inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: November 2021 is here...how are you going to spend this month?

Written By: nally on 11/01/21 at 12:45 am

Title says it all. Here is your monthly thread!!

White rabbits!

Subject: Re: November 2021 is here...how are you going to spend this month?

Written By: Howard on 11/01/21 at 4:11 am

Wow, I can't believe it's already November, one month to go till the year is over.  :o

Written By: violet_shy on 11/01/21 at 9:06 am

Happy first of November everyone!!

White rabbits, white rabbits!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/21 at 3:23 pm

Last night I was handing out candy and went out on my porch. My next door neighbor was standing in the driveway, also handing out candy. (Our driveways are right next to each other so it looks like it could be one big driveway.) We started talking. He was commenting how there were a lot of people across the street but they didn't come across. I have known that since we moved here 7 years ago. They don't like to cross our street and I really don't blame them. It is the major throughway and a truck route so the traffic can be pretty heavy at times. So, I stayed out there talking to him. It was fairly warm (about 60 or so) but I wasn't wearing any shoes. lol. I don't feel the cold feet as much as I feel the cold shoulders and arms so it didn't bother me. (My shoulders and arms were covered so I was fine.) Naturally we had to exchange candy.  :D ;D ;D  I had Hershey bars and he had Kitkats & Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. It probably would have been better if our solar light came on. It had been pretty overcast that past couple of days so the light didn't have any juice.

He ran out of candy before I did so we said good night. After I went in, we didn't have too many after that. I bought 5 bags and only opened 3-with some going to neighbor, Carlos, & myself. We still have 2 full bags left. That means that Carlos & I are going to have the chore of finishing off those bags. It is a rough job but SOMEBODY has to do it.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/01/21 at 4:13 pm

I was super busy today! Running errands and doing some much needed shopping.

In other news of me, I think my asthma has been better...I will try to sing tonight. I really want to get back to my music and singing. Its EVERYTHING to me. But I don't have a cough, or hoarseness or a raspy voice....I think I'm ok now! Of course I won't know for sure until tonight. I originally wanted to sing one of my own songs, but decided to sing a classic instead: "Manic Monday" by The Bangles. I am definitely rusty, so I need to warm up my vocals. Either a nice soprano like Mariah Carey, or something a little more one dimensional like Selena. Just to warm up! I just hope I don't start coughing in the middle of the song like an idiot... ::)

Written By: nally on 11/01/21 at 10:07 pm

Wow, I can't believe it's already November, one month to go till the year is over.  :o

That's right, one month after this one! It'll be here before ya know it.

Written By: nally on 11/01/21 at 10:11 pm

Anyways, my parents are going on a week-long vacation trip to Hawaii; they are leaving early tomorrow morning! (Their flight leaves early, so they have to be up at 4am Pacific time. So they are preparing to go to bed right now.)

This is sort of a belated 45th anniversary celebration for them (their anniversary was Sunday of last week), plus an early celebration for my mom for her 70th birthday, which is later this month. (After they get back, we intend to have some sort of celebration here on the actual day - the 21st, which falls on a Sunday.) I could not come with them, since I have not accrued enough paid vacation time, plus I need to take care of things at home. However, when I eventually do accrue enough paid time off, I would like to go to Hawaii!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 2:47 am

Finally got to be online.

Is it too late for White Rabbit?

Written By: violet_shy on 11/02/21 at 3:49 am

Finally got to be online.

Is it too late for White Rabbit?

It's never too late for white rabbit! Just grab one and head on down to the pookie!

Written By: Howard on 11/02/21 at 4:10 am

That's right, one month after this one! It'll be here before ya know it.

This year went fast.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 9:03 am

It's never too late for white rabbit! Just grab one and head on down to the pookie!
What is a pookie?

Written By: violet_shy on 11/02/21 at 9:32 am

What is a pookie?

I was so drowsy when I typed that lol. I felt tipsy  ;D. I went to sleep straight after. Your guess is as good as mine! Lol!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/02/21 at 9:55 am

I was so drowsy when I typed that lol. I felt tipsy ;D. I went to sleep straight after. Your guess is as good as mine! Lol!

You were nipping at the booze?  :o

Written By: violet_shy on 11/02/21 at 10:15 am

You were nipping at the booze?  :o

Yes a little! I was celebrating because I could sing again. I only had a bit of jungle juice. But I'm not a drinker usually.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 10:21 am

I was so drowsy when I typed that lol. I felt tipsy  ;D. I went to sleep straight after. Your guess is as good as mine! Lol!
Never drink and type...

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/02/21 at 10:37 am

Never drink and type...

Correct! A person could end up married that way...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 10:38 am

...or spend thousands on online shopping (and it has happened)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/02/21 at 1:51 pm

Singing was a success! Super happy that my asthma has been better. I celebrated with some friends and our jungle juice(it is only fruit punch mixed with rum) which made me a bit tipsy lol. I usually do not drink, only less than sometimes on special occasions. But I went all out yesterday and lived a little.

Back to work on my music!  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/02/21 at 2:01 pm

Singing was a success! Super happy that my asthma has been better. I celebrated with some friends and our jungle juice(it is only fruit punch mixed with rum) which made me a bit tipsy lol.

ONLY fruit punch mixed with rum she says.  ;D  That's like saying carrot cake isn't fattening because it's only carrots in cake.  :D  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 11/02/21 at 2:16 pm

ONLY fruit punch mixed with rum she says.  ;D  That's like saying carrot cake isn't fattening because it's only carrots in cake.  :D  ;D

;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/21 at 2:19 pm

I had some Jungle Juice when I was in the service. This didn't just have rum in it. It also had-well, I'm not too sure. I saw them pouring several different colored bottles into it. I learned why they called it Jungle Juice-it made you want to SWING FROM THE TREES. Well, I didn't really swing from the trees but I was close. Somewhere out there was a blackmail video tape of me but I am very grateful that no one uses video tape anymore so I hope that was destroyed somewhere along the way.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/21 at 2:22 pm

My arm is sore because I had a blood test (that I didn't study for) and my flu shot. I could have gotten a Covid booster but I opted to wait because they only had Moderna & J&J and I prefer Pfizer because that is what I got the first time around.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 2:25 pm

My arm is sore because I had a blood test (that I didn't study for) and my flu shot. I could have gotten a Covid booster but I opted to wait because they only had Moderna & J&J and I prefer Pfizer because that is what I got the first time around.

Cat
I have been always advised to take a painkiller, that should help the pain in your arm.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/21 at 2:26 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/halloween/grin.gif

Written By: nally on 11/02/21 at 11:21 pm

Anyways, my parents are going on a week-long vacation trip to Hawaii; they are leaving early tomorrow morning! (Their flight leaves early, so they have to be up at 4am Pacific time. So they are preparing to go to bed right now.)

This is sort of a belated 45th anniversary celebration for them (their anniversary was Sunday of last week), plus an early celebration for my mom for her 70th birthday, which is later this month. (After they get back, we intend to have some sort of celebration here on the actual day - the 21st, which falls on a Sunday.) I could not come with them, since I have not accrued enough paid vacation time, plus I need to take care of things at home. However, when I eventually do accrue enough paid time off, I would like to go to Hawaii!

Update: they landed safely in Hawaii this afternoon, picked up a rental car, and then drove to the place where they'll be staying.

My mom even called me from there about half an hour ago. Right now they're feeling tired (since they had to be up early this morning, and their internal clocks are still on Pacific time). They look forward to having a good time. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/03/21 at 4:14 am

I'm trying to figure that out myself.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/21 at 4:14 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/03/21 at 4:15 am

Singing was a success! Super happy that my asthma has been better. I celebrated with some friends and our jungle juice(it is only fruit punch mixed with rum) which made me a bit tipsy lol. I usually do not drink, only less than sometimes on special occasions. But I went all out yesterday and lived a little.

Wonderful. :)

Written By: nally on 11/03/21 at 11:00 pm

I am so glad you are able to sing again!! :) 8) :-*

Written By: violet_shy on 11/04/21 at 6:24 am

I am so glad you are able to sing again!! :) 8) :-*

Omg, ME TOO! It was beginning to make me feel depressed, so I cheered myself up. Then a miracle happened. I stopped coughing so much which allowed my voice to heal. I sound great now! I'm guessing my asthma comes and goes...so I will be ready for it next time if there even is a next time, and I will take a break.  :)

Written By: karen on 11/04/21 at 12:44 pm

I am going to see some sort of Bee Gees tribute thing (or possibly a juke box musical) with my dad this evening.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/21 at 1:56 pm

I am going to see some sort of Bee Gees tribute thing (or possibly a juke box musical) with my dad this evening.

Cool. I saw a Beatles tribute-1964 (a couple of times). They were good.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/04/21 at 6:12 pm

It was called You Win Again and was a Bee Gees tribute act. There was a sort of compère explaining a little of their history and introducing some of the songs. They also sang some songs they had written for other people such as Chain Reaction.

My dad bought tickets for the show that should have been last April and had been postponed till now. He was originally going with his friend, but she won’t go anywhere out in public now. Dad called to see if Dai and I wanted the tickets, but I suggested going with my dad. He had a great time. We both got up to have a little boogie.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/21 at 6:41 pm

It was called You Win Again and was a Bee Gees tribute act. There was a sort of compère explaining a little of their history and introducing some of the songs. They also sang some songs they had written for other people such as Chain Reaction.

