inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The year 2022 is MARCHing along. Tell us your news for today.

Written By: nally on 03/01/22 at 12:45 am

Looks like I’ll be starting the March 2022 monthly thread…

White Rabbits!!

Subject: Re: The year 2022 is MARCHing along. Tell us your news for today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/22 at 12:51 am

White Rabbit!

Written By: nally on 03/01/22 at 8:58 pm

Busy day today at work. Now I’m at home celebrating Mardi Gras.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/22 at 2:00 am

Busy day today at work. Now I’m at home celebrating Mardi Gras.
With pancakes?

Written By: nally on 03/02/22 at 7:58 pm

With pancakes?

No. We didn’t make any.

But we do have our colorful bead necklaces and other decor.

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/22 at 6:47 am

March is off to an amazing start for me.  On March 1, I reached out to someone who liked my Facebook Dating profile.  She responded and we ended up having an almost 7 hour chat.  Then the next day, we had another 5 hour chat, and about 2 hours worth of talking on the phone.  It was so wonderful!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/22 at 10:20 am

I have just spent a wonderful day with a friend of mine, have not seen him for over two years. We had a lot to talk about.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/03/22 at 4:06 pm

March is off to an amazing start for me.  On March 1, I reached out to someone who liked my Facebook Dating profile.  She responded and we ended up having an almost 7 hour chat.  Then the next day, we had another 5 hour chat, and about 2 hours worth of talking on the phone.  It was so wonderful!

O0 Sounds wonderful!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/03/22 at 4:07 pm

I have just spent a wonderful day with a friend of mine, have not seen him for over two years. We had a lot to talk about.

O0 It's always good to catch up!

Written By: nally on 03/03/22 at 7:36 pm

Sounds great!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/22 at 6:02 pm

I'm just sitting here (watching cat videos  :D ;D ;D ;D) when I hear a bunch of sirens. My first instinct was, "Uh oh. What happened?" But, then I realized that the cop car was followed by a fire truck, was followed by a school bus, was followed by more fire trucks and then cars all honking. Oh a MINI PARADE!!! My little town always have one of these whenever the high school team has won their championship. Not too sure which one this is but I think it is basketball. Girls? Boys? Who knows. But anyway, YAY TEAM!

Usually, whenever there is a mini parade, I can hear them a ways away and then I can go outside on the porch to cheer them on. But, today, I didn't hear them until they were practically right in front of the house and I am upstairs. I stood in the window waving but I don't know if anyone saw me. Of course I don't know if anyone can see me on the porch either because our porch light is having issues these days. But, that is other story.

Cat

Written By: karen on 03/06/22 at 3:30 pm

Went down to Dai’s mums for the weekend. Cleared a load of stuff from the garage to the tip (dump) and also emptied yet more dinner sets and glasses from random cupboards.

We also had a nice lunch in town yesterday.

Written By: nally on 03/07/22 at 10:26 pm

So...at my office, no one has been selected yet to replace the outgoing person (our "Junior Accountant"), but another interviewee came in today.

Still, everything still seems to be going well at the office.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/08/22 at 1:32 pm

I'm just sitting here (watching cat videos  :D ;D ;D ;D) when I hear a bunch of sirens. My first instinct was, "Uh oh. What happened?" But, then I realized that the cop car was followed by a fire truck, was followed by a school bus, was followed by more fire trucks and then cars all honking. Oh a MINI PARADE!!! My little town always have one of these whenever the high school team has won their championship. Not too sure which one this is but I think it is basketball. Girls? Boys? Who knows. But anyway, YAY TEAM!

Usually, whenever there is a mini parade, I can hear them a ways away and then I can go outside on the porch to cheer them on. But, today, I didn't hear them until they were practically right in front of the house and I am upstairs. I stood in the window waving but I don't know if anyone saw me. Of course I don't know if anyone can see me on the porch either because our porch light is having issues these days. But, that is other story.

