inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The official November 2022 monthly thread.

Written By: nally on 11/01/22 at 12:08 am

10 months of this year down, 2 to go. Welcome to the month of November!!

As I always say, White Rabbits!!

Subject: Re: The official November 2022 monthly thread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/22 at 2:17 am

White Rabbits!

Written By: Howard on 11/01/22 at 3:06 am

10 months of this year down, 2 to go. Welcome to the month of November!!

As I always say, White Rabbits!!

Wow, this year is almost over.  :o

Written By: Ripley on 11/01/22 at 1:40 pm

Wow, this year is almost over.  :o

It’s been super fast for sure. The older we get the faster it goes. It’s weird to think about but as a kid, teen and even a young adult it felt like time moved much more slower.

Written By: Ripley on 11/01/22 at 1:42 pm

We got a turkey for us two. I’m excited for Christmas time though! Seeing all the decorations people put up and everything Christmas. I just love this time of year.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/22 at 3:54 pm

It’s been super fast for sure. The older we get the faster it goes. It’s weird to think about but as a kid, teen and even a young adult it felt like time moved much more slower.

I just can't believe I'm going to reach 50 years of age in just a few years.  :o

Written By: Ripley on 11/01/22 at 6:59 pm

I just can't believe I'm going to reach 50 years of age in just a few years.  :o
Oh yeah I’m super close to 40.

Written By: nally on 11/01/22 at 9:45 pm

I agree; it sure seems that way. :o

Written By: nally on 11/01/22 at 9:45 pm

Anyways, I’ve had a good day to start off the month. :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/22 at 9:22 am

Oh yeah I’m super close to 40.

Your still young whipper snappers.  Enjoy it while you can, I still am

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/22 at 12:09 pm

A friend unexpectantly popped round to say hi!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/22 at 12:26 pm

It is November 5th, Guy Fawkes Night and we are still showing the smilies for Halloween?

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/nov5th/smiley.gif

Written By: nally on 11/05/22 at 1:21 pm

A friend unexpectantly popped round to say hi!

Aw, that's nice. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/nov5th/smiley.gif

Written By: nally on 11/05/22 at 1:22 pm

It is November 5th, Guy Fawkes Night and we are still showing the smilies for Halloween?

Yeah, Halloween is over with already.

Then later in this month, it'll be time for these guys: http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/smiley.gif

Written By: nally on 11/05/22 at 2:13 pm

Anyway, I just filled in my vote-by-mail ballot; I will take it to the Government Center (either later today or tomorrow) and place it in the special drop-box there.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/22 at 2:26 pm

How long will these be up for?

Written By: nally on 11/05/22 at 11:21 pm

So I had an overall good day. Went out for lunch with my family at a sitdown restaurant; then I bought gelato for them (plus myself) afterwards. Spent the rest of the day at home. :)

Of course I was disappointed about the Astros winning the World Series, but at least it wasn't the Dodgers who lost to them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/22 at 2:11 am

Just saw out of the corner of my eye, a flash of lightning, and then subsequently heard the rumble of thunder! I do not think I will be going for my walk today.

Written By: nally on 11/06/22 at 10:39 am

Just saw out of the corner of my eye, a flash of lightning, and then subsequently heard the rumble of thunder! I do not think I will be going for my walk today.

Speaking of which, there’s a chance of rain in so Cal tomorrow. :o

Written By: nally on 11/10/22 at 11:03 pm

Speaking of which, there’s a chance of rain in so Cal tomorrow. :o

The bulk of the rain came on Tuesday, then it was finished passing through.

Written By: nally on 11/10/22 at 11:04 pm

Anyways, I’m finally getting my flu jab tomorrow morning. (At least I’m supposed to.)

Written By: Howard on 11/11/22 at 3:13 am

The bulk of the rain came on Tuesday, then it was finished passing through.

We're getting the remnants of Nicole later tonight.

Written By: nally on 11/11/22 at 9:35 am

We're getting the remnants of Nicole later tonight.

Yes, I was wondering how you guys on the East Coast were affected by it.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/22 at 3:50 pm

Yes, I was wondering how you guys on the East Coast were affected by it.

It's going to be heavy rain with wind gusts then by next week temperatures will be in the upper 40's, sharply cold.

