inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Monthly thread for August 2022

Written By: nally on 08/01/22 at 9:05 am

The year is flying by.. welcome to the month of August!!

White rabbits!

Subject: Re: Monthly thread for August 2022

Written By: Howard on 08/01/22 at 2:42 pm

My Parents celebrate their 53rd anniversary this Wednesday. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/22 at 3:34 pm

White rabbits!

Update: My family are still with me, and it is hard to be online when being a childminder. All is fine.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/01/22 at 3:45 pm

Talked to a woman who will get a me a trap for my wayward cat. Hopefully, she will be back home VERY soon.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/01/22 at 8:12 pm

White rabbits!

Update: My family are still with me, and it is hard to be online when being a childminder. All is fine.

Glad to hear.

Written By: nally on 08/01/22 at 8:13 pm

As for me, I was swamped at work today. It was one of those days when I had lotsa stuff on my plate and not enough time to complete it all. Sometimes the beginning of the month can be like that.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/02/22 at 12:14 pm

Had a good time in Ohio seeing family.  Got back home last night.  Had an uneventful journey both ways - thanks for all the well wishes!  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/02/22 at 2:39 pm

Had a good time in Ohio seeing family.  Got back home last night.  Had an uneventful journey both ways - thanks for all the well wishes!  :)

I guess after all that traveling, you probably need a nap now? ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/22 at 1:55 pm

SHE'S HOME! SHE'S HOME!!!

Last night, the woman came and set up a couple of traps. She used tuna & catnip. When she arrived, Josette was sitting right there but ran. The woman waited but Josette outwaited her. She left. We checked the traps before going to bed. Nothing.

This morning I was expecting to see Josette in the trap. The trap worked. Unfortunately, it was the WRONG CAT!  :o  I went outside to let this orange tom out from the trap. He made it clear that he was not a happy camper and complained VERY loudly. It took me a while to figure out how to open the trap. When I finally opened it, he didn't realized and just went on yowling. I had to "pour" him out of the trap.

The woman came back about 8:30 or so this morning. She showed me how to set the trap. I took it close to Josette's "hideyhole." I used her food that I likes. When the woman said tuna, I wasn't too sure if that would work because I don't know if Josette even likes tuna. I told you she is a mental cat.

So, we started talking. I think we were talking for about 10 minutes or so when she said, "Was that the trap?" I didn't hear it. We went around and sure enough, there was Josette spinning around and around in the cage. I brought her in and opened the cage (with difficulty) in the living room. She ran and hid somewhere but she was INSIDE!

I said good-bye to the woman and gave her a donation to her organization. As I was reading the Washington Post like I do every morning, Josette comes up to me and was just all over me. She is VERY happy to be home.

I was very grateful that throughout this ordeal, she pretty much stayed in the yard. It is like she was stuck in her mind. She knew home was close but she didn't know how to get there. But she was afraid that she ran every time I would come close.

But, she is HOME! YAY!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/03/22 at 2:21 pm

Last night, the woman came and set up a couple of traps. She used tuna & catnip. When she arrived, Josette was sitting right there but ran. The woman waited but Josette outwaited her. She left. We checked the traps before going to bed. Nothing.

This morning I was expecting to see Josette in the trap. The trap worked. Unfortunately, it was the WRONG CAT!  :o  I went outside to let this orange tom out from the trap. He made it clear that he was not a happy camper and complained VERY loudly. It took me a while to figure out how to open the trap. When I finally opened it, he didn't realized and just went on yowling. I had to "pour" him out of the trap.

The woman came back about 8:30 or so this morning. She showed me how to set the trap. I took it close to Josette's "hideyhole." I used her food that I likes. When the woman said tuna, I wasn't too sure if that would work because I don't know if Josette even likes tuna. I told you she is a mental cat.

So, we started talking. I think we were talking for about 10 minutes or so when she said, "Was that the trap?" I didn't hear it. We went around and sure enough, there was Josette spinning around and around in the cage. I brought her in and opened the cage (with difficulty) in the living room. She ran and hid somewhere but she was INSIDE!

I said good-bye to the woman and gave her a donation to her organization. As I was reading the Washington Post like I do every morning, Josette comes up to me and was just all over me. She is VERY happy to be home.