Cat

I found out that it was the bowling team. I keep forgetting that we even HAVE a bowling team-and that there are even enough other bowling teams to even have a state championship.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/08/22 at 1:35 pm

I found out that it was the bowling team. I keep forgetting that we even HAVE a bowling team-and that there are even enough other bowling teams to even have a state championship.

Cat

A bowling team has a parade?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/22 at 1:47 pm

Cat

A parade, marching up to the top of the championship?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/08/22 at 1:54 pm

Anytime one of the high school teams win a championship, there is a parade. It usually happens at night after they come home from the event. I think it is nice that they do that for our high school kids.

Two years ago when the pandemic began and everyone was in locked down, they had a parade of the high school graduates. I thought it was really nice. I stood out in my drive way cheering on our graduates (even though I have no idea who any of them are). Don't know if they did it last year because we were on the road when graduation happen. I hope they continue with it.

There are many things about this little town that I absolutely hate, but there are some things that I absolutely love. This is one that I love. So, I will go out and cheer (if I have enough notice to get outside before they pass by) whenever they go by the house-whether I know who they are or not. I'm rooting for the Home Team.

A parade, marching up to the top of the championship?

No. It is just the cops & fire trucks with their sirens blasting. Followed by the bus of the players and the cars from the parents all honking their horns. It is usually dark when this happens.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/22 at 1:56 pm

Anytime one of the high school teams win a championship, there is a parade. It usually happens at night after they come home from the event. I think it is nice that they do that for our high school kids.

Two years ago when the pandemic began and everyone was in locked down, they had a parade of the high school graduates. I thought it was really nice. I stood out in my drive way cheering on our graduates (even though I have no idea who any of them are). Don't know if they did it last year because we were on the road when graduation happen. I hope they continue with it.

There are many things about this little town that I absolutely hate, but there are some things that I absolutely love. This is one that I love. So, I will go out and cheer (if I have enough notice to get outside before they pass by) whenever they go by the house-whether I know who they are or not. I'm rooting for the Home Team.

No. It is just the cops & fire trucks with their sirens blasting. Followed by the bus of the players and the cars from the parents all honking their horns. It is usually dark when this happens.

Cat
But still a march in March?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/08/22 at 2:49 pm

But still a march in March?

Just a drive. No one is marching. The "marching" parade happens at Spring Fling which is the Saturday before Memorial Day. There is always a big todo in the park with vendors & such. We usually have a barbecue and invite friends & family. The parade marches right past the house and we have prime seats. Where we used to live was the beginning of the parade route. This house is at the end of the parade route. 

Spring Fling had been cancelled for the past 2 years. Hopefully, they will have it this year.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/08/22 at 3:43 pm

Cat

Cat, I used to be on a bowling team and I believe our team won 1st and 2nd place and the 3rd one was for participation. In 2003, I decided to stop bowling for good and a year before that I strained my hamstring. I can say that after 4 years, in the first few years I was a house of fire. My bowling ball is now collecting dust in my basement.

Written By: nally on 03/08/22 at 8:12 pm

Cat, I used to be on a bowling team and I believe our team won 1st and 2nd place and the 3rd one was for participation. In 2003, I decided to stop bowling for good and a year before that I strained my hamstring. I can say that after 4 years, in the first few years I was a house of fire. My bowling ball is now collecting dust in my basement.

Good for you! :) As for me, I haven't bowled in several years, but my bowling ball is safely stored in my bowling bag, which is in my closet.

Written By: karen on 03/09/22 at 12:54 pm

A local Polish club has asked for donations to help Ukrainian refugees in Poland. We had a collection at school and will fill a van with all the donations. We have collected loads given we only asked at the weekend.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/22 at 2:36 pm

I used to be in a bowling league-though my work, too WAY back in the dark ages. Our team was called "The Alley Cats" (you can guess who came up with the name.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ) I think my average was something like 120 +/-. Yeah, I wasn't very good. I do remember my highest score EVER-188. Only did that once.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/09/22 at 3:17 pm

I used to be in a bowling league-though my work, too WAY back in the dark ages. Our team was called "The Alley Cats" (you can guess who came up with the name.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ) I think my average was something like 120 +/-. Yeah, I wasn't very good. I do remember my highest score EVER-188. Only did that once.

