inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's time to MARCH into a new monthly thread!

Written By: nally on 02/28/21 at 10:26 pm

Welcome to March 2021! This is your monthly thread. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/stpatrick/smiley.gif

White rabbits!!

Subject: Re: It's time to MARCH into a new monthly thread!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/28/21 at 10:37 pm

Yes, finally! Closer to Spring.

And I'm thinking outside the box here. I won't say White Rabbits.

It's magenta unicorns!  :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/01/21 at 11:37 am

White rabbits, snow bunnies. Well they say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Or if it comes in like a lamb then it goes out like a lion. Which holds truth because if we get some nice weather prematurely, the lakes will just dump it back on us in the form of lake effect snow. It’s usually about the 2nd week of May that we can actually expect the snow to stop coming.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/01/21 at 11:41 am

Yes, finally! Closer to Spring.

Magenta isn't quite outside the box enough. Go with vermilion.

Written By: nally on 03/01/21 at 11:43 am

That's fine. :) I traditionally go with white rabbits because that's what Philip often says, and I just think it's a nice lead-in. But if someone else wants to use a different colour and a different creature, it's all good; I have no problem with that. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/01/21 at 1:13 pm

Magenta isn't quite outside the box enough. Go with vermilion.

Heehee ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/01/21 at 2:56 pm

Looking forward to Spring, changing the clocks forward and My birthday on Friday. :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/01/21 at 4:14 pm

It’s been really nice outside. Spring like weather that I love. Just a 3 more days then I will be off work for 8. I’m definitely in countdown mode lol. I don’t have plans but I just really need to relax. It’s much needed though!

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/01/21 at 4:41 pm

Well the lion ate the lamb. We had 50f this weekend and some sun. Yesterday I had to take the grille block off my Jeep. Now we got snow and high winds and below zero wind chill. 16f not counting the wind.

Written By: Ripley on 03/01/21 at 4:54 pm

Well the lion ate the lamb. We had 50f this weekend and some sun. Yesterday I had to take the grille block off my Jeep. Now we got snow and high winds and below zero wind chill. 16f not counting the wind.

Dang  :-\\

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/01/21 at 9:40 pm

All this year I’ve been listening to Yacht Rock Miami, and this Out Of The Main radio show which talks about various elements that make up the music. In January I wrote them an email about how I love the show and my thoughts on the musical arrangements. On tonight’s show they mentioned my fan mail and one part in particular where I said how the end of the era coincided with the arrival of the DX7, and he totally agreed.

Written By: nally on 03/02/21 at 12:09 am

This week I'll be working from home...on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/21 at 1:26 am

All is fine, and for the next few weeks I will be spending the time with my family bubble, away from my home.

Written By: nally on 03/02/21 at 10:28 am

All is fine, and for the next few weeks I will be spending the time with my family bubble, away from my home.

Glad to hear. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/21 at 10:31 am

Glad to hear. :)
Thank and my only access is on my phone 📱

Written By: Howard on 03/02/21 at 1:45 pm

Hope you have a good time with your family.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/02/21 at 4:19 pm

I'm getting my hair done next Wednesday!! My hairdresser was in today, thankfully. I will have quite a bit done. I'm Tired of my black hair lol. Can't wait, so excited!!

Written By: nally on 03/02/21 at 4:39 pm

I'm getting my hair done next Wednesday!! My hairdresser was in today, thankfully. I will have quite a bit done. I'm Tired of my black hair lol. Can't wait, so excited!!

Splendid! I can't wait to see how it turns out. 8)

Written By: nally on 03/02/21 at 4:40 pm

This week I'll be working from home...on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.

There's been a change of plans: tomorrow I will actually not be working. It'll be Thursday instead.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/21 at 5:26 pm

I'm getting mine done on Friday. My hairdresser is back from maternity leave but she is WAY busy so they got a newbie in who will be doing my hair. I hate having to break in a new hairdresser but mine is pretty straight forward so it should be too hard.

The thing is this is LITERALLY the only place in town. All the others have closed and this place in on the market. The owner got another job at the hospital and that is when she brought in the one who just went on maternity leave. Who knows how long it will remain open. There may come a time when I will have to got to another town to get my hair done.  :(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/02/21 at 6:55 pm

I'm getting mine done on Friday. My hairdresser is back from maternity leave but she is WAY busy so they got a newbie in who will be doing my hair. I hate having to break in a new hairdresser but mine is pretty straight forward so it should be too hard.

The thing is this is LITERALLY the only place in town. All the others have closed and this place in on the market. The owner got another job at the hospital and that is when she brought in the one who just went on maternity leave. Who knows how long it will remain open. There may come a time when I will have to got to another town to get my hair done.  :(

Cat

I've had the same hairdresser since 1998. I did go get my hair done once at Walmart 6 years ago, and I remember they did an excellent job! But, I stick to my hairdresser because she does wonders on my hair lol. I have naturally wavy, slightly puffy hair. And everytime my hairdresser does my hair it comes out sleek and super straight!  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/21 at 9:56 pm

I’ve just stopped by to let you guys who aren’t on Facebook that our beloved Book Mistress has passed.  She was a kind and gentle soul whom I know brightened my day, and I am sure she brightened yours that knew her too.  Too young to leave us.  RIP Book Mistress

I don’t have any details, my knowledge is from a post her aunt made. 