My dad bought tickets for the show that should have been last April and had been postponed till now. He was originally going with his friend, but she won’t go anywhere out in public now. Dad called to see if Dai and I wanted the tickets, but I suggested going with my dad. He had a great time. We both got up to have a little boogie.

Sounds like fun.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/04/21 at 7:59 pm

Omg, ME TOO! It was beginning to make me feel depressed, so I cheered myself up. Then a miracle happened. I stopped coughing so much which allowed my voice to heal. I sound great now! I'm guessing my asthma comes and goes...so I will be ready for it next time if there even is a next time, and I will take a break.  :)

Great! O0

Written By: Ripley on 11/05/21 at 10:21 am

Cold, in the 40’s. I enjoy upper 50’s, 60’s and low 70’s. But I’m only going to the car then in the house, so no complaints here.

Work is a nightmare, I won’t get into it. But lately I’ve been thinking more seriously about a career. Writing and graphic design (like webpages etc.). Those are things I enjoy and they don’t necessarily require a degree. I’m not interested in college (especially not in person). Early next year I’m going to TRY to get something going. There are other jobs similar to mine but I don’t want to be stuck in retail/customer service jobs. Anyway, it’s just something I’ve been thinking about.

This month my plans are to go over to my brother-in-law’s mom’s house for Thanksgiving. It will just be a few of us. I will get to meet my sister’s new dog too. Also, I’m probably going to go see the new Resident Evil movie.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/21 at 1:53 pm

So after some trial & error, the van's new tire is back on and full. But this morning, my cleaning lady noticed some dripping coming from our bay window. Carlos check it out and it apparently coming from the roof. OY VEY!!! The bay window has it's own little roof. Called the roofers and left a message.

You get one thing fixed and another thing goes wrong.

OY VEY!!!

Like I always say, "Well Jane, it just goes to show you. It's always somethin'".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG_YDwXh5pI

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/05/21 at 3:30 pm

Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Dai and I did our traditional thing of buying some chips (I also had a sausage and Dai had a steak pie) and then going to a hill on the edge of town to watch the fireworks and eat the food.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/05/21 at 5:31 pm

So much good food!

It's too bad I'm on this stupid diet!

What happened to all the emoji's? They all look the same.

Written By: karen on 11/05/21 at 5:37 pm

So much good food!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=59096.0

Written By: violet_shy on 11/05/21 at 5:39 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=59096.0

Oh ok. Thanks!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/05/21 at 6:04 pm

Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Dai and I did our traditional thing of buying some chips (I also had a sausage and Dai had a steak pie) and then going to a hill on the edge of town to watch the fireworks and eat the food.

Listen to the last line and the explosion.

John Lennon
"Remember"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgnRDBp3JPA

Written By: nally on 11/05/21 at 8:14 pm

Cold, in the 40’s. I enjoy upper 50’s, 60’s and low 70’s. But I’m only going to the car then in the house, so no complaints here.

Work is a nightmare, I won’t get into it. But lately I’ve been thinking more seriously about a career. Writing and graphic design (like webpages etc.). Those are things I enjoy and they don’t necessarily require a degree. I’m not interested in college (especially not in person). Early next year I’m going to TRY to get something going. There are other jobs similar to mine but I don’t want to be stuck in retail/customer service jobs. Anyway, it’s just something I’ve been thinking about.

Great! Glad to see you around again. :)

This month my plans are to go over to my brother-in-law’s mom’s house for Thanksgiving. It will just be a few of us. I will get to meet my sister’s new dog too. Also, I’m probably going to go see the new Resident Evil movie.

Good for you! My plans for Thanksgiving this year are going to be different than most of those in previous years. A distant relative of my mom's, who lives in Paso Robles, has invited us to his place for said holiday. This will be great because we'll get to have it with other people. (And in recent years we haven't had that pleasure, due to most of our immediate relatives being either deceased or not in the mood to come.)

Written By: karen on 11/06/21 at 3:01 am

We stayed a couple of days in Paso Robles. I remember a nice little town

Written By: Contigo on 11/06/21 at 3:08 am

That's really nice. Sure seems like a wonderful experience, the Bee Gees did so many great songs.
Cool. I saw a Beatles tribute-1964 (a couple of times). They were good.

Cat

Another show that seems wonderful. 

Written By: Howard on 11/06/21 at 7:36 am

So much good food!

Guy Fawkes Day

Written By: karen on 11/06/21 at 12:00 pm

That's really nice. Sure seems like a wonderful experience, the Bee Gees did so many great songs

It was really good. There was only a couple of songs that I didn’t know most of the words to

Written By: karen on 11/06/21 at 12:03 pm

Just got back from an afternoon Morris dancing with several local sides. It was a joint venture, an 11th birthday/anniversary for the organising side and fund raising for BBC Children in Need.

Currently enjoying a cup of tea while I clean my face paint off.

This morning I also did Parkrun (5 kilometres). Tomorrow Dai and I are going to an orienteering event

Written By: violet_shy on 11/06/21 at 12:10 pm

Just got back from an afternoon Morris dancing with several local sides. It was a joint venture, an 11th birthday/anniversary for the organising side and fund raising for BBC Children in Need.

This morning I also did Parkrun (5 kilometres). Tomorrow Dai and I are going to an orienteering event

That sounds nice. It's always so meaningful to help or participate during charity events and fund raisers. Enjoy your tea! :-)

Written By: nally on 11/06/21 at 2:41 pm

Good for you, helping out with an event like that. O0

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/21 at 2:42 pm

Good for you! My plans for Thanksgiving this year are going to be different than most of those in previous years. A distant relative of my mom's, who lives in Paso Robles, has invited us to his place for said holiday. This will be great because we'll get to have it with other people. (And in recent years we haven't had that pleasure, due to most of our immediate relatives being either deceased or not in the mood to come.)

I hope you’ll have a good time with plenty of yummy food!

Written By: nally on 11/06/21 at 2:55 pm

I hope you’ll have a good time with plenty of yummy food!

We shall see! I'm looking forward to it. O0

I just know that on Wednesday the 24th, I'm gonna need to work half a day, so that I can go home and my family & I can prepare to travel up there. It's about 170 miles north of where we live, via U.S. Highway 101.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/06/21 at 8:52 pm

I just know that on Wednesday the 24th, I'm gonna need to work half a day, so that I can go home and my family & I can prepare to travel up there. It's about 170 miles north of where we live, via U.S. Highway 101.

That's exciting, Jeffrey! I'm excited for you. I feel like I'm the one going there  :D

I'm staying home for Thanksgiving. And have my family visit us. I know I told you in my PM last night that we were undecided whether or not to have our Thanksgiving meal cooked at home or have it cooked somewhere else. We decided to cook it ourselves at home. It's much more traditional which I adore! So yes, it should nice.

Written By: Ripley on 11/07/21 at 8:52 am

How many days will you be staying with family?

Written By: nally on 11/07/21 at 10:41 am

How many days will you be staying with family?

We're gonna go up there on Wednesday afternoon (after I get home from work at 12:whatever), stay there on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, and come home on Saturday.

Written By: nally on 11/07/21 at 10:41 am

That's exciting, Jeffrey! I'm excited for you. I feel like I'm the one going there  :D

I'm staying home for Thanksgiving. And have my family visit us. I know I told you in my PM last night that we were undecided whether or not to have our Thanksgiving meal cooked at home or have it cooked somewhere else. We decided to cook it ourselves at home. It's much more traditional which I adore! So yes, it should nice.

Yes, I remember. I hope it turns out well. :)

Written By: Contigo on 11/07/21 at 2:50 pm

Today I toook my wife out for her birthday lunch , later on we went for a walk in the park and walked all around the lake. Tonight a couple of people will be dropping by for a small gathering, including our son and his girlfriend .

Written By: Ripley on 11/07/21 at 3:00 pm

We're gonna go up there on Wednesday afternoon (after I get home from work at 12:whatever), stay there on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, and come home on Saturday.

Cool. I know it’s not super far from home but still have a safe trip!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/21 at 3:05 pm

Today I toook my wife out for her birthday lunch , later on we went for a walk in the park and walked all around the lake. Tonight a couple of people will be dropping by for a small gathering, including our son and his girlfriend .

Happy Birthday to your wife. Tell her that she should join this crazy great message board.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Contigo on 11/07/21 at 4:01 pm

Happy Birthday to your wife. Tell her that she should join this crazy great message board.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Thank you.
Janette and I have been married a little over 40 years and I have been celebrating birthdays with her for SIX decades (since 1979, so the 1970s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s)  :o
Old coots we are.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/21 at 4:35 pm

Thank you.
Janette and I have been married a little over 40 years and I have been celebrating birthdays with her for SIX decades (since 1979, so the 1970s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s)  :o
Old coots we are.

40 years! WOW! We have been married for 18-but this is the second marriage for both of us.

BTW, Carlos is an old coot, too.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/07/21 at 10:13 pm

Cool. I know it’s not super far from home but still have a safe trip!

