inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Perpetual Calendar

Written By: Dude111 on 06/23/22 at 1:17 pm

http://web.archive.org/web/20011218052512/http://www.vpcalendar.net/20th_21st.html

This is quite interesting!!!!!

Subject: Re: Perpetual Calendar

Written By: nally on 06/23/22 at 7:54 pm

I actually figured out the pattern for it (that is, how often the calendar setup repeats and how the leap years affect the cycle, etc) a long time ago.

Subject: Perpetual Calendar

Written By: Dude111 on 06/25/22 at 10:45 am

Ya its very interesting........ Not very useful but interesting.....

Written By: karen on 06/25/22 at 11:43 am

I actually figured out the pattern for it (that is, how often the calendar setup repeats and how the leap years affect the cycle, etc) a long time ago.

A former colleague uses these principles for his calendars at work. He has a set of eleven (I think it is) that he just uses as appropriate. I remember noticing that his calendar dated from 1972, but it was sometime late eighties/early nineties. I know it was January and he said something about it not working after February, so he would switch to another old calendar

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/22 at 11:46 am

I have a friend of a friend of mine who can work out which day of the week it was when you tell him the required date. I know there is a formula for it, but never got round to learning it.

Written By: nally on 08/03/22 at 11:46 pm

I have a friend of a friend of mine who can work out which day of the week it was when you tell him the required date. I know there is a formula for it, but never got round to learning it.

Yes, there is some sort of formula...which is a bit complicated to explain, but I remember figuring out the pattern when I was a kid.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/22 at 1:08 am

Yes, there is some sort of formula...which is a bit complicated to explain, but I remember figuring out the pattern when I was a kid.
On reflection, I can, majority of the time, recall on what day of the week an event happened, and I am very good at recalling a year for when a film or song was first released.

Check for new replies or respond here...