inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The June 2021 monthly thread

Written By: nally on 06/01/21 at 12:24 am

Couldn't think of a creative title this time around.

Anyways, welcome to the month of June, everyone!! :) :D 8)

Subject: Re: The June 2021 monthly thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/21 at 12:27 am

White Rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 06/01/21 at 7:28 am

I am hoping to get that call from King Kullen soon.

Written By: karen on 06/01/21 at 7:38 am

Just got back from the hairdressers. First hair cut since August last year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/21 at 8:25 am

Can I ask, did your hairdressers charge more than the pre-pandemic prices? Mine did!

Written By: Ripley on 06/01/21 at 8:30 am

Bet it feels good!😀

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/21 at 8:33 am

Bet it feels good!😀
Especially when the weather is hot, as it is today?

Written By: karen on 06/01/21 at 11:33 am

Can I ask, did your hairdressers charge more than the pre-pandemic prices? Mine did!

Hard to tell because I had the full works today - wash, cut, blow dry.

Bet it feels good!😀

It does

Written By: nally on 06/01/21 at 11:56 pm

Excellent!

And I saw your pic on FB not too long ago; looks great! O0

Written By: karen on 06/02/21 at 3:23 pm

I went to have my eyes tested this afternoon. I hadn’t noticed any changes but I needed to have the, done as a condition of the school minibus driver licence. Turns out I needed a stronger lens for my left eye.

This evening some of the Morris dancers met in the car park of the school where I work so I can use the WiFi to connect to the weekly Zoom call with the others from the side. We worked on adapting a few dances for 1 metre plus social distancing - no hand holding or anything like that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/21 at 4:48 pm

It has been the hottest day of the year in the UK for the third day in a row. Temperatures reached 28.3C (83F) in Northolt, west London, on Wednesday afternoon. It beat the previous day's high of 26.1C in Cardiff on the first day of meteorological summer.

Written By: nally on 06/03/21 at 12:00 am

It has been the hottest day of the year in the UK for the third day in a row. Temperatures reached 28.3C (83F) in Northolt, west London, on Wednesday afternoon. It beat the previous day's high of 26.1C in Cardiff on the first day of meteorological summer.

On a semi-related note: it has been on the warm side where I work, but cool back home. So the "June gloom" is not totally gone, depending on location.

Written By: nally on 06/03/21 at 12:01 am

Tomorrow (Thursday) I have a partial day at work because I have to leave at 3pm Pacific time to go to the surgeon's office to have the stitches removed (from my surgical operation two weeks ago).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/03/21 at 3:44 pm

Got to see 3 of my grandkids for the first time in over a year. I almost started crying when they came running up on the porch and threw their arms around me. I missed them so much. (And after being here for about 5-10 minutes, my grandson asked to used my tablet.  ::)  Nope. Not this time.)

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/03/21 at 4:49 pm

Got to see 3 of my grandkids for the first time in over a year. I almost started crying when they came running up on the porch and threw their arms around me. I missed them so much. (And after being here for about 5-10 minutes, my grandson asked to used my tablet.  ::)  Nope. Not this time.)

Cat

O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/03/21 at 4:51 pm

Tomorrow (Thursday) I have a partial day at work because I have to leave at 3pm Pacific time to go to the surgeon's office to have the stitches removed (from my surgical operation two weeks ago).

Hope that goes smooth as silk!  :)

Written By: nally on 06/03/21 at 7:53 pm

Hope that goes smooth as silk!  :)

The surgeon got rid of them all! Of course, it did sorta hurt a little bit as he was prying them out. And the spot where he did the operation two weeks ago has been healing very well.

Written By: karen on 06/04/21 at 10:32 am

Up in the Lake District for a few days.

Today we went for a walk around Devoke Water this morning and then to Ravenglass in the afternoon, including a stop for tea and cake. Tomorrow and Sunday we are orienteering.

Written By: Howard on 06/05/21 at 2:01 pm

I got some very good news, I have a talk with The manager at King Kullen on Tuesday at 10am, hopefully this will put me back in the union once again, The manager called me and asked me If I was still looking for work and I replied "Yes I am" then I said Thank You very much and I will see you then.  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 06/05/21 at 3:09 pm

Happy June everyone!! Let's have a great month!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/21 at 3:20 pm

We went to see Carlos' son in an outdoor dance performance. Shortly before they were done, they stopped the show because not only was the sky getting VERY dark, we heard the thunder and then saw the lightning. As soon as we got into the car, the sky opened up.