(((Hugs)))

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😞

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/21 at 9:57 pm

There's been a change of plans: tomorrow I will actually not be working. It'll be Thursday instead.
Jeff you got a job!  I know you were working so hard to get one the last time I was here.  Congratulations!!!!  Tell me about it.  🤗

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/21 at 9:58 pm

Have a wonderful time with your family!  Keep that bubble. 

Gosh I’m realizing how much I miss this  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/21 at 10:00 pm

Looking forward to Spring, changing the clocks forward and My birthday on Friday. :)
If I don’t come back in time Howard, have a wonderful birthday!!!! 

Sami

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/21 at 10:02 pm

I’ve just stopped by to let you guys who aren’t on Facebook that our beloved Book Mistress has passed.  She was a kind and gentle soul whom I know brightened my day, and I am sure she brightened yours that knew her too.  Too young to leave us.  RIP Book Mistress

(((Hugs)))

such sad news. What a wonderful person she was and fun here at inthe00s and FB. rest in peace Patty. you will be sorely missed  :\'(

Written By: violet_shy on 03/02/21 at 10:12 pm

(((Hugs)))

I have her as a friend on Facebook. This is very sad news...she was so nice. RIP. Patty.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/02/21 at 11:19 pm

Jeff you got a job!  I know you were working so hard to get one the last time I was here.  Congratulations!!!!  Tell me about it. 

Hi Sami! So nice to see you again. :)

I've actually been in my current job since early 2016 - that's a span of five years! It's an accounting job which I enjoy very much. When I first started it, back in January of '16, I was unsure of how long I would be in it...but I have been very comfortable with it. Plus the other people I work with are nice, and easy to get along with, which makes it more enjoyable. I should also note that it is part-time, only three days a week. (However, when I first started there five years ago, it was only two days a week...but in the last two years my workload has increased, making it necessary to expand my hours.)

For nearly a year, however, I have been primarily working remotely, from home, due to covid. Anytime I have to actually drive to my office (which is a 27-mile drive from my house one way), I bring along a facemask, and make sure to social distance with anyone else who is there (usually just my boss is the only other person who is there; moreover, she's been coming to the office most every day for the past few months, and often times she's there by herself).

Written By: nally on 03/02/21 at 11:22 pm

Oh no... :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

I had been seeing her around periodically on FB (I also have her as a friend), and I was unaware of her health conditions. But she seemed like such a nice lady. You're right, she brightened all of us.

(((Hugs)))

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news

I'll have to find that post next time I go on Facebook.

Written By: karen on 03/03/21 at 1:32 am

So sorry to hear about Patty. She was always so upbeat and fun, even when her life wasn’t

Written By: karen on 03/03/21 at 1:42 pm

Latest information is that Patty died from complications due to her diabetes.

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/21 at 1:46 pm

(((Hugs)))

This is very sad news.  I met her on another 80s themed message board many years ago.  When that site started to go downhill, I left and when I stumbled upon inthe00s, I convinced her to join and she really liked it here.

R.I.P. to a wonderful person  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/03/21 at 1:57 pm

I am just heartbroken over the loss of our beloved Patty (Bookmistress).  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  We met her in Philadelphia at the big meet up in 2009. She was a sweetheart. My condolences to her family.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/03/21 at 2:22 pm

Sad to hear about Patti. She was always so nice.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/03/21 at 3:33 pm

(((Hugs)))

I'm sorry to hear about Book Mistress, too young to leave us soon  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/03/21 at 3:34 pm

If I don’t come back in time Howard, have a wonderful birthday!!!! 

Sami

Thank You Sami, How's everything with you? :)

Written By: Howard on 03/03/21 at 3:35 pm

That's so sad.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/03/21 at 3:37 pm

That's so sad.  :\'(

Indeed it is. :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/21 at 3:17 am

(((Hugs)))

So sad the news.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/21 at 3:19 am

To celebrate World Book Day,
I will make each post rhyme that way.

Written By: karen on 03/04/21 at 11:09 am

To celebrate World Book Day,
I will make each post rhyme that way.

Though I admire your skill
And don’t want to wish you ill
I think that this time Phil
You are celebrating in the wrong way
Save it for World Poetry Day
March 21st (a Sunday!)

https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/world-poetry-day-2021/

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/21 at 11:44 am

March 21st (a Sunday!)

I don't think I could refer to,
A book title in every post of mine,
Giving me good practice,
So my rhyming will be fine.

Written By: karen on 03/04/21 at 2:44 pm

Schools open fully on Monday in England. All students have been asked to have a lateral flow test for Covid before going back to school. Not sure how other places are doing it but the school at work in invited students to come in before Monday for their first test. We will then test next week, and a little the following week before expecting them to test at home.

I did some training yesterday on doing the tests and then helped with testing today. I will be in tomorrow and Saturday. Then we start again with the first group on Monday.