I was very grateful that throughout this ordeal, she pretty much stayed in the yard. It is like she was stuck in her mind. She knew home was close but she didn't know how to get there. But she was afraid that she ran every time I would come close.

Cat

That's wonderful news, glad to hear she's back home. :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/22 at 3:34 pm

Cat

That's great news! But any idea WHY she wasn't coming home when she was obviously close enough the whole time? There's no figuring cats out. Maybe she found a boyfriend.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/22 at 4:07 pm

That's great news! But any idea WHY she wasn't coming home when she was obviously close enough the whole time? There's no figuring cats out. Maybe she found a boyfriend.  :D

My sister said that maybe it was the orange tom. Sis said that Josette probably flirted with him. I told her that I couldn't see Josette flirting with the tom but the tom flirting with Josette. "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

Yup. Out all the mental cats I have had, she is the mentalest. I don't think she is going to let us sleep tonight.

Cat

Written By: karen on 08/03/22 at 4:24 pm

Great news Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/03/22 at 4:26 pm

SHE'S HOME! SHE'S HOME!!! ...

Cat

So glad to hear this, Cat!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/22 at 6:02 pm

My sister said that maybe it was the orange tom. Sis said that Josette probably flirted with him. I told her that I couldn't see Josette flirting with the tom but the tom flirting with Josette. "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

Yup. Out all the mental cats I have had, she is the mentalest. I don't think she is going to let us sleep tonight.

Cat

Is she spayed? Otherwise you're about to have a lot of little kittens around.

Written By: nally on 08/03/22 at 8:43 pm

Cat

Glad you are reunited with your Josette now. O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/22 at 9:57 pm

Of course she is.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/03/22 at 10:43 pm

Of course she is.

Cat

That's good.

When we got our Chloe from the chihuahua rescue in January of 2003, the people in charge there made sure that she was spayed before we adopted her. Needless to say, she'd had two litters before she got rescued. (Her previous owners didn't take good care of her. But we gave her a very good life.)

Written By: Contigo on 08/04/22 at 10:07 am

Cat

We're gonna break out the hats and hooters
When Josette comes home
We're gonna rev up the motor scooters
When Josette comes home to stay
We're gonna park in the street....

When Josette comes home
So good
She's the pride of the neighborhood
She's the raw flame
The live wire

Steely Dan - Josie.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/04/22 at 10:36 am

"Josette's Music Box"
Dark Shadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ZTOcESdHE

Written By: karen on 08/04/22 at 12:46 pm

Not done much so far this month.

Next week we (Dai, me, James, Elizabeth and her boyfriend Paul) are going to the Lake District for a week. Five days of orienteering. Hoping for good weather. Dai’s mum is staying here, and we have someone coming in for an hour a day to check on her/help cook a meal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/22 at 2:14 pm

We're gonna break out the hats and hooters
When Josette comes home
We're gonna rev up the motor scooters
When Josette comes home to stay
We're gonna park in the street....

When Josette comes home
So good
She's the pride of the neighborhood
She's the raw flame
The live wire

Steely Dan - Josie.

Ode To Josette

Little Jo Peep won't let us sleep when she wants us to pet her.
She comes up at night, after we turn out the light
With her little "peep" and a purr.

She totally ignores us during the day.
But at night she has a lot to say.
"Pet me, Mommy. Pet me, Daddy.
Because I am NOT going to go away."

I lie on my belly when I hit the sack.
She walks up my legs, my butt and my back.
There on my back she will just stand.
After a few moments, "PEEP" she will demand.

I reach around to give her a pet.
The first of her demands have been met.

She will give me a massage by marching in place.
Or she will comb my hair or put her paw on my face.

Her little "Peep" and purr are hard to hear.
Except when she puts her nose in my ear.

She pushes her nose under my arm.
Because she knows that will work like a charm.

She will head for my feet with one last "Peep."
Little Josette is ready for sleep.
But don't worry that is this end of her fun.
She will do it all over again before the night is done.