Cat

My highest was a 184 with strike after strike after strike but I was almost going to get a 200 till I wound up getting a gutter ball.  :(

Written By: nally on 03/09/22 at 10:49 pm

My highest was a 184 with strike after strike after strike but I was almost going to get a 200 till I wound up getting a gutter ball.  :(

The highest score I've ever bowled was 117.

Written By: nally on 03/09/22 at 10:51 pm

So...at my office, no one has been selected yet to replace the outgoing person (our "Junior Accountant"), but another interviewee came in today.

Still, everything still seems to be going well at the office.

There is still no final decision as to who is going to be hired. The woman who is our "Junior Accountant" has only one more week at the office. (However, she has started her new job position, albeit on a part time basis.)

Written By: karen on 03/12/22 at 9:10 am

A local Polish club has asked for donations to help Ukrainian refugees in Poland. We had a collection at school and will fill a van with all the donations. We have collected loads given we only asked at the weekend.

We filled a minibus with al the items we collected. I took it to the community centre on Thursday

Written By: nally on 03/12/22 at 10:43 am

We filled a minibus with al the items we collected. I took it to the community centre on Thursday

Well done! :) O0

Written By: karen on 03/13/22 at 3:02 pm

I mentioned back in November that my uncle had passed away. He was my mother’s brother. Their younger brother is still alive.

Tricky to explain all the circumstances, but my uncle was living in the house that he grew up in (although he had lived elsewhere as an adult). I went round there today with my eldest brother to meet my surviving uncle and one of my cousins. We were looking through the items remaining in the house to see if we wanted any mementoes, and any of the furniture as it all needs to be disposed. I took a silver flower shaped ornament that I remember. A real “of its time” item as the petals come off and turn into individual ash trays! My brother now has a wall clock that we think came from my great grandparents house.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/13/22 at 11:09 pm

Having fun - long weekend in Ohio.  Haven't been on here much while traveling; back home midweek.

Written By: nally on 03/13/22 at 11:10 pm

Having fun - long weekend in Ohio.  Haven't been on here much while traveling; back home midweek.

Glad you're having fun on your travels. Please stay safe! :)

Written By: Howard on 03/14/22 at 3:37 am

Enjoy your time. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/22 at 9:13 am

Happy Pi Day!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/22 at 9:32 am

Please take good care.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/14/22 at 2:14 pm

I mentioned back in November that my uncle had passed away. He was my mother’s brother. Their younger brother is still alive.

Tricky to explain all the circumstances, but my uncle was living in the house that he grew up in (although he had lived elsewhere as an adult). I went round there today with my eldest brother to meet my surviving uncle and one of my cousins. We were looking through the items remaining in the house to see if we wanted any mementoes, and any of the furniture as it all needs to be disposed. I took a silver flower shaped ornament that I remember. A real “of its time” item as the petals come off and turn into individual ash trays! My brother now has a wall clock that we think came from my great grandparents house.

Sad closing out relatives' houses.

I have a friend (actually one of my catsitters). He had an uncle who never married but at one time had a significant other. The significant other passed away years ago. The uncle was pretty much a pack rat and if I recall correctly, not only did he have ONE house but two or three-FULL! Apparently, his parents (my friend's grandparents) had a diner at one time and were known to have a wonderful relish. My friend was hoping for the recipe but dealing with the house(s) that were full, the odds of finding a piece of paper with a recipe on it was almost nonexistent.

He came across a box of photos of the significant other and thought that maybe her family would like them. As he was looking through the box, he opened a photo album and there was the recipe-complete in his grandmother's handwriting. He was just blown away. He couldn't understand why it would be in a box of HER photos. I told him that someone (like his grandmother or the significant other) wanted him to find that.

(BTW, the uncle went to live with my friend & his wife & daughter before he passed away.)

