inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: February 2022 Monthly Thread

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/22 at 1:33 pm

Haven't started the monthly thread in a long time. Yeah, I couldn't think of a cute name for the thread so I just figured I would call it what it is.

So, have at it.

White rabbit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtGzgtHcoF8

Cat

Subject: Re: February 2022 Monthly Thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/22 at 1:41 pm

White rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 02/01/22 at 3:17 pm

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day, who thinks we're going to get an early Spring?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/01/22 at 3:40 pm

February is a big celebration month here - between my birthday (3rd), Valentine's Day (14th) and our anniversary (21st), it's usually a fun month for us.  (To the extent Covid lets us celebrate.)  Plus we get Super Bowl (13th) too!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/22 at 4:01 pm

February is a big celebration month here - between my birthday (3rd), Valentine's Day (14th) and our anniversary (21st), it's usually a fun month for us.  (To the extent Covid lets us celebrate.)  Plus we get Super Bowl (13th) too!

Family Birthdays:
-Niece:13th
-Step-Son-in-law (husband of my step-daughter): 14th
-Brother-in-law: 16th
-Sister-in-law (brother's wife): 25th

Friends:
-My oldest friend (I remember going to her 4th birthday party-and she is older than I am  :o ): 8th
-A dear friend: 22nd

Some I wish I could forget:

-First husband  :-\\ : 4th
-Old boyfriend : 8th
-Old boyfriend: 16th.
(Yeah, I remember old boyfriends' birthdays  ::) )

For a short month, I know a lot who have birthdays in February.

BTW, one of my superpowers is my ability to remember birthdays. I tell everyone I am the keeper of birthdays.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/01/22 at 4:15 pm

Family Birthdays:
-Niece:13th
-Step-Son-in-law (husband of my step-daughter): 14th
-Brother-in-law: 16th
-Sister-in-law (brother's wife): 25th

Friends:
-My oldest friend (I remember going to her 4th birthday party-and she is older than I am  :o ): 8th
-A dear friend: 22nd

Some I wish I could forget:

-First husband  :-\\ : 4th
-Old boyfriend : 8th
-Old boyfriend: 16th.
(Yeah, I remember old boyfriends' birthdays  ::) )

For a short month, I know a lot who have birthdays in February.

BTW, one of my superpowers is my ability to remember birthdays. I tell everyone I am the keeper of birthdays.

Cat

O0 Have a fun birthday month!

(Incidentally, I can't remember any ex-boyfriends' birthdays; it's a lot if I remember their zodiac sign!  ;D)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/22 at 4:27 pm

O0 Have a fun birthday month!

(Incidentally, I can't remember any ex-boyfriends' birthdays; it's a lot if I remember their zodiac sign!  ;D)

Come to think about it, none of them live in the same state. lol.

Niece-Oklahoma
Step-son-in-law- California
Brother-in-law- Connecticut
Sister-in-law- New York
Old Friend-Massachusetts
Dear Friend-Tennessee

So, I won't be celebrating with anyone of them-besides either a call or an email.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/01/22 at 7:51 pm

Haven't started the monthly thread in a long time. Yeah, I couldn't think of a cute name for the thread so I just figured I would call it what it is.

So, have at it.

White rabbit!

Cat

Thank you for starting it this time. :) I'm glad someone did.

Written By: nally on 02/01/22 at 11:17 pm

Anyhoo, today I had a LOT of stuff to do at work. It seemed a bit overwhelming, but I was confident that I could get it all done.

Written By: karen on 02/02/22 at 12:46 am

Happy Groundhog Day

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/22 at 1:26 am

Happy Groundhog Day
O0

If I can find my DVD of the film, I will watch it!

Written By: Howard on 02/02/22 at 3:57 am

Happy Birthday to you. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/02/22 at 3:58 am

This month would've been My Brother's 51st Birthday.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/22 at 1:40 pm

This month would've been My Brother's 51st Birthday.  :\'(

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/02/22 at 4:17 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Thanks. :)

Written By: nally on 02/02/22 at 7:49 pm

Happy Groundhog Day

O0

If I can find my DVD of the film, I will watch it!

I seen the film several times myself. O0

Written By: nally on 02/02/22 at 7:50 pm

Anyhoo, today I had a LOT of stuff to do at work. It seemed a bit overwhelming, but I was confident that I could get it all done.

Today my workload seemed much less overwhelming.