Inspired by actually events.  :D ;D ;D

She has been all over us-especially last night. She is VERY happy to be home.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/04/22 at 10:04 pm

Ode To Josette

Cat

Aww, that's really sweet. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/22 at 12:20 am

Hello all!

Hopefully I am back online for the next few days.

I have had a wonderful childminding my granddaughter.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/22 at 12:21 am

Ode To Josette

Cat
Sounds like a new song for me.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/22 at 3:52 am

Hello all!

Hopefully I am back online for the next few days.

I have had a wonderful childminding my granddaughter.

Welcome Back. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/22 at 4:01 am

Welcome Back. :)
Thank you, and I just fancy a day at home doing nothing...

Written By: karen on 08/05/22 at 5:31 am

I had a dental check up this morning. Mostly ok, but I have to have an extraction. It is now a crown that has had a root canal filling years ago. I think I had the crown done about 25 years ago. For the past couple of years it has had a low level infection in it. The crown is also wobbly. I am going to have it all removed in a couple of weeks time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/22 at 7:00 am

I had a dental check up this morning. Mostly ok, but I have to have an extraction. It is now a crown that has had a root canal filling years ago. I think I had the crown done about 25 years ago. For the past couple of years it has had a low level infection in it. The crown is also wobbly. I am going to have it all removed in a couple of weeks time.
The last time I had to have an extraction, in fact a double extraction and one of the teeth was near a nerve. My dentist said it looked complicated so I was referred to a hospital, and all in all, it all went well, with the best treatment I have ever had.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/22 at 2:39 pm

The last time I had to have an extraction, in fact a double extraction and one of the teeth was near a nerve. My dentist said it looked complicated so I was referred to a hospital, and all in all, it all went well, with the best treatment I have ever had.

The last time I had an extraction was 6 years ago when 2 of my wisdom teeth had to be taken out.

Written By: nally on 08/05/22 at 7:51 pm

The last time I had an extraction was 6 years ago when 2 of my wisdom teeth had to be taken out.

I had all 4 of mine taken out 22 years ago, because they all grew into my mouth awkwardly.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/22 at 2:11 pm

I had 8 teeth taken out when I was a teen. 4 were baby and the others were under the baby so they dug them out. (I was awake for that.) That was followed by 2 & 1/2 years of braces. Before getting them pulled, the dentist told me that I had a small mouth. I told him that I know A LOT of people who would disagree with him on that.  :D ;D ;D

Then I had 3 of my wisdom teeth taken out when I was in my 20s. The 4th never grew in. (They knocked me out for that.)

I have a tooth that broke a few times and the dentist put it back together with superglue and duct tape. I am sure that will have to have a crown before long because it is SUPER sensitive. Then this last dentist visit, he sent me to a specialist because one of my bottom front teeth didn't look right. Sure enough, it is dying from the inside. I was told that right now nothing will be done-just watch it and baby it. Once it finally dies, then I will need an implant (cha-ching!). GUARANTEED-it will die on a weekend-even worse, a holiday weekend!

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/06/22 at 6:14 pm

That was followed by 2 & 1/2 years of braces.

Cat

I had them for that long as well.

Written By: nally on 08/06/22 at 6:15 pm

Anyways, I have been taking it easy for today.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/22 at 3:28 am

I had them for that long as well.

I've worn braces during the late 1980's.

Written By: nally on 08/07/22 at 1:16 pm

I've worn braces during the late 1980's.

Makes sense, since you were in your teens at that time. I was in my teens when I had them too.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/22 at 2:52 pm

Makes sense, since you were in your teens at that time. I was in my teens when I had them too.

The braces were for correcting my teeth, making them straight.

Written By: nally on 08/09/22 at 10:58 pm

The braces were for correcting my teeth, making them straight.

Yes, that's their whole purpose.

Written By: nally on 08/09/22 at 11:00 pm

So...it's a busy time for me right now, particularly at the office. I have been full time for about 16 months now, and I haven't taken any true vacation time yet. I don't know when I'm gonna have an opportunity for any, given that the next couple of months are anticipated to be a busy (crunch) time. (My company's fiscal period ends next month.) But I probably will need it come October. We'll see. I'm just taking things one step at a time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/10/22 at 3:19 am

Just to report, I have family and friends staying with me for the next few days, and therefore will not be online.

