inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Binge watch next: Seinfeld or Frasier

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/22 at 8:24 am

I have available to watch on my catch-up services on the television, "Seinfeld" (1989-98, 180 episodes) and "Frasier" (1993 to 2004, 264 episodes.

Which should I binge watch next?

No spoilers please!

BTW, I have already binge watched "Friends".

Subject: Re: Binge watch next: Seinfeld or Frasier

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/26/22 at 8:50 am

If it were me, neither.  To me both were a waist of time

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/26/22 at 8:54 am

Oh, Seinfeld for sure. I never understood the point for Frasier's existence. Seinfeld's famed "show about nothing" is about much more than the unwatchable "Frasier".

Written By: Howard on 10/26/22 at 2:02 pm

I have available to watch on my catch-up services on the television, "Seinfeld" (1989-98, 180 episodes) and "Frasier" (1993 to 2004, 264 episodes.

Which should I binge watch next?

No spoilers please!

BTW, I have already binge watched "Friends".

Seinfeld.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/22 at 2:52 pm

Gotta agree with my husband on this one. Watch Jane the Virgin. SUPER FUNNY!!!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/22 at 11:25 am

For the meantime I am reading a book while waiting for a substantial numbers of votes to come into the poll.

Written By: Contigo on 10/27/22 at 12:43 pm

Oh, Seinfeld for sure. I never understood the point for Frasier's existence. Seinfeld's famed "show about nothing" is about much more than the unwatchable "Frasier".

I completely agree, never liked Frasier even when his character was in Cheers.  I would chose Seinfeld over Frasier, easily.

Here's an idea, instead of Seinfeld or Frasier, watch Cheers, or Taxi, or SOAP, or MASH, or Mary Tyler Moore show, or Mission Impossible, Columbo, Jeffersons, The man from Uncle.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/22 at 12:50 pm

I completely agree, never liked Frasier even when his character was in Cheers.  I would chose Seinfeld over Frasier, easily.

Here's an idea, instead of Seinfeld or Frasier, watch Cheers, or Taxi, or SOAP, or MASH, or Mary Tyler Moore show, or Mission Impossible, Columbo, Jeffersons, The man from Uncle.
Thanks, and "Cheers" available to watch online here, but I will not added to the poll.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/22 at 12:51 pm

Was it "Cheers" that was set in Boston?

Written By: Contigo on 10/27/22 at 12:57 pm

Yes, in a bar in Boston

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/22 at 1:02 pm

Yup.

I have a friend who lives in the Boston area. I went to visit her a long time ago and she took me to Cheers (I got the tee shirt to prove it  :D ;D ;D ) The inside looks NOTHING like the show.

When she got married, her reception was right next to Cheers. When they show the outside-you can see the awning of the place where her reception was.

The funny thing, I never really watched Cheers. I saw an ep here or there but that was it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/27/22 at 4:02 pm

Gotta agree with my husband on this one. Watch Jane the Virgin. SUPER FUNNY!!!

Cat

Was that episode with Jane Levy?

Written By: karen on 10/28/22 at 3:49 am

Personally I prefer Frasier over Seinfeld

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/22 at 8:19 am

Thank you for the above suggestions, but I have almost decided on what to watch, but will carry on with the poll till when I finish the book I am currently reading.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/28/22 at 9:56 am

Contigo's suggestions are all better than either of your choices, especially MASH, and especially the later ones

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/22 at 10:05 am

Contigo's suggestions are all better than either of your choices, especially MASH, and especially the later ones
Thank you.

At this moment of time, "M*A*S*H" and "Taxi" are not available to watch on the catch-up services here. I have made a choice, but who knows, another suggestion may come along.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/22 at 1:38 pm

Was that episode with Jane Levy?

Huh?  ???  I was suggesting the series Jane the Virgin that is airing on Netflix.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/28/22 at 1:55 pm

Thank you.

At this moment of time, "M*A*S*H" and "Taxi" are not available to watch on the catch-up services here. I have made a choice, but who knows, another suggestion may come along.

At the moment, M*A*S*H is pretty much the only reason I keep Hulu. They have removed the other 1960s-era shows I used to watch and are getting pretty useless.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/22 at 3:05 pm

At the moment, M*A*S*H is pretty much the only reason I keep Hulu. They have removed the other 1960s-era shows I used to watch and are getting pretty useless.

We "invested" in the whole series (11 seasons) on DVD. Of course this was a few years ago before there were streaming services but we think it was still a good investment. I have to say, out of 256 eps, I think there may have been only 2 that I didn't like. Not too bad.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/28/22 at 3:56 pm

Huh?  ???  I was suggesting the series Jane the Virgin that is airing on Netflix.

Cat

My bad, I was thinking of when Jane Levy was on an episode of Seinfeld and she played a virgin who was a closet designer, she was Jerry's love interest.

Check for new replies or respond here...