Written By: nally on 02/04/22 at 11:12 pm

This weekend I'm gonna see about tackling some projects that I've been meaning to do for the past several months.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/04/22 at 11:27 pm

This weekend I'm gonna see about tackling some projects that I've been meaning to do for the past several months.

O0 That's always a good thing

Written By: nally on 02/04/22 at 11:28 pm

O0 That's always a good thing

Yes. I did part of one such project last weekend.

There are a few other things I'd like to do; but then again we only have a limited number of hours in the day.

Written By: nally on 02/07/22 at 11:12 pm

Okay...last week at my work, my coworker announced that she would be leaving at the end of this month because she has accepted a new position elsewhere. (This is kindof sad news, because we don't like to see anyone leave our company. Especially if we enjoy having them around and they make great contributions.) So our boss has been looking for potential people to replace this woman, a couple of whom might come in this week to interview.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/22 at 1:47 am

Today is looking to be a horrid day, firstly my Internet Supplier will be doing essential work and shutting the system down for most of the working day. I am getting the most of the wi-fi before it goes, and my tablet I playing up slow again. So today will be a good day for a walk, but my legs say no. Btw, I should be compensated for it.

Written By: karen on 02/09/22 at 12:15 pm

Happy Groundhog Day

So what did Punxsutawney Phil (or Connecticut Chuckles) have to say?

Written By: karen on 02/09/22 at 12:18 pm

Dai and I went to see Dai’s mum at the weekend and pack up some more stuff in her house. A neighbour is interested in buying the house if we can agree a price, so that will make things easier.

Dai had to go up to the other house because he actually has to go into the office this week so I am on my own. It was a colleagues 60th birthday on Monday so we all went out for drinks and a meal. An last night my dad came round for dinner.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/09/22 at 12:45 pm

Today is looking to be a horrid day, firstly my Internet Supplier will be doing essential work and shutting the system down for most of the working day. I am getting the most of the wi-fi before it goes, and my tablet I playing up slow again. So today will be a good day for a walk, but my legs say no. Btw, I should be compensated for it.

:(  UGH!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/09/22 at 12:46 pm

So what did Punxsutawney Phil (or Connecticut Chuckles) have to say?

Phil saw his shadow.  Six more weeks of winter, according to groundhog lore.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/09/22 at 12:48 pm

Dai and I went to see Dai’s mum at the weekend and pack up some more stuff in her house. A neighbour is interested in buying the house if we can agree a price, so that will make things easier.

Good luck!

Written By: nally on 02/10/22 at 12:10 am

Okay...last week at my work, my coworker announced that she would be leaving at the end of this month because she has accepted a new position elsewhere. (This is kindof sad news, because we don't like to see anyone leave our company. Especially if we enjoy having them around and they make great contributions.) So our boss has been looking for potential people to replace this woman, a couple of whom might come in this week to interview.

Today (Wednesday) one potential candidate came in for an in-person interview. She seemed to do fairly well. (I did not actually witness it, as I had my own work to do, but I could hear what was going on.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/22 at 1:31 am

Phil saw his shadow.  Six more weeks of winter, according to groundhog lore.
I saw my shadow yesterday!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/22 at 1:33 am

:(  UGH!
It seemed that wi-fi was available for most of the day, with occasional cutoffs. I had already decided for a day with a break of being offline, watching television, etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/22 at 3:59 am

At this moment of time, the computer seems to be very quick in downloading.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/22 at 1:51 pm

I saw my shadow yesterday!  ;D

6 more weeks of posting?

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/10/22 at 5:53 pm

Just got home from a theatre trip to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. I volunteered to drive a minibus full of students across.  The show was great, it was just stressful negotiating city traffic and finding somewhere to park the bus

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/22 at 6:06 pm

Just got home from a theatre trip to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. I volunteered to drive a minibus full of students across.  The show was great, it was just stressful negotiating city traffic and finding somewhere to park the bus

Sherlock Holmes?

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/11/22 at 1:00 am

Sherlock Holmes?

Cat

The title comes from a Sherlock book, but it is a book by Mark Hadden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Incident_of_the_Dog_in_the_Night-Time

The main character compares himself to Sherlock Holmes, as he is trying to solve the puzzle of what happened to a neighbours dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Incident_of_the_Dog_in_the_Night-Time_(play)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/22 at 3:49 pm

I found out that there are 3 recordings of my great-grandfather made when he was staying at the Concord Hotel in the Catskills my guess in the '40s or '50s. I may have had copies of them earlier. (For several years now, my sibs have been sharing family pics/documents, etc.) One is of him and some friends singing a Yiddish song (off key/pitch lol), another one of him telling a story in Yiddish and the other describing his vacation in English. It is really cool that I have a recording on my great-grandfather's voice. (I also have some recordings that my grandfather made during WWII-as a "letter" to my grandmother.)