It was a shame that the performance couldn't finish.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/21 at 3:31 pm

I got some very good news, I have a talk with The manager at King Kullen on Tuesday at 10am, hopefully this will put me back in the union once again, The manager called me and asked me If I was still looking for work and I replied "Yes I am" then I said Thank You very much and I will see you then.  :)

Awesome news. King Kullen will be getting an experienced guy.  :)

Written By: nally on 06/05/21 at 5:22 pm

Awesome!! O0

Written By: nally on 06/05/21 at 10:26 pm

Cat

A bit late in replying to this...but I'm glad you got to see them and they had a nice time with you! :)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/21 at 7:15 am

Hi Jess. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/21 at 7:17 am

Awesome news. King Kullen will be getting an experienced guy.  :)

He just wants to chat with me, doesn't mean I have a job just yet but I'll let you guys know what happens afterwards, I'm so excited they called, can't wait.  :)

Written By: karen on 06/06/21 at 12:56 pm

Welcome back

We went to see Carlos' son in an outdoor dance performance. Shortly before they were done, they stopped the show because not only was the sky getting VERY dark, we heard the thunder and then saw the lightning. As soon as we got into the car, the sky opened up.

It was a shame that the performance couldn't finish.

Cat

Shame they couldn’t finish, will there be another performance?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/21 at 1:22 pm

Welcome back

Shame they couldn’t finish, will there be another performance?

There is one today and again next weekend but we will not be going to it.

Step-son asked if I would video the performance yesterday. I told him that I would bring my camera and tripod. I didn't really get to WATCH the performance because I kept my eyes on the camera. The video came out ok but the audio not so much. It was REALLY windy and the audio picked that up-big time.

They have 2 different shows. This is the first one and they will be doing the second one will be in July. We may be able to see the last performance of the season-depending! We shall see.

Oh, and besides getting wet yesterday, we also got sunburnt. Carlos got it on his knees (he was wearing shorts). I got it on my back & arms and a bit on my face. SIL didn't get any because she just got back from Puerto Rico.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/21 at 1:28 pm

Hello everyone!
And all is fine.
It's later in the day,
But still online!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/21 at 1:29 pm

Welcome back!

Written By: Howard on 06/07/21 at 1:33 pm

Tomorrow's the day and hope I get the job, I will definitely talk about it the next day, see you then.  :) 

Written By: karen on 06/07/21 at 3:15 pm

Tomorrow's the day and hope I get the job, I will definitely talk about it the next day, see you then.  :)

Fingers crossed for you Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/21 at 3:27 pm

I hope it turns out fine for you.

Written By: Ripley on 06/07/21 at 7:31 pm

Got to see 3 of my grandkids for the first time in over a year. I almost started crying when they came running up on the porch and threw their arms around me. I missed them so much. (And after being here for about 5-10 minutes, my grandson asked to used my tablet.  ::)  Nope. Not this time.)  8)

Cat

Awesome! Today me and my mom met up with some family we don’t see very often,  even before the pandemic, cause they’re from out of town. But we all ate dinner and visited for a couple of hours. It was nice! Also, my cousin from Florida just moved up to Lieutenant of his police department!  8)

Written By: Ripley on 06/07/21 at 7:34 pm

Good luck!  8)

Written By: nally on 06/07/21 at 9:22 pm

Good luck! We're all hoping for the best. O0

My thoughts exactly.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/07/21 at 10:48 pm

Pulling for you, Howard!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/21 at 1:05 am

Today should be a usual day for me, but I still need to purchase a special something for my granddaughter.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/21 at 5:08 am

Good luck today, Howard!  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/21 at 6:39 am

Thank You Karen. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/21 at 6:40 am

I hope it turns out fine for you.