Written By: nally on 11/11/22 at 7:36 pm

Anyways, I’m finally getting my flu jab tomorrow morning. (At least I’m supposed to.)

I received the injection, then drove to work; I arrived at my office shortly after 9.

So that’s taken care of.

Written By: karen on 11/12/22 at 5:21 am

I had my flu jab the other week and last Tuesday I had my Covid booster.

Yesterday at work we had a short wreath laying ceremony, including a hymn and two minutes silence as part of Remembrance Day

Last Dai, his mum and I went into the town centre for the annual street fair. We just walked around part of it looking at the various rides, enjoying the lights and the atmosphere. Then we went for dinner at a nice Italian place.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/22 at 2:24 pm

Last night went to a free spaghetti dinner for vets and family at the American Legion a town over. Our waitress was a 7th grader who was just trying WAY too hard. This couple sat down next to us as we eating. They sat there for a quite a while before the girl came to take their order-but first she asked them if they wanted water. They did. So she went to get water before she took their salad order. When she returned with the pitcher of water to fill their glasses, we asked if we could have refills and handed our cups to her. We don't know what happened, she was about to refill them when I think someone asked her something and she said that she would check and turned to go back to the kitchen WITHOUT filling our cups. We all just laughed. I said that I guess we only get one cup of water and that is it!

She disappeared and finally another girl came over to take our pie orders. She later came back to take all our plates away. Then the first girl came back to the table and asked if we needed anything like taking our plates away. HELLO? There are no plates left on the table. Yeah, we laughed at her but told her she was doing fine. The poor girl. She was trying. But, it was great entertainment. Oh, and the food was good. Might go again next year instead of going to Applebee's.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/12/22 at 2:39 pm

Last night went to a free spaghetti dinner for vets and family at the American Legion a town over. Our waitress was a 7th grader who was just trying WAY too hard. This couple sat down next to us as we eating. They sat there for a quite a while before the girl came to take their order-but first she asked them if they wanted water. They did. So she went to get water before she took their salad order. When she returned with the pitcher of water to fill their glasses, we asked if we could have refills and handed our cups to her. We don't know what happened, she was about to refill them when I think someone asked her something and she said that she would check and turned to go back to the kitchen WITHOUT filling our cups. We all just laughed. I said that I guess we only get one cup of water and that is it!

She disappeared and finally another girl came over to take our pie orders. She later came back to take all our plates away. Then the first girl came back to the table and asked if we needed anything like taking our plates away. HELLO? There are no plates left on the table. Yeah, we laughed at her but told her she was doing fine. The poor girl. She was trying. But, it was great entertainment. Oh, and the food was good. Might go again next year instead of going to Applebee's.

Cat

Cat, thank you for serving!  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/12/22 at 2:40 pm

Either this month or next month will make it a year and a half at King Kullen.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/12/22 at 4:26 pm

Gosh just 3 more days after today and November will be half over!!! Not much going on besides health stuff. Just checking in. Oh, we got a small foot tall table tree and mini decorations from Target that I will be decorating Monday. The lights are on it so far but I will do the rest. I’m not sure about other house decorations going up but I will share a pic when it’s done.

Written By: nally on 11/13/22 at 1:19 pm

Gosh just 3 more days after today and November will be half over!!! Not much going on besides health stuff. Just checking in. Oh, we got a small foot tall table tree and mini decorations from Target that I will be decorating Monday. The lights are on it so far but I will do the rest. I’m not sure about other house decorations going up but I will share a pic when it’s done.

That’s nice. I hope you are well!

And you are so right, the month is flying by!! :o

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/16/22 at 9:04 am

First snow of the season here in Vermont.  We got maybe 2 inches, just enough to cool a hobbit's toes

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/16/22 at 1:40 pm

It has been a hectic day, dashing around London, checking on various items, home before the rain fell. Probably the same for tomorrow.

Written By: Ripley on 11/16/22 at 4:01 pm

First snow of the season here in Vermont.  We got maybe 2 inches, just enough to cool a hobbit's toes

Here in Kansas it varies. They always get more out west. I’m in the south central area. It barely dusted the ground here.

Written By: nally on 11/16/22 at 10:20 pm

It has been a hectic day, dashing around London, checking on various items, home before the rain fell. Probably the same for tomorrow.

Please take care in all you are doing.