Yep. Still 2 1/2 weeks away. But it'll be here before ya know it! Still, I am looking forward to it.

Speaking of trips, my parents have been having a good time on their adventure in Hawaii. My mom posted something on her FB feed not too long ago. (They will fly home on Tuesday of this week...but probably won't get home until very late in the day.)

Written By: Howard on 11/08/21 at 4:01 am

Thank you.
Old coots we are.

Congratulations to you and your wife. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/21 at 4:04 am

Thank you.
Old coots we are.
Happy anniversary!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/21 at 4:04 am

Back online after another playful weekend.

Written By: Contigo on 11/08/21 at 12:58 pm

Happy anniversary!

Congratulations to you and your wife. :)

Thank you, it was her birthday yesterday. Our Anniversary was in the summer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/21 at 1:02 pm

Thank you, it was her birthday yesterday. Our Anniversary was in the summer.
Apologies please.

Written By: Contigo on 11/08/21 at 1:04 pm

Apologies please.

No problem at all, I do appreciate your good wishes and good intent.  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/08/21 at 2:31 pm

Happy birthday to her!  :)

Written By: nally on 11/08/21 at 11:36 pm

No problem at all, I do appreciate your good wishes and good intent.  :)

Happy belated birthday to her. O0

Written By: nally on 11/09/21 at 10:32 pm

So, my parents are going to return home later tonight from their week-long Hawaii trip. Mom texted me this afternoon to tell me they were at the airport (this was 6 hours ago). So right now they're probably still somewhere over the Pacific.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/10/21 at 8:59 pm

I can't stop laughing. Watching silly videos on YouTube. They're so funny, and all these stupid things ;D ;D

Having some water crackers with Tzatziki dip...it is very good.

Ok people carry on!

Written By: karen on 11/11/21 at 3:22 pm

Remembrance Day service at school. We all stood in the quad, sang a hymn, the chaplain spoke and the headmistress laid a wreath at the tree planted in memory of an old girl killed in action in Iraq.

Then this evening Dai and I walked into the town centre to look around the annual street fair. We went on the dodgems and then the carousel.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/11/21 at 7:07 pm

Gave food to a homeless lady today. She wasn't panhandling or anything. I was waiting for the bus and she was sitting on the ground asking me if she could have some food. :-\\ So I asked her to come with me to the market. I bought her some warm food and a drink. She thanked me many times!

It was one of those days.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/21 at 3:56 am

Gave food to a homeless lady today. She wasn't panhandling or anything. I was waiting for the bus and she was sitting on the ground asking me if she could have some food. :-\\ So I asked her to come with me to the market. I bought her some warm food and a drink. She thanked me many times!

That's wonderful. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/12/21 at 9:20 am

Fasting today. Then later I will have something light to eat.

A new song is in the works. It will be a Dance/Pop/Electronic song... Beautiful.

It is raining today.

Written By: nally on 11/12/21 at 11:27 pm

Aw...what a kind thing to do! :)

Written By: nally on 11/12/21 at 11:28 pm

Fasting today. Then later I will have something light to eat.

A new song is in the works. It will be a Dance/Pop/Electronic song... Beautiful.

It is raining today.

No rain here...just plenty of heat. :P Abnormal for November, I know...but it was still pleasant.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/21 at 1:32 pm

Got an email yesterday from Carlos' youngest daughter who told us that she will be coming for an overnight visit tonight with her significant other. This morning, I got fresh sheets on the bed in the spare bedroom and since it will only be the four of us for dinner, we took out 3 of the leaves of table. WOW-does it look small. By the time we get use to it being that small, we are going to have to put all 6 leaves in for Christmas. I love having a table that I can make big or small depending on the amount of guests we have.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/13/21 at 1:58 pm

Got an email yesterday from Carlos' youngest daughter who told us that she will be coming for an overnight visit tonight with her significant other. This morning, I got fresh sheets on the bed in the spare bedroom and since it will only be the four of us for dinner, we took out 3 of the leaves of table. WOW-does it look small. By the time we get use to it being that small, we are going to have to put all 6 leaves in for Christmas. I love having a table that I can make big or small depending on the amount of guests we have.

Cat

I'm not quite sure I get this math of this. When it's just the two of you you have more leaves in the table than when it is four of you?  You're making the table smaller for more people? I think I'm missing something. ??? 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/21 at 2:26 pm

I'm not quite sure I get this math of this. When it's just the two of you you have more leaves in the table than when it is four of you?  You're making the table smaller for more people? I think I'm missing something. ???

When it is just the two of us (or 3 if Carlos' sister is here), we eat on t.v. trays in the living room. The only time we eat in the dining room when it is just the two (or 3) of us is when we have lobster-because it is a bit messy to eat on t.v. trays.

I did have the table bigger because when I was working on my yard sale, it was nice having the bigger table to work on.

The table is a beautiful antique oak table that has 7 leaves but somewhere along the line, someone refurbed it and we can only get 6 of the leaves in. But, that is ok because the 7th isn't in the best condition. Today as we were taking the leaves out, the two halves don't quite match up. I suggested to Carlos after the holidays to contact our local furniture maker to have it fixed. (He made the bookshelves in our library and fixed our futon frame a few months ago.)

We bought it at an auction for $100. Not too shabby, huh?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51677106381_a9fc2cbe86_w.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51677354198_795c27ddee_w.jpg

We bought it when we were living in our former house. One time we had the entire family and had the 6 leaves in it. Everyone had a place at the table but no one could move around it. We had the table at an angle and anyone sitting in the back had to get to it by going under the table. When we bought our house that we are living in now, it is like the table was made for the dining room.

http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50349832751_01d4704ecf_w.jpg

Yeah, I'm showing off my beautiful dining room table.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/13/21 at 5:45 pm

Today was hectic yet such a great day.

One of my accounts on my credit card was locked today. It was for security reasons, so I have to contact them tomorrow and re open the account.  ::) I don't mean to boast or anything, but I have over 5k on that account! I'm worried I won't be able to reopen it. It's never happened before so I'm not really sure. But, someone reassured me earlier that it will be reopened. *sigh* I hope so. Today was also great, I spent time with my mother. We went grocery shopping and talked for a while. We had a tornado watch. It started raining heavily. And that was about it. Lol. The weather people always exaggerate. ::) ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/13/21 at 6:09 pm

When it is just the two of us (or 3 if Carlos' sister is here), we eat on t.v. trays in the living room. The only time we eat in the dining room when it is just the two (or 3) of us is when we have lobster-because it is a bit messy to eat on t.v. trays.

I did have the table bigger because when I was working on my yard sale, it was nice having the bigger table to work on.

The table is a beautiful antique oak table that has 7 leaves but somewhere along the line, someone refurbed it and we can only get 6 of the leaves in. But, that is ok because the 7th isn't in the best condition. Today as we were taking the leaves out, the two halves don't quite match up. I suggested to Carlos after the holidays to contact our local furniture maker to have it fixed. (He made the bookshelves in our library and fixed our futon frame a few months ago.)

We bought it when we were living in our former house. One time we had the entire family and had the 6 leaves in it. Everyone had a place at the table but no one could move around it. We had the table at an angle and anyone sitting in the back had to get to it by going under the table. When we bought our house that we are living in now, it is like the table was made for the dining room.

Cat

That's a beautiful table. For $100 it was a steal!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/13/21 at 8:05 pm

Cat

I use to have a dining room table like that. But I had to sell it because I was moving to a much smaller apartment. They're lovely though, and it's nice for large gatherings on Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. I notice you have an eye for lovely furniture!

Written By: Howard on 11/14/21 at 7:14 am

Today was hectic yet such a great day.

One of my accounts on my credit card was locked today. It was for security reasons, so I have to contact them tomorrow and re open the account.  ::) I don't mean to boast or anything, but I have over 5k on that account! I'm worried I won't be able to reopen it. It's never happened before so I'm not really sure. But, someone reassured me earlier that it will be reopened. *sigh* I hope so. Today was also great, I spent time with my mother. We went grocery shopping and talked for a while. We had a tornado watch. It started raining heavily. And that was about it. Lol. The weather people always exaggerate. ::) ;D

Have you tried going to The ATM machine to take out money?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/21 at 5:51 pm

So, today I fell. Nothing was hurt except my ego. In fact, I feel like I fell fairly lightly.

Now, about 8 hour later, my foot is *&^%#$@ KILLING me. It feels like it needs to crack but it won't. I got into a hot bath hoping that would help. I have it wrapped. It is not swollen at all but it hurts like a &^&$^(@**.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/21 at 12:49 am

So, today I fell. Nothing was hurt except my ego. In fact, I feel like I fell fairly lightly.

Now, about 8 hour later, my foot is *&^%#$@ KILLING me. It feels like it needs to crack but it won't. I got into a hot bath hoping that would help. I have it wrapped. It is not swollen at all but it hurts like a &^&$^(@**.

