYC will be getting around a foot of snow!  :o

I’ve seen some pictures and wow! I’m kinda jealous cause we hardly get snow here. ;D

Written By: nally on 02/01/21 at 10:54 pm

I’ve seen some pictures and wow! I’m kinda jealous cause we hardly get snow here. ;D

Same with where I am. But then again, California has its share of weather patterns.

Written By: nally on 02/01/21 at 11:02 pm

Anyway, today was a busy work-from-home day for me.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/21 at 6:11 am

Where do you live Ripley?

Written By: Ripley on 02/02/21 at 1:33 pm

Where do you live Ripley?

Kansas. We used to her big winters. Heck our spring thunderstorms aren’t even as common as they used to be.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/02/21 at 2:44 pm

Kansas. We used to her big winters. Heck our spring thunderstorms aren’t even as common as they used to be.  :\'(

New York during the wintertime can be rough sometimes, there can be times when we don't get any snow and it becomes a snowless season or we could get a month without snow and one month with a huge storm. This snowstorm was about 16 inches and we are just cleaning up after it, I hope there isn't anymore so the snow right now could get a chance to melt when the temperatures warm up and get some decent rainfall.

Written By: Ripley on 02/02/21 at 3:34 pm

I love rain 😁

Written By: nally on 02/02/21 at 6:00 pm

I love rain

Yeah, it's important for the plants and the environment. Too much of it can be unhelpful.

And last Friday, when I drove to and from my office, I didn't actually have to deal with too much of it.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/21 at 3:38 am

I love rain 😁

I'm not crazy about rain but if it's a light rain I will take it but anything other than that, forget it.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/03/21 at 10:28 am

I love rain 😁

Me too! Sometimes I like to listen to the sound of rain on YouTube. Helps me think.

Written By: nally on 02/03/21 at 5:13 pm

Me too! Sometimes I like to listen to the sound of rain on YouTube. Helps me think.

I think I might have an electrical device somewhere that can play nature sounds. Oh yes, it's a sleep sound therapy machine. Rain is among those sounds.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/21 at 4:38 am

Just popping in to say all is fine. I have a family member (of my bubble) staying for the meanwhile.

I had my first vaccination jab last Tuesday ("Groundhog Day") and I have been feeling groggy since, but better with it now.

Written By: Ripley on 02/05/21 at 11:22 am

Just chilling today.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/21 at 1:48 pm

Just popping in to say all is fine. I have a family member (of my bubble) staying for the meanwhile.

I had my first vaccination jab last Tuesday ("Groundhog Day") and I have been feeling groggy since, but better with it now.

Good to see you Phil. :)

Written By: karen on 02/05/21 at 1:57 pm

Good stuff.  I felt rubbish the next day. I took it as a sign the vaccine was doing it’s stuff.

Written By: nally on 02/05/21 at 2:04 pm

Splendid! O0

My mom is getting hers this afternoon. (Yesterday she was able to book an appointment.)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/06/21 at 3:49 pm

There's a big snow storm coming this way. I was doing some grocery shopping before the storm hits.

Written By: nally on 02/06/21 at 4:31 pm

There's a big snow storm coming this way. I was doing some grocery shopping before the storm hits.

Good, you were able to get prepared. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 02/06/21 at 5:01 pm

Good, you were able to get prepared. O0

Yup. Going to charge my phone ahead of time too. In case there are any power outages.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/06/21 at 10:31 pm

Yup. Going to charge my phone ahead of time too. In case there are any power outages.  :)

I did that with my electronic devices last month when there was a looming possibility of power outage due to thunderstorms. Actually I can't remember for sure what the reason was, but thankfully the power did not go out.

Written By: karen on 02/07/21 at 11:28 am

I entered a school competition to win a box of brownies and I won the staff section! We had to send in something (photo, video, piece of art) of something that made us happy. I dressed in a sports top, grabbed my compass, etc and got Dai to take a photo of me with an orienteering marker (from our coaching supplies). I said that orienteering in the sunshine made me happy.