Sorry. I just thought it was one of those strange/unusual stories that needed to be shared.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/15/22 at 9:31 pm

There is still no final decision as to who is going to be hired. The woman who is our "Junior Accountant" has only one more week at the office. (However, she has started her new job position, albeit on a part time basis.)

And today was her final day at our office. It was hard to say goodbye to her, because she was a great person and a great addition to the company. So just my boss and I are going to be in the office until we find a new replacement.

Written By: karen on 03/16/22 at 10:14 am

@Cat weird how that recipe turned up in the most unexpected place.

My dad had been looking for a cake recipe that my mum used to make. That is just scribbled on a slip of paper somewhere as she heard it on a radio programme. I found a book with the recipe in, so all is not lost, but I thoroughly expect to find it somewhere random when we eventually clear his house.

Talking of my dad - he has just tested positive for Covid. He went away for a few days last week and when he got back had a message saying some others in the group had tested positive. So far he feels lethargic and has the symptoms of having a bad cold.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/22 at 10:16 am

@Cat weird how that recipe turned up in the most unexpected place.

My dad had been looking for a cake recipe that my mum used to make. That is just scribbled on a slip of paper somewhere as she heard it on a radio programme. I found a book with the recipe in, so all is not lost, but I thoroughly expect to find it somewhere random when we eventually clear his house.

Talking of my dad - he has just tested positive for Covid. He went away for a few days last week and when he got back had a message saying some others in the group had tested positive. So far he feels lethargic and has the symptoms of having a bad cold.
I wish you father well.

Written By: nally on 03/18/22 at 11:51 pm

Sad closing out relatives' houses.

I have a friend (actually one of my catsitters). He had an uncle who never married but at one time had a significant other. The significant other passed away years ago. The uncle was pretty much a pack rat and if I recall correctly, not only did he have ONE house but two or three-FULL! Apparently, his parents (my friend's grandparents) had a diner at one time and were known to have a wonderful relish. My friend was hoping for the recipe but dealing with the house(s) that were full, the odds of finding a piece of paper with a recipe on it was almost nonexistent.

He came across a box of photos of the significant other and thought that maybe her family would like them. As he was looking through the box, he opened a photo album and there was the recipe-complete in his grandmother's handwriting. He was just blown away. He couldn't understand why it would be in a box of HER photos. I told him that someone (like his grandmother or the significant other) wanted him to find that.

(BTW, the uncle went to live with my friend & his wife & daughter before he passed away.)

Sorry. I just thought it was one of those strange/unusual stories that needed to be shared.

Cat

Wow. Yep, we did similar things when we cleared out my grandparents' homes. Came across a LOT of stuff. But we didn't have stories quite like those. Still, it's sad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/22 at 2:11 pm

Guests arrived on Friday
And here for a stay
I will be back online
As soon as they've gone away

Written By: nally on 03/21/22 at 7:57 pm

Still no word on who’s gonna replace the woman whose last day was a week ago. Another prospective candidate came in for an interview last Thursday; this makes at least half a dozen people who’ve come in for interviews. And my boss needs to evaluate each one carefully before she makes a final decision.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/22 at 1:08 am

I had hoped to be online today, but now I have some workmen in, so when they go I will be back.

Written By: nally on 03/22/22 at 9:20 am

I had hoped to be online today, but now I have some workmen in, so when they go I will be back.

Glad you were able to briefly drop in. Take care in all you do. :)

Written By: nally on 03/25/22 at 9:47 pm

Still no word on who’s gonna replace the woman whose last day was a week ago. Another prospective candidate came in for an interview last Thursday; this makes at least half a dozen people who’ve come in for interviews. And my boss needs to evaluate each one carefully before she makes a final decision.

So, after a full week of just my boss and me in the office, there is still no official new person. Still, I learned to do some new tasks, and my boss said she really appreciates my assistance as she tries to find a new employee.