All is fine, and the heat wave continues.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/22 at 3:23 am

So...it's a busy time for me right now, particularly at the office. I have been full time for about 16 months now, and I haven't taken any true vacation time yet. I don't know when I'm gonna have an opportunity for any, given that the next couple of months are anticipated to be a busy (crunch) time. (My company's fiscal period ends next month.) But I probably will need it come October. We'll see. I'm just taking things one step at a time.

I'm waiting to take my vacation, I figured let me wait till the Summer is over to take it.

Written By: karen on 08/10/22 at 3:42 am

I get the impression you work for a small company so probably feel you will be letting the team down by being absent at any time. However you are legally entitled to vacation time. If you always think of the company and not yourself then you risk never taking a vacation. “It’s a busy time” “It’s the end of the quarter” “It’s spring break, and employees with children want to be at home”...
Make a plan to do something, talk to your boss about needing time off and then take it. You will work better for having a break away from the office.

Written By: nally on 08/10/22 at 8:51 pm

I'm waiting to take my vacation, I figured let me wait till the Summer is over to take it.

Good for you. O0 I just don't know when I'm gonna get an opportunity for one yet.

Written By: karen on 08/11/22 at 3:01 am

In the Lake District this week for the Lakes 5 orienteering competition. Today is day 4.

Yesterday was the rest day so we did a touristy thing going across to a small island and having a look around the ruined castle. There is also a pub on the island where we planned to have lunch, but they weren’t serving food. We know the landlord is new so he is still finding his feet I guess.

In the evening Elizabeth and her boyfriend went to do a fell race (5 kilometres up and down a steep hillside). We meanwhile lazed around at home eating a huge dinner and watching crap telly.

Written By: Contigo on 08/11/22 at 5:56 pm

I get the impression you work for a small company so probably feel you will be letting the team down by being absent at any time. However you are legally entitled to vacation time. If you always think of the company and not yourself then you risk never taking a vacation. “It’s a busy time” “It’s the end of the quarter” “It’s spring break, and employees with children want to be at home”...
Make a plan to do something, talk to your boss about needing time off and then take it. You will work better for having a break away from the office.

Solid, sound advice.

Written By: nally on 08/11/22 at 8:09 pm

Solid, sound advice.

I just need to know when the time is right.

Sure, the other workers in the office (I am one of three) can fill in for me while I take some time off.

I just know that I do not have any plans to go away anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/22 at 2:52 am

In the Lake District this week for the Lakes 5 orienteering competition. Today is day 4.

Yesterday was the rest day so we did a touristy thing going across to a small island and having a look around the ruined castle. There is also a pub on the island where we planned to have lunch, but they weren’t serving food. We know the landlord is new so he is still finding his feet I guess.

In the evening Elizabeth and her boyfriend went to do a fell race (5 kilometres up and down a steep hillside). We meanwhile lazed around at home eating a huge dinner and watching crap telly.
I bet the weather and climate is cooler in the Lake District area?

Written By: karen on 08/12/22 at 12:18 pm

I bet the weather and climate is cooler in the Lake District area?

Not this week. Despite putting on sun cream I am still very brown. The car said it was 28 degrees as we arrived at the event today

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/22 at 1:18 pm

Not this week. Despite putting on sun cream I am still very brown. The car said it was 28 degrees as we arrived at the event today
Probably the Isle of Skye is much cooler?

Written By: karen on 08/15/22 at 2:23 pm

Mother in law is watching Andre Rieu on the tv again. He is on for about two hours every Monday evening.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/22 at 2:31 pm

Mother in law is watching Andre Rieu on the tv again. He is on for about two hours every Monday evening.
He (Andre Rieu) seems to be on all the time.

... and it is raining and thunderstorms here!

Written By: karen on 08/16/22 at 5:30 am

He (Andre Rieu) seems to be on all the time.

... and it is raining and thunderstorms here!

No rain here yet

Just got back from the dentist after having a crowned tooth removed. I hate dentists

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/22 at 5:33 am

No rain here yet

Raining here now, thunderstorms due later this afternoon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/22 at 6:24 am

Just got back from the dentist after having a crowned tooth removed. I hate dentists
2:30 for your tooth-hurty appointment?