We went for a walk as a family before lunch today. We have had lots of rain recently so anywhere away from the town is very soggy underfoot. I picked a route around the local streets and jitties. It was trying to snow a little while we were out, but nothing settled.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/07/21 at 1:51 pm

So this my view from one of the windows right now...Winter storm. And we're getting more! I want the Summer time.... ::)

https://i.ibb.co/wCbpdx8/20210207-144800.jpg

Written By: nally on 02/07/21 at 2:36 pm

^ Nice! And I just saw that pic on fb as well. O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/21 at 3:01 pm

So this my view from one of the windows right now...Winter storm. And we're getting more! I want the Summer time.... ::)

You got more snow than we do.

I don't know why everyone thinks that Vermont is above the Arctic Circle and that we have 20 feet of snow year round. Where we are, we get less than many other parts of the state. Truth be told, all along the eastern seaboard (including Washington D.C.) gets more snow than we do (not to mention hurricanes). And the mid west & northern plains not only get more snow but they also get the winds. In the south, they get tornadoes, heatwaves, and other nasty weather. Yeah, California is supposed to be sunny and mild but Carlos' sister just bought a house in the mountains of southern California and she has gotten more snow than we have. And of course they also have earthquake season, wildfire season, mudslide season and riot season.

Give me Vermont weather anytime.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/07/21 at 3:16 pm

stay safe as best as you can Jess.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/21 at 3:17 pm

New York got even more just as we were trying to dig out from last week's storm we get 3-6 inches on top of the 17 inches that was laying on the ground.  ::)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/07/21 at 3:30 pm

stay safe as best as you can Jess.

Thanks, you too Howard.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/21 at 1:41 am

Good to see you Phil. :)

Good stuff.  I felt rubbish the next day. I took it as a sign the vaccine was doing it’s stuff.
Thank you.

The groggyness was more than a few days, better now, but still get those don't wish to do anything moments.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/21 at 1:44 am

Staying indoors today, being safe and keeping warm of the snow.

Written By: karen on 02/08/21 at 6:52 am

Snowing here as well, though the day is warming up so it is snowing but there is less snow on the ground than there was when I got up.

I am helping at the vaccine clinic for three sessions this week. Also going into work on Thursday, but otherwise staying home and trying to keep warm.

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 12:38 pm

So, this morning we have a repairman coming over to fix the fan in one of our bathrooms; he's going to fix the fan light in one of the other bathrooms as well.

Written By: Ripley on 02/08/21 at 6:38 pm

You got more snow than we do.

I don't know why everyone thinks that Vermont is above the Arctic Circle and that we have 20 feet of snow year round. Where we are, we get less than many other parts of the state. Truth be told, all along the eastern seaboard (including Washington D.C.) gets more snow than we do (not to mention hurricanes). And the mid west & northern plains not only get more snow but they also get the winds. In the south, they get tornadoes, heatwaves, and other nasty weather. Yeah, California is supposed to be sunny and mild but Carlos' sister just bought a house in the mountains of southern California and she has gotten more snow than we have. And of course they also have earthquake season, wildfire season, mudslide season and riot season.

Give me Vermont weather anytime.

Cat

It sounds like the ideal place to live 😁 Have you been to Maine? I’ve been wanting to go there for years.

Written By: Ripley on 02/08/21 at 6:41 pm

So we got a great amount of snow! At least 4 times now in the last 3 days. It’s nothing compared to what it used to be! Not that I want it to be cold. It’s pretty yes but I’m ready for spring. And the thunderstorms!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/21 at 6:52 pm

It sounds like the ideal place to live 😁 Have you been to Maine? I’ve been wanting to go there for years.

I LOVE Maine. Can't wait for our next trip there.

BTW, I sent you a couple of PM. Please take care of it, ok?  ;)

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 11:56 pm

So we got a great amount of snow! At least 4 times now in the last 3 days. It’s nothing compared to what it used to be! Not that I want it to be cold. It’s pretty yes but I’m ready for spring. And the thunderstorms!

Glad to hear it. Of course I never get snow where I'm at... but I did have one actual experience with snow in southern California, namely 32 years ago today. That's right, on February 8th of 1989 it got very cold in the L.A. area that there was a bout of snow in the morning.