As a member of staff I have my own set of tests and I am expected to test on Sunday and Wednesday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/05/21 at 2:31 am

March 21st (a Sunday!)

The same day as for the Census in the UK.

Written By: Ripley on 03/05/21 at 9:17 am

(((Hugs)))

Oh no! 😢 I have her on my fb which I’m not very active on. I just found out here. Super sad! She was such a sweetheart.

Written By: Ripley on 03/05/21 at 9:29 am

Day one of my staycation. The only day I’ve made plans for is Monday as my mom and me are going to the zoo.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/21 at 5:02 pm

I am so sad today. First Patty and now Carlos' cousin who passed away this morning. She was like a sister to both Carlos and SIL-espcially SIL. They were travel buddies. I keep thinking of the cross country trip we took several years ago where we met up with SIL & Cousin at Yellowstone.

And today would have been my dad's birthday so I am thinking about him, too.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/05/21 at 6:06 pm

I am so sad today. First Patty and now Carlos' cousin who passed away this morning. She was like a sister to both Carlos and SIL-espcially SIL. They were travel buddies. I keep thinking of the cross country trip we took several years ago where we met up with SIL & Cousin at Yellowstone.

Cat

Oh no. I'm so sorry. So many losses all at once.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/21 at 7:38 am

Cat

That's so sad Cat, my condolences.  :\'(

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/06/21 at 8:25 am

My daughter turns 20 today. I no longer have a teenager.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/06/21 at 9:01 am

Happy birthday to your daughter.  :)

Written By: Howard on 03/06/21 at 2:01 pm

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Written By: nally on 03/06/21 at 2:02 pm

Happy birthday to her. :) O0

Written By: violet_shy on 03/06/21 at 4:54 pm

I went over to my sister's place today. It was nice catching up and chatting. She made us a fruit smoothie. It was made with Strawberries, bananas, almond milk, and blueberries. She's the smoothie queen they are soo good! She tried getting her cat to come out of hiding lol. He's not use to seeing me there so he stayed in the bedroom. I tried to get close but maybe next time ;D

Hope everyone's day was great!

Written By: nally on 03/06/21 at 6:54 pm

I went over to my sister's place today. It was nice catching up and chatting. She made us a fruit smoothie. It was made with Strawberries, bananas, almond milk, and blueberries. She's the smoothie queen they are soo good! She tried getting her cat to come out of hiding lol. He's not use to seeing me there so he stayed in the bedroom. I tried to get close but maybe next time ;D

Sounds like a good time!! :) 8) O0

Mine has been relaxing, in a sense. But good. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/06/21 at 7:58 pm

Mine has been relaxing, in a sense. But good. :)

That's good! It's always nice to relax after a long busy day. But for me Sundays are always boring and there's never anything to do...oh wait...today is Saturday. So yeah, tomorrow will be boring. I won't work on my next song until April. So...maybe I'll just log in to inthe00s all day. Which is always fun.

Written By: nally on 03/06/21 at 11:18 pm

That's good! It's always nice to relax after a long busy day. But for me Sundays are always boring and there's never anything to do...oh wait...today is Saturday. So yeah, tomorrow will be boring. I won't work on my next song until April.

Please take care in all you do.

For me, Sundays have been a do-whatever day. For the most part, I haven't been actually going to church in almost a year due to covid...but my parents have needed to because they are church musicians and have to provide the music for the service, which is livestreamed on Facebook, so I can watch that at any time.

So...maybe I'll just log in to inthe00s all day. Which is always fun.

It certainly is!

Yeah, I had a busy week with work, especially on Thursday and Friday (even though I worked from home). So I didn't do too much activities today...except for cooking breakfast for my parents this morning. :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/06/21 at 11:44 pm

Thanks all. She had a good day today. She lives over 3 hours away in the city so I arranged something special to be delivered to her.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/21 at 7:55 am

My day was pretty quiet, can't complain. :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/07/21 at 2:38 pm

Cat

Big hugs Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/07/21 at 8:46 pm

I actually had a great Sunday...for once. I watched a movie with my sister and my mom. Did some catching up also. I made a "healthy" pizza for dinner. It didn't have any tomato sauce. It was just the crust with cheese, and tomatoes. And earlier I ordered Vanilla bean frozen yogurt from Door dash. It was heavenly! The yogurt was soft and sweet, and cold. It tasted a lot like soft serve ice cream. But, of course frozen yogurt is much healthier. And I had to order that for my mom not just for myself. Quiet night tonight and cold outside. I hope we get better weather soon.

Written By: nally on 03/08/21 at 2:58 pm

Today I might normally be working, but the server is being worked on today, which is why I'll be working a different day later in the week. (I was notified of this last week.) So even if I tried to log in right now, it would do me no good.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/21 at 3:01 pm

This morning My Father had to go to the hospital for acid reflux but now he's home and feeling much better. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/08/21 at 5:36 pm

This morning My Father had to go to the hospital for acid reflux but now he's home and feeling much better. :)

That's good I'm glad he is feeling better.  :)

Written By: nally on 03/08/21 at 10:54 pm

I'm glad he is too. O0

Written By: Howard on 03/09/21 at 4:48 am

Thanks.

