inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dashing into December 2022...

Written By: nally on 12/01/22 at 12:24 am

Well here we are, in the final month of the year 2022. Where has this year gone?!

Anyways...this is your new monthly thread.

As I always say: White rabbits!!

Subject: Re: Dashing into December 2022...

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/22 at 12:32 pm

Where has this year gone?!
Exactly!!!

White rabbit!!

Written By: Howard on 12/01/22 at 3:38 pm

Exactly!!!

White rabbit!!

This year went fast.  :o

Written By: nally on 12/02/22 at 12:20 am

^It sure has.

So, let's make the best of this final month of it.

I have started by enjoying the first day. This weekend we're gonna start decorating