Maybe sometime I can scan one of my pictures from that occasion and share it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/21 at 6:45 am

It is constantly snowing here, but just not laying.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/21 at 7:55 am

New York we'll be getting even more snow but it's less that the previous storms and so far we're above normal snowfall.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/09/21 at 12:54 pm

It's snowing again today. Spending time at home watching movies and watching the snowfall.  :)

Written By: karen on 02/11/21 at 3:42 pm

My box of brownies arrived today while I was at work.

This evening we did a quiz organised by the head of sixth form. It was lots of fun - I was part of a staff team. Unfortunately it was a it long, so we don’t know the answers or who has won yet! I will check Teams tomorrow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/21 at 3:49 pm

My box of brownies arrived today while I was at work.

This evening we did a quiz organised by the head of sixth form. It was lots of fun - I was part of a staff team. Unfortunately it was a it long, so we don’t know the answers or who has won yet! I will check Teams tomorrow.

MMMMM Brownies.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/11/21 at 11:24 pm

MMMMM Brownies.

Cat

Yummo!

I could use some too. :D

Written By: Howard on 02/12/21 at 3:32 pm

Yummo!

I could use some too. :D

I love brownies too.

Written By: karen on 02/12/21 at 4:33 pm

I don’t think they deliver internationally

https://www.badbrownie.co.uk/

Written By: nally on 02/13/21 at 12:01 pm

I love brownies too.

My mom knows someone who uses a really good recipe for them.

Written By: nally on 02/13/21 at 12:02 pm

Anyways...yesterday (Friday) was a drive-to-work day for me; it turned out to be a good day. :) I did have to deal with some heavy traffic on the way home, but that wasn't so bad overall. Now I get to be home for the three-day weekend. (Monday is Presidents Day.)

Written By: karen on 02/13/21 at 12:25 pm

Yesterday Dai and I went for a walk in a different area of town after I had delivered some medication to a housebound lady.  We walked alongside a brook and then through a patch of woodland. There was a lovely three arch bridge on the edge of the woodland. It appears to be of medieval origin (though locally is sometimes called the Roman bridge)

This morning we went into town to go to Marks and Spencer’s. We had a gift card for them from my dad and decided to pick up one of their Dine In Valentines meals (not sure why it is called dine in as you take it home and cook it in the oven). We have warned James we are having a date night tomorrow night.

On the way back an elderly lady tripped over just in front of us. She landed face first onto the pavement. We did a quick assessment and decided she needed an ambulance. Dai called one, and it came fairly quickly. The only thing that disappointed me was that the paramedics basically dismissed us, not asking how the accident happened or anything. Anyway I hope she will be ok.

Written By: Ripley on 02/13/21 at 7:33 pm

I’m so ready for Spring lol

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/14/21 at 11:27 am

Happy Valentine’s Day to me. Dealing with another bowel blockage. Hope I don’t have to go to the hospital for this one too. Only been just over 2 years since the last one.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/21 at 2:38 pm

I’m so ready for Spring lol

I'm ready for Spring to start in just 34 days.

Written By: nally on 02/14/21 at 4:46 pm

^ Won't be too long now!

Meanwhile I will take the time to enjoy each day, one by one.

Written By: Ripley on 02/15/21 at 10:24 am

I'm ready for Spring to start in just 34 days.

34 days😬 I wish it was sooner ;D

Written By: nally on 02/15/21 at 10:39 am

34 days I wish it was sooner ;D

It is. Now down to 33. 😀

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/15/21 at 11:33 am

More than once I’ve gotten a foot of snow on the first day of spring. Usually Mother’s Day is the last snowfall.

So the groundhog saw his shadow meaning 6 more weeks of winter. That’s good. Considering he is right only 35-40% of the time, statistically we are in for an early spring.

Finally feeling better today. Thankfully was able to fix this one on my own. Going back to work tomorrow.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/21 at 11:41 am

More than once I’ve gotten a foot of snow on the first day of spring. Usually Mother’s Day is the last snowfall.