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/12/22 at 4:28 pm

I found out that there are 3 recordings of my great-grandfather made when he was staying at the Concord Hotel in the Catskills my guess in the '40s or '50s. I may have had copies of them earlier. (For several years now, my sibs have been sharing family pics/documents, etc.) One is of him and some friends singing a Yiddish song (off key/pitch lol), another one of him telling a story in Yiddish and the other describing his vacation in English. It is really cool that I have a recording on my great-grandfather's voice. (I also have some recordings that my grandfather made during WWII-as a "letter" to my grandmother.)

Cat

O0 Awesome - what a treasure!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/12/22 at 5:19 pm

Cat

Are the recordings on those instant records that people used to be able to make by going into a recording booth? 

I'm not Jewish myself, but I find that era of the Jewish Catskills resorts, the so-called "Borsht Belt" very interesting. I've seen documentaries, as well as one fictional movie, "A Walk On The Moon", starring Diane Lane, which takes place in 1969, the waning days of these resorts. Julie Kavner played the manager of the resort, and when trucks selling merchandise would arrive, she would get on the PA system and say "the blouse man is on the premises!". "The record man is on the premises!". "The housewares man is on the premises!". Diane Lane plays an unsatisfied wife, very much feeling the effects of the late 60s. She tires of her life and runs off with the "record man" to the Woodstock festival. Which, of course, was not far away.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/22 at 5:40 pm

Are the recordings on those instant records that people used to be able to make by going into a recording booth? 

I'm not Jewish myself, but I find that era of the Jewish Catskills resorts, the so-called "Borsht Belt" very interesting. I've seen documentaries, as well as one fictional movie, "A Walk On The Moon", starring Diane Lane, which takes place in 1969, the waning days of these resorts. Julie Kavner played the manager of the resort, and when trucks selling merchandise would arrive, she would get on the PA system and say "the blouse man is on the premises!". "The record man is on the premises!". "The housewares man is on the premises!". Diane Lane plays an unsatisfied wife, very much feeling the effects of the late 60s. She tires of her life and runs off with the "record man" to the Woodstock festival. Which, of course, was not far away.

Yeah, it was one of those "record making" thingy.

Of course Dirty Dancing was about the Catskills and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has some Catskills eps.

My high school had some kind of senior thingy at one of the resorts up there (maybe an hour away). I didn't go. (If I remember correctly, my boyfriend at the time used to work there before we started dating.)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/22 at 3:35 am

It's half term this week
School holiday this time
My family are with me
So I cannot be online

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/14/22 at 1:59 pm

This Valentine's Day...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLeUJKEaIAUo_jS?format=jpg&name=small

Written By: nally on 02/14/22 at 10:37 pm

It's half term this week
School holiday this time
My family are with me
So I cannot be online

In that case, take care
In all that you do
We always look forward
To posting with you!

Written By: nally on 02/14/22 at 10:37 pm

So today was a pleasant day for me. :)

I did get to hand out a few of my See's chocolate hearts. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/smiley.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/16/22 at 8:06 am

¡Bienviendos a México!

Written By: nally on 02/16/22 at 8:01 pm

¡Bienviendos a México!

I saw your pictures on Facebook; looks like you’re having a great time there. O0

Written By: karen on 02/17/22 at 1:34 am

¡Bienviendos a México!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyl7GP_VMJY

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/22 at 5:45 am

I am home alone now
And all is fine
Lots to catch up on
So let's get online

Written By: nally on 02/17/22 at 9:59 pm

I am home alone now
And all is fine
Lots to catch up on
So let's get online

Glad to hear that you’re doing well!
Here tomorrow? Only time will tell.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/22 at 2:05 am

Glad to hear that you’re doing well!
Here tomorrow? Only time will tell.
Thank you.

Definitely not going out to today for there is stormy conditions.

Written By: karen on 02/18/22 at 11:56 am

Just got back from a blustery walk to Lidl. We only got blown to a standstill once.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/22 at 11:59 am

Just got back from a blustery walk to Lidl. We only got blown to a standstill once.
Hopefully no structural damage in your area?

Written By: karen on 02/18/22 at 12:50 pm

Hopefully no structural damage in your area?

Nothing that I am aware of. Our basketball hoop blew over, but it has been known to do that on a normal windy day.