Cat
I get aches and pains too, I do not not know what started then too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/21 at 12:50 am

Back online after another playful weekend.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/21 at 4:01 am

Cat

Hope you feel better Cat.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/15/21 at 7:58 am

Cat

Ouch!  :(  Feel better soon, Cat!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/15/21 at 12:28 pm

Cat

I hope it feels better.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/15/21 at 2:03 pm

Thanks, everyone. It does feel better. I almost forget about it until I move my foot in such a way and then it just reminds me that it is still not 100% but more like 90%. I have no idea what happened. I was afraid that I might have to have it x-rayed because last night I was having trouble walking on it but I'm glad that it didn't have to come to that.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/15/21 at 11:24 pm

Cat

Sending you well-wishes, Cat!

Thanks, everyone. It does feel better. I almost forget about it until I move my foot in such a way and then it just reminds me that it is still not 100% but more like 90%. I have no idea what happened. I was afraid that I might have to have it x-rayed because last night I was having trouble walking on it but I'm glad that it didn't have to come to that.

Cat

Glad to hear it's improving. O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/21 at 2:14 pm

I had an appointment to get my hair done today. Carlos dropped me off because I was too lazy to walk (like always). The place in maybe 3 blocks from here. Anyway, I walked in and my former hairdresser (who used to own the place but recently sold it but still works there) said that she didn't recall having me on the scheduled today. She looked in the computer and didn't see my name. Then she asked me if I had an appointment with another hairdresser. I said I did. She said that the girl (yeah, I do mean girl-she is a young pup-in fact I was her VERY first client) quit.  :o :o :o  The woman asked me if someone called me. Nope. No one called me otherwise I wouldn't have been standing there without an appointment. She couldn't get me in today because she has too many clients but she set me up for an appointment for next week and apologized. She was worried how many other people weren't called and will come in for appointments that won't happen. I tried to call Carlos but I don't think he got home yet. I decided to walk home-just as the snow started to come down (well, flurries).

I really don't blame the girl for quitting. She was commuting from about 2 hours away-ONE WAY and with winter coming...I'm just annoyed that no one called me.

At least I don't have to break in a new hairdresser. I did like the new girl but I really like the former owner who will be doing my hair next week.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/16/21 at 3:18 pm

My life is going to change tonight!....❤

3 hours to go!

Written By: Ripley on 11/16/21 at 3:54 pm

Cat

My grandparents had a table like this! We used it every holiday meal or when relatives visited from out of state. I miss the good old days. ❤️

Written By: Contigo on 11/16/21 at 4:07 pm

Cat

I am happy you are feeling better .

Written By: karen on 11/16/21 at 4:11 pm

Elizabeth’s birthday today. Hard to believe she is 23. Where did the time go?
She went out with friends at the weekend and her boyfriend is going to see her next weekend. We called her on Messenger earlier this evening.

Otherwise nothing much happening here, just work and housework

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/16/21 at 4:35 pm

She went out with friends at the weekend and her boyfriend is going to see her next weekend. We called her on Messenger earlier this evening.

Happy birthday to Elizabeth!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/21 at 5:42 pm

No. She can't be 23. She is only 11 (just like James is only 9).  ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIZABETH!!!

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/16/21 at 5:49 pm

Happy birthday to her.  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/16/21 at 7:19 pm

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth!

Written By: nally on 11/16/21 at 11:49 pm

3 hours to go!

Hmmm, I wonder why? Whatever it is, best of luck!

Written By: nally on 11/16/21 at 11:51 pm

Wow indeed! :o Time sure does fly!

Happy birthday to your daughter. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/17/21 at 4:09 am

3 hours to go!

Good Luck whatever it is. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/17/21 at 5:52 am

Good Luck whatever it is. :)

Hmmm, I wonder why? Whatever it is, best of luck!

Thanks. I am married for the next 3 weeks....and then it's over. The reason is I'm supposed to be with someone else. But he's married. I'm being guided, so I was told to get married for about 3 weeks just so I can experience it and know what it feels like to be married. We can't do third base either lol. I have to remain just as I am until December. I WAS asked to do something recently......lol! It was out if the ordinary for me.  ;D My guide said it is fine.  So I'm good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 6:08 am

Just walk miles to do my Christmas Shopping, with more to come.

Written By: Ripley on 11/17/21 at 10:11 am

Just walk miles to do my Christmas Shopping, with more to come.

My shopping is done. Unless of course I see something cute I want to add to my neices’ gifts!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 10:13 am

My shopping is done. Unless of course I see something cute I want to add to my neices’ gifts!  ;D
O0

I just finished wrapping my presents, with one more present still to buy.

Written By: Ripley on 11/17/21 at 10:20 am

O0

Oh the wrapping still needs to be done!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 10:23 am

Oh the wrapping still needs to be done!  :D
My Christmas Cards will be written and sent either at the start of December or on when I receive my first card, on which comes first. If you are not in my address book, a card is not sent.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/21 at 10:46 am

Thanks. I am married for the next 3 weeks....and then it's over. The reason is I'm supposed to be with someone else. But he's married. I'm being guided, so I was told to get married for about 3 weeks just so I can experience it and know what it feels like to be married. We can't do third base either lol. I have to remain just as I am until December. I WAS asked to do something recently......lol! It was out if the ordinary for me.  ;D My guide said it is fine.  So I'm good.

While you are doing this trial run you may want to carry an egg around with you. A plain, uncooked egg. This will prepare you for caring for children. If you can keep the egg from breaking during that time, during all your daily activities, it's great practice for caring for children. Great mental preparation! Concentrate on that egg. I saw it on a sitcom once, but I forget which one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 11:01 am

While you are doing this trial run you may want to carry an egg around with you. A plain, uncooked egg. This will prepare you for caring for children. If you can keep the egg from breaking during that time, during all your daily activities, it's great practice for caring for children. Great mental preparation! Concentrate on that egg. I saw it on a sitcom once, but I forget which one.
"Charles in Charge" ?

We’re supposed to take an ordinary egg and pretend it’s a baby

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/21 at 11:24 am

"Charles in Charge" ?

We’re supposed to take an ordinary egg and pretend it’s a baby

I don't think I ever watched "Charles In Charge", but who knows?  ??? I think this would be a very worthwhile exercise for Jess during her three week pretend and unconsummated marriage.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 11:28 am

I don't think I ever watched "Charles In Charge", but who knows?  ??? I think this would be a very worthwhile exercise for Jess during her three week pretend and unconsummated marriage.
O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 11:29 am

My Christmas Cards will be written and sent either at the start of December or on when I receive my first card, on which comes first. If you are not in my address book, a card is not sent.
...once I have found my address book

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/17/21 at 11:33 am

I'm sorry - but this sounds illegal.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/21 at 12:09 pm

I think all this has something to do with Billy Mumy. She said he asked her to do something very personal and private. I think he's her Spirit Guide or something.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/21 at 1:01 pm

There was a time when I was living with this guy. He had a friend who was from Guatemala. Apparently, the guy was on the wrong side so they kicked him out of the country and he came to the U.S. But, apparently he was on the wrong side for being here so they kicked him out of the U.S. He was basically a man without a country and went to Canada. He wanted to come back to the States so he asked the guy I was living with if I would marry him, live with him for about a year or two until he got his visa and then we could divorce. He would pay me (I can't remember how much). When my significant other told me about this proposal, my reaction? ROTFLMAO!!!! I didn't even like the dude. I told my significant other not to tell him that my reaction was laughing my head off. I wonder if he found some other poor sap to marry him.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/21 at 1:09 pm

There was a time when I was living with this guy. He had a friend who was from Guatemala. Apparently, the guy was on the wrong side so they kicked him out of the country and he came to the U.S. But, apparently he was on the wrong side for being here so they kicked him out of the U.S. He was basically a man without a country and went to Canada. He wanted to come back to the States so he asked the guy I was living with if I would marry him, live with him for about a year or two until he got his visa and then we could divorce. He would pay me (I can't remember how much). When my significant other told me about this proposal, my reaction? ROTFLMAO!!!! I didn't even like the dude. I told my significant other not to tell him that my reaction was laughing my head off. I wonder if he found some other poor sap to marry him.

Cat

This type of thing went on a lot during the Vietnam War also. Women would marry men in sham marriages so the men could avoid being drafted. If they got found out they got in trouble because it was illegal to do this. Of course a similar thing goes on now so people can become American citizens. Basically a form of human trafficking.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/21 at 1:18 pm

This type of thing went on a lot during the Vietnam War also. Women would marry men in sham marriages so the men could avoid being drafted. If they got found out they got in trouble because it was illegal to do this. Of course a similar thing goes on now so people can become American citizens. Basically a form of human trafficking.

Of course it's illegal and I know that it happens all the time. I knew that when he asked me (well, he didn't even ask me but my S.O.). There was a movie about this called Green Card.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Card_(film)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 1:33 pm

Of course it's illegal and I know that it happens all the time. I knew that when he asked me (well, he didn't even ask me but my S.O.). There was a movie about this called Green Card.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Card_(film)

Cat
The only thing I remember of that film was that it featured the music and songs of Enya.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/21 at 1:35 pm

The only thing I remember of that film was that it featured the music and songs of Enya.

And remember those ads that used to be in the backs of magazines----"lovely Russian brides available...".  Of course, all that has moved online now. And, speaking of sitcoms, there was an episode of "Mama's Family" where someone is trying to hoodwink Vinton into marrying a woman from Eastern Europe so she could become a citizen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/21 at 2:08 pm

And remember those ads that used to be in the backs of magazines----"lovely Russian brides available...".  Of course, all that has moved online now. And, speaking of sitcoms, there was an episode of "Mama's Family" where someone is trying to hoodwink Vinton into marrying a woman from Eastern Europe so she could become a citizen.