So the groundhog saw his shadow meaning 6 more weeks of winter. That’s good. Considering he is right only 35-40% of the time, statistically we are in for an early spring.

Finally feeling better today. Thankfully was able to fix this one on my own. Going back to work tomorrow.

Maybe the groundhog was drunk and we get 8 more weeks! Haha ;D

Written By: nally on 02/15/21 at 1:12 pm

Monday holiday for me (and my family) today. Probably gonna spend today doing leisure activities. Also make plans for this week.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/21 at 2:07 pm

34 days😬 I wish it was sooner ;D

I wish this darn snow would just melt already all we need is either a week of rain or a week in the low 60's.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/21 at 3:23 pm

Monday holiday for me (and my family) today. Probably gonna spend today doing leisure activities. Also make plans for this week.

What will you do during your leisure time? Read? Scrapbooking? Shopping?

Written By: nally on 02/15/21 at 11:21 pm

What will you do during your leisure time? Read? Scrapbooking? Shopping?

Glad you asked! We did some meal planning (earlier), but then later at about 3pm I went out to the backyard with my dad and helped him with yard work, especially lawnmowing.

And yes, we did some shopping...online...for groceries we needed. (And they were delivered at about noon.)

I'd love to do some scrapbooking again at some point...but I don't know when I'm gonna get to that.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/21 at 11:32 pm

Glad you asked! We did some meal planning (earlier), but then later at about 3pm I went out to the backyard with my dad and helped him with yard work, especially lawnmowing.

And yes, we did some shopping...online...for groceries we needed. (And they were delivered at about noon.)

I'd love to do some scrapbooking again at some point...but I don't know when I'm gonna get to that.

I'm glad you could have some time for yourself. Hope you enjoyed your day.. :)

Written By: nally on 02/15/21 at 11:35 pm

I'm glad you could have some time for yourself. Hope you enjoyed your day.. :)

In a nutshell, I did. O0 I hope your day was good too.

Tomorrow morning it is back to work for me. (But I am going to be working from home this week.)

Written By: nally on 02/16/21 at 11:58 pm

...and today (Tuesday) I got all my work done from home. My next day of work will be Thursday (not tomorrow). Lately my work schedule has fluctuated from week to week, and I am flexible about that. :)

Then I decorated my house (inside) for Mardi Gras.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/21 at 3:22 am

Two weeks after my first vaccination, I am feeling groggy again, it must the my immune system kicking in. Over the past years, it has always taken my longer to shake off the flu.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/17/21 at 3:25 pm

So we're getting another snow storm coming this way. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought plenty of items. I will stay home for the next couple of days until the storm passes. Working on my music.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/17/21 at 3:49 pm

So we're getting another snow storm coming this way. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought plenty of items. I will stay home for the next couple of days until the storm passes. Working on my music.  :)

New York probably won't get much but we'll see tonight.

Written By: nally on 02/17/21 at 6:56 pm

Weather-wise in California there's really nothing to speak of...except for a potential heat wave next Monday/Tuesday.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/17/21 at 8:31 pm

Weather-wise in California there's really nothing to speak of...except for a potential heat wave next Monday/Tuesday.

Complete opposite here! We're getting more snow during the weekend.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/21 at 5:16 am

Complete opposite here! We're getting more snow during the weekend.

So are we Jess, about 6-10 inches of more snow, just keep thinking Spring.

Written By: Ripley on 02/18/21 at 9:23 am

Glad you’re feeling better! Knock on wood though, no more snow in spring. 😁

Written By: Ripley on 02/18/21 at 9:24 am

I wish this darn snow would just melt already all we need is either a week of rain or a week in the low 60's.

Yeah I’m over it! If I ever wished for snow I take it back!

Written By: Ripley on 02/18/21 at 9:27 am

Hey, can I borrow that heatwave?  ;D

Written By: nally on 02/18/21 at 5:11 pm

Yeah, I wish I could send some of it your way! And to the east coast. ;)

Written By: Howard on 02/19/21 at 4:00 am

Yeah I’m over it! If I ever wished for snow I take it back!

And February seems to drag on until March comes along.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/21 at 4:01 am

I need some too.

