inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: September 2021 monthly thread...you know the drill.

Written By: nally on 09/01/21 at 1:19 am

Welcome to the month of September!! This year is flying by! :o :)

As I always say, White Rabbits!

Subject: Re: September 2021 monthly thread...you know the drill.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/21 at 2:11 am

White Rabbit!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/21 at 2:12 am

In the Philippines the Christmas Season happens during the “ber” months --- months that end in “ber” --- therefore, from SeptemBER to DecemBER. All these start as early as September 1, extending until the Feast of the Three Kings, making this the longest Christmas in the world.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/21 at 4:14 am

This year is sure flying by, can't believe it's September already. :o

Written By: nally on 09/01/21 at 7:54 pm

In the Philippines the Christmas Season happens during the “ber” months --- months that end in “ber” --- therefore, from SeptemBER to DecemBER. All these start as early as September 1, extending until the Feast of the Three Kings, making this the longest Christmas in the world.

Ah, interesting. I had not realised that they did it that way. Ya learn something new every day!

Written By: karen on 09/02/21 at 1:05 am

Back to work for me yesterday, ready for the new school year.

It was weird having a meeting with all the staff in the same room.  We always have a whole school staff briefing which yesterday included the new arrangements in place due to Covid. Basically everything is back to normal, unless we get a huge spike in cases.

We will be helping students do their lateral flow tests today and tomorrow (different year groups)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/04/21 at 11:47 am

I got a copy of the MTO's, Ministry of Transportation Ontario,  Driver's Handbook last week so I'm going to try and get my learner's permit. I just want to learn how to drive so I can be a little more independent than I am right now.  It's going to be fun to actually do something that I wanted to do since I was 16.  :) :) :) :)

Written By: nally on 09/04/21 at 12:21 pm

I got a copy of the MTO's, Ministry of Transportation Ontario,  Driver's Handbook last week so I'm going to try and get my learner's permit. I just want to learn how to drive so I can be a little more independent than I am right now.  It's going to be fun to actually do something that I wanted to do since I was 16.  :) :) :) :)

Sounds great!

I admit that I procrastinated on getting my driver's permit/license too. I just didn't feel ready until I was in my twenties. And I'm glad that I eventually got it.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/04/21 at 1:50 pm

Family get together today. So far, it's been nice. Talking and catching up. I hope there are more in the future!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/04/21 at 2:03 pm

Family get together today. So far, it's been nice. Talking and catching up. I hope there are more in the future!

O0 There's nothing like family!

Written By: violet_shy on 09/04/21 at 2:19 pm

I hardly ever spend time with them, so when we have these get togethers it's really nice.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/04/21 at 3:43 pm

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/04/21 at 3:44 pm

It's great spending time and catching up on old memories with them. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/04/21 at 3:45 pm

I hardly ever spend time with them, so when we have these get togethers it's really nice.  :)

Do you discuss old memories with them?

Written By: nally on 09/04/21 at 4:07 pm

Nice! I'm glad you had a chance to do that. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 09/04/21 at 7:54 pm

It's great spending time and catching up on old memories with them. :)

Do you discuss old memories with them?

Nice! I'm glad you had a chance to do that. O0

Yes. It's mostly the elders who discuss old memories and nostalgia.

I've missed you all so much! My online friends.  :-*

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/04/21 at 8:00 pm

That's funny, because on this site it's mostly really young people who discuss nostalgia.

Written By: nally on 09/04/21 at 8:15 pm

I've missed you too! 8) :-*

Written By: Howard on 09/05/21 at 7:04 am

I missed you too. :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/05/21 at 3:12 pm

Sounds great!

I admit that I procrastinated on getting my driver's permit/license too. I just didn't feel ready until I was in my twenties. And I'm glad that I eventually got it.

Well, this wasn't a matter of me procrastinating as much as it was my mother thinking that I wasn't ready to take on that kind of responsibility.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/21 at 1:29 am

Back online, after a pleasant family weekend, fun and games were had.

Written By: nally on 09/06/21 at 1:38 am

Happy to hear that! O0

Written By: nally on 09/06/21 at 1:39 am

Well, this wasn't a matter of me procrastinating as much as it was my mother thinking that I wasn't ready to take on that kind of responsibility.  :)

I understand. We all have our reasons for it.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/21 at 4:43 am

That's wonderful. :)

Written By: Ripley on 09/06/21 at 12:29 pm

That’s really cool!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/21 at 12:31 pm

That’s really cool!
Yes, the shops and stores are full of Christmas produce for sell, at first I could not believe my eyes.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/06/21 at 12:36 pm

Yes, the shops and stores are full of Christmas produce for sell, at first I could not believe my eyes.