Thanks Phil. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/21 at 6:40 am

Good luck!  8)

Thanks. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/21 at 6:41 am

Pulling for you, Howard!  :)

Thanks AG. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/21 at 7:41 am

Thanks Phil. :)
Take good care and good luck.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/21 at 1:48 pm

I have some good news and bad news, The good news is my job application was approved but the bad news is the store manager gave me a bunch of papers to fill out just to get back right into the union which My Father And I had filled out when I got home and that took about 2 hours to do so, then came the copying of some personal documents for the manger to put into his file then I had to call this number up just to receive a code and that was it, I will bring the papers back to the store manager by Thursday and hopefully by then I'll be hired. I always thought it was a piece of cake just to get another job, I almost forgot about the papers. Well, at least it's some good news.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/21 at 2:03 pm

I have some good news and bad news, The good news is my job application was approved but the bad news is the store manager gave me a bunch of papers to fill out just to get back right into the union which My Father And I had filled out when I got home and that took about 2 hours to do so, then came the copying of some personal documents for the manger to put into his file then I had to call this number up just to receive a code and that was it, I will bring the papers back to the store manager by Thursday and hopefully by then I'll be hired. I always thought it was a piece of cake just to get another job, I almost forgot about the papers. Well, at least it's some good news.

I’d recommend you take the papers there tomorrow (if today is not possible). Don’t wait for Thursday!

Written By: nally on 06/08/21 at 8:07 pm

Yep, usually it takes a while before the hirers make a verdict.

My current job, which I interviewed for 5 1/2 years ago, took me about a month or so to get. It's like this: I interviewed in November of 2015, did the background check in mid-December, and then a few days after Christmas I got an email from the person in charge saying I passed the background check, and that I could start in mid-January (2016). I happily accepted that offer!
And now, almost 5 1/2 years later, I am still there, with more duties than I originally had. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/21 at 2:43 am

I’d recommend you take the papers there tomorrow (if today is not possible). Don’t wait for Thursday!
I cannot go into details, but it took over three months to process my details for on of my employments, and in that meantime I was well looked after.

Written By: Howard on 06/09/21 at 7:54 am

He said Thursday at 10am, can't argue with him. (store manager)

Written By: Howard on 06/10/21 at 6:26 am

In just about an hour I will be off to King Kullen to hand over the stacks of paper to the store manager, then he said over the phone that he will be going on vacation the week after so most likely I'll probably won't hear back until the weekend or next week, we'll have to see what he says.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/21 at 7:18 am

In just about an hour I will be off to King Kullen to hand over the stacks of paper to the store manager, then he said over the phone that he will be going on vacation so most likely I probably won't hear back until he returns (whenever that'll be) we'll have to see what he says.
Good luck and take good care.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/10/21 at 12:40 pm

In just about an hour I will be off to King Kullen to hand over the stacks of paper to the store manager, then he said over the phone that he will be going on vacation so most likely I probably won't hear back until he returns (whenever that'll be) we'll have to see what he says.

Good luck, Howard!  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/10/21 at 2:14 pm

Good luck, Howard!  :)

Well, now I think this will be good news, I handed the stack of papers to him, he looked it over and said that he'll call me over the weekend (or maybe perhaps next week) depending on how long the process will take, then I said "Thank You Very Much and talk to you over the weekend or next week", I guess God is giving me a second chance, I'm so happy to return to the place I used to work in when it was Pathmark.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/21 at 2:15 pm

Well, now I think this will be good news, I handed the stack of papers to him, he looked it over and said that he'll call me over the weekend (or maybe perhaps next week) depending on how long the process will take, then I said "Thank You Very Much and talk to you over the weekend or next week", I guess God is giving me a second chance, I'm so happy to return to the place I used to work in when it was Pathmark.  :)
Sounds promising?

Written By: Howard on 06/10/21 at 2:17 pm

Sounds promising?

Yes and I'm not going to mess myself up this time or else that will be the end of me.

Written By: karen on 06/10/21 at 2:17 pm

There was a partial eclipse of the sun visible in the U.K. today. I arranged for the purchase of a few hundred pairs of viewing glasses and the whole school came out to view the sun. Shame it was so cloudy. The sun did peep through briefly and a reasonable number of students did see something worthwhile.

Written By: nally on 06/10/21 at 9:49 pm

Way to go! O0

Yes and I'm not going to mess myself up this time or else that will be the end of me.

Yep. Gotta watch your step (so to speak).
Good luck!