Written By: nally on 02/19/21 at 2:08 pm

And February seems to drag on until March comes along.

In a sense it does, despite the fact that it has fewer days than any other month of the year.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/19/21 at 2:20 pm

I don't know why I get so excited about Fridays. It's not like I'm going anywhere, plus it's snowing. Lol. I am excited for the most part because I checked my Spotify this morning, and I now have 1,165 listeners! That's more than I've ever had! I'm super proud if myself. :)

Written By: nally on 02/19/21 at 11:01 pm

I don't know why I get so excited about Fridays. It's not like I'm going anywhere, plus it's snowing. Lol. I am excited for the most part because I checked my Spotify this morning, and I now have 1,165 listeners! That's more than I've ever had! I'm super proud if myself. :)

Often times I get excited about Fridays because it's the start of the weekend. For most of my life it seems that way.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/20/21 at 12:29 am

I get excited about Fridays because I’m done working for the week. I can grab some drinks at the gas station, go home and not have to leave the property all weekend if I don’t want to.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/21 at 3:46 pm

Congratulations Jess. :)

Written By: Ripley on 02/21/21 at 7:18 am

In a sense it does, despite the fact that it has fewer days than any other month of the year.

It really does and it’s weird.

Written By: Ripley on 02/21/21 at 7:19 am

Weekends = work so no for me lol.

Written By: karen on 02/21/21 at 9:37 am

I baked some blueberry muffins this morning.

I am just back from a family walk. We drove to a nearby area of open farmland that has a network of paths around it. The paths were muddy but not as bad as I feared they would be. There were a few other people out for a walk but we were easily able to keep our distance.

Written By: nally on 02/21/21 at 10:59 am

Weekends = work so no for me lol.

Same with me.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/21/21 at 3:02 pm

My sister is visiting...yay!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/21 at 2:54 am

Last was half-term break from school, so that meant my family bubble were visiting more.

Written By: nally on 02/22/21 at 12:26 pm

I hope she enjoys her visit with you! :) 8)

Written By: nally on 02/22/21 at 12:27 pm

Anyway, today is not a work day for me, so I should probably do something constructive around the house.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/21 at 3:11 pm

Hope you have a good day with her. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/21 at 5:15 pm

I am SOOOOO sleepyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/58/9f/06589f21c5d60465d0e84c137613a5e9.gif

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/23/21 at 3:54 am

Cat

I feel the very same way after having not getting much (lack thereof) sleep.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 5:55 am

Cat
I feel fatigued some of the time too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/21 at 1:12 pm

I feel fatigued some of the time too.

Yesterday, I was dealing with vertigo. I took something for it and what I took pretty much knocked me out (but it got rid of the dizziness). I TRIED to lay down for a short period of time but I had a furball climb all over my head, purred in my ear, walked on my hair (pulling it), etc. etc. So much for getting a short nap in.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 1:25 pm

Yesterday, I was dealing with vertigo. I took something for it and what I took pretty much knocked me out (but it got rid of the dizziness). I TRIED to lay down for a short period of time but I had a furball climb all over my head, purred in my ear, walked on my hair (pulling it), etc. etc. So much for getting a short nap in.  :-\\

Cat
I can feel you pain.

My fatigue must be a side effect from my vaccination, a flu feeling comes and goes, and rest does me good.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/23/21 at 2:31 pm

Cat

Hope you feel much better. I've never had vertigo thankfully. I hear it's very bad.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/21 at 3:10 pm

Hope you feel much better. I've never had vertigo thankfully. I hear it's very bad.

This is something that just started last year. My mother had Meniere's disease-I don't know if that is what it is because I'm not getting the hearing loss that comes with Meniere's. Who knows, it could just be that I get water in my ears when I wash my hair.

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/23/21 at 4:15 pm

This is something that just started last year. My mother had Meniere's disease-I don't know if that is what it is because I'm not getting the hearing loss that comes with Meniere's. Who knows, it could just be that I get water in my ears when I wash my hair.