Oh yes, it starts very early. I saw Halloween stuffs out in early August. Here in the US it's essentially all one holiday season now.  The most depressing part is after they charge Christmas at us like the running of the bulls at Pamplona, they strategically withdraw it about two weeks before Christmas to make way for the Valentine's day merchandise. It's depressing to see all the Christmas merchandise carelessly flung on a "half off clearance" table when Christmas is still somewhat far off. When I was young we really didn't even start any Christmas activities until just about two weeks before. Now they've shoved Valentine's Day (a fake holiday at that!) at us half way through December!

Written By: violet_shy on 09/06/21 at 1:21 pm

Hello Philip!  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/21 at 8:03 am

Even King Kullen is now selling Halloween and Christmas stuff too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/07/21 at 11:43 am

Started working on my yard sale. Didn't have one last year so hopefully this one will be GOOD!

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/08/21 at 1:59 pm

Oh yes, it starts very early. I saw Halloween stuffs out in early August. Here in the US it's essentially all one holiday season now.  The most depressing part is after they charge Christmas at us like the running of the bulls at Pamplona, they strategically withdraw it about two weeks before Christmas to make way for the Valentine's day merchandise. It's depressing to see all the Christmas merchandise carelessly flung on a "half off clearance" table when Christmas is still somewhat far off. When I was young we really didn't even start any Christmas activities until just about two weeks before. Now they've shoved Valentine's Day (a fake holiday at that!) at us half way through December!

It’s sad seeing it go! Along with all the lights and other decorations people take down.

Written By: Ripley on 09/08/21 at 1:59 pm

Started working on my yard sale. Didn't have one last year so hopefully this one will be GOOD!

Cat

I hope it goes well and is not too hot outside.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/08/21 at 2:16 pm

It’s sad seeing it go! Along with all the lights and other decorations people take down.

Well, people generally don't take down the lights until after Christmas, but this trend in recent years (actually not so recent anymore) of all white lights instead of festive colors is very drab.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/21 at 3:23 pm

Cat

Good Luck with the yard sale.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/21 at 5:29 pm

I hope it goes well and is not too hot outside.

Thanks but I'm worried about the opposite-that it will be too cold. It will only be about 70 or so. Not too bad but sitting out in it all day, we shall see.

Good Luck with the yard sale.

Thanks.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/08/21 at 6:29 pm

This is from the Summer. It is a sparser issue from July. Forgot to share it with you all. Doesn't it look great!? Yay!

https://i.ibb.co/w40VXNv/IMG-20210908-191230-472.webp

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/08/21 at 6:40 pm

Thanks but I'm worried about the opposite-that it will be too cold. It will only be about 70 or so. Not too bad but sitting out in it all day, we shall see.

I love yard sales. What type of items will you be selling?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/08/21 at 6:50 pm

This is from the Summer. It is a sparser issue from July. Forgot to share it with you all. Doesn't it look great!? Yay!

Are you the poster child for flat abs? What's your secret? I'm curious about those "useless moves to skip". Exercise is a pain in the butt, but I know how necessary it is.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/08/21 at 7:00 pm

Are you the poster child for flat abs? What's your secret? I'm curious about those "useless moves to skip". Exercise is a pain in the butt, but I know how necessary it is.

Actually, it is a sparser issue...which means I was only on the cover. Lol! Me?...flat abs?....No. I'm curvy. I mean my abs are not bulging out! But I wouldn't say they are fit either.  ;D I have curves.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/21 at 7:36 pm

I love yard sales. What type of items will you be selling?

A whole bunch of crap stuff. A lot of collectables and antiques-dolls, stereos, jewelry, vintage games, vintage Fisher Price toys, chandeliers, vintage ice skates and a lot more crap stuff.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 09/08/21 at 9:09 pm

A whole bunch of crap stuff. A lot of collectables and antiques-dolls, stereos, jewelry, vintage games, vintage Fisher Price toys, chandeliers, vintage ice skates and a lot more crap stuff.

Cat

Good luck with the yard sale, Cat. I'm never good with yard sales. I never sell anything! Lol.

Written By: nally on 09/08/21 at 9:37 pm

Good luck with the yard sale, Cat. I'm never good with yard sales. I never sell anything! Lol.

