inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your last dream?

Written By: Dude111 on 04/13/22 at 5:07 pm

My last dream was:

I was outside and these mean/nasty neaighbours were leaving,I think moving out....... In reality they moved out last year......

What was your last dream dues??

Subject: Re: What was your last dream?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 11:42 am

If I told you my dreams, we will be up all night. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/grin.gif

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/14/22 at 12:00 pm

If I told you my dreams, we will be up all night. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/grin.gif

"If my thought dreams could be seen
They'd put my head in a guillotine"
-Bob Dylan
"It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 12:45 pm

"Is there another Life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be we cannot be created for this sort of suffering." - John Keats

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/14/22 at 1:03 pm

"Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep--
He hath awakened from the dream of life--
'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep
With phantoms an unprofitable strife,
And in mad trance, strike with our spirit's knife
Invulnerable nothings.--We decay
Like corpses in a charnel; fear and grief
Convulse us and consume us day by day,
And cold hopes swarm like worms within our living clay."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
"Adonais: An Elegy on the Death of John Keats"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 1:12 pm

“We are all made of dreams, and our life stretches from sleep before birth to sleep after death.” -
- The Tempest: Act 4 Scene 1 William Shakespeare.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/14/22 at 1:39 pm

"Life is but a dream"
-"Row, Row, Row Your Boat"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 1:54 pm

“Dreams are constructed from the residue of yesterday.” - Sigmund Freud

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/14/22 at 4:16 pm

"Dreams are nothing more than wishes and a wish is just a dream you wish to come true".

~Harry Nilsson

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 4:19 pm

"Well, I have a dream too, but it’s about singing and dancing and making people happy. It’s the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And I found a whole group of friends who have the same dream, and that makes us sort of like a family." - Kermit the Frog. THe Muppet Movie

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/22 at 10:37 pm

I dreamt that Philip Eno was captured by Scooby Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang and when Fred pulled off his mask, he was Charles Babbage this whole time

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/22 at 12:47 am

I dreamt that Philip Eno was captured by Scooby Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang and when Fred pulled off his mask, he was Charles Babbage this whole time
Thank you for the compliment.

I have never dreamt on being online here, but many times had dreams of old work places and work colleagues, and soon easily forget about them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/20/22 at 1:51 pm

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/22 at 1:55 pm

I am not seeking revenge n my dream tonight!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 04/21/22 at 6:29 pm

"Life is but a dream"
-"Row, Row, Row Your Boat"

Ah man!!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/21/22 at 8:47 pm

Ah man!!

;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/22/22 at 9:03 am

To sleep- perchance to dream...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/22 at 9:49 am

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/22/22 at 10:18 am

"All I have to do is dream"

Of course people know The Everly Brothers version. But how many people remember THIS version?

https://i.discogs.com/6M2PKkUEblfdP6Rmtc_jS5y5hx-qNKCRS_3LHkHaJ8I/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:597/w:600/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTEwMjEy/NjMtMTM0OTQyOTUx/NC0zNDQ3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/22 at 10:26 am

"An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head." - Emil Zatopek

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/22 at 1:08 pm

Dream on-Dream until the dream come true.

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/22/22 at 4:11 pm

I was sat outside at work eating lunch with some colleagues. I knew it was at work but the view was through the fence onto the road as it would appear from a nearby park. We were watching the traffic go past and waiting for a steam traction engine that we thought was nearby. Suddenly several police motorbikes roared past, followed by a strange shaped orangey yellow van. Then a lorry with a traction engine on the back drove past really quickly. We were disappointed as to how quickly it went past. Then there was something about cars driving the wrong way up the road and some of them nearly crashing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/22 at 5:34 pm

I was sat outside at work eating lunch with some colleagues. I knew it was at work but the view was through the fence onto the road as it would appear from a nearby park. We were watching the traffic go past and waiting for a steam traction engine that we thought was nearby. Suddenly several police motorbikes roared past, followed by a strange shaped orangey yellow van. Then a lorry with a traction engine on the back drove past really quickly. We were disappointed as to how quickly it went past. Then there was something about cars driving the wrong way up the road and some of them nearly crashing.

You are disappointed in something that you were anticipating that was over too soon and didn't happen the way you had hoped (a vacation? a visit?).

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 04/23/22 at 12:21 am

My last dream was I was having some trouible with friends and other people were lying to them to try and get them to hate me........ I talked to them and told them it was all lies,I wouldnt do that........

They felt better about me after that...

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/23/22 at 8:59 am

One of my 2 recurring dreams is that I registered for a college class and forgot about it, never attended and finally realized that I took it.  At that point I always wake up

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/23/22 at 9:33 am

One of my 2 recurring dreams is that I registered for a college class and forgot about it, never attended and finally realized that I took it.  At that point I always wake up

That's one of those archetype dreams that many people have in one variation or another. Not attending a class all semester, and thus being unprepared for a test, not being able to find a class, etc. There is also the archetype of being back in school (be it high school, college, even grammar school), and not knowing why. Or the realization that one is still in school and can't figure out why.

When we were actually in school some kind of anxiety must have gotten deep into our psyche. I'm not surprised.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/22 at 2:14 pm

That's one of those archetype dreams that many people have in one variation or another. Not attending a class all semester, and thus being unprepared for a test, not being able to find a class, etc. There is also the archetype of being back in school (be it high school, college, even grammar school), and not knowing why. Or the realization that one is still in school and can't figure out why.

When we were actually in school some kind of anxiety must have gotten deep into our psyche. I'm not surprised.

Also, opening night for a play and not knowing your lines or not know the choreography to a dance that you are supposed to be preforming. The same principle, different situation. It all means that you have anxiety about not being prepared for something (a project your are working on, a job interview, etc.).

Cat 

Written By: Dude111 on 04/23/22 at 3:43 pm

Cat do you know the possible meaning of my last dream?? (A few replies up)

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/24/22 at 9:43 am

My other recurring dream is that I cant find my car and I'm walking around the Rutgers campus looking for it (I went to Rutgers)

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/22 at 4:17 am

"All I have to do is dream"

Of course people know The Everly Brothers version. But how many people remember THIS version?

https://i.discogs.com/6M2PKkUEblfdP6Rmtc_jS5y5hx-qNKCRS_3LHkHaJ8I/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:597/w:600/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTEwMjEy/NjMtMTM0OTQyOTUx/NC0zNDQ3LmpwZWc.jpeg

That version was a Top 40 hit here in Canada and I remember it well

Written By: Contigo on 04/27/22 at 9:27 am

Last night I had the strangest dream, I sailed away to China, in a little row boat to find ya
And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned...didn't want no one to hold you
What does that mean?  ??? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/22 at 10:01 am

I dreamed a dream in times gone by, when hope was high and life worth living, I dreamed, that love would never die, I dreamed that God would be forgiving, then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted, there was no ransom to be paid, no song unsung, no wine untasted.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/26/22 at 7:11 pm

I last dreamed I was in an elevator zooming to the top floor of the building which was 55..... (I saw the 55 in the elevator)

When I got to that floor it was like a game room.... People were sitting about playing different games..... Then I remember coming back down and almost missing my mom/dad,they were leaving and my mum called out my name...... (My mum passed 3 weeks ago or so now :()

Check for new replies or respond here...