Written By: nally on 03/10/21 at 7:14 pm

Anyways...my mom had her second covid vaccination last Friday... and today, namely this afternoon, she had a dilation appointment with the local eye doctor. (My dad took her to and from the appointment.)

Written By: nally on 03/11/21 at 11:07 pm

Worked again from home today...and I will again tomorrow.

Next week, I will be going into the office on two days: Monday (because it's the 15th, and I have middle-of-the-month assignments) and Wednesday (because we are going to have a "socially distanced lunch" at the park near to the office; it'll be a chance for all 4 of us who work in the office to (sorta) meet in-person after almost a whole year of having to primarily work from home).

Written By: Howard on 03/12/21 at 7:36 am

I am finally getting my vaccine appointment later this morning so wish me good luck.  :)

Written By: karen on 03/12/21 at 8:22 am

I am finally getting my vaccine appointment later this morning so wish me good luck.  :)

Hope that goes well for you Howard

Written By: karen on 03/12/21 at 8:26 am

I have been so busy with helping do lateral flow tests at school. Yesterday and today we have been getting the students to do all of the process so that they will be able to test themselves at home.

In between doing this we have been popping into the department to try and look after any practical experiment requests we have had. I am glad that it is Friday.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/12/21 at 9:43 am

Good to see you’re getting yours. I won’t be eligible for a very long time. They won’t even allow us to pre register.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/12/21 at 9:56 am

Good to see you’re getting yours. I won’t be eligible for a very long time. They won’t even allow us to pre register.

The president said on TV last night that EVERYBODY will be eligible by May 1.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/11/biden-states-make-adults-eligible-covid-vaccine-may-1/4655548001/

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/12/21 at 12:01 pm

The president said on TV last night that EVERYBODY will be eligible by May 1.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/11/biden-states-make-adults-eligible-covid-vaccine-may-1/4655548001/

That’s great news. Because this divide of eligibility is going to make things worse. People who are vaccinated can still get it and spread it, it just reduces or eliminates their own symptoms. Vaccinated folks will naturally ease off restrictions because they feel safer, but give it to the rest of us more easily. And vaccinated folks are less likely to even know they have it.

When I heard we wanted to start giving vaccines to other countries because we had enough, well apparently we don’t if they need to cut off 75% of us due to supply. So they say.

So anyway after a few nice days it’s below freezing again. I did lose a lot of snow and ice for the time being.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/12/21 at 12:16 pm

Here in Rhode Island, we can get vaccinated if we are 60 and over, and 16 and over if we have certain health conditions...that means myself included because I get asthma.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/12/21 at 12:18 pm

Here in Rhode Island, we can get vaccinated if we are 60 and over, and 16 and over if we have certain health conditions...that means myself included because I get asthma.

So, did you get the vaccination?

Written By: violet_shy on 03/12/21 at 12:21 pm

So, did you get the vaccination?

Not yet. I have to make an appointment first because there are so many people getting theirs.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/21 at 1:51 pm

Carlos got his second dose today. I'm waiting for mine turn. Who knows when that will be.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/12/21 at 2:36 pm

When she stuck the needle in, it hurt at first but now My Father told me to take 2 Percogesics later tonight before sleep, he told me I might have slight fever and may have a numb arm but we'll see tomorrow before I head off to work, second shot is in a few weeks.

Written By: Howard on 03/12/21 at 2:38 pm

I don't have any health conditions but both My Parents do.

Written By: Ripley on 03/12/21 at 2:40 pm

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my Grandpa’s death. It was literally 12 hours after I turned 32 years old. 😢

Written By: violet_shy on 03/12/21 at 2:49 pm

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my Grandpa’s death. It was literally 12 hours after I turned 32 years old. 😢

:\'( :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/21 at 3:22 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/12/21 at 4:36 pm

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my Grandpa’s death. It was literally 12 hours after I turned 32 years old.

Oh no, sorry about this!! :o :-[ :\'(

On a similar note, I lost a grandfather right around the time I turned 36...which is now 4 2/3 years ago. (Since he was all by himself when he actually died, it is not known for sure when he actually did so. Could have been anytime between the evening of the 10th and the evening of the 11th - when we found out the news.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/21 at 2:07 am

Just to report,
That all is fine,
I hope to be back,
Next week, some time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/13/21 at 1:27 pm

Went to a Zoom funeral-well, tried to. We lost connection and couldn't get it back. 

I still can't believe she is gone. My thoughts keep going back to that trip to Yellowstone we took in 2013 even though we have seen her just about every time we went to Puerto Rico. She will be greatly missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/13/21 at 2:52 pm

Went to a Zoom funeral-well, tried to. We lost connection and couldn't get it back. 

I still can't believe she is gone. My thoughts keep going back to that trip to Yellowstone we took in 2013 even though we have seen her just about every time we went to Puerto Rico. She will be greatly missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

I'm so sorry, Cat.