Cat

I worry that I am getting that. I have had random, sporadic one sided hearing loss that comes on suddenly and then fades, for many years. More recently I have had spells of dizziness either when first lying down or when rolling over during the night - it is a very startling way to wake up, convinced the bed is whirling about. This happens a few times a night for a few days, and then goes away. I have also had tinnitus for the past six months or so.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/23/21 at 4:34 pm

I worry that I am getting that. I have had random, sporadic one sided hearing loss that comes on suddenly and then fades, for many years. More recently I have had spells of dizziness either when first lying down or when rolling over during the night - it is a very startling way to wake up, convinced the bed is whirling about. This happens a few times a night for a few days, and then goes away. I have also had tinnitus for the past six months or so.

Sometimes these movements work for horizontal vertigo, if it is caused by the inner ear being out of alignment.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/home-remedies-vertigo#:~:text=Start%20in%20an%20upright%2C%20seated,eases%20off%2C%20whichever%20is%20longer.

Written By: nally on 02/23/21 at 4:54 pm

I don't think I've ever had it either. Which is good.

Written By: nally on 02/23/21 at 4:55 pm

So, today I did my work from home. My next working day will be Thursday, when I will actually go to the office. Same with Friday. (That's right, I'll be working consecutive days at the office for the first time since late December.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/21 at 5:19 pm

I have had tinnitus for decades now. It was caused when I was in the Air Force. I was in telecommunications where we were sending and receiving messages (pre-email). We had to destroy all the messages after 30 days. So, the person who had the "honor" of doing it, got to go into a tiny closet with this HUGE machine that had a little slit on top. Under, was a cloth bag that was tied on the machine. You put a handful of papers into the slit (only so much would go in at a time) and the machine would turn the paper into pulp. If the bag was not tied on tight enough, pulp would be flying EVERYWHERE! And yes, it was a tiny closet so you were pretty much covered from head to foot in pulp when you were done. And you had to wear a mask so you didn't inhale that crap. And this machine was LOUD! We wore ear protection like they do on flight lines. Did I mention that this was in a tiny closet?

After doing that for a few years, yeah, I ended up with tinnitus.  ::)

You might want to see a doc about your issue.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/25/21 at 6:16 pm

So I drove to my office this morning, but had to be extra careful because of the wind. Still, I got to the office on time, and was very busy with all the work I had to do. There'll be more to do tomorrow as we close out the month.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/26/21 at 6:11 pm

Went for another walk today. The weather was so nice! I went to the corner store and treated myself. I hope it's like that all through the weekend.

Written By: nally on 02/26/21 at 6:36 pm

Went for another walk today. The weather was so nice! I went to the corner store and treated myself. I hope it's like that all through the weekend.

Sounds really nice. O0 I'm glad you had good weather today.

The weather over here has been on the warm side all week, making for pleasant days. It figures to be that way during the weekend as well. That's fine with me. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/27/21 at 9:02 am

We're back in Ohio for the weekend!  :D

Written By: Howard on 02/27/21 at 2:02 pm

We're back in Ohio for the weekend!  :D

Where in Ohio?  :)

Written By: nally on 02/28/21 at 12:31 pm

Sounds really nice. O0 I'm glad you had good weather today.

The weather over here has been on the warm side all week, making for pleasant days. It figures to be that way during the weekend as well. That's fine with me. :)

As noted in the How's The Weather thread a short while ago, the fierce winds are back again. I had considered going out for a walk this morning, but the wind has precluded that. I'm gonna have to try again another time.

Written By: nally on 02/28/21 at 12:31 pm

Anyways, hard to believe this month will be over after today! :o It has flown by.

Written By: karen on 02/28/21 at 1:55 pm

Lovely weather here for the past few days.

Yesterday I took my dad down to the market in town for a walk round. He picked up one or two items, but mainly appreciated the change of scene.

This afternoon Dai, James and myself went for a walk around a couple of local beauty spots. We had to balance on stepping stones in a few places. We bought some 99s from an ice cream van. First ice cream of the year!

Written By: Howard on 02/28/21 at 1:57 pm

Anyways, hard to believe this month will be over after today! :o It has flown by.

And it's almost time to change the clocks forward in just 2 weeks.

Check for new replies or respond here...