No rain where I am, however. Just plenty of wind. And it did affect my drive to work; however, I was careful on the roads.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/22 at 3:14 am

Just heard that my uncle which is My Father's sister's husband has passed away, he has been bedridden for years and was very sick, My Parents will be going to the funeral at the end of the week.  :\'(

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/17/22 at 9:52 am

Just heard that my cousin which is My Father's sister's husband has passed away, he has been bedridden for years and was very sick, My Father will go to the funeral at the end of the week.  :\'(

Condolences to you and your family

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/17/22 at 11:10 am

Just heard that my cousin which is My Father's sister's husband has passed away, he has been bedridden for years and was very sick, My Father will go to the funeral at the end of the week.  :\'(

Sorry for your loss, Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/22 at 1:45 pm

So sorry, Howard. My condolences to you and your family.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/17/22 at 3:18 pm

I’m sorry for your loss :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/17/22 at 3:59 pm

Sorry for your loss, Howard

I can't remember the last time I saw him, it must've been about 36 years ago, We all went to their house for a barbecue or something like that back in 1986, back when my cousin was a little girl, now she's all grown up as a nurse practitioner.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/22 at 4:01 pm

So sorry, Howard. My condolences to you and your family.

Cat

Thank You Cat, I take it back, it was my uncle, not cousin.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/22 at 3:32 am

My weekend with the family starts today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/22 at 3:40 am

After being told they are coming, there are not now!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/22 at 2:24 pm

Right now is the calm before the storm. I have been decluttering the house for the past two weeks now. (Yeah, I know I let it build up.) Now, the house looks great. Just need to get the table ready for tonight's dinner. We ordered a turkey through friends of ours who raises them. We weren't too sure if it will come in time so we bought one at the store. Well, the turkey just arrived. She told us that it was alive this morning. You can't get much fresher than that.

Carlos is running errands at the moment-doing some last minute grocery shopping and such so it is nice to have the house to myself for a bit before this turns int a mad house.

Tonight Carlos' youngest is coming. It was only supposed to be her & her significant other but now it is going to be her 3 kids, too because her ex who was SUPPOSED to take them for the weekend isn't. And we are happy about that. And tomorrow the rest of the Vermont contingency will arriving. We will have have 13 people at our table (including Carlos & me).

Then Sunday, I get to recoup.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/22 at 4:54 pm

This morning while finishing up the kitchen (including throwing out those scientific experiments from the fridge-EWWWWW), I figured it was music time. But what to listen to? I wanted loud, head banging music. I searched my library. Duran Duran? Nah, not really. ZZ Top? Not quite. Led Zeppelin? Cheap Trick? Eurythmics? Genesis? Meatloaf? Nope! Nope! Nadda! Uh uh. I was sitting on the floor in my living room in front of all my CDs for I don't know how long and just couldn't decide.

Then I spotted it!

QUEEN!

I was rockin' as I was cleaning. It was DEFINITELY the right choice. I love when I totally pick the exact right album to play. Even my cleaning lady (who was also cleaning at the same time) thought it was the right choice.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/18/22 at 11:33 pm

Just heard that my uncle which is My Father's sister's husband has passed away, he has been bedridden for years and was very sick, My Parents will be going to the funeral at the end of the week.  :\'(

Sorry for your loss.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 11/18/22 at 11:34 pm

After being told they are coming, there are not now!

They changed their minds? Or something else came up for them?

Written By: Howard on 11/19/22 at 3:08 am

Sorry for your loss.  :\'(

Thanks.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/22 at 3:48 pm

It was a VERY nice visit. Friday night we had a house full. 2 adults, 2 kids, a teenager, and a dog. The cats weren't very happy about all of this and hid upstairs most of the weekend. I don't know if they were more afraid of the kids or the dog (who is still a puppy). Elvira was brave enough to confront the dog. She was teaching the dog that this is HER house and not to mess with her. I have to give them kudos keeping tabs on the dog and I don't think they took her leash off at all.

The next wave showed up about 2-2:30 yesterday. I put out a tray (I LOVE making trays) which everyone loved. I actually made two of them-one for lunch for the overnight guests and a second one for when the rest showed up.