We did Zoom for my uncle's funeral last year. We didn't lose connection thankfully and we got to see family members and friends, which was good.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/21 at 3:44 pm

Just to report,
That all is fine,
I hope to be back,
Next week, some time.

nice to see you Phil, come back soon. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/13/21 at 5:05 pm

Cat

Sorry for your loss, Cat    :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/14/21 at 4:52 am

Cat

Sorry for the loss.  :\'(

Written By: Ripley on 03/15/21 at 12:21 pm

A lot of earthquakes have been happening in my area in the last 30ish hours. As you may know I live in Kansas. While there is a fault line we rarely get them. Well at least 7 have occurred in that short span of hours. Not big ones but noticeable. I have only felt a couple, barely felt. But this one from yesterday evening, oh boy. It was a 3.9! That’s nothing to you all who have normal ones, but here it is! I felt it under me this time. It wasn’t just a little shaky, it felt creepy. The reports say it’s all in the same area where they’re coming from. Maybe it’s from digging because my mom and others have said they heard a loud sound. I don’t recall a sound but just felt it. If not and it’s natural from the fault then oh my. I’m on edge though. We are in Tornado Alley, even though they’re less common in my city. So yes they’re scary but earthquakes too? 😬

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/21 at 2:00 pm

A lot of earthquakes have been happening in my area in the last 30ish hours. As you may know I live in Kansas. While there is a fault line we rarely get them. Well at least 7 have occurred in that short span of hours. Not big ones but noticeable. I have only felt a couple, barely felt. But this one from yesterday evening, oh boy. It was a 3.9! That’s nothing to you all who have normal ones, but here it is! I felt it under me this time. It wasn’t just a little shaky, it felt creepy. The reports say it’s all in the same area where they’re coming from. Maybe it’s from digging because my mom and others have said they heard a loud sound. I don’t recall a sound but just felt it. If not and it’s natural from the fault then oh my. I’m on edge though. We are in Tornado Alley, even though they’re less common in my city. So yes they’re scary but earthquakes too? 😬

:o :o :o

Do they frack in your area?

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 03/15/21 at 6:07 pm

A little yes. I’m thinking it’s that or something the city is doing, secretively probably  :-\\. I at least hope it’s only that.

Written By: nally on 03/15/21 at 6:20 pm

A lot of earthquakes have been happening in my area in the last 30ish hours. As you may know I live in Kansas. While there is a fault line we rarely get them. Well at least 7 have occurred in that short span of hours. Not big ones but noticeable. I have only felt a couple, barely felt. But this one from yesterday evening, oh boy. It was a 3.9! That’s nothing to you all who have normal ones, but here it is! I felt it under me this time. It wasn’t just a little shaky, it felt creepy. The reports say it’s all in the same area where they’re coming from. Maybe it’s from digging because my mom and others have said they heard a loud sound. I don’t recall a sound but just felt it. If not and it’s natural from the fault then oh my. I’m on edge though. We are in Tornado Alley, even though they’re less common in my city. So yes they’re scary but earthquakes too?

Whoa baby :o :o

I had no idea that parts of the U.S. other than California were prone to them. And you're right, 3.9 is nothing compared to the big ones I've felt.

Written By: nally on 03/16/21 at 11:04 am

Need to call a dermatologist today. There is a growth that has been bothering me for the past several months, and I want to have it looked into.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/21 at 1:10 pm

We are getting our new heating system. Hopefully, the downstairs will be done by Thursday. HEAT! Of course the weather is supposed to be warmer anyway.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/16/21 at 1:24 pm

We are getting our new heating system. Hopefully, the downstairs will be done by Thursday. HEAT! Of course the weather is supposed to be warmer anyway.  :-\\

Cat

Are you still in Vermont? We pretty much have the same weather here in Rhode Island. But yeah I was going to say the weather will probably get warmer, and here as well. That's good though, getting your heating.  :)

Written By: nally on 03/16/21 at 3:18 pm

Need to call a dermatologist today. There is a growth that has been bothering me for the past several months, and I want to have it looked into.

So I called said doctor's office, but the person I spoke to said I had to get a referral from my primary care physician, so then I called that office... and was able to get a "virtual" appointment (through Zoom) for this afternoon (PDT). It starts in a couple of hours.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/16/21 at 5:50 pm

Cat

Best time to do it, demand is probably down.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/21 at 6:11 pm

Best time to do it, demand is probably down.

The guy said he installed 5 of them since the beginning of the year and has a few more to put in.

The thing is, it is STILL cold (even though we had a couple of nice days). It is supposed to warm up tomorrow. It is 63 in this room right now.  :o :o :o  Downstairs was about 61 the last time I looked. Hot chicken vegetable soup for dinner tonight (and the "chef" makes the BEST soup).