Written By: nally on 06/11/21 at 11:52 pm

Today (Friday) I got to work later than usual. This is because I had to visit the DMV to renew my driver's license. (I had made an appointment to do so earlier this week, and let my boss know so that she would expect me to arrive at the office later.) My appointment was at 8am; I was done by 8:30, after which I drove to work and arrived at 9:15. I still left the office at the usual time.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/21 at 6:55 am

I hope to hear from the store manager from King Kullen either today or tomorrow and I'll let you know what happens.  :)

Written By: nally on 06/12/21 at 11:13 am

I hope to hear from the store manager from King Kullen either today or tomorrow and I'll let you know what happens.  :)

I hope it is good news.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/21 at 12:44 pm

I hope to soon see a King Kullen thread here at InThe00s.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/12/21 at 1:55 pm

I hope to soon see a King Kullen thread here at InThe00s.  :)

I will do that when I first start my job then I will also put the logo too as well.

Written By: nally on 06/12/21 at 3:40 pm

I will do that when I first start my job then I will also put the logo too as well.

Good luck! O0

Written By: Howard on 06/13/21 at 7:00 am

Good luck! O0

Thanks.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/13/21 at 8:38 am

Great job Howard!

Written By: Howard on 06/13/21 at 1:45 pm

Great job Howard!

Wagon, I'm still waiting for the call, he said that he'd call on the weekend, the weekend's almost over and I don't know what's going on, been waiting by the phone almost all day so maybe he would call before the store closes or probably try tomorrow.  ???

Written By: nally on 06/13/21 at 3:01 pm

Wagon, I'm still waiting for the call, he said that he'd call on the weekend, the weekend's almost over and I don't know what's going on, been waiting by the phone almost all day so maybe he would call before the store closes or probably try tomorrow.  ???

Yep, if you don't hear from him today you can try contacting him tomorrow.

Written By: karen on 06/13/21 at 4:11 pm

Dai and I went to visit Dai’s mum for the weekend. We haven’t stopped overnight with her for over a year.

We weeded her garden, I took her for a walk around some shops and today we went for a walk along the sea front.  We hope to go and see her next month for her birthday.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/13/21 at 9:01 pm

I just got home. I went here and took my wagon. 1200 mile round trip so I’m pretty worn out. Lots of interest in my car which was nice. And lots of cool cars from the 80s, some rare, some forgotten about.

https://www.backtothe80smn.com/

Written By: Howard on 06/14/21 at 7:09 am

Yep, if you don't hear from him today you can try contacting him tomorrow.

I think I remember him saying that he was going on vacation so I might have to wait for his call when he returns, hope he didn't forget.

Written By: karen on 06/14/21 at 9:41 am

I think I remember him saying that he was going on vacation so I might have to wait for his call when he returns, hope he didn't forget.

You did say that

In just about an hour I will be off to King Kullen to hand over the stacks of paper to the store manager, then he said over the phone that he will be going on vacation the week after so most likely I'll probably won't hear back until the weekend or next week, we'll have to see what he says.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/21 at 1:49 pm

Good News everyone, I start this Thursday, Friday and Saturday for right now as probably a trial 10-2 the morning shift and he said afterwards if the job application happens to come back for some strange reason he will let me know before then so it's official I will see him on Thursday morning.  :)

And one more thing is the logo too big for you all to see, should it be shrunken?

Written By: karen on 06/14/21 at 2:01 pm

Good News everyone, I start this Thursday, Friday and Saturday for right now as probably a trial 10-2 the morning shift and he said afterwards if the job application happens to come back for some strange reason he will let me know before then so it's official I will see him on Thursday morning.  :)

And one more thing is the logo too big for you all to see, should it be shrunken?

Fab news Howard. Show the manager what a good worker you are, listen to any instructions carefully and do your very best.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/21 at 2:07 pm

Fab news Howard. Show the manager what a good worker you are, listen to any instructions carefully and do your very best.

Thanks Karen. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/14/21 at 2:37 pm

O0 Fantastic news, Howard!

For some reason it's encroaching on the posts below it, it might be good to crop it...  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/21 at 4:19 pm

Great new, Howard. Congrats from both of us.

And the logo needs to be smaller.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/21 at 5:29 pm

Awesome news Howard!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

As to the logo… on my screen it bleeds over the posts that are done after yours, so they can’t be read. Prolly need to make it 1/3 the size it is now.

Written By: kr37 on 06/14/21 at 10:58 pm

Congratulations Howard!  :)

Written By: nally on 06/14/21 at 11:17 pm

Awesome!! O0 Glad to hear.

And no, I think the logo is just fine the way it is.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/21 at 1:47 am

Well done, for gaining your position,
In your new found employment.
Take care, think right, and do what is right,
And you'll find fulfillment and enjoyment.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/21 at 7:34 am

O0 Fantastic news, Howard!