Then the "chef" put on a WONDERFUL spread with a BIG ASS bird that barely fit in the roaster. It was alive the morning before it was cooked. You can't get too much fresher than that. Of course guess who ends up doing all the clean up.  :-\\

But, overall, it was a GREAT visit-but too short. After everyone left, we were like, "Oh, we forgot..." "I forgot to give this to..."

Here are some pics-and of course I have to show off my table which all the food wasn't put on it yet.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513387743_06e3da77dc.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513322390_c68b1144ba.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513113199_81c262c2b6.jpg

So our Thanksgiving is over. We may go to the local Eagle's Club Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday or just stay home and eat the turkey leftovers from last night. We are going to be eating turkey for a long time. But, I don't have a problem with that. I LOVE "toikey!"

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/20/22 at 6:24 pm

^ Wow; that looks very festive! O0

Glad ya'll had a nice time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/22 at 11:45 am

It was a VERY nice visit. Friday night we had a house full. 2 adults, 2 kids, a teenager, and a dog. The cats weren't very happy about all of this and hid upstairs most of the weekend. I don't know if they were more afraid of the kids or the dog (who is still a puppy). Elvira was brave enough to confront the dog. She was teaching the dog that this is HER house and not to mess with her. I have to give them kudos keeping tabs on the dog and I don't think they took her leash off at all.

The next wave showed up about 2-2:30 yesterday. I put out a tray (I LOVE making trays) which everyone loved. I actually made two of them-one for lunch for the overnight guests and a second one for when the rest showed up.

Then the "chef" put on a WONDERFUL spread with a BIG ASS bird that barely fit in the roaster. It was alive the morning before it was cooked. You can't get too much fresher than that. Of course guess who ends up doing all the clean up.  :-\\

But, overall, it was a GREAT visit-but too short. After everyone left, we were like, "Oh, we forgot..." "I forgot to give this to..."

Here are some pics-and of course I have to show off my table which all the food wasn't put on it yet.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513387743_06e3da77dc.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513322390_c68b1144ba.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52513113199_81c262c2b6.jpg

So our Thanksgiving is over. We may go to the local Eagle's Club Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday or just stay home and eat the turkey leftovers from last night. We are going to be eating turkey for a long time. But, I don't have a problem with that. I LOVE "toikey!"

Cat

Looks yummy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/22 at 2:59 pm

Every year when I create a platter with brie, I keep looking for a butter knife that we don't have. My step-son brought dessert and was asking me if we had...I said, "We have everything but a butter knife." So yesterday, I went to eBay and bought a butter knife to go with my flatware set. It should arrive on Wednesday-in time for Christmas when I create another platter.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/22 at 3:22 pm

Every year when I create a platter with brie, I keep looking for a butter knife that we don't have. My step-son brought dessert and was asking me if we had...I said, "We have everything but a butter knife." So yesterday, I went to eBay and bought a butter knife to go with my flatware set. It should arrive on Wednesday-in time for Christmas when I create another platter.

Cat
Should... ?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/21/22 at 3:41 pm

Will be sporadic on the forum the next several days - headed back to Ohio for Thanksgiving...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/22 at 3:41 pm

Will be sporadic on the forum the next several days - headed back to Ohio for Thanksgiving...

Safe travels.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/22 at 3:42 pm

Please take good care.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/22 at 3:50 pm

Will it be a dinner with friends and family?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/22 at 3:52 pm

Today, we went into town to run some errands (about a 45 drive). We ALWAYS listen to Harry Potter on a flash drive. But, the USB port seemed to have died so we couldn't listen.

The first place we went was Xfinity to drop off the old modem and talk to a REAL person who speaks English about our internet issues. She said that she will send a technician out. So hopefully, we can figure out what the problem is on Wednesday. (Unfortunately, the office is a mess. I made the rest of the house look really nice but this room I had put off until AFTER the holidays. Oh well.)

We then went to lunch and while there, "Oh, I need to go here, I need to go there." So, we took care of a few things. Then I was thinking of finally breaking down and getting a smart phone. But, the place was crowded and they said that the wait would be 45 minutes. Nope. Not waiting. Maybe another day.

We then went to the dealer to tell them that our USB port stopped working. Come to find out we have another one!  :o :o But, we made an appointment to get the other fixed (since it is still under warranty). So, we have to go back to town and maybe I will make an appointment to get a new phone. But we did get to listen to Harry on the way home.