Written By: Howard on 08/16/22 at 2:45 pm

No rain here yet

I respect my dentist but I don't like when they tell you that you don't floss or brush well enough, I brush every day and I try to floss and use my pick when I get the chance to.

Written By: karen on 08/16/22 at 4:19 pm

I respect my dentist but I don't like when they tell you that you don't floss or brush well enough, I brush every day and I try to floss and use my pick when I get the chance to.

Ultimately they are trying to save you pain and money. If they always tell you that you don’t brush well enough ask them for some tips, or where in particular there is a problem.

A couple of bad experiences when I was younger made me not like dentists, but I totally see the point in having a check up and trying to listen to their advice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/22 at 6:03 pm

Ultimately they are trying to save you pain and money. If they always tell you that you don’t brush well enough ask them for some tips, or where in particular there is a problem.

A couple of bad experiences when I was younger made me not like dentists, but I totally see the point in having a check up and trying to listen to their advice.

I also had a bunch of bad experiences with the first dentist we went to. I was VERY cavity prone and remember having something like 7 cavities in 6 months or so. Yeah, my teeth were/are covered in silver. Because of that, I ALWAYS try to get my teeth cleaned every 6 months. One time I couldn't when I was in the service and when I finally could, yeah, 2 cavities.

About 30 years ago, some of those old fillings started to "leak." I took a bite of something and hit the ceiling. Yeah, they had to be redone. At the time I didn't have insurance so I had to pay for it out of pocket-and money was VERY tight at the time, too. Yeah, not fun.

I didn't get to go to the dentist for 2 years-NOT MY FAULT! Covid closed down our dentist's office and didn't reopen. We had to find a new dentist (AGAIN for the I don't know how many times-but that is another story). I thought I would have a mouth full of cavities but I didn't.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/17/22 at 3:25 am

They always tell you to brush softer so you don't wind up ruining your gums or enamel and that's what I do, I choose a soft brush and brush for about 2 minutes which is the norm for a brushing time and I floss and use mouthwash too and I haven't had cavities in many years cause I've learned to change my ways.

Written By: karen on 08/17/22 at 4:11 pm

My dad called this morning. He didn’t feel well, had suddenly come over all sweaty and clammy. He also had terrible wind, acid stomach type of thing. Last time he was like this was before a heart attack.

I went round to his house to see him, and decided to call the NHS enquiry line. They spoke to him and decided he needed an ambulance. The paramedics couldn’t determine whether there was a heart problem or not, as my dad has a defibrillator, which may also act as a sort of pacemaker. They called the cardiac unit who decided my dad needed to be checked over

Dad didn’t want a fuss, and didn’t really to go to hospital. He had started to feel better. I persuaded him to get checked over. Better a day in hospital than a mega heart attack with no one around. Anyway he is home now, with some medication for his stomach, after a thorough MOT.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/17/22 at 5:09 pm

My dad called this morning. He didn’t feel well, had suddenly come over all sweaty and clammy. He also had terrible wind, acid stomach type of thing. Last time he was like this was before a heart attack.

I went round to his house to see him, and decided to call the NHS enquiry line. They spoke to him and decided he needed an ambulance. The paramedics couldn’t determine whether there was a heart problem or not, as my dad has a defibrillator, which may also act as a sort of pacemaker. They called the cardiac unit who decided my dad needed to be checked over

Dad didn’t want a fuss, and didn’t really to go to hospital. He had started to feel better. I persuaded him to get checked over. Better a day in hospital than a mega heart attack with no one around. Anyway he is home now, with some medication for his stomach, after a thorough MOT.

Oh my - praying that his heart is ok.  Kudos to you for getting him to the doctors.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/22 at 6:34 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/18/22 at 3:14 am

praying he gets better.

Written By: nally on 08/18/22 at 7:48 pm

So sorry to hear of this. Sending prayers your way.

Written By: karen on 08/18/22 at 10:44 pm

Thanks for the well wishes for my dad

I spoke to him yesterday and he is feeling a lot better. The medication seems to be working, he just needs to work one of them into his routine as he has to take it about thirty minutes before eating.