For some reason it's encroaching on the posts below it, it might be good to crop it...  :-\\

AG, I fixed it yesterday, just had to shrink it to a smaller size.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/15/21 at 8:56 am

AG, I fixed it yesterday, just had to shrink it to a smaller size.

O0 Logo looks good now, Howard.  So happy for you getting your new position!

Written By: Howard on 06/15/21 at 2:03 pm

O0 Logo looks good now, Howard.  So happy for you getting your new position!

Thanks, this time I won't mess up at my new place.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/17/21 at 7:48 pm

I'm so happy for you, Howard.  :)

Written By: nally on 06/17/21 at 8:00 pm

Thanks, this time I won't mess up at my new place.

I hope your first day at your new place went well!

I am coming up on 2 months of being full time at my current job. (5 years and 5 months overall.)

Written By: Howard on 06/18/21 at 4:57 am

I'm so happy for you, Howard.  :)

Thanks. :)

Written By: Ripley on 06/18/21 at 9:26 am

Congratulations Howard!

Written By: Howard on 06/18/21 at 4:41 pm

Congratulations Howard!

Thanks Ripley, My 2nd day at work and there's a lot of tasks to get done.  :)

Written By: nally on 06/18/21 at 8:14 pm

Thanks Ripley, My 2nd day at work and there's a lot of tasks to get done.  :)

Great. O0 Glad to hear it is going well for you.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/21 at 5:02 am

Great. O0 Glad to hear it is going well for you.

Thank You.

Written By: karen on 06/20/21 at 6:37 am

A potted history of my past week or so

I got the results from my first year check up mammogram. All clear this year.

Last week at work the year 10 students had taster lessons in the subjects they are thinking of studying for A level (three or four subjects are studied at this higher level). Good fun popping in to help them with some aspects of the experiments they were doing in Physics. It was just a bit frantic because the teachers only decided at the start of the week exactly what was going to happen!

James got his results for his first year of university. He did really well.

Busy day yesterday. I worked a shift at the vaccine centre. In England over 18s can now book a vaccine and we had lots of younger ones through yesterday. A surprising amount were very nervous and a few had to use the recovery beds as they went a bit wibbly wobbly.

In the afternoon Dai and I went to my dad’s house to work in the garden. We did a couple of hours weeding and pulled a load of dead ivy off a wall. Previously we had chopped through the main stem of the ivy.

This afternoon I am going to a workshop on sewing machine maintenance. I was originally booked in to this course for March last year.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/21 at 7:47 am

It's been my 3rd day at work and so far I'm doing pretty well at King Kullen and right now I'm still trying to think about the new tasks that I have do such as looking after the bottle and can machines, sweeping up the place and getting the carts up, there will be more most likely in the next couple of months when I start to get the tasks down pat. I definitely like the neighborhood and it's much better than that city dump I was before working in. This area I know because I was there over 10 years ago when it was Pathmark then it went bankrupt and King Kullen took over afterwards.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/21 at 8:15 am

It's been my 3rd day at work and so far I'm doing pretty well at King Kullen and right now I'm still trying to think about the new tasks that I have do such as looking after the bottle and can machines, sweeping up the place and getting the carts up, there will be more most likely in the next couple of months when I start to get the tasks down pat. I definitely like the neighborhood and it's much better than that city dump I was before working in. This area I know because I was there over 10 years ago when it was Pathmark then it went bankrupt and King Kullen took over afterwards.

What are bottle and can machines? Are they the pop vending machines? ???

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/20/21 at 9:38 am

What are bottle and can machines? Are they the pop vending machines? ???

More than likely machines to accept the empties and give you your deposit back. Like in Michigan, you pay an extra 10c up front for every pop or beer container, then you get it back when you turn in the empty one. It’s an incentive to not just toss it on the side of the road or whatever. I mentioned this when I went to a car show in DC and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/21 at 12:28 pm

More than likely machines to accept the empties and give you your deposit back. Like in Michigan, you pay an extra 10c up front for every pop or beer container, then you get it back when you turn in the empty one. It’s an incentive to not just toss it on the side of the road or whatever. I mentioned this when I went to a car show in DC and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Hmm… Have never seen them before. Sounds cool.  8)