And everything I bought today (with the exception of lunch and batteries) was for my cats.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/21/22 at 10:04 pm

Safe travels.

Cat

Thanks, Cat!

Please take good care.

Thanks, Philip!

Will it be a dinner with friends and family?

Indeed - that's the plan, anyway.  Plus we'll hang out there a couple more days.

Written By: nally on 11/21/22 at 11:35 pm

Again, safe travels!

I, too, will be traveling; going to the same place I did last year. At a distant cousin's home in Paso Robles.

Jeffrey

Written By: Howard on 11/22/22 at 3:15 am

Thanks, Cat!

Thanks, Philip!

Indeed - that's the plan, anyway.  Plus we'll hang out there a couple more days.

Safe travels. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/22/22 at 8:29 am

Again, safe travels!

I, too, will be traveling; going to the same place I did last year. At a distant cousin's home in Paso Robles.

Jeffrey

Thanks, Jeffrey!  And safe travels to you.

Safe travels. O0

Thanks, Howard!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/22 at 5:48 pm

I have officially started my Christmas shopping-YAY! Hopefully, I will be done by tomorrow. The problem is that my youngest (5 years old) only asked for one thing-Rainbow dolls. First of all, I never heard of them before. I went to Amazon and OMG-those things are SOOOO UGLY!!! They are basically Made in China crap! I try not to buy Made in China crap if I can help it but that is the only thing she asked for. I asked Carlos if I should compromise my own conviction to get her what she asked for. He said no. So, I went back to my step-daughter asking if she would like something else. She said that was the ONLY thing she asked for and it was up to me if I wanted to get her something else. So, I got her a Green toy which was made in the US out of recyclable material. My conscience is at peace now.

Now, I have to buy I don't know how many more gifts. Yeah, I spend a fortune every November/December because not only do we have 8 grandkids to buy Christmas presents for, we also have 2 birthdays in December, too.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/22 at 6:10 pm

Last night was I was shopping on Etsy for Christmas gifts, I came across this Occult library for about $6 or so. It was a download of about 1000 ebooks or so. I figured what the hell. For that price you can beat it. So, I bought it and downloaded it. Some of the books I am not interested in but some are really good-and for that price, unbelievable. So today, I left a great review. And for my great review, he is GIVING me another download of over 1000 ebooks. ALL for about $6. WAY COOL!

And yes, I do wonder about virus and such as I am downloading but my antivirus hasn't picked up anything.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/22/22 at 7:54 pm

I have officially started my Christmas shopping-YAY! Hopefully, I will be done by tomorrow. The problem is that my youngest (5 years old) only asked for one thing-Rainbow dolls. First of all, I never heard of them before. I went to Amazon and OMG-those things are SOOOO UGLY!!! They are basically Made in China crap! I try not to buy Made in China crap if I can help it but that is the only thing she asked for. I asked Carlos if I should compromise my own conviction to get her what she asked for. He said no. So, I went back to my step-daughter asking if she would like something else. She said that was the ONLY thing she asked for and it was up to me if I wanted to get her something else. So, I got her a Green toy which was made in the US out of recyclable material. My conscience is at peace now.

Now, I have to buy I don't know how many more gifts. Yeah, I spend a fortune every November/December because not only do we have 8 grandkids to buy Christmas presents for, we also have 2 birthdays in December, too.

Cat

Just out of curiosity, I looked up "Rainbow Dolls" after I read your post, because I never heard of them. They remind me of those tacky paintings of kids with big eyes that people had in the 1960s.  :D

Written By: nally on 11/22/22 at 9:41 pm

Thanks, Jeffrey!  And safe travels to you.

Thanks, Howard!

Thank you as well. We’re gonna leave the house at about 10 a.m. (pacific time) to travel up Highway 101 to our destination.