I did not like that show-nor the skit when it was on the Carol Burnett show-but the Carol Burnett show was one of my favorite shows at the time. There is one of the Mama's Family skits that I do love and really cracked me up (still does)-well, the outtakes anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Dick Van Dyke looks like he has to go pee.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/21 at 2:19 pm

I did not like that show-nor the skit when it was on the Carol Burnett show-but the Carol Burnett show was one of my favorite shows at the time. There is one of the Mama's Family skits that I do love and really cracked me up (still does)-well, the outtakes anyway.

Dick Van Dyke looks like he has to go pee.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

I liked the "Mama's Family" show starring Vicki Lawrence, but did not like the Carol Burnett "Eunice" character AT ALL. Carol Burnett is a talented comedienne, but the Eunice character seemed vicious and psychotic and not at all funny.

Written By: Contigo on 11/17/21 at 3:09 pm

O0

You are very efficient . I dont start to think about Christmas until early December, I haven't bought anything yet. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/21 at 3:29 pm

You are very efficient . I dont start to think about Christmas until early December, I haven't bought anything yet.

I'm shopping now. I have 8 grandkids to buy for and I'm never too sure. I THINK I have 5 of them taken care of but again, I'm not too sure. I'm waiting for a couple of emails to confirm if it is ok what I have chosen. Once they get old enough, I think they all are going to get paper. It is much easier. (That's what I used to get every year from my grandmother for as long as I could remember.)

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/18/21 at 1:44 am

I was fooled!...but in a good way.  ;D

The day before yesterday, I got married in a private wedding ceremony in our downtown area. With someone who I have known since April of this year. I originally did not want to get married. But I was told by my guides to accept his proposal, and be married for 3 weeks. Lol. Now, I don't want to undo it! This person means a lot to me, and I consider myself a married woman now. I can't wait to see where this new journey takes me.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/21 at 4:06 am

So this marriage is an experiment?

Written By: Howard on 11/18/21 at 4:08 am

I used to watch it.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/21 at 4:09 am

The day before yesterday, I got married in a private wedding ceremony in our downtown area. With someone who I have known since April of this year. I originally did not want to get married. But I was told by my guides to accept his proposal, and be married for 3 weeks. Lol. Now, I don't want to undo it! This person means a lot to me, and I consider myself a married woman now. I can't wait to see where this new journey takes me.  :)

Good Luck.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/18/21 at 4:26 am

So this morning, I received a message from the person I thought I was supposed to be with...turns out I AM supposed to be with him, so I got back on Instagram. My spirit guide was waiting for this....it seems I have to choose. To either be with the person I married, or be with the one I love who won't let me go who is on Instagram. Lol! My guides just wanted me to realize that. It looks like the 3 weeks are on.  ;D

This is insane but fun!  :D

Written By: Elor on 11/18/21 at 5:38 am

You're certainly right about the insane part... ::)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/18/21 at 8:52 am

So this morning, I received a message from the person I thought I was supposed to be with...turns out I AM supposed to be with him, so I got back on Instagram. My spirit guide was waiting for this....it seems I have to choose. To either be with the person I married, or be with the one I love who won't let me go who is on Instagram. Lol! My guides just wanted me to realize that. It looks like the 3 weeks are on.  ;D

I have a question about al this. You got married to someone in a great cosmic plan to essentially attract somebody ELSE? Or at least to goad this somebody else into some kind of move? Isn't that GROSSLY UNFAIR to the person you married? 

Unless you're having a big joke on us, which I think you are, because I don't think anybody would be so cruel.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/21 at 8:55 am

Is it Charlie Path?

Written By: karen on 11/18/21 at 11:09 am

How can you just be writing “Lol!” about something as serious as being married?

I still haven’t grasped why you got married to someone only for three weeks because some random guides told you to.

I can’t tell whether you are and or I am

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/18/21 at 11:45 am

How can you just be writing “Lol!” about something as serious as being married?

I still haven’t grasped why you got married to someone only for three weeks because some random guides told you to.

I can’t tell whether you are and or I am

She is taking advantage of both parties involved. Cruel, reckless behavior. And all on the advice of "spirit guides". Both of those men would do well to have nothing more to do with her. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/18/21 at 2:58 pm

Next week on Maury...  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/21 at 3:25 pm

WTF??!!!! All of this doesn't make any sense. Tell me, how long does it take you to think these things up?

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/21 at 3:32 pm

Got my booster today.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/21 at 3:33 pm

Got my booster today.

Cat
Excellent!

Do not forget take a painkiller if your arm turns painful.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/21 at 3:37 pm

Excellent!

Do not forget take a painkiller if your arm turns painful.

So far, so good. It is not the least bit sore right now. In fact, it was a little itchy so I scratched it without thinking and the band-aid reminded me. Oh yeah. But, tomorrow might be a different story.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/18/21 at 3:38 pm

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/21 at 3:39 pm

So far, so good. It is not the least bit sore right now. In fact, it was a little itchy so I scratched it without thinking and the band-aid reminded me. Oh yeah. But, tomorrow might be a different story.

Cat
I have felt my arm on and off for several weeks.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/18/21 at 3:42 pm

WTF??!!!! All of this doesn't make any sense. Tell me, how long does it take you to think these things up?

Cat

I know! She claims she's married but she's always on here telling us what she's eating and drinking. When does she spend time with her "husband"?  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/18/21 at 3:53 pm

Is that like Jerry Springer?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/18/21 at 3:55 pm

Yes, exactly like it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/21 at 3:57 pm

Yes, exactly like it.
With lots of shouting for the attending audience?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/18/21 at 6:59 pm

Cat

The good news here (if this story is true anyway, which I don't think it is) is that at least one of those guys is going to dodge a huge bullet.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/18/21 at 7:14 pm

The good news here (if this story is true anyway, which I don't think it is) is that at least one of those guys is going to dodge a huge bullet.

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/18/21 at 10:30 pm

Got my booster today.

Cat

Great! O0

I am still not totally sure if my age bracket is eligible; I mean, various news sources indicate we are, but the CDC has said otherwise. However, in the latest report I've heard, I think I might be.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/19/21 at 12:15 am

~ Banana Fly~

So I just had a drink of something called Champaign Cola. It was very good! Only when I was almost finished drinking it I found a banana fly in the drink....so I didn't finish it. It was really unpleasant. Oh well. C'est la vie. ::)

Good night world. :-*

Written By: Howard on 11/19/21 at 3:57 am

You have a spirit guide?

Written By: Howard on 11/19/21 at 3:59 am

Cat

Hope you feel better.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/21 at 4:00 am

With lots of shouting for the attending audience?

Yes, and fights too.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/19/21 at 9:31 am

So last night, I came up with a sleep remedy. I call them "Head scratches" which are relaxing. I tried them on my sister last night. What it is, is I sit with my legs crossed and my sister sat legs crossed with her back facing me. I gently start playing with her hair, talk whispering(about anything. As long as I'm speaking in a gentle tone), and giving her gentle scratches on her head. I also sing. I also use a paddle hairbrush to brush her hair softly. Told me it was the best thing in the world. The only problem is nobody knows how to do it on me. Oh well.  ::)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 9:45 am

So last night, I came up with a sleep remedy. I call them "Head scratches" which are relaxing. I tried them on my sister last night. What it is, is I sit with my legs crossed and my sister sat legs crossed with her back facing me. I gently start playing with her hair, talk whispering(about anything. As long as I'm speaking in a gentle tone), and giving her gentle scratches on her head. I also sing. I also use a paddle hairbrush to brush her hair softly. Told me it was the best thing in the world. The only problem is nobody knows how to do it on me. Oh well.  ::)

Some people have also done this with their dogs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/21 at 10:19 am

How does it work for you to go to sleep when your sister is already asleep?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 10:23 am

And where is the temporary husband during all this? Jessica already said they would not go to "third base" (it's not part of the temporary marriage arrangement), so it is likely he spends the night elsewhere.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/21 at 10:25 am

^ I will reply later, my weekend break of being offline start now.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/19/21 at 11:23 am

You have a spirit guide?

Yes. Everyone does!

I did it so my sister could get some sleep.

And where is the temporary husband during all this? Jessica already said they would not go to "third base" (it's not part of the temporary marriage arrangement), so it is likely he spends the night elsewhere.

What are you talking about? You misread my post.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 11:39 am

What are you talking about? You misread my post.

I'm talking about what you posted HERE:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4076142#msg4076142
Thanks. I am married for the next 3 weeks....and then it's over. The reason is I'm supposed to be with someone else. But he's married. I'm being guided, so I was told to get married for about 3 weeks just so I can experience it and know what it feels like to be married. We can't do third base either lol. I have to remain just as I am until December. I WAS asked to do something recently......lol! It was out if the ordinary for me.    My guide said it is fine.  So I'm good.

So I misunderstood and you ARE going to third base?  :o  :o  I will ask no more, that's YOUR business!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 12:15 pm

Timeline of Jessica's three week marriage thus far, as she has publicly posted here. Where will it go next:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4075944#msg4075944

3 hours to go!