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/17/21 at 12:16 am

St. Patricks Day is upon us...I hope someone remembers to turn on these emoticons: http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/stpatrick/smiley.gif

Written By: violet_shy on 03/17/21 at 11:36 am

I just read this...wow. That's really scary! We had one not too long ago. I thought it was thunder.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/21 at 1:48 pm

St. Patricks Day is upon us...I hope someone remembers to turn on these emoticons: http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/stpatrick/smiley.gif

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot.  :-[

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/21 at 4:32 pm

Had a Zoom birthday party today. Gonna have another next week.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 03/17/21 at 5:52 pm

And today it’s been a light mixture of rain and snow. Not the warmer rain I enjoy but super cold rain. I want the normal spring thunderstorms! 😩

Written By: nally on 03/17/21 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot.  :-[

Cat

Glad I could be of help. O0

Written By: nally on 03/17/21 at 6:47 pm

And today it’s been a light mixture of rain and snow. Not the warmer rain I enjoy but super cold rain. I want the normal spring thunderstorms!

Well, spring officially starts this weekend (Saturday, I believe is the equinox), but that doesn't mean the weather will adjust accordingly.

You'll get through 'em!

The rain is done passing through my area for the foreseeable future.

Written By: nally on 03/17/21 at 6:50 pm

Anyhoo...today my office staff (all four of us) met in the park for a socially distanced lunch! We haven't all been in the office together for nearly a year, so my boss thought it would be nice of us to have some sort of in-person gathering, even if it meant doing so outdoors. (There are only four of us who work for this company. Myself, my boss, and two other people.) So we all arranged to meet in this little park which is in close proximity to our office building...and we had lunch catered from Panera. It gave us a chance to sit around and talk...about what's been going on in our respective lives, especially in the past few months. We had a good time. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 4:23 am

Anyhoo...today my office staff (all four of us) met in the park for a socially distanced lunch! We haven't all been in the office together for nearly a year, so my boss thought it would be nice of us to have some sort of in-person gathering, even if it meant doing so outdoors. (There are only four of us who work for this company. Myself, my boss, and two other people.) So we all arranged to meet in this little park which is in close proximity to our office building...and we had lunch catered from Panera. It gave us a chance to sit around and talk...about what's been going on in our respective lives, especially in the past few months. We had a good time. :)
Sounds splendid!

I am back online for at least one day.

Written By: nally on 03/18/21 at 12:12 pm

Sounds splendid!

Thank you. O0

For now we still don't know when we'll all be able to be back in the office like old times.

I am back online for at least one day.

Splendid O0

Written By: nally on 03/18/21 at 12:15 pm

So I called said doctor's office, but the person I spoke to said I had to get a referral from my primary care physician, so then I called that office... and was able to get a "virtual" appointment (through Zoom) for this afternoon (PDT). It starts in a couple of hours.

Btw I visited the doctor this morning in-person so he could take a look at the bump/growth on the top of my head. He examined it, and determined that it will need to be surgically removed...but he said that a surgeon would be contacting me at some point in the next week or so to schedule such an appointment for that.

Written By: Howard on 03/18/21 at 3:54 pm

And today it’s been a light mixture of rain and snow. Not the warmer rain I enjoy but super cold rain. I want the normal spring thunderstorms! 😩

Over here in New York, we've had a cold rain too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 4:27 pm

Btw I visited the doctor this morning in-person so he could take a look at the bump/growth on the top of my head. He examined it, and determined that it will need to be surgically removed...but he said that a surgeon would be contacting me at some point in the next week or so to schedule such an appointment for that.
I hope it all goes well for you.

Written By: nally on 03/18/21 at 5:08 pm

I hope it all goes well for you.

If I don't hear back within a week, I will call the doctors office and mention it to them.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/18/21 at 9:17 pm

It was nice that Philip came back! But I think he's gone again :\'(.....come back soon Philip!

So it rained today. I had the chance to spend more time with my mother. You don't realize how precious a parent is until you get much older and they do as well. We watched old games on Pluto TV, ordered food, and caught up on things. It's always nice being with family and there's nothing better. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/21 at 1:44 pm

WE HAVE HEAT! WE HAVE HEAT! Just in time for the nice weather.  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/21 at 1:49 pm

It was nice that Philip came back! But I think he's gone again :\'(.....come back soon Philip!

So it rained today. I had the chance to spend more time with my mother. You don't realize how precious a parent is until you get much older and they do as well. We watched old games on Pluto TV, ordered food, and caught up on things. It's always nice being with family and there's nothing better. 
I am here now, but will be limited over the weekend.

Written By: nally on 03/19/21 at 2:09 pm

Cat

Splendid! O0

No heat in the weather where I am...but it has been plenty sunny. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/19/21 at 2:16 pm

Cat

That's wonderful, enjoy the heat. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/19/21 at 3:44 pm

I am here now, but will be limited over the weekend.

Hope all is well.  :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/19/21 at 5:20 pm

Got to 57f today, but still plenty of snow around the garage and in the yard.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/20/21 at 5:14 pm

Happy first day of Spring, everyone!

It is nice weather today. I went for a walk to the near by convenient store. Bought a few things. Walked back home. I hope we get this gorgeous weather during next week!

Written By: nally on 03/20/21 at 5:15 pm

Happy first day of Spring, everyone!