I've never tried one. (But then again, we probably don't have enough crap stuff that's in good condition to sell.)

Written By: violet_shy on 09/08/21 at 10:28 pm

I've never tried one. (But then again, we probably don't have enough crap stuff that's in good condition to sell.)

Ya never know what it is people are looking to buy. So if you have a collection of old vacuum cleaners, or just some random stuff. People might not be looking to buy them. And when selling items, you should be charismatic. I try to be but then I end up being so serious....haha. And the customers leave. And then I wonder why I never sell anything. But at least I'm not rude...

Written By: nally on 09/08/21 at 10:43 pm

Ya never know what it is people are looking to buy. So if you have a collection of old vacuum cleaners, or just some random stuff. People might not be looking to buy them. And when selling items, you should be charismatic. I try to be but then I end up being so serious....haha. And the customers leave. And then I wonder why I never sell anything. But at least I'm not rude...

on that note...often times I see people having rummage sales in my neighborhood; sometimes when I'm taking a walk, I'll briefly stop by, just to see what the neighbors are selling. For the record I never buy anything from there, although sometimes I have sorta thought about it.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/21 at 5:04 am

I like it, never knew you were on the cover of a fashion magazine. ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/09/21 at 8:48 am

I like it, never knew you were on the cover of a fashion magazine. ;D

Oh, Howard. I can tell by the laughing emoji that you know she isn't really on the cover of a fashion magazine.;D It was done with a photoshop program called PhotoMania. (see lower right hand corner of the image). You'll also notice a number of typos that never would have been on an actual magazine cover. Also that there is no issue number, date, etc. Not even "Summer 2021".  There's no bar code and no price. Jess likely did this for her portfolio. You should do one! Men have been featured on the cover of Allure, so it wouldn't be too far fetched. Or you could put yourself on the cover of People as "sexiest man of the year". Here's the website:

https://photomania.net/

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/21 at 12:36 pm

My granddaughter once put together a faux magazine cover. It was quite good.

Actually, faux magazine covers are not hard to do. I could whip one up within about a half hour.

Anyone remember when Q (snozberries) had that cover done with her on it? That was pretty cool because it had her reading a magazine where she was on the cover on that magazine.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/09/21 at 12:47 pm

My granddaughter once put together a faux magazine cover. It was quite good.

Actually, faux magazine covers are not hard to do. I could whip one up within about a half hour.

Anyone remember when Q (snozberries) had that cover done with her on it? That was pretty cool because it had her reading a magazine where she was on the cover on that magazine.

Cat

I love those "self-referential" type of things. In the "Curious George" books, Curious George would be reading a book about Curious George.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/21 at 1:32 pm

I love those "self-referential" type of things. In the "Curious George" books, Curious George would be reading a book about Curious George.  ;D

I sort of have one with 2 of my grandkids. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=50864.0  (Yeah, a bit of a shameless plug.  :D ;D ;D )

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/09/21 at 1:38 pm

My birthday was a peaceful day spent with a friend visiting me, proper birthday celebrations will be at the weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/09/21 at 1:38 pm

For posting a magazine cover,
Acclaiming to be a real issue,
Keep the humour with a grin face,
Especially when it's untrue.

;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/09/21 at 1:49 pm

For posting a magazine cover,
Acclaiming to be a real issue,
Keep the humour with a grin face,
Especially when it's untrue.

;D

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/21 at 4:10 pm

So, I originally planned to have my annual yard sale NEXT weekend. However, the weather report kept saying that it was supposed to rain but this weekend looked nice-so I opted to have it THIS weekend. I started working on it on Monday and was busting my butt trying to get everything ready. I kept thinking that one more day would really help. Yesterday, I finally got the ads up but then I looked at the weather report. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. NOOOOOOO! But, surprise, surprise, next weekend looks good. OY VEY!!! So, about 2 hours ago, I decided NOT to have it this weekend but next weekend-like I originally had planned. So, I either deleted my ads or just changed the dates on the ads. So, now I have a full week to work on it. The only bad part is that all this crap stuff is in the living room & dining room. Got to live with it for another week.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/09/21 at 10:07 pm

My birthday was a peaceful day spent with a friend visiting me, proper birthday celebrations will be at the weekend.