Today at work, I made sure everything was taken care of before I left the office, so that when I get back there next Monday, I can ease back into what I need to do.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/22 at 2:02 pm

Just out of curiosity, I looked up "Rainbow Dolls" after I read your post, because I never heard of them. They remind me of those tacky paintings of kids with big eyes that people had in the 1960s.  :D

The big eyed paintings are better looking than these dolls. She will be getting 2 of them because a couple others got them for her. Like I said, I couldn't in all good conscience buy any of them.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/23/22 at 4:06 pm

Tomorrow I’m going to pig out😂I hope everyone enjoys their dinners!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/22 at 6:04 pm

All gifts (sans one) are bought. I am waiting for that one because it will be delivered to their door and I don't want it coming too soon. My credit cards are VERY tired right now and need a rest-even though I just used them on myself.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/23/22 at 7:39 pm

All gifts (sans one) are bought. I am waiting for that one because it will be delivered to their door and I don't want it coming too soon. My credit cards are VERY tired right now and need a rest-even though I just used them on myself.

Cat

I like gifting myself too :P

Written By: Ripley on 11/23/22 at 7:40 pm

All my Christmas shopping is complete. The pro (my mom) is wrapping the presents.

Written By: nally on 11/23/22 at 11:46 pm

Tomorrow I’m going to pig out. I hope everyone enjoys their dinners!

I hope so too. I’m looking forward to having a nice meal.

Btw, we arrived at our destination safely this afternoon. Enjoying the time with our extended family members.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/22 at 3:03 am

Tomorrow I’m going to pig out😂I hope everyone enjoys their dinners!

Enjoy your day Rip. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/24/22 at 1:32 pm

All my Christmas shopping is complete. The pro (my mom) is wrapping the presents.

And…. Now all that’s left are adding the bows.

Written By: Ripley on 11/24/22 at 1:33 pm

Enjoy your day Rip. :)

Thank you Howard, you too!

Written By: nally on 11/24/22 at 1:39 pm

And…. Now all that’s left are adding the bows.

I still have yet to start my holiday shopping. Hopefully I’ll get to it by the first full week or December. Fortunately I have an idea as to what I’m gonna buy. :)

Anyway I hope you have had a good Thanksgiving day holiday!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/22 at 1:54 pm

I like gifting myself too :P

It was my tea which isn't actually a gift per say.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/24/22 at 3:09 pm

I hope many of you here will remember Bobby? I am still in touch with him via Facebook.

A couple of years ago he got together with an American girl he met on line. He moved out to the US very recently, and today they got married

Written By: Ripley on 11/24/22 at 3:29 pm

I hope many of you here will remember Bobby? I am still in touch with him via Facebook.

A couple of years ago he got together with an American girl he met on line. He moved out to the US very recently, and today they got married

I remember. Congrats to them!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/22 at 3:34 pm

Way cool. Give him our congratulations. Where in the U.S.?

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/24/22 at 3:37 pm

Way cool. Give him our congratulations. Where in the U.S.?

Cat

I can answer this. I believe it is somewhere in the state of Arizona.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/22 at 3:58 pm

Congrats to them both.

I remember him well.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/24/22 at 10:05 pm

Greetings from Ohio - and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Written By: nally on 11/24/22 at 11:27 pm

Same to you! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/25/22 at 3:04 am

Thank you Howard, you too!

My Parents brought in White Castle.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/22 at 3:05 am

That's wonderful, Congrats to them :)

Written By: Howard on 11/25/22 at 3:06 am

Happy Holidays to you AG. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/22 at 4:54 am

Enjoy your holiday!

A sudden arrival of a family friend and my family tonight means I am not sure when I will be next online.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/25/22 at 9:57 am

My Parents brought in White Castle.

I used to love White Castle burgers, 2 bits per burger but so yummy.  Haven't seen them in years

Written By: nally on 11/25/22 at 10:10 am

Enjoy your holiday!

A sudden arrival of a family friend and my family tonight means I am not sure when I will be next online.

Please take care with them.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/22 at 1:26 pm

I used to love White Castle burgers, 2 bits per burger but so yummy.  Haven't seen them in years

I can eat a lot of them in one sitting but then after a while it catches up to you, the total number of hamburgers I can eat is probably about 6.

Written By: nally on 11/25/22 at 2:01 pm

I can eat a lot of them in one sitting but then after a while it catches up to you, the total number of hamburgers I can eat is probably about 6.

1 is usually enough for me in a single sitting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/25/22 at 2:02 pm

I remember our first trip across country. We saw one when the car died in Indianapolis. I told you that I had never been to one. You said that we had got to change that. So, we went. That was the first and last time I have ever been.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/26/22 at 6:55 am

I remember our first trip across country. We saw one when the car died in Indianapolis. I told you that I had never been to one. You said that we had got to change that. So, we went. That was the first and last time I have ever been.