It is nice weather today. I went for a walk to the near by convenient store. Bought a few things. Walked back home. I hope we get this gorgeous weather during next week!

I hope so too!

I also hope that the wind dies down at some point this afternoon (where I'm at) so that I can get outside and enjoy the weekend. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/20/21 at 6:56 pm

We also went for a walk on this gorgeous first day of spring. We walked to the park (a block away), through the park diagonally and came back by walking around the park. It was probably about a half mile or so we walked-maybe further.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/21/21 at 8:27 am

Happy first day of Spring, go out and enjoy these above normal temperatures. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/21/21 at 4:15 pm

The funniest thing.

I went to the library, and a nice lady gave me some peanut butter cookies for free. And then she gave me three dollars back! Hahaha. Lol.

Written By: nally on 03/21/21 at 11:43 pm

I hope so too!

I also hope that the wind dies down at some point this afternoon (where I'm at) so that I can get outside and enjoy the weekend. :)

The wind continued into today, but this afternoon it calmed down considerably. Had some lawnmowing to do in the backyard, so I was able to take care of that without too much trouble.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/21 at 1:24 am

March 21st (a Sunday!)

I tried to be online yesterday,
For it was a day to reflect,
It was International Poetry Day,
And my computer would not connect.

Later this year, I can chance again,
And start the rhyming all over,
It will be National Poetry Day,
On the Seventh of October.

On October 7th

Written By: nally on 03/22/21 at 11:43 am

I tried to be online yesterday,
For it was a day to reflect,
It was International Poetry Day,
And my computer would not connect.

Later this year, I can chance again,
And start the rhyming all over,
It will be National Poetry Day,
On the Seventh of October.

On October 7th

O0

We also have in PPP
a special thread for poetry.
It's called "Poetry anyone?"
So check it out and have some fun! :)

Written By: nally on 03/22/21 at 12:30 pm

Anyhoo, today is not a work day for me; I'll be workin' tomorrow (from home) instead.
Still, I have things to accomplish around the house today.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/22/21 at 1:17 pm

Just returned home from a nice walk. Enjoying the day it's beautiful outside! Will work on my music and keep myself busy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/21 at 2:01 pm

Went to another Zoom birthday party yesterday.

SIL was planning on starting her return trip here tomorrow but we told her to hold off. Her room has NO HEAT and we don't know when the second unit will be put in. We don't want her to come and not have heat-and she doesn't want to stay in a room with no heat, either.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/22/21 at 3:10 pm

The funniest thing.

I went to the library, and a nice lady gave me some peanut butter cookies for free. And then she gave me three dollars back! Hahaha. Lol.

For what reason?  ???

Written By: nally on 03/23/21 at 4:46 pm

Just got done with working from home a short while ago. Tomorrow I will not be working; it'll be on Thursday instead.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/21 at 3:06 am

Done with my walk for the day, with no shopping involved. Back home to stay safe.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/25/21 at 1:37 pm

Spent some time with my brother today. We were on our way to my place when suddenly my brother's car stopped in the side of the road we were on. It was out of gasoline, so my brother had to go get some. I sat there and waited. It took him about 10 minutes. Finally we got to my place safely, thankfully!

It is a warm day today. I didn't even wear my coat. Loving this weather! :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/26/21 at 2:39 pm

Hey guys, just checking in.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/21 at 3:16 pm

Hi Rip. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/26/21 at 3:25 pm

Hi Ripley!! I miss you posting! Hope you are having a great day. :)

Written By: nally on 03/26/21 at 4:48 pm

Hey there; always nice to see you on here; I hope you are doing fine. :)

Written By: nally on 03/29/21 at 11:25 am

Not working today, but I will tomorrow and the next day... at the office.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/29/21 at 1:46 pm

So busy. But I have some time to myself today! Spent time with my brother and my mother earlier.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/21 at 2:17 pm

Got an appointment for my first dose this Friday. I am amazed with my chronic case of "needle-itis" and I am so looking forward to this. lol.

Cat

Written By: karen on 03/29/21 at 3:32 pm

Off work for three weeks for the Easter holidays.

Elizabeth is home for a couple of days as she has her second vaccine dose this week. She is finishing her Masters thesis and also revising for her final exams.

James is also busy revising for his exams, and finishing off some essays for his course.

Written By: nally on 03/29/21 at 3:40 pm

Got an appointment for my first dose this Friday. I am amazed with my chronic case of "needle-itis" and I am so looking forward to this. lol.

Cat

Splendid! O0

I'm still waiting til it's my turn for one.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/21 at 4:11 pm

Got my first COVID shot today - happy!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/21 at 4:14 pm

YAY!!! Which one?

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/21 at 4:25 pm

YAY!!! Which one?

Cat

Thanks, Cat.  I got Pfizer.  Only about 2 hours ago, but so far I feel fine.  Easy-peasy process (though it took a big chunk of the afternoon).  My brother (lives in a different County) is due to get his tomorrow; they told him he was getting Moderna.