Glad to hear it was a nice day. O0

Written By: Howard on 09/10/21 at 4:45 am

Oh, Howard. I can tell by the laughing emoji that you know she isn't really on the cover of a fashion magazine.;D It was done with a photoshop program called PhotoMania. (see lower right hand corner of the image). You'll also notice a number of typos that never would have been on an actual magazine cover. Also that there is no issue number, date, etc. Not even "Summer 2021".  There's no bar code and no price. Jess likely did this for her portfolio. You should do one! Men have been featured on the cover of Allure, so it wouldn't be too far fetched. Or you could put yourself on the cover of People as "sexiest man of the year". Here's the website:

https://photomania.net/

I know that, anyone can photograph themselves onto a magazine, it's pretty easy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/21 at 1:42 pm

So, this morning I was sitting in the living room reading the Washington Post on my tablet (like I do every morning). At 8:46 I heard 3 blasts from a fire truck at the fire house that is around the corner from us. (I can see the top of the building from where I am sitting right now-in our old house, the fire house was literally in our backyard.) I knew what it was right away and was expecting to hear more. Sure enough. It went off at 9:03, 9:37, and finally at 10:03.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Elor on 09/11/21 at 2:05 pm

So, this morning I was sitting in the living room reading the Washington Post on my tablet (like I do every morning). At 8:46 I heard 3 blasts from a fire truck at the fire house that is around the corner from us. (I can see the top of the building from where I am sitting right now-in our old house, the fire house was literally in our backyard.) I knew what it was right away and was expecting to hear more. Sure enough. It went off at 9:03, 9:37, and finally at 10:03.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Are those professional firefighters or volunteers?
If it's volunteers those alarms don't necessarily mean disaster. It's Saturday and here in Germany they sometimes have drills on the weekends.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/21 at 2:20 pm

Are those professional firefighters or volunteers?
If it's volunteers those alarms don't necessarily mean disaster. It's Saturday and here in Germany they sometimes have drills on the weekends.

They are volunteers but those blasts were commemorating 20 years ago.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Elor on 09/11/21 at 3:21 pm

They are volunteers but those blasts were commemorating 20 years ago.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Ah, I see.  :-[

Written By: karen on 09/12/21 at 3:52 pm

Yesterday was my dads birthday so I went to see him in the morning.

After lunch we drove to South Wales. Dai and James did some work in the garden and I cleared out all the junk mail that had arrived for Dai’s mum.

Today we called at the hospital to drop off some magazines and books for Dai’s mum. She also asked if we could bring her cosmetics bag. Afterwards we drove up into the hills to go orienteering.

Today is also our wedding anniversary. We have been married for 29 years

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/12/21 at 3:56 pm

After lunch we drove to South Wales. Dai and James did some work in the garden and I cleared out all the junk mail that had arrived for Dai’s mum.

Today we called at the hospital to drop off some magazines and books for Dai’s mum. She also asked if we could bring her cosmetics bag. Afterwards we drove up into the hills to go orienteering.

Happy Anniversary, Karen!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/21 at 4:23 pm

Happy Anniversary.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/12/21 at 7:55 pm

Happy anniversary to you!!

Written By: Howard on 09/13/21 at 4:43 am

Happy Anniversary. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/21 at 3:04 pm

Happy anniversary!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/21 at 3:05 pm

The weekend was spent as a birthday celebratory weekend, visiting near by towns to London.

Written By: nally on 09/13/21 at 10:48 pm

The weekend was spent as a birthday celebratory weekend, visiting near by towns to London.

That's good. I hope you had a nice time. O0

Written By: nally on 09/13/21 at 10:49 pm

As for me, 'twas a busy day at work. Mondays typically are. Especially since the middle of the month is coming up this week.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/15/21 at 2:18 pm

So I'm planning to have a great day tomorrow on my birthday! My mother wants me to help her make one of my favorite dishes. It's pretty much chicken in a flavorful sauce, and jasmine rice on the side. But there's a lot more we add to it: condiments, spices, vegetables. It should be really good!

I really just want to have a simple day with family and friends. Gifts, and good food. Nothing fancy. I'm happy with just that!  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/15/21 at 2:42 pm

So I'm planning to have a great day tomorrow on my birthday! My mother wants me to help her make one of my favorite dishes. It's pretty much chicken in a flavorful sauce, and jasmine rice on the side. But there's a lot more we add to it: condiments, spices, vegetables. It should be really good!