Thanks. I am married for the next 3 weeks....and then it's over. The reason is I'm supposed to be with someone else. But he's married. I'm being guided, so I was told to get married for about 3 weeks just so I can experience it and know what it feels like to be married. We can't do third base either lol. I have to remain just as I am until December. I WAS asked to do something recently......lol! It was out if the ordinary for me.    My guide said it is fine.  So I'm good.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4076533#msg4076533
I was fooled!...but in a good way. 

The day before yesterday, I got married in a private wedding ceremony in our downtown area. With someone who I have known since April of this year. I originally did not want to get married. But I was told by my guides to accept his proposal, and be married for 3 weeks. Lol. Now, I don't want to undo it! This person means a lot to me, and I consider myself a married woman now. I can't wait to see where this new journey takes me. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4076585#msg4076585
So this morning, I received a message from the person I thought I was supposed to be with...turns out I AM supposed to be with him, so I got back on Instagram. My spirit guide was waiting for this....it seems I have to choose. To either be with the person I married, or be with the one I love who won't let me go who is on Instagram. Lol! My guides just wanted me to realize that. It looks like the 3 weeks are on. 

This is insane but fun! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/21 at 12:33 pm

I read this article in the Washington Post this morning:

Andrea Bonior
November 18, 2021

Ask Dr. Andrea is a series from The Lily with Dr. Andrea Bonior, a licensed clinical psychologist and advice columnist. She answers questions about relationships, mental health, work-life balance, family dynamics and more. If you have a question for Bonior, please send us an email.

Dear Dr. Andrea,

I’m 27, and generally like myself. I’ve been in therapy in the past for some anxiety issues, mostly better managed now, and I think I strike a good balance of working on myself and accepting myself for who I am. There’s one thing I don’t feel good about, though. And it’s not ever been something that I’ve been able to talk about with others, including my therapist, although the problem wasn’t as bad then.

It’s that I lie sometimes, or more than sometimes, not about anything particularly important. In fact, almost always it’s about trivial, meaningless stuff. Or I’ll exaggerate stories quite a bit. I guess it’s pretty self-serving, to make me look more interesting, or just to entertain people in the moment.

As I do it, I think about how there’s no reason for me to be doing it. I think what’s worse is that certain friends have started to assume that I’m full of it. I can kind of tell by how they’ll be dismissive of certain things I say. Last night, I said that I knew someone who worked at a certain place, and that they had told me things were crazy there with people quitting. But none of it was true. Why do I do this? And why does stopping seem so hard?

— Wish I Could Stop

As I see it, there are two parts here for you to work on, if you are really motivated to do so. And you seem to be! (After all, the fact that you don’t like that you do this is important.) The first big part is to do some real work on understanding where this comes from. Embellishing stories, of course, is a human instinct as old as time, but it’s safe to say that you recognize yourself as an outlier, and that it’s hurting you.

You’ve been in therapy for anxiety in the past; my guess is that anxiety drives this as well, but a deeper anxiety about how you come across to others, or even who you are as a person. Do you believe that you’re not worthy enough in your most genuine form? Do you fear being an outsider so much that you always have to have an anecdote to contribute to someone else’s topic? Maybe you worry about being viewed as unintelligent, or not in the know, if something comes up you can’t speak to. Or perhaps you have social or performance anxiety, and need to boost your persona into an outsize version of yourself, because otherwise you worry you can’t command an “audience.” Even more reasons could exist: lying to keep people at arm’s length, to keep people away from the “real” you and its most vulnerable parts. Finally, might it also be the thrill of getting away with it? A (dysfunctional) way of dealing with boredom or a deeper emptiness?

Knowing what’s driving this — truly admitting it, and facing it — will help you make headway on it. It will allow you to work to fill those holes in other ways, like working to build up your self-efficacy by developing a deeper sense of meaning about who you are in the world. Knowing the roots will also help you identify the situations when you are going to be most prone to this behavior, so that you can gird up your defenses (like the newly sober person creating strategies for dealing with the open bar at a wedding.)

But the other big part of this is less cognitive, and more behavioral. Like any conditioned habit, the more you do it, the more likely you are to continue it — and the more you stop it, the easier it is to stop it in the future. So get practical about breaking the cycle. Make small, specific goals to choose a more functional behavior and plan paths in advance to do so. Hold yourself accountable, observe yourself, learn from your slip-ups and reward yourself along the way. Maybe you keep a true story in mind, ready to share before your next outing, and commit to pausing for five seconds before you say anything at all. Use what you learn about your triggers (“I feel anxious,” “I’m not interesting enough to this crowd,” “This is boring,” “No one’s paying attention to me”) to map out specific ways to counteract them. Start small, with a goal of one night embellishment-free. And, to revisit the sobriety analogy (which fits in a variety of ways), let yourself be real and lean in to the uncomfortable feelings. Afterward, reward yourself — and try to notice the ways that the evening was more than all right on its own, without artificial enhancement.

https://www.thelily.com/ask-dr-andrea-i-compulsively-lie-when-telling-stories-how-can-i-stop/

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/19/21 at 1:37 pm

This is insane...but fun!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 2:22 pm

Timeline of Jessica's three week marriage thus far, as she has publicly posted here. Where will it go next:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4075944#msg4075944

3 hours to go!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4076533#msg4076533
I was fooled!...but in a good way. 

The day before yesterday, I got married in a private wedding ceremony in our downtown area. With someone who I have known since April of this year. I originally did not want to get married. But I was told by my guides to accept his proposal, and be married for 3 weeks. Lol. Now, I don't want to undo it! This person means a lot to me, and I consider myself a married woman now. I can't wait to see where this new journey takes me. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=63475.msg4076585#msg4076585
So this morning, I received a message from the person I thought I was supposed to be with...turns out I AM supposed to be with him, so I got back on Instagram. My spirit guide was waiting for this....it seems I have to choose. To either be with the person I married, or be with the one I love who won't let me go who is on Instagram. Lol! My guides just wanted me to realize that. It looks like the 3 weeks are on. 
This is insane but fun!

By the way, do you notice the strange reoccurrence of the number THREE in this timeline?

1) There were THREE hours to go before she received her life changing news
2) She must get married for THREE weeks
3) She can't go to THIRD base
4) There are THREE people involved in this unusual triangle

Surely this must have some meaning in Jessica's witchy world.  :o

And she thinks it's all "insane but fun".
:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/19/21 at 2:53 pm

By the way, do you notice the strange reoccurrence of the number THREE in this timeline?

But in the end, it doesn't really matter... :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 3:36 pm

Jessica's current three-way love affair, as she has outlined it to us in several posts, reminds me quite a bit of David Crosby's classic song "Triad" which was recorded by Jefferson Airplane in 1968. Crosby's own version would appear on CSNY'c classic "Four Way Street" live album in 1971.

Here's the 1968 Airplane version, sung by Grace Slick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aej9wmoQ7M

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/21 at 4:04 pm

Feel like crap today. I knew I would. My arm is sore, I am running a low grade fever and I have a headache. But, I know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. I hope by tomorrow this will all be a memory.

It is just a minor thing to endure so I know that Thanksgiving will be safe.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/19/21 at 5:04 pm

Jessica's current three-way love affair, as she has outlined it to us in several posts, reminds me quite a bit of David Crosby's classic song "Triad" which was recorded by Jefferson Airplane in 1968. Crosby's own version would appear on CSNY'c classic "Four Way Street" live album in 1971.

^ Awesome tune!  (And just right)  O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/19/21 at 5:06 pm

Feel like crap today. I knew I would. My arm is sore, I am running a low grade fever and I have a headache. But, I know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. I hope by tomorrow this will all be a memory.

Cat

UGH!  :(  Feel better soon, Cat!

Written By: nally on 11/19/21 at 8:12 pm

Great! O0

I am still not totally sure if my age bracket is eligible; I mean, various news sources indicate we are, but the CDC has said otherwise. However, in the latest report I've heard, I think I might be.

I heard that the CDC has confirmed that all adults will be eligible for the booster today.

Written By: nally on 11/19/21 at 8:12 pm

Cat

Sending you well wishes, Cat!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/19/21 at 9:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aej9wmoQ7M

Oh goodness me....lol. Ok. If that's how you feel.  ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/21 at 9:36 pm

Oh goodness me....lol. Ok. If that's how you feel.  ;D

Cool song though, no?

Written By: violet_shy on 11/19/21 at 10:20 pm

Cool song though, no?

Yes, very.

Written By: nally on 11/19/21 at 11:11 pm

I am looking forward to an exciting weekend. My mom turns a milestone age on Sunday.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/19/21 at 11:45 pm

I am looking forward to an exciting weekend. My mom turns a milestone age on Sunday.

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Written By: nally on 11/19/21 at 11:55 pm

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Thank you. O0

Tomorrow (Saturday) evening we plan to take her out for a nice meal.
Sunday (her actual b'day) we have some special things planned for her.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/20/21 at 12:17 am

I'm so happy for her! Happy birthday! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/20/21 at 7:20 am

Hey, what she does in her own time is not my problem.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/20/21 at 7:47 am

Hey, what she does in her own time is not my problem.