Written By: nally on 06/20/21 at 1:04 pm

So, today for the first time since last March, I actually went to church with my parents. That is, into the church building itself with them. All during covid, I had been watching the livestreams on Facebook...but today, I actually was ready to go back. :) (Particularly with mandates being lifted in California last week.) Mask-wearing was optional; some people put them on, while others chose not to. (I even brought along mine just in case.) It felt good to be back in there and to interact closely with other people.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/21 at 2:06 pm

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/H1o4FT0V5pM/maxresdefault.jpg
Sometimes these machines can get stuck so once in a while the guys have to maintain it so it works properly and also they need to be cleaned inside and outside cause it can get quite dirty in there and also they need to have clean garbage bags.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/20/21 at 5:51 pm

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/H1o4FT0V5pM/maxresdefault.jpg
Sometimes these machines can get stuck so once in a while the guys have to maintain it so it works properly and also they need to be cleaned inside and outside cause it can get quite dirty in there and also they need to have clean garbage bags.

Yes same with ours. And they’re easily the filthiest part of the store. The smells of stale beer, pop, and saliva are disgusting especially when they keep the room closed up like Meijer does. Wal Mart at least has some ventilation in theirs. So hats off to you Howard for working in there and keeping it clean and running.

Written By: nally on 06/20/21 at 11:57 pm

My dad had a good Father's Day today. After we got home from the church, I made some brunch for him (waffles, on our waffle maker). Later on we went in our pool to get some exercise (the sun was poking in and out); and finally, my mom and I cooked an Italian meal for him.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/21 at 7:17 am

Yes same with ours. And they’re easily the filthiest part of the store. The smells of stale beer, pop, and saliva are disgusting especially when they keep the room closed up like Meijer does. Wal Mart at least has some ventilation in theirs. So hats off to you Howard for working in there and keeping it clean and running.

I didn't start working on the bottles and can machines yet, the cart attendant who was there for 2 years was just showing me how to take care of them so most likely within the next few months or so, I'll be taking care of them, it shouldn't be that hard, and if I have have any trouble I can always have someone assist me. Cart attendants from what I was told always need a small walkie-talkie so that they can contact you to go and assist the machines and keys to open them too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/22/21 at 2:40 am

Back online after an extended weekend break, with a happy father's day spent with my family bubble.

Written By: nally on 06/22/21 at 10:16 pm

Today was one of those days at the office in which I didn't have a whole lot to keep me busy.

Written By: nally on 06/23/21 at 7:56 pm

...and today was a busier day at the office. I had lots more to do.

One such task was to order in some lunch for myself and coworkers, and then go pick it up! This was in honor of the fact that we don't have to social distance in the office anymore (since we are all fully vaccinated, and mandates were lifted last week).

Written By: karen on 06/24/21 at 2:39 pm

Elizabeth got her final results for her degree. She got a first (highest result she can get) which is a brilliant result.

We are going to Cambridge next week to see part of the graduation ceremony.

Written By: Ripley on 06/25/21 at 9:43 am

Elizabeth got her final results for her degree. She got a first (highest result she can get) which is a brilliant result.

We are going to Cambridge next week to see part of the graduation ceremony.

That’s excellent 8)

Written By: nally on 06/26/21 at 11:41 pm

So, tomorrow (Sunday) my mom will be singing her final service at the church. She is retiring from her work on the 30th. (She announced that she would do so a few months back.)

And then later on, after the service, there will be a celebration for her at the home of one of the other church musicians.

So, I probably won't be on here much during the day tomorrow.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/27/21 at 9:28 pm

So as of April, I am engaged! The wedding is in 3 years...its better for me and it's better for my fiance. Just thought I'd share my great news with everyone. I will post pictures as soon as I plan out the wedding. Stay tuned, everyone!

:)

Written By: Howard on 06/28/21 at 7:20 am

So as of April, I am engaged! The wedding is in 3 years...its better for me and it's better for my fiance. Just thought I'd share my great news with everyone. I will post pictures as soon as I plan out the wedding. Stay tuned, everyone!

Congratulations Jess. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/21 at 9:22 am

Is your date with Charlie Puth cancelled due to your engagement?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/28/21 at 10:57 am

Is your date with Charlie Puth cancelled due to your engagement?

I was wondering about that myself.. She did seem like she was so looking forward to the Charlie Puth date. I suppose there's no reason it can't happen as a platonic/friend type meeting since it's already all arranged. Especially now that so many Covid restrictions have been lifted.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/28/21 at 11:27 am

I was wondering about that myself.. She did seem like she was so looking forward to the Charlie Puth date. I suppose there's no reason it can't happen as a platonic/friend type meeting since it's already all arranged. Especially now that so many Covid restrictions have been lifted.