Written By: nally on 03/26/22 at 9:27 pm

Our next door neighbor is retiring from the navy, so his family invited us to his celebration. So we went, and managed to talk with him for a short while, ate some food, and eventually came back home. There were plenty of people there; perhaps our neighbor knows lots of folks.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/27/22 at 11:24 pm

Our next door neighbor is retiring from the navy, so his family invited us to his celebration. So we went, and managed to talk with him for a short while, ate some food, and eventually came back home. There were plenty of people there; perhaps our neighbor knows lots of folks.

O0 Sounds fun!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/27/22 at 11:28 pm

Had a "house full" of people over this evening, I was the food committee, felt SO busy!  :o  Done, now I can finally relax...

Written By: Howard on 03/28/22 at 3:44 am

Had a "house full" of people over this evening, I was the food committee, felt SO busy!  :o  Done, now I can finally relax...

Was there a party going on?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/22 at 12:02 pm

Oh a party!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/22 at 12:03 pm

Back online after a long weekend with family and doing other things.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/28/22 at 12:11 pm

O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/22 at 12:14 pm

O0

Thank you.

I trust you kept safe at the party you had?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/28/22 at 12:20 pm

Was there a party going on?

Oh a party!

Not exactly a party.  A group of us get together every couple weeks at each other's homes; we rotate.  Whoever's turn it is to host puts out a spread for everybody.  Yesterday was our turn.  As there are now ten of us (up from six), had to put out a little more food and drink.  The friends are from church.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/28/22 at 2:34 pm

Had a nice time yesterday. Carlos & I went to the college to see a play-A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder. It was the last performance for the director who is retiring. Once again, he hit a home run. Whoever takes his place is going to have some mighty big shoes to fill.

We are hoping that we can still get together with him. Not only is he a great director, he is also a really nice guy. 

As I was watching the play, it reminded me of a Sir Alec Guinness movie that I couldn't recall the name of at the time. After I got home, I looked it up-Kind Hearts & Coronets. Come to find out they were both (movie & play) were based on the same book. The guy in the play who played the Sir Alec part was OUTSTANDING!!!

As we were waiting for the play to start, whenever we go to see a play there, I'm always looking around to see if there is anyone we know. It was really hard to tell because everyone was wearing masks. I said to Carlos what we should do is just wave at EVERYONE who looks our way as if we know them. Then they would be wondering, "Who are they? Do I know them?"  :D ;D ;D ;D

After the play, we went out to dinner.

I so miss the theatre.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/28/22 at 3:14 pm

Not exactly a party.  A group of us get together every couple weeks at each other's homes; we rotate.  Whoever's turn it is to host puts out a spread for everybody.  Yesterday was our turn.  As there are now ten of us (up from six), had to put out a little more food and drink.  The friends are from church.

What foods do you serve?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/28/22 at 4:03 pm

What foods do you serve?

Assortment of appetizers.  Yesterday we had homemade bbq meatballs, homemade pub cheese spread with crackers, home cut veggie tray w/ homemade dip, my renowned homemade apple dip w/ cut apples, homemade lemon squares, fresh baked cookies, plus a few store-boughts (Gardettos, m&ms, deluxe mixed nuts).  That, and assorted soft drinks.  Of course I have to make sure we have plates, cups, ice, et cetera - all my department.  I usually do all the shopping too.  Hubby doesn't help too much with food (he doesn't cook) but he helps a lot with cleaning and setting up.  Plus he's usually in charge of the all-important group meeting agenda.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/28/22 at 4:07 pm

Assortment of appetizers.  Yesterday we had homemade bbq meatballs, homemade pub cheese spread with crackers, home cut veggie tray w/ homemade dip, my renowned homemade apple dip w/ cut apples, homemade lemon squares, fresh baked cookies, plus a few store-boughts (Gardettos, m&ms, deluxe mixed nuts).  That, and assorted soft drinks.  Of course I have to make sure we have plates, cups, ice, et cetera - all my department.  I usually do all the shopping too.  Hubby doesn't help too much with food (he doesn't cook) but he helps a lot with cleaning and setting up.  Plus he's usually in charge of the all-important group meeting agenda.