Howard just move on. Some of these people are not forgiven....they told me last night. Move on ok. You're sweet.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/20/21 at 8:29 am

Howard just move on. Some of these people are not forgiven....they told me last night. 

What an uncharitable, un-Christian thing to say. Especially from one who has a Bible verse as her signature on this board.

I guess you have never heard of Matthew 18:21, 22:

Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven."

Written By: violet_shy on 11/20/21 at 9:36 am

What an uncharitable, un-Christian thing to say. Especially from one who has a Bible verse as her signature on this board.

I guess you have never heard of Matthew 18:21, 22:

Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven."

NOW you want to ask for Jesus huh? News flash: they are not doing that anymore. You'll see why and what I'm talking about later. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. I did my part I tried to bring everyone together. You people are evil. Making fun of others in public without any remorse. Just the same, that's what you get. And don't get mad at Howard, he's just fine. I think I'm done here.

Written By: Ripley on 11/20/21 at 10:23 am

Happy Birthday to her  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/20/21 at 11:53 am

I love how people get so worked up over nothing.

See, if you were to scroll through my post history you'd find that in the past I used to be a real asshole here, especially during the whole decadeology blowup we had here about 10-12 years ago when a lot of long-time members rage quit. I was right in the thick of the flame wars because to be honest, it was kind of fun.

But the older I get, the more I realize how much of a colossal waste of time and mental energy arguing with people online is.

Around the middle of last year, when the pandemic and the social unrest and the presidential election all converged to create a perfect storm of anxiety and uncertainty, I had an epiphany. I used to get up in the morning and scroll through all the garbage political posts on my Facebook feed and I'd get angrier and angrier and I'd be in a rotten mood all day at work. I felt as if I was constantly walking around in this invisible, toxic, radioactive cloud of anger and fear and hatred that permeated everything and that I couldn't get away from.

Then one day it hit me. This amazing device I carry in my pocket that can instantly access all information known to man was controlling how I feel. And when I realized this I felt this great rage come over me. I pulled my smartphone out of my pocket, held it up in front of me with one hand, flipped it off with my other hand, and yelled, "F**K YOU! YOU DO NOT CONTROL ME!!!" And then I felt this great inner peace come over me, as if I had just unplugged from the Matrix and freed my mind. The invisible toxic radioactive cloud instantly went away and I took a deep breath, smiled, and enjoyed the rest of that nice, warm autumn day.

Just take a step back and really think about what you're all getting upset about here. Think about what you're arguing about and then you'll realize just how trivial and minor this is. This has absolutely no effect on your daily life, yet some of you are probably right now sitting in front of your computer or with your phone in your hand, seething with rage and spending all day long brooding and thinking about what your next response will be. I know because I used to do that myself. I might still make a snarky comment here and there but that's about the extent of it for me anymore.

Social media and the 24-hour news cycle is really screwing us up. I sincerely hope people start waking up and realizing this more and more and begin a mass rejection of it, and that this is just a phase we're going through and that we can eventually move past.

So forget about all this nonsense. Turn off your phones and your computers, go outside, and enjoy the rest of your day.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/21 at 1:57 pm

See, if you were to scroll through my post history you'd find that in the past I used to be a real asshole here, especially during the whole decadeology blowup we had here about 10-12 years ago when a lot of long-time members rage quit. I was right in the thick of the flame wars because to be honest, it was kind of fun.

But the older I get, the more I realize how much of a colossal waste of time and mental energy arguing with people online is.

Around the middle of last year, when the pandemic and the social unrest and the presidential election all converged to create a perfect storm of anxiety and uncertainty, I had an epiphany. I used to get up in the morning and scroll through all the garbage political posts on my Facebook feed and I'd get angrier and angrier and I'd be in a rotten mood all day at work. I felt as if I was constantly walking around in this invisible, toxic, radioactive cloud of anger and fear and hatred that permeated everything and that I couldn't get away from.

Then one day it hit me. This amazing device I carry in my pocket that can instantly access all information known to man was controlling how I feel. And when I realized this I felt this great rage come over me. I pulled my smartphone out of my pocket, held it up in front of me with one hand, flipped it off with my other hand, and yelled, "F**K YOU! YOU DO NOT CONTROL ME!!!" And then I felt this great inner peace come over me, as if I had just unplugged from the Matrix and freed my mind. The invisible toxic radioactive cloud instantly went away and I took a deep breath, smiled, and enjoyed the rest of that nice, warm autumn day.

Just take a step back and really think about what you're all getting upset about here. Think about what you're arguing about and then you'll realize just how trivial and minor this is. This has absolutely no effect on your daily life, yet some of you are probably right now sitting in front of your computer or with your phone in your hand, seething with rage and spending all day long brooding and thinking about what your next response will be. I know because I used to do that myself. I might still make a snarky comment here and there but that's about the extent of it for me anymore.

Social media and the 24-hour news cycle is really screwing us up. I sincerely hope people start waking up and realizing this more and more and begin a mass rejection of it, and that this is just a phase we're going through and that we can eventually move past.

So forget about all this nonsense. Turn off your phones and your computers, go outside, and enjoy the rest of your day.  :)

Well said. There was a time when I also got worked up about things here and even lost a lot of sleep over it. I took a step back and now, I am lead mod.  :-\\ 

I try not to get worked up. I also don't pour my heart out here like I used to. For the longest time, I told everyone here about almost everything in my life, what is going on, etc. etc. Now, I hardly do. In fact, I took a 6 week cross country trip this summer and most people weren't even aware of it until I announced that I had returned home. I have since learned to keep things in stride.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/20/21 at 2:09 pm

Same here, arguing with people online was a waste of time as soon as I got older but I learned that you shouldn't get so worked up over petty things.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/21 at 2:11 pm

I'm so happy to be off on Thanksgiving, most likely I'll be going out to a restaurant with my best friend. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/20/21 at 3:08 pm

I'm so happy to be off on Thanksgiving, most likely I'll be going out to a restaurant with my best friend. :)

O0 Happy Thanksgiving, Howard!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/20/21 at 3:26 pm

Ok...I have prayed for each and every one of you. And I fasted. I'm doing all I can.

Written By: karen on 11/20/21 at 3:39 pm

Well said. There was a time when I also got worked up about things here and even lost a lot of sleep over it. I took a step back and now, I am lead mod.  :-\\ 

I try not to get worked up. I also don't pour my heart out here like I used to. For the longest time, I told everyone here about almost everything in my life, what is going on, etc. etc. Now, I hardly do. In fact, I took a 6 week cross country trip this summer and most people weren't even aware of it until I announced that I had returned home. I have since learned to keep things in stride.

Cat

I think you are both right but

Part of what made these boards what they were was the personal connection between users. Some of us were supported through tough times. So when someone posts a bad thing or lies to us then it feels the same as if a friend did it to us. I remember back when the Rockandrollfan Superfreak thing blew up how upset people were. I had lots of PM discussions with people about it.

Similar things have been happening recently. You can say just ignore it but could you ignore a friend messing you about in the same way?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/21 at 4:05 pm

I think you are both right but

Part of what made these boards what they were was the personal connection between users. Some of us were supported through tough times. So when someone posts a bad thing or lies to us then it feels the same as if a friend did it to us. I remember back when the Rockandrollfan Superfreak thing blew up how upset people were. I had lots of PM discussions with people about it.

Similar things have been happening recently. You can say just ignore it but could you ignore a friend messing you about in the same way?

True.

There was a time when this place felt more like a family. Like you said, we supported each other through bad times. I do remember when Carlos went in for his back surgery and Mama K spent I don't know how long on the phone with me as I was waiting for him to get out of surgery.

But, somewhere along the line, I feel that something was broken. Since then, I have distance myself.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/20/21 at 5:06 pm

I hope you get full with a bunch of yummy food :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/21 at 6:13 pm

I THINK I am done with my Christmas shopping. I sent the list to the parents to see if anything needs to be changed or not (in case someone else bought the same thing). I need to hear back from two of them and then I am good to go. But, I still have ONE more birthday present to get.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/20/21 at 7:30 pm

I THINK I am done with my Christmas shopping. I sent the list to the parents to see if anything needs to be changed or not (in case someone else bought the same thing). I need to hear back from two of them and then I am good to go. But, I still have ONE more birthday present to get.

Cat

O0 Kudos!  What a great feeling that must be.  (We haven't even really started - we're always late.)

Written By: Ripley on 11/21/21 at 6:54 am

Cat

When will you put your tree up? We usually do ours the day of or after Thanksgiving.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/21 at 6:56 am

O0 Happy Thanksgiving, Howard!

Thanks, What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Written By: Howard on 11/21/21 at 7:01 am

I hope you get full with a bunch of yummy food :)

This diner we're going to has a Thanksgiving feast of a turkey dinner and dessert with coffee later on.  :)

Written By: nally on 11/21/21 at 10:55 am

This diner we're going to has a Thanksgiving feast of a turkey dinner and dessert with coffee later on.  :)

Sounds yummy! :)

Written By: nally on 11/21/21 at 10:56 am

So...we took my mom out for dinner at a ristorante in Westlake Village last night. One that we haven't visited before, but they had great food.