Written By: nally on 08/19/22 at 10:34 pm

Thanks for the well wishes for my dad

I spoke to him yesterday and he is feeling a lot better. The medication seems to be working, he just needs to work one of them into his routine as he has to take it about thirty minutes before eating.

Great! Glad to hear. O0

Written By: karen on 08/21/22 at 10:13 am

Wish me luck! I am going away tomorrow with Dai’s mum - just the two of us.

We are staying near Harrogate in an adults only hotel. It is in a country house with large gardens. Never stayed in this sort of place before. I gather some people just stay at the hotel all day, doing the various activities on offer.

I have planned some day trips to nearby towns but will see how the mood takes us. Jean walks really slowly so I don’t know how much sightseeing we will do. I think she has underestimated how far we might have to walk.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/21/22 at 8:11 pm

We are staying near Harrogate in an adults only hotel. It is in a country house with large gardens. Never stayed in this sort of place before. I gather some people just stay at the hotel all day, doing the various activities on offer.

I have planned some day trips to nearby towns but will see how the mood takes us. Jean walks really slowly so I don’t know how much sightseeing we will do. I think she has underestimated how far we might have to walk.

O0 Have a good time and hope it goes great with your mom-in-law

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/21/22 at 8:12 pm

Will be sporadic on this forum for a few days - more travel this upcoming week!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/22 at 8:50 pm

You got this. TRY to enjoy yourself.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/22/22 at 3:22 am

Will be sporadic on this forum for a few days - more travel this upcoming week!  :)

Where will you and your family be traveling to? :)

Written By: nally on 08/22/22 at 10:49 pm

Wishing you safe travels!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/22 at 1:52 am

Take good care and enjoy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/22 at 2:33 pm

For the past month or so, we have been TRYING to get together with some friends of ours (who used to own this house). We THOUGHT we had a date but got a call saying that they had Covid.  :( We didn't set anything up because who knows how long they would be in quarantine.

Last Friday, we went to a wine tasting thing in town. They were there-FINALLY out of quarantine. So, we were TRYING to set up a date. We were under the notion that they could only do it on weekends. I am about to start gearing up for my yard sale which means I will be making a BIG mess and I don't want ANYONE over. We were already into October when we were asked if it had to be a weekend. Nope. We are home all the time. So, we settled for this Thursday. GREAT! We joked to them, "Do you directions on how to get to the house?" This will be the first time she has been here since we moved in but he has been here once or twice for a few minutes.

Carlos and I were figuring out the menu. He was just about to marinade some meat and I made a list for him to go to the store so I could make my killer potato salad and a fruit tray. Then we get a phone call. You guessed it. They have to back out.  :(  It was a family issue that came up. We are going to TRY for next Thursday. I told him that I will "pencil" him in. He said, "Don't use permanent marker."

I really am looking forward to sitting down with them and pick their memories about the house. Hopefully, we will be able to do that next week. 

Cat

Written By: karen on 08/25/22 at 5:25 pm

Just met my new best friend  ;D

She was dancing on her own on the dance floor so I got up and joined her. We did all the actions to Proud Mary and then Blame it on the Boogie. I asked why her husband wasn’t dancing. She said he only dances to Eighties music and that  I “was too young to understand”. When I told her my age she refused to believe, and said she thought I was ten years younger than that.

And that is why she is my new best friend. Shame I don’t know her name or where she lives.

(She also said I get a badge for being here on holiday with my mother in law)

Written By: nally on 08/25/22 at 10:55 pm

My mom is having a surgical procedure done tomorrow afternoon (Pacific time), so I'd like ya'll to keep her in your prayers.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/22 at 3:20 am

My mom is having a surgical procedure done tomorrow afternoon (Pacific time), so I'd like ya'll to keep her in your prayers.

Good Luck to her.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/22 at 3:41 am

My thoughts and prayers are with your mother.

Written By: nally on 08/26/22 at 7:59 pm

Good Luck to her.

My thoughts and prayers are with your mother.

Thanks guys. My dad just called me a short while ago and said he’s still waiting for word on when my mom will feel ready to be discharged. (He drove her to the place.)