I really just want to have a simple day with family and friends. Gifts, and good food. Nothing fancy. I'm happy with just that!  :)

It's Jess's Birthday! It's Jess's birthday!
She eats her favorite all day, chicken and rice
She gets gifts by the bagful
And she's sure to never ask the price!
:-*

Written By: violet_shy on 09/15/21 at 2:53 pm

It's Jess's Birthday! It's Jess's birthday!
She eats her favorite all day, chicken and rice
She gets gifts by the bagful
And she's sure to never ask the price!
:-*

Lol. I'll see if I can post some photos too. I never post any birthday photos so I should probably do that.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/15/21 at 3:33 pm

Happy Birthday Jess, hope you have a good one. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 09/15/21 at 4:17 pm

Happy Birthday Jess, hope you have a good one. :)

Thank you Howard! It's tomorrow.  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 09/16/21 at 8:04 am

Good morning inthe00s!

Today's the day! I am now 41. That's well into my 40s, and I couldn't be any happier! It is raining today, but that won't stop me from enjoying my day. It's still morning, so I have the entire day ahead! I hope everyone has a wonderful, beautiful blessed day.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/21 at 1:46 pm

So it is getting down there. The sale that I had planned for last week will happen tomorrow & Saturday. Carlos just put up the signs. I got the porch pretty much set up but the major set up will happen EARLY tomorrow morning. It never fails, I am out there in the wee hours of the morning setting up and SOMEBODY will come by and want to start looking. One time this guy was following me around talking to me as I was trying to set up and then he said something about hating when people disrupt you as you were setting up. HELLO??!!! Some people just don't get it.

I will be glad when this is all over and done and hoping I will have a lot less crap stuff to bring back in.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/16/21 at 11:38 pm

Good morning inthe00s!

Today's the day! I am now 41. That's well into my 40s, and I couldn't be any happier! It is raining today, but that won't stop me from enjoying my day. It's still morning, so I have the entire day ahead! I hope everyone has a wonderful, beautiful blessed day.  :)

Once again, happy birthday to you!! I hope you had a pleasant day. :)

I had a good day myself, at work. I am enjoying my job, and since I became full time in the spring I've been getting accustomed to my new duties, which I'm picking up very well. Plus the working environment is pleasurable, as are the people who work in it.

Written By: Howard on 09/17/21 at 4:55 am

Good morning inthe00s!

What did you do for cake?  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 09/17/21 at 6:35 am

Once again, happy birthday to you!! I hope you had a pleasant day. :)

I had a good day myself, at work. I am enjoying my job, and since I became full time in the spring I've been getting accustomed to my new duties, which I'm picking up very well. Plus the working environment is pleasurable, as are the people who work in it.

I'm so happy for you!  :)

What did you do for cake?  :)

I posted a photo of the cake on my birthday thread. It wasn't very big since I can't have too much sweets. My sister decided a smaller cake would be best.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/21 at 2:47 pm

Last night after getting out of the tub, we turned on the local news like we always do. We like watching it from our "smart t.v." because we don't have to watch segments that we are not interested in-can skip over or replay something. Last night I didn't bother to put on my glasses-which I will do about half the time. They started doing a segment about a hospital that is up north from here. I thought to myself that that is the hospital that my step-daughter works at. They started interviewing a nurse and I was thinking that without my glasses, she looked a lot my like step-daughter. Then it hit me, it WAS my step-daughter. I pointed her out to Carlos. He wasn't really paying attention and asked, "Who is that?" I said, "Your daughter!" OH WOW!  We backed up the segment and watched it again. And I put on my glasses!

Now, I have to see if there is a way that I can get a copy of that segment.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/21/21 at 3:47 pm

Well, people generally don't take down the lights until after Christmas, but this trend in recent years (actually not so recent anymore) of all white lights instead of festive colors is very drab.

Yes I agree!

Written By: Ripley on 09/21/21 at 4:19 pm

So I had a rough week. Well lately things have been rough. But long story short, my Grandma joined my Grandpa last Monday. They’re now together resting peacefully. They were always so great to us. They helped my mom raise us girls and our cousin. I am forever grateful for all that they have done for us. ❤️

Written By: violet_shy on 09/21/21 at 4:21 pm

So I had a rough week. Well lately things have been rough. But long story short, my Grandma joined my Grandpa last Monday. They’re now together resting peacefully. They were always so great to us. They helped my mom raise us girls and our cousin. I am forever grateful for all that they have done for us. ❤️

Hi Ripley

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. But things do get better. It's nice to see you posting.

Written By: Ripley on 09/21/21 at 4:24 pm

Hi Ripley

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. But things do get better. It's nice to see you posting.