Today is her actual birthday and we're going to do some more special things for her. :)

Written By: karen on 11/21/21 at 12:09 pm

Just got back from the Lake District. We were orienteering training yesterday and then at a competition today. Apparently I came last on my course today. Not surprised, I was slow going through the terrain, and went the wrong way several times.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/21/21 at 1:09 pm

So...we took my mom out for dinner at a ristorante in Westlake Village last night. One that we haven't visited before, but they had great food.

Today is her actual birthday and we're going to do some more special things for her. :)

Nice!  O0  I hope her birthday is great!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/21 at 2:18 pm

When will you put your tree up? We usually do ours the day of or after Thanksgiving.

As close to Christmas as possible-if we are hosting that is. If we are not hosting, we don't bother with a tree. We always get real ones so we don't want to keep it up too long before they dry out. One year, we had a tree so dry we are surprised it still had needles before we took it down. The needles on the floor were at least a half inch thick (NO EXAGGERATION!  :o :o ). Also, our tree about 5 or 6 years ago was probably the most aromatic tree we have EVER had in our lives. It was WONDERFUL! We keep the tree next to door so of course that is the first thing you smell when you come in, but that year, it was WOW!

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/21/21 at 2:37 pm

Nice!  O0  I hope her birthday is great!

Thank you.

My dad has arranged for some friends of ours (mostly from church) to come over this evening, as a surprise for mom.

Written By: Contigo on 11/21/21 at 5:05 pm

Thank you.

My dad has arranged for some friends of ours (mostly from church) to come over this evening, as a surprise for mom.

That sounds like fun, I hope your mom is surprised and everyone enjoys themselves

Written By: Ripley on 11/21/21 at 5:14 pm

As close to Christmas as possible-if we are hosting that is. If we are not hosting, we don't bother with a tree. We always get real ones so we don't want to keep it up too long before they dry out. One year, we had a tree so dry we are surprised it still had needles before we took it down. The needles on the floor were at least a half inch thick (NO EXAGGERATION!  :o :o ). Also, our tree about 5 or 6 years ago was probably the most aromatic tree we have EVER had in our lives. It was WONDERFUL! We keep the tree next to door so of course that is the first thing you smell when you come in, but that year, it was WOW!

Cat

Wow! It would hurt to step on those needles lol I love real big trees. My grandpa planted a nice Christmas tree in their yard when I was a baby so it’s my tree. The house was sold but I still feel it’s my tree and it is so huge now!

Written By: Howard on 11/22/21 at 3:58 am

I decided to go to my other friend's house for Thanksgiving on Thursday since the diner we always go to is charging $35 a plate so I will nix it this year and wait till Sunday to hang out again with him.

Written By: Ripley on 11/22/21 at 8:46 am

We went to my brother in law’s mom’s house yesterday and had our turkey meal. We were gonna have a small one with just the two of us on Thursday but instead we decided not too. We’re planning on having taco burgers that day now lol. But if we can find a small turkey we’ll have it some other time just with a regular dinner.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/21 at 4:35 pm

Wow! It would hurt to step on those needles lol I love real big trees. My grandpa planted a nice Christmas tree in their yard when I was a baby so it’s my tree. The house was sold but I still feel it’s my tree and it is so huge now!

I forgot to add that this year should be interesting. It will be the first year we will get tree since getting our Luna(tic). We are quite sure that she will attempt to climb it.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/22/21 at 10:41 pm

That sounds like fun, I hope your mom is surprised and everyone enjoys themselves

Oh yes, we certainly did. Other people who came over included a couple that my parents have known since college (and have been very much in touch with) but hadn't seen in a while. We all had a great time. O0

Written By: nally on 11/22/21 at 10:42 pm

Yes it would; hopefully they wouldn't start dropping too soon.

We love real trees, but haven't gotten any in the last couple of years due to them being more pricey each year, plus they're getting cut earlier and earlier - I don't know how you'd keep one fresh for a whole month.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/21 at 1:22 am

Back from after a weekend with my granddaughter, and yesterday was feeling rough, so I spent the day taking it easy.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/23/21 at 2:09 pm

It's been unseasonably nice out this week and I've been trying to get some riding in on my e-scooter before winter hits, so today I went out on a long ride. On the way back home I saw someone I knew from work jogging on the trail so I hollered at him and we both stopped and had a pleasant conversation for about 30 minutes. Good start to the day.  :)

Written By: karen on 11/23/21 at 3:31 pm

School trip today to the British Museum. I drove the minibus some of the way and then we got the train into the city. I was there with students studying Classical Civilisations so we looked around the  Greek and Roman section mostly. I got to see the Rosetta Stone which was interesting. Unfortunately the Elgin Marbles were not on view today.

Tomorrow I am going on another trip, this time to a university with the senior physics classes. No clue what specifically we are seeing/doing but I am sure it will be good.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/23/21 at 9:40 pm

On our way to Ohio for Thanksgiving - we started out tonight and staying over in Indiana.  We'll return some time after Thanksgiving.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/21 at 9:43 pm

On our way to Ohio for Thanksgiving - we started out tonight and staying over in Indiana.  We'll return some time after Thanksgiving.

Safe travels.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/23/21 at 10:00 pm

Safe travels to you!

I'll be going up north tomorrow afternoon and returning on Friday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/21 at 12:37 am

Take good care on your travels.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/21 at 4:02 am

Hopefully the weather is good for you, have yourself a nice time.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/25/21 at 1:36 am

At work tonight when I walked into the dispatch office, someone had passed gas and it left a particularly foul aroma in the air. I said, "Man, who cut the cheese?" Someone then yelled out, "COVID CHECK!"

I'm using that one from now on.  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/25/21 at 11:08 am

Where I am, it is rather cold right now. :o

Written By: Ripley on 11/25/21 at 12:28 pm

I forgot to add that this year should be interesting. It will be the first year we will get tree since getting our Luna(tic). We are quite sure that she will attempt to climb it.

Cat

My Falcon hasn’t ever done that, which surprises me since he loves to climb things. ;D

Written By: Ripley on 11/25/21 at 12:46 pm

We’ve got the presents wrapped, now to work on the tree. We do have a lot of nice decorations but we rarely do anything but the tree since we’re always so drained from work. But we had our lunch now we’re watching the annual Thanksgiving dog show!

Written By: nally on 11/25/21 at 3:07 pm

I am waiting until December to decorate my tree. We need to get through Thanksgiving first. (One holiday at a time, please.)

Written By: Howard on 11/25/21 at 4:04 pm

It was 54 today.

Written By: nally on 11/25/21 at 11:47 pm

It was 54 today.

It got colder than that in Paso Robles, where my parents and I are staying (but warmer than that in the afternoon). Tomorrow morning we will drive back home.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/27/21 at 9:25 pm

Curious, whereabouts is that cold place you ventured to?  ???    OOPS - never mind, I see it in your last post...

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/27/21 at 9:34 pm

Safe travels.

Cat

Safe travels to you!

Take good care on your travels.

Had a great time on Thanksgiving, and travel was a breeze this trip (we haven't always been so lucky).  Our biggest issue was the hotel's crappy internet.  Thanks for all the well wishes!

Written By: nally on 11/28/21 at 11:46 am

Curious, whereabouts is that cold place you ventured to?  ???    OOPS - never mind, I see it in your last post...

Yeah. It's kindof off the beaten path so to speak.

But it was a great place. A "guest house" owned by my mother's second-cousin and his domestic partner. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/21 at 2:12 pm

Celebrated Thanksgiving at my step-son's yesterday. Of course we had to deal with Carlos' ex, her husband, & her "adopted" daughter and her family. There was something like 17 or 18 of us (and we were missing 3 of the local grandkids). Good thing he has a big enough place-but it still felt a bit crowded. We face-timed with my SIL in California and the 2 grandkids out there were staying with her so we got to say hello to them.

We also celebrated the first night of Hanukkah-even though today is the first night. Figured most of us where there, and I said to Carlos' ex (who is Jewish), "Does it matter?" Nope. I told her that I have told everyone all my life that I am 1/2 Jewish. But, then I got my DNA done a few years ago and discovered that I am NOT 1/2 Jewish but 49.7%. She laughed. Yeah, we are civil to each other-hug saying hello and good-bye and that is about it. She is not someone I could be friends with. But, got to put up with her at birthdays and Thanksgiving. (At least we don't have to put up with her at Christmas.)

Came home stuffed to the gills.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/21 at 4:44 am

Back online after a weekend of play and tutoring my granddaughter.

Written By: nally on 11/29/21 at 11:02 pm

Back online after a weekend of play and tutoring my granddaughter.

Very nice. O0

As for me, 'twas a very busy day at the office. Since I missed half a day on Wednesday, I had lotsa work to get caught up on. Plus the fact that the end of the month is tomorrow (Tuesday); so I got a big schedule to work with!

Written By: nally on 11/30/21 at 8:01 pm

Very nice. O0

As for me, 'twas a very busy day at the office. Since I missed half a day on Wednesday, I had lotsa work to get caught up on. Plus the fact that the end of the month is tomorrow (Tuesday); so I got a big schedule to work with!

I got everything done at work!!

Check for new replies or respond here...