It's a surprise because I only got the invite on Friday.  It was administered through the County.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/21 at 5:54 pm

Thanks, Cat.  I got Pfizer.  Only about 2 hours ago, but so far I feel fine.  Easy-peasy process (though it took a big chunk of the afternoon).  My brother (lives in a different County) is due to get his tomorrow; they told him he was getting Moderna.

It's a surprise because I only got the invite on Friday.  It was administered through the County.

Carlos & his sister both got Pfizer. In a way, I hope I get the J&J-one and done. But, I will see on Friday.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/21 at 5:57 pm

Carlos & his sister both got Pfizer. In a way, I hope I get the J&J-one and done. But, I will see on Friday.

Cat

One shot - instead of two - does sound better.  Fingers crossed for you, Cat!

Written By: Howard on 03/30/21 at 3:45 pm

Splendid! O0

I'm still waiting til it's my turn for one.

My 2nd appointment is this coming Saturday.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/21 at 3:46 pm

How are you feeling?

Written By: violet_shy on 03/30/21 at 4:20 pm

That's good! I'm glad you did. Some people refuse to get theirs.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/30/21 at 4:55 pm

How are you feeling?

Feeling fine, Howard - no real issues at all.  Hopefully no issues after #2 - for either of us.

Thanks Jessica!

Written By: nally on 03/30/21 at 10:58 pm

...which is kinda sad. I mean, how else are you gonna get protected from the nasty ol virus?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/21 at 1:28 am

My 2nd appointment is this coming Saturday.
Splendid!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/21 at 1:31 am

Finally back online, on the one day I could get online my tablet was playing up, being slow and not recognising my browser.

I had a family bubble member staying with me, and I have been able to take good walks for exercise, but on the whole I am still keeping myself safe.

Written By: karen on 03/31/21 at 3:12 pm

Drove to Cambridge last night to take Elizabeth back to university.

This morning I was working in the vaccine centre again. We are now doing second doses for the oldest adults. They are all so pleased and grateful to have the vaccine. They see it as a way back to (almost) normality.

In the afternoon I read through Elizabeth’s final report to check the grammar - the science is way beyond my level.

I have just finished Morris practice via Zoom. We have been doing this for a year now. We will start discussing how we might restart in person practicing soon. In England we can now meet in groups of six outdoors, so if the weather is dry we might be able to do something like that.

Written By: nally on 03/31/21 at 6:19 pm

Finally back online, on the one day I could get online my tablet was playing up, being slow and not recognising my browser.

I had a family bubble member staying with me, and I have been able to take good walks for exercise, but on the whole I am still keeping myself safe.

Glad you're back again! O0

And thanks for your updates.

Written By: nally on 03/31/21 at 6:20 pm

Anyways...today was a super-busy day for me at work. It was one of those end-of-the-month days that I had to stay late because there was LOTS to do. But now I am at home safely. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/31/21 at 6:37 pm

Anyways...today was a super-busy day for me at work. It was one of those end-of-the-month days that I had to stay late because there was LOTS to do. But now I am at home safely. :)

I hope you enjoy your quiet time to yourself. I've been busy as well! But I have some free time now.

Written By: nally on 03/31/21 at 6:41 pm

I hope you enjoy your quiet time to yourself. I've been busy as well! But I have some free time now.

Splendid. I am enjoying some quiet time right now while my parents are spending time in the pool. (It got hot in southern California today!)

Tomorrow I will have to go back to the office. (There was a change of plans; I was originally supposed to work from home this Friday, but my boss says she wants me in the office tomorrow because there's some quarterly work that I have to complete, that I didn't get to today. So I'll be working tomorrow in lieu of Friday.)

Written By: violet_shy on 03/31/21 at 6:51 pm

Splendid. I am enjoying some quiet time right now while my parents are spending time in the pool. (It got hot in southern California today!)

Tomorrow I will have to go back to the office. (There was a change of plans; I was originally supposed to work from home this Friday, but my boss says she wants me in the office tomorrow because there's some quarterly work that I have to complete, that I didn't get to today. So I'll be working tomorrow in lieu of Friday.)

So does that mean you have Friday off?

Written By: nally on 03/31/21 at 6:55 pm

So does that mean you have Friday off?

Yes. I usually work three days a week. Normally that has been Monday/Wednesday/Friday, but in recent weeks it has varied/fluctuated. And my boss appreciates my flexibility. She likes to make sure that I have ample time to get all my required assignments done.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/31/21 at 6:59 pm

Yes. I usually work three days a week. Normally that has been Monday/Wednesday/Friday, but in recent weeks it has varied/fluctuated. And my boss appreciates my flexibility. She likes to make sure that I have ample time to get all my required assignments done.

Ah ok. That's good!  :)

Written By: karen on 04/01/21 at 6:17 am

Quick trip into work this morning to check on/water/ feed the plants and animals. I also emptied the fridge so have a bonus bottle of milk and strawberry yogurt (both best before tomorrow)

In the U.K. Friday and Monday are bank holidays and most businesses are closed. Dai is not working tomorrow,  but I am volunteering at the vaccine centre in the morning. We might go a little further afield for a walk in the afternoon, now the stay at home restrictions have been lifted.

Check for new replies or respond here...