inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: House Chores - Love 'em or Hate 'em

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/15/22 at 11:57 am

Name a house chore.  How do you feel about it?

1 - Love doing this house chore!
2 - Mildly ok with this house chore, though I'd rather do something else
3 - Tolerate the house chore, but don't plan my day/week around it
4 - Mildly dislike doing the house chore but I do it dutifully
5 - Despise this house chore, procrastinate when I can, and if I can pawn it off so much the better!
6 - Other (this choice needs some explanation  :))

Add anything else you'd like to say about it.

Subject: Re: House Chores - Love 'em or Hate 'em

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/15/22 at 12:09 pm

5 - Despise this house chore, procrastinate when I can, and if I can pawn it off so much the better!

My house chore is cleaning the fridge.  I despise it!  8-P

I had to do this recently.  It's not just dealing with the inevitable yucky stuff.  It's being confronted with all my grocery mistakes!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/22 at 3:38 pm

I pretty much hate doing all of them but the one that I REALLY hate with a passion is vacuuming-which is why I pay someone to do it for me.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/15/22 at 3:45 pm

Vacuuming: I actually like doing it (in most cases). It gives me some good exercise.

As for others: I know they're all important (because without them, the house doesn't get clean), but sometimes I don't have the motivation or the willpower to do them.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/22 at 3:19 am

I enjoy cleaning my room now more than I used to back in the days growing up as a kid cause My Mother would get on my case because of some dust bunnies that would grow on my furniture and if I didn't clean it up she would get on my case.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/22 at 3:20 am

I pretty much hate doing all of them but the one that I REALLY hate with a passion is vacuuming-which is why I pay someone to do it for me.

Cat

Do you use floor powder?

Written By: nally on 10/16/22 at 10:12 am

I enjoy cleaning my room now more than I used to back in the days growing up as a kid cause My Mother would get on my case because of some dust bunnies that would grow on my furniture and if I didn't clean it up she would get on my case.

Probably with good reason. If you don’t clean them up, the dust can make you sick. 8-P

Written By: Howard on 10/16/22 at 2:27 pm

I had to do this recently.  It's not just dealing with the inevitable yucky stuff.  It's being confronted with all my grocery mistakes!  ;D

What do you keep in your refrigerator that it stinks to high heaven? :o

Written By: Howard on 10/16/22 at 2:28 pm

Probably with good reason. If you don’t clean them up, the dust can make you sick. 8-P

Now I try to clean as much as possible.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/22 at 2:30 pm

I enjoy Swiffering the kitchen floor the morning.

Written By: nally on 12/18/22 at 2:09 pm

Just did some vacuuming a short while ago.

That reminds me: setting up the Christmas tree is a major task in itself. And while it is up, there can be needles on the floor to vacuum up (or pick up off the floor); this applies to both real and artificial trees. (And then when it comes time to take it down in early January, that’s also a big job. But it’s worth it.)

Written By: Howard on 12/18/22 at 3:19 pm

I don't mind doing them now, it sure keeps you busy for quite a while, I can do vacuuming and the dusting in my room.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/18/22 at 4:46 pm

Just did some vacuuming a short while ago.

That reminds me: setting up the Christmas tree is a major task in itself. And while it is up, there can be needles on the floor to vacuum up (or pick up off the floor); this applies to both real and artificial trees. (And then when it comes time to take it down in early January, that’s also a big job. But it’s worth it.)

True.  But overall, there seem to be less needles falling with artificial trees, which I've used since living here.  (I grew up with real trees; falling needles were always an issue.  But I do miss the real trees' smell.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/22 at 5:08 pm

True.  But overall, there seem to be less needles falling with artificial trees, which I've used since living here.  (I grew up with real trees; falling needles were always an issue.  But I do miss the real trees' smell.)

One year, I am really surprised there were any needles left on the tree. I am NOT exaggerating when I say that the needles were about an inch deep.  :o  I have never seen a tree lose so much. 

Then a few years ago, we had the most aromatic tree I have ever had in my life. I saved a branch of it and it still smells a bit.

The tree we had last year for some reason didn't want to drink (but Luna did). It was weird. As I posted in another thread, we are not getting a tree this year because of Minerva so I won't have to worry about needles or cats drinking the tree water or climbing the tree and knocking everything off.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/18/22 at 7:18 pm

(I grew up with real trees; falling needles were always an issue.  But I do miss the real trees' smell.)

So did I. And I miss it too.

(However, we did buy a wreath made from real trees to hang on the inside of our door. That is, not the side that faces out. We spray a little bit of water on it each day to keep it fresh. When it does dry out, we will get rid of it.)

Written By: Howard on 12/19/22 at 3:14 am

I also take out the trash and clean the dishes after dinner.

Written By: nally on 03/08/23 at 11:52 pm

Periodically we have to do this, even though we try hard to keep it well organized. But every so often it is necessary to be cleaned out. We also try to use up the perishables that have “use by” dates on them to prevent any mold or other icky consequences that may arise if we don’t.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/23 at 4:11 am

Simply putting it, all of my household chores have to be done. Over the years I built up a weekly routine.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/23 at 2:11 pm

Simply putting it, all of my household chores have to be done. Over the years I built up a weekly routine.

Same here, I know to do my house and room chores, I'm old enough to take care and maintain my room, dust and a bit of vacuuming.

Check for new replies or respond here...