I am very disappointed. You didn't tell me what time to be there.  >:(

;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/28/22 at 4:09 pm

I am very disappointed. You didn't tell me what time to be there.  >:(

;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

My bad!  ;D

Written By: nally on 03/28/22 at 10:44 pm

O0 Sounds fun!

Yes, it's nice to have neighbors that you get along well with. :) This family has known us for the past 21+ years (when our respective houses were brand new). They've invited us to a few of their gatherings, such as when one of them has a birthday, or another special event. In addition, when I graduated from college in 2008, we invited them to my party (and they came and had a good time).

Written By: nally on 03/28/22 at 10:46 pm

Well that's really great. Must've been a party weekend for various folks!

Sounds like it was really great. O0

Written By: nally on 03/28/22 at 10:46 pm

We missed ya. I hope you had a nice time with them. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/28/22 at 11:05 pm

Well that's really great. Must've been a party weekend for various folks!

Sounds like it was really great. O0

It was a very good gathering - but tiring.  The food turned out good.  Today has been an easy day.

Written By: nally on 03/28/22 at 11:07 pm

It was a very good gathering - but tiring.  The food turned out good.  Today has been an easy day.

I would imagine so, given all the preparation and cleanup that had to get done.

And today I had to drive to and from work...in the rain.

Written By: nally on 03/28/22 at 11:17 pm

And today I had to drive to and from work...in the rain.

And on that note...I left the house earlier than usual, because I anticipated that the roads would be slick, and I wanted to allow myself more time to get to the office. And I'm glad I did.

While I was on the road, there were a few places where the traffic ran slowly...including one spot in Camarillo that seemed to attract lookie-loos. The back end of an automobile was partially over the side of the road...and I recognised the plate! (The car belonged to the man who is in charge of the office suite below mine! He also commutes a long distance to work via Highway 101, just like I do.) I don't know how his car got like that (edit: it was apparently a spinout, according to a site I found that lists incidents for each day), but in the three seconds it took me to get past that point, I saw him getting out, and it seemed like he himself was okay. (He eventually arrived at the office building at least an hour late, in a different car; probably his wife's car.)

Written By: Howard on 03/29/22 at 3:58 am

I'm so hungry just reading that.  ;D

Written By: karen on 03/29/22 at 11:48 am

Busy few days, which is why I haven’t been on line.

As most of you know I work in a school, and we broke up for our Easter holiday on Friday. Our school always has a church service on the last day of this term to celebrate the legacy of our founder. This year only the upper two year groups went to church, everyone else joined in the service online. School then finishes at noon. After the students have left the staff have a founders lunch. Again this is usually all staff together, but this year due to catering staffing issues we had a slightly less formal meal and not everyone came.

Afterwards some of us went out to the pub, as one of our teachers is leaving. Quite a few drinks were consumed and eventually we ended up at my colleagues house, and we sent out for pizza.

On Saturday I drove down to my mother in laws house. Dai and James went down on Thursday in a hired van to move some furniture up to our other house. Then we had a busy few days packing up the house, moving unwanted items to either charity shops or the dump. Despite knowing a couple of months ago that it would be this weekend she would be leaving, it seems like my mother in law only started packing at the end of last week. Even last night she opened a cupboard and found several coats and jackets she had forgotten about!

We drove home today, unloaded the van (moved her bed, riser chair, set of drawers and several suitcases of clothing). She is currently asleep in the chair.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/22 at 12:00 pm

Busy few days, which is why I haven’t been on line.

As most of you know I work in a school, and we broke up for our Easter holiday on Friday. Our school always has a church service on the last day of this term to celebrate the legacy of our founder. This year only the upper two year groups went to church, everyone else joined in the service online. School then finishes at noon. After the students have left the staff have a founders lunch. Again this is usually all staff together, but this year due to catering staffing issues we had a slightly less formal meal and not everyone came.

Afterwards some of us went out to the pub, as one of our teachers is leaving. Quite a few drinks were consumed and eventually we ended up at my colleagues house, and we sent out for pizza.