For all we know it could be Charlie Puth.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/21 at 11:31 am

Will you fly out to India with your intended husband as a part of the adoption arrangement of your new child?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/28/21 at 11:38 am

Will you fly out to India with your intended husband as a part of the adoption arrangement of your new child?

I think the Department of Children, Youth and Families (or whoever is overseeing the ongoing adoption process)may be more likely to smile on a couple, as they may think a couple is better suited to support a child. I'm not sure that's how they operate, but it seems likely. It's a complicated process.

Written By: karen on 06/28/21 at 12:27 pm

We fetched James home from university yesterday. Also picked up some of Elizabeth’s stuff and had a nice chat with her while sat on her doorstep.

Trying to get James motivated into looking for a summer job

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/28/21 at 1:14 pm

For all we know it could be Charlie Puth.

Jess has some news
And she's very excited
She's having a wedding
And we're all invited!

is it with Charlie
With whom she had a summer date
We'll see when we get there
So don't be late!

:-*

Written By: nally on 06/28/21 at 8:08 pm

WHAT?! ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/21 at 6:18 am

Jess has some news
And she's very excited
She's having a wedding
And we're all invited!

is it with Charlie
With whom she had a summer date
We'll see when we get there
So don't be late!

:-*

On hearing the news,
And waiting with expectation,
Looking at the front door mat,
For the arrival of the invitation.

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 12:14 am

So tomorrow (Wednesday) is my mom's final day of working. She is retiring from her church job as liturgist/music director after 12 years at the San Buenaventura Mission. (She's held similar positions at other churches over the past 30 years overall.) This past Sunday she sang at her final service, after which she had two celebrations in her honor.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/21 at 7:43 am

So tomorrow (Wednesday) is my mom's final day of working. She is retiring from her church job as liturgist/music director after 12 years at the San Buenaventura Mission. (She's held similar positions at other churches over the past 30 years overall.) This past Sunday she sang at her final service, after which she had two celebrations in her honor.
To the best it can, will there be a retirement 'party' for her?

Written By: Howard on 06/30/21 at 3:25 pm

I just got a Heat Advisory Alert before on my phone telling people to limit their power usage on a lot of appliances with temperatures in the mid 90's.

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 11:29 pm

To the best it can, will there be a retirement 'party' for her?

That's pretty much what we had, on Sunday afternoon and evening.

Today was her final day at the office.

Written By: karen on 07/01/21 at 1:23 am

Elizabeth graduated yesterday. We had hoped to be able to have lunch in college and be with other parents but the current restrictions here prevented that.

We met Elizabeth in the morning to load her possessions into the car. Then she went off for formal photos and further instructions about the ceremony, while we went for a look around the Classics department museum. They have plaster casts of many classical sculptures such Venus de Milo and friezes from the Parthenon.

In the afternoon we had chance to go with Elizabeth to her college and take some pictures.

Then the graduates lined up and paraded from their college to the building where the ceremony takes place. All the parents lined the parade route to watch. We were able to watch the actual ceremony via a live video feed. It all in Latin, but James was able to translate. We probably got a better view of Elizabeth than if we had been inside the hall.

Afterwards we met up with Elizabeth, her friends and their parents for a picnic.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/21 at 2:57 am

Elizabeth graduated yesterday. We had hoped to be able to have lunch in college and be with other parents but the current restrictions here prevented that.

We met Elizabeth in the morning to load her possessions into the car. Then she went off for formal photos and further instructions about the ceremony, while we went for a look around the Classics department museum. They have plaster casts of many classical sculptures such Venus de Milo and friezes from the Parthenon.

In the afternoon we had chance to go with Elizabeth to her college and take some pictures.

Then the graduates lined up and paraded from their college to the building where the ceremony takes place. All the parents lined the parade route to watch. We were able to watch the actual ceremony via a live video feed. It all in Latin, but James was able to translate. We probably got a better view of Elizabeth than if we had been inside the hall.

Afterwards we met up with Elizabeth, her friends and their parents for a picnic.
Congrats to Elizabeth!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/01/21 at 8:55 am

Fantastic!  Congratulations to Elizabeth    :)

Check for new replies or respond here...