Thanks Jessica!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/21 at 4:46 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 09/21/21 at 4:59 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Hugssss

Written By: nally on 09/21/21 at 7:57 pm

So I had a rough week. Well lately things have been rough. But long story short, my Grandma joined my Grandpa last Monday. They’re now together resting peacefully. They were always so great to us. They helped my mom raise us girls and our cousin. I am forever grateful for all that they have done for us.

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 09/22/21 at 4:09 am

Sorry for your loss. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/21 at 6:13 am

Sorry to hear this news, my thoughts are with you.

Written By: Ripley on 09/22/21 at 10:40 am

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. :\'(

Thank you Jeff

Written By: Ripley on 09/22/21 at 10:40 am

Sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you Howard

Written By: Ripley on 09/22/21 at 10:41 am

Sorry to hear this news, my thoughts are with you.

Thank you Philip

Written By: Ripley on 09/22/21 at 10:43 am

I’m back to work after taking the last 9 days off. So tiring, especially when I’m the only one in my department this morning.  :-\\

Written By: violet_shy on 09/22/21 at 4:42 pm

Happy first day of Autumn, everyone!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/21 at 5:00 pm

...and the weather here is getting hotter?

Written By: nally on 09/22/21 at 7:57 pm

'Twas warm where my office is, that's for sure.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/22/21 at 10:15 pm

'Twas warm where my office is, that's for sure.

It was hot and humid this first day of Autumn.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/22/21 at 10:22 pm

It was hot and humid this first day of Autumn.

I think you might be getting the cold front soon that we got yesterday in Chicagoland...

Written By: Howard on 09/23/21 at 4:49 am

It should get cooler by next week, after that I can close off the air conditioner.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/21 at 4:50 am

I think you might be getting the cold front soon that we got yesterday in Chicagoland...

We're getting ours by next week.

Written By: nally on 09/23/21 at 11:25 pm

Meanwhile, in Californialand, it's still on the warm side, although we did get a little bit o' wind today.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/26/21 at 11:45 am

Meanwhile, in Californialand, it's still on the warm side, although we did get a little bit o' wind today.

We have a chilly breeze today. I'm wearing a sweater-like blouse so I won't feel the chilliness. I'm glad it's Autumn closer to the holidays!

Written By: Howard on 09/26/21 at 1:37 pm

We have a chilly breeze today. I'm wearing a sweater-like blouse so I won't feel the chilliness. I'm glad it's Autumn closer to the holidays!

It will definitely feel chilly by next week here in New York.

Written By: karen on 09/26/21 at 2:49 pm

I drove down to South Wales on Friday evening to see my mother in law. She came out of hospital on Tuesday having been there since early July.

She has some carers visiting to help her with her personal care and also a physiotherapist comes twice a week to help her recovery. At the moment she is living on one floor of her home but hopefully she will soon be able to climb the stairs without help. This care will carry on for about six weeks, and then she will be reassessed to see if she needs continued support.

She seems to be managing ok at the moment, and hopefully she will continue to improve.

Written By: nally on 09/26/21 at 3:03 pm

On a similar note, it's been chilly in the mornings here lately, all foggy and grey and gloomy. But the sun does tend to come out around midday. (So far, we have yet to see sunshine today.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/21 at 3:18 pm

I drove down to South Wales on Friday evening to see my mother in law. She came out of hospital on Tuesday having been there since early July.

She has some carers visiting to help her with her personal care and also a physiotherapist comes twice a week to help her recovery. At the moment she is living on one floor of her home but hopefully she will soon be able to climb the stairs without help. This care will carry on for about six weeks, and then she will be reassessed to see if she needs continued support.

She seems to be managing ok at the moment, and hopefully she will continue to improve.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/29/21 at 11:27 pm

This has been a busy week for me at work; it is getting near the end of the fiscal year and there's lots of goings-on. So each day has been busy in one way or another. And now that I'm full time, I've been getting a better understanding of what all needs to get done.

Written By: nally on 09/30/21 at 11:07 pm

This has been a busy week for me at work; it is getting near the end of the fiscal year and there's lots of goings-on. So each day has been busy in one way or another. And now that I'm full time, I've been getting a better understanding of what all needs to get done.

And today I was busier than I had been on this day in years past (or on the final weekday of September). I managed to get done all the work I needed to do.

And when I got home, I cooled off by taking a 25-minute swim in the pool.

Check for new replies or respond here...