On Saturday I drove down to my mother in laws house. Dai and James went down on Thursday in a hired van to move some furniture up to our other house. Then we had a busy few days packing up the house, moving unwanted items to either charity shops or the dump. Despite knowing a couple of months ago that it would be this weekend she would be leaving, it seems like my mother in law only started packing at the end of last week. Even last night she opened a cupboard and found several coats and jackets she had forgotten about!

We drove home today, unloaded the van (moved her bed, riser chair, set of drawers and several suitcases of clothing). She is currently asleep in the chair.

That packing up business sounds like quite the chore!  Best wishes for that.  Glad you got to enjoy the school celebrations beforehand.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/22 at 2:54 pm

For the past couple of days I have been waiting for an order that I made. Come to find out I DIDN'T make the order. No wonder why it hadn't arrived.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/22 at 3:53 pm

Had a nice time yesterday. Carlos & I went to the college to see a play-A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder. It was the last performance for the director who is retiring. Once again, he hit a home run. Whoever takes his place is going to have some mighty big shoes to fill.

We are hoping that we can still get together with him. Not only is he a great director, he is also a really nice guy. 

As I was watching the play, it reminded me of a Sir Alec Guinness movie that I couldn't recall the name of at the time. After I got home, I looked it up-Kind Hearts & Coronets. Come to find out they were both (movie & play) were based on the same book. The guy in the play who played the Sir Alec part was OUTSTANDING!!!

As we were waiting for the play to start, whenever we go to see a play there, I'm always looking around to see if there is anyone we know. It was really hard to tell because everyone was wearing masks. I said to Carlos what we should do is just wave at EVERYONE who looks our way as if we know them. Then they would be wondering, "Who are they? Do I know them?"  :D ;D ;D ;D

After the play, we went out to dinner.

I so miss the theatre.

Cat

O0 Sounds like quite the nice outing!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/22 at 3:54 pm

For the past couple of days I have been waiting for an order that I made. Come to find out I DIDN'T make the order. No wonder why it hadn't arrived.

Cat

I've done that too...  ;)

Written By: nally on 03/29/22 at 7:54 pm

Cat

I've done that too...  ;)

That happens...

Written By: nally on 03/30/22 at 11:52 pm

Still no word on a new person for our office...but my boss and I are getting by just fine in the office. She has been showing me a few new things to temporarily handle while she continues to find a new employee (to replace the woman who left two weeks ago). It has been especially busy this week, with the end of the month (and quarter) this Thursday. Still, today I managed to get done everything I needed to accomplish.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/31/22 at 1:02 pm

The other day, I was having some sinus issues (nothing unusual about that.) I had my massage on Tuesday and man were my sinuses going haywire. I didn't think anything of it because having a massage moves things around and after a while, they go back to normal-but even better. But, yesterday morning I woke up and it was like my sinuses were running a marathon. Is it possible that I could have caught a cold? We went out on Sunday (3 days prior) to the play & dinner but we had masks on for most of the time (except for a bit at the restaurant).

This morning the sinuses are still on a marathon only today I feel feverish. I checked my temp and it said it was normal. I kept checking and it still said normal. I tried a different thermometer. Yup-sure enough, I am burning a low-grade fever. So, now I'm wondering if this is really a cold or the dreaded Covid.  :-\\  I still have smell & taste but it is diminished because my sinuses are out of wack. 

I don't know. We don't have a test to know one way or the other. Carlos is going to go to Walgreens later and hopefully they have a test. This will be the very first Covid test that I take. I didn't study for it so I hope I do ok.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/31/22 at 2:47 pm

The other day, I was having some sinus issues (nothing unusual about that.) I had my massage on Tuesday and man were my sinuses going haywire. I didn't think anything of it because having a massage moves things around and after a while, they go back to normal-but even better. But, yesterday morning I woke up and it was like my sinuses were running a marathon. Is it possible that I could have caught a cold? We went out on Sunday (3 days prior) to the play & dinner but we had masks on for most of the time (except for a bit at the restaurant).