Cat

What did you order?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/22 at 7:05 am

I'm trying to figure out this co-worker of mine who I work with when he's there during the week, I like him a lot and he's been there I believe about 6 months and I feel so comfortable with him that we like each other's company, he's almost 60 years old, he's funny and quite smart and he has 40 years in the business plus he knows a lot of customers from the past King Kullen he used to work at on Long Island, I wanted to give him my my cell number, he said "Don't worry about it" then after that I wanted to give him my e-mail too and he said the very same thing, maybe it's much too early to do this right now so I'll probably wait until next year (2023) until him himself feels comfortable, maybe by that time he'll change his mind and we can go out for a lunch or maybe a light snack, sort of like a get-together. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/26/22 at 10:17 am

1 is usually enough for me in a single sitting.

Are you talking about White Castle burgers?  They're really small, like 3X3 inches

Written By: karen on 11/26/22 at 12:38 pm

Howard, did you explain why you wanted to swap cell phone numbers? Perhaps if you said that you wanted to meet for lunch sometime he might understand why you wanted to keep in touch with him.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/22 at 1:31 pm

Are you talking about White Castle burgers?  They're really small, like 3X3 inches

Yes, she's referring to White Castle burgers, they're so delicious.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/22 at 1:36 pm

Howard, did you explain why you wanted to swap cell phone numbers? Perhaps if you said that you wanted to meet for lunch sometime he might understand why you wanted to keep in touch with him.

Yes I said that maybe one day if he's off we can meet for a snack or perhaps a drink (he loves to drink a bit of alcohol sometimes) I don't understand why he wouldn't accept my number or perhaps my email? I'll just back off and wait till he's good and ready I don't want to push the situation too far. Being with him, I find him just so funny and just a good person plus I love to hear his stories he tells, co workers and customers like him.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/22 at 2:22 pm

What did you order?

I don't remember. That almost 25 years ago. Do you remember what your ordered 25 years ago?

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/26/22 at 5:16 pm

Well...I'm now back home. Had a great time visiting a certain branch of the family in Paso Robles. :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/26/22 at 5:24 pm

Well...I'm now back home. Had a great time visiting a certain branch of the family in Paso Robles. :)

Next time you can visit an uncertain branch of the family. Wouldn't want to leave them out.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/22 at 5:25 pm

Glad you had a safe return and a good time.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/26/22 at 5:26 pm

Glad you had a safe return and a good time.

Cat

Thanks. They appreciated our company.

The drive back down highway 101 was pleasant too.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/22 at 3:17 am

I don't remember. That almost 25 years ago. Do you remember what your ordered 25 years ago?

Cat

No, I get your point.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/27/22 at 10:09 am

What did you order?

We went to a White Castle burger joint.  Take 3 guesses  :) :)

Written By: karen on 11/27/22 at 2:01 pm

Chicken?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/22 at 2:12 pm

Chicken?

Lobster Thermidor.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/27/22 at 3:15 pm

;D burgers?

Written By: Howard on 11/27/22 at 3:16 pm

Lobster Thermidor.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Lobster Burger?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/27/22 at 10:26 pm

Home from Ohio.  Had a good time.  Tired from driving but doing OK.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/22 at 3:17 am

Welcome Back Home AG, How's the family?  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/22 at 4:55 am

Back online
It's been a while
Back online
And with a smile.

Written By: Ripley on 11/28/22 at 3:01 pm

Welcome back!

Written By: Ripley on 11/28/22 at 3:01 pm

Back online
It's been a while
Back online
And with a smile.

Welcome back!

Written By: Howard on 11/28/22 at 3:22 pm

I'm trying to figure out this co-worker of mine who I work with when he's there during the week, I like him a lot and he's been there I believe about 6 months and I feel so comfortable with him that we like each other's company, he's almost 60 years old, he's funny and quite smart and he has 40 years in the business plus he knows a lot of customers from the past King Kullen he used to work at on Long Island, I wanted to give him my my cell number, he said "Don't worry about it" then after that I wanted to give him my e-mail too and he said the very same thing, maybe it's much too early to do this right now so I'll probably wait until next year (2023) until him himself feels comfortable, maybe by that time he'll change his mind and we can go out for a lunch or maybe a light snack, sort of like a get-together.