Written By: nally on 02/18/22 at 11:19 pm

Thank you.

Definitely not going out to today for there is stormy conditions.

Yeah...you don't wanna go out in inclement weather.

It isn't like that here, though! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/22 at 12:39 am

Yeah...you don't wanna go out in inclement weather.

It isn't like that here, though! :)
Hopefully be a better day today. I wish for a walk, but rain is expected.

Written By: nally on 02/19/22 at 3:08 pm

Hopefully be a better day today. I wish for a walk, but rain is expected.

I wish you could send some of that rain all the way to here... we're in need of it.

But it is pleasant in southern California today; can't complain there.

Written By: nally on 02/19/22 at 3:09 pm

Anyhoo...this morning I had a tax appointment.

I’ll be getting a refund!! Yay me!

https://c.tenor.com/wxV7WHTVsT0AAAAC/londontipton-yayme.gif

Written By: karen on 02/19/22 at 3:20 pm

Stayed indoors most of today as the weather was still wet and horrible. Dai and I did walk to the shop earlier this evening to buy some extras for dinner.

Tomorrow we are going to Cambridge to meet James, Elizabeth and her boyfriend Paul for lunch. Elizabeth and Paul have been in Cambridge for a rowing regatta.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/21/22 at 11:27 am

Today is my wedding anniversary.  24 years!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/22 at 11:36 am

Congratulations!!!!

The traditional gift for a 24th-anniversary is opal, while the modern gift option is a musical instrument.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/21/22 at 12:49 pm

Congrats!

Congratulations!!!!

The traditional gift for a 24th-anniversary is opal, while the modern gift option is a musical instrument.

A musical instrument with opal inlay would be appropriate. Perhaps a ukulele?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/22 at 1:38 pm

Congrats to you & Hubby. Here's to at least 24 more.

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/21/22 at 1:44 pm

Congratulations

Written By: Contigo on 02/21/22 at 3:38 pm

Happy Anniversary!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/21/22 at 5:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSkBsnfkFA

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/22 at 5:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSkBsnfkFA

When my sister & brother-in-law were celebrating their 25th (with a big party), my nephew (their son) with help from other members of the family put together a comical slide show of their 25 years together using this song.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/21/22 at 10:38 pm

Happy anniversary!!

Next year would be the silver one!

Written By: nally on 02/21/22 at 11:35 pm

As for me...I'm having a Panera lunch with the people in my office tomorrow.

Written By: karen on 02/22/22 at 6:38 am

As for me...I'm having a Panera lunch with the people in my office tomorrow.

Love Panera. Wish we had them here. I think it was the first place we ate lunch at when we were moving to the US

Written By: Howard on 02/22/22 at 7:33 am

Happy Anniversary, How do you plan on celebrating? :)

Written By: nally on 02/22/22 at 7:54 pm

Love Panera. Wish we had them here. I think it was the first place we ate lunch at when we were moving to the US

Thanks. We all had a great time chatting together while eating our food.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/25/22 at 2:08 pm

My poor Elvira is not feeling well and IMO SHOULD go to the vet. However, the road is covered in snow and it is still coming down and I really don't want my chauffeur (Carlos) out in it (not to mention that he doesn't want to go out in it either). So, Elvira has to wait until Monday when they can see her. I just hope she doesn't get any worse by then. She is 15 years old but still my baby. 

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/25/22 at 11:15 pm

My poor Elvira is not feeling well and IMO SHOULD go to the vet. However, the road is covered in snow and it is still coming down and I really don't want my chauffeur (Carlos) out in it (not to mention that he doesn't want to go out in it either). So, Elvira has to wait until Monday when they can see her. I just hope she doesn't get any worse by then. She is 15 years old but still my baby. 

Cat

I hope she doesn't get worse either. Sending prayers your way. (Hopefully the roads won't be snow-covered anymore by then either.)

Written By: Howard on 02/26/22 at 3:38 am

Cat

Hope she gets better.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/22 at 2:11 pm

Elvira has a bladder infection.  :\'( :\'(  She is now on antibiotics so hopefully, it will clear up quickly.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 02/28/22 at 7:49 pm

Happy Anniversary!

Written By: nally on 02/28/22 at 8:03 pm

Elvira has a bladder infection.  :\'( :\'(  She is now on antibiotics so hopefully, it will clear up quickly.

Cat

Sending prayers your way.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/01/22 at 4:34 pm

Cat

Sorry to hear this.  Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/22 at 2:29 pm

After only 3 doses, she seems much better already.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...