This morning the sinuses are still on a marathon only today I feel feverish. I checked my temp and it said it was normal. I kept checking and it still said normal. I tried a different thermometer. Yup-sure enough, I am burning a low-grade fever. So, now I'm wondering if this is really a cold or the dreaded Covid.  :-\\  I still have smell & taste but it is diminished because my sinuses are out of wack. 

I don't know. We don't have a test to know one way or the other. Carlos is going to go to Walgreens later and hopefully they have a test. This will be the very first Covid test that I take. I didn't study for it so I hope I do ok.

Cat

You know Cat, I still have my taste and I don't have COVID at all and my past few tests have all been negative and I still can't smell much of anything so I don't know if the problem has something to do with up there in my nose and it's been a long time since I had a cold, it's like something doesn't smell like they're supposed to smell if you know what I'm talking about, Maybe I need a nasal spray or something like that.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/31/22 at 2:51 pm

You know Cat, I still have my taste and I don't have COVID at all and my past few tests have all been negative and I still can't smell much of anything so I don't know if the problem has something to do with up there in my nose and it's been a long time since I had a cold, it's like something doesn't smell like they're supposed to smell if you know what I'm talking about, Maybe I need a nasal spray or something like that.

Don't self-diagnose. Go to a doctor. Lack of smell could be a symptom of something. I take it you've got some kind of insurance? (Yes or no answer is fine, no need to go into detail).

Written By: Howard on 03/31/22 at 2:57 pm

Don't self-diagnose. Go to a doctor. Lack of smell could be a symptom of something. I take it you've got some kind of insurance? (Yes or no answer is fine, no need to go into detail).

Yes I do have insurance and no I won't self diagnose my situation cause I wouldn't know myself what it is that I'm experiencing. My Parents had a bit of The COVID last year so I must be a carrier.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/31/22 at 3:48 pm

My very first Covid test is negative (YAY!)-that is if I did it correctly. That just means that I have some kind of bug. Hopefully, it won't last too long.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/31/22 at 10:12 pm

My very first Covid test is negative (YAY!)-that is if I did it correctly. That just means that I have some kind of bug. Hopefully, it won't last too long.

Cat

Yayyy! for sure. O0 Congrats.

Written By: nally on 03/31/22 at 10:24 pm

Anyways... today I was one hour late for work this morning. Here's why:

I was driving on the freeway (US 101) towards my office when suddenly I sensed something ain't quite right. There was lotsa pressure on the left front wheel. 'Oh no, I must have a flat!' I was thinking. So I got off the freeway and found a parking lot to pull into so that I could stop safely and turn off the car. Sure enough, the left front tire was deflated. So then I called my parents to let them know of this; my mom answered the phone and sent my dad to come help me change the tire. While I was waiting for him to arrive, I called my boss to let her know what was happening. She knows that I have to drive a long distance to the office; I told her that I would for sure be late; I just didn't know when I'd arrive. I also called Triple-A in case my dad and I were unable to change the tire. By 8am, my dad arrived at the location where I was stopped; he and I got out all the tools (and the spare). While we were doing the procedure, I called the Auto Club back and cancelled the service request because we had it under control. Still, we eventually got the spare on. The tire had a hole in it; this is because, as we eventually found out...the set of tires was beyond its warranty. So, my dad gave me the key for the car he and my mom normally drive, I gave him my car key, and by 8:30 I was back on the road again...while my dad drove my car (with the spare) to the tire shop.
I arrived at my office at 9am; 15 minutes later (after I got settled) I texted my mom to let her know I safely got to the office. And things were very busy at the office today; it was the last day of the month so my boss and I had plenty of things to accomplish. We both eventually left the office at 4:45pm (15 minutes later than my usual end time). I eventually got home close to 6pm because I stopped to fill the gas tank in my parents' car; it was getting kinda low.

So today was kindof a crazy day! :o

Written By: Howard on 04/01/22 at 3:35 am

Cat

That's wonderful. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...