I was just discussing hanging out with my co-worker Bob this morning, he goes to this bar once in a while to relax for drink and lunch, his days off are different than mine so one day we could figure things out on how were going to work it. I'd love to spend some time with a nice co-worker of mine, he told me to bring a lot of money or a credit card so I must be prepared when the time comes.

Written By: Ripley on 11/28/22 at 4:06 pm

he told to bring a lot of money or a credit card so I must be prepared when the time comes.

Is he going to make you pay? That’s not a great way to start a friendship.  :(

Written By: Howard on 11/29/22 at 3:20 am

Is he going to make you pay? That’s not a great way to start a friendship.  :(

No I'm going to pay, I was checking out the burgers and they're 16 dollars and the dessert menu, the prices are $10 dollars.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/22 at 8:52 am

It's very hard to be online
Went your broadband cuts out time after time
So one thing to do that's best
Put your head down and have some rest.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/29/22 at 10:38 am

I was just discussing hanging out with my co-worker Bob this morning, he goes to this bar once in a while to relax for drink and lunch, his days off are different than mine so one day we could figure things out on how were going to work it. I'd love to spend some time with a nice co-worker of mine, he told me to bring a lot of money or a credit card so I must be prepared when the time comes.

This doesn't sound right to me

Written By: Ripley on 11/29/22 at 1:29 pm

That’s what I’m saying too.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/22 at 3:48 pm

What doesn't sound right? The small restaurant is a bit expensive so he told me to bring a lot of money cause the food prices over there are pricey, I would like to try it out one time and see how good the food is.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/22 at 4:25 pm

What doesn't sound right? The small restaurant is a bit expensive so he told me to bring a lot of money cause the food prices over there are pricey, I would like to try it out one time and see how good the food is.

The way you wrote it, it sounds like he wants YOU to pay his way. That is the part that sounds wrong. If both of you are planning to pay your own way, then what he said is legit. We are just looking out for you, Howard.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/29/22 at 11:13 pm

Welcome back. O0 Yeap, lotsa driving can make you tired. Glad you're home safe & sound.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/22 at 7:14 am

The way you wrote it, it sounds like he wants YOU to pay his way. That is the part that sounds wrong. If both of you are planning to pay your own way, then what he said is legit. We are just looking out for you, Howard.

Cat

I'm sure he has money to pay for himself, It's a small tavern/restaurant he told me about that he goes for lunch, he told me he orders the cheeseburger and wings and I asked him about it and then I thought that maybe on my day off Him And I can go to that place but both of us have to have the same days off to do this, doing this is a good way to get to know him a bit better and to go out and explore and meet new people which I'm trying to do.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/30/22 at 9:50 am

I'm sure he has money to pay for himself, It's a small tavern/restaurant he told me about that he goes for lunch, he told me he orders the cheeseburger and wings and I asked him about it and then I thought that maybe on my day off Him And I can go to that place but both of us have to have the same days off to do this, doing this is a good way to get to know him a bit better and to go out and explore and meet new people which I'm trying to do.

That sounds better.  Have a good time

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/22 at 11:39 am

It's very hard to be online
Went your broadband cuts out time after time
So one thing to do that's best
Put your head down and have some rest.
That was precisely what I did, and could not be bothered to switch the computer back on.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/22 at 11:43 am

After a day of rushing around London, I finally got to be online.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/22 at 1:28 pm

That sounds better.  Have a good time

Thanks, I find him to be quite funny, I've never seen him angry since I've known him for the past couple of months, I enjoy his company and both of us are a good team when it comes to working together.

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/22 at 5:08 pm

Thanks, I find him to be quite funny, I've never seen him angry since I've known him for the past couple of months, I enjoy his company and both of us are a good team when it comes to working together.

Have a good time (whenever you get to go)!

Written By: nally on 12/01/22 at 12:03 am

That's awesome. O0 Always good to have people like that.

Written By: nally on 12/01/22 at 12:05 am

Anyways... today was a busy (but productive) day at the office. Got all of our end-of-month tasks done without too much trouble. O0

Written By: Howard on 12/01/22 at 3:21 am

Have a good time (whenever you get to go)!

Thanks.

Check for new replies or respond here...