Written By: nally on 08/26/22 at 8:09 pm

Update: my mom just called me, saying she has just been discharged. So she and my dad are on the way home now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/22 at 8:57 pm

Update: my mom just called me, saying she has just been discharged. So she and my dad are on the way home now.

Good news. Glad to hear it.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/26/22 at 9:15 pm

Glad to hear she's been discharged!  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/26/22 at 9:16 pm

Greetings friends from North Carolina...

Written By: Howard on 08/27/22 at 7:07 am

Hey AG, How's North Carolina and what is the weather over there?  :)

Written By: nally on 08/27/22 at 10:25 am

Good news. Glad to hear it.

Cat

Glad to hear she's been discharged!  :)

Thanks. Now she’s resting, and will probably do more of that this weekend.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/29/22 at 7:50 pm

Where will you and your family be traveling to? :)

Wishing you safe travels!

Hey AG, How's North Carolina and what is the weather over there?  :)

Back home now from travel.  Had a blast in both Pigeon Forge TN and Asheville NC.  Tired now due to the long drive today...

Written By: nally on 08/30/22 at 12:06 am

Back home now from travel.  Had a blast in both Pigeon Forge TN and Asheville NC.  Tired now due to the long drive today...

Glad you are back home safely. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/22 at 2:49 am

Welcome back!

Written By: Howard on 08/30/22 at 7:18 am

Glad to see you're home safely, tell us about your journey?  :)

Written By: GH1996 on 08/31/22 at 1:54 am

Making my yearly appearance, still in Canada for now..

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/22 at 5:00 pm

For the past month or so, we have been TRYING to get together with some friends of ours (who used to own this house). We THOUGHT we had a date but got a call saying that they had Covid.  :( We didn't set anything up because who knows how long they would be in quarantine.

Last Friday, we went to a wine tasting thing in town. They were there-FINALLY out of quarantine. So, we were TRYING to set up a date. We were under the notion that they could only do it on weekends. I am about to start gearing up for my yard sale which means I will be making a BIG mess and I don't want ANYONE over. We were already into October when we were asked if it had to be a weekend. Nope. We are home all the time. So, we settled for this Thursday. GREAT! We joked to them, "Do you directions on how to get to the house?" This will be the first time she has been here since we moved in but he has been here once or twice for a few minutes.

Carlos and I were figuring out the menu. He was just about to marinade some meat and I made a list for him to go to the store so I could make my killer potato salad and a fruit tray. Then we get a phone call. You guessed it. They have to back out.  :(  It was a family issue that came up. We are going to TRY for next Thursday. I told him that I will "pencil" him in. He said, "Don't use permanent marker."

I really am looking forward to sitting down with them and pick their memories about the house. Hopefully, we will be able to do that next week. 

Cat

So, we have been preparing for this dinner. Last night Carlos started marinading the meat. I made my killer potato salad today and we have a bunch of fruit for our fruit tray appetizer.

Yup, you guessed it. They had to cancel AGAIN. I told Carlos that it will just have to wait until AFTER the yard sale. I know it is not their fault that they keep cancelling. Life happens but it is still frustrating. So, I will start working on my yard sale a day earlier than planned. Oh, and we have plenty of potato salad.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/01/22 at 12:53 am

As I close out the month of August, I must say that this final day was extremely busy, but productive. We got everything done at the office for the last day, even if it took the whole working day.

Then I had to go home in hectic traffic; it took a whole hour just to get home. This is probably due in part to lotsa people wanting to escape the intense heat. That said, I’m expecting it to be like that on the roads the rest of the week.

Written By: karen on 09/01/22 at 1:51 am

First day back at work ready for the new term (students back on Monday). One technician left at the end of last term and another is going at the end of next week. Anyone fancy a job as a school science technician? Free lunch and you get to work with me!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/22 at 2:16 am

First day back at work ready for the new term (students back on Monday). One technician left at the end of last term and another is going at the end of next week. Anyone fancy a job as a school science technician? Free lunch and you get to work with me!
The free lunch sounds inviting, but with my lack of scientific knowledge, I do not think I can bluff my way through the interview.

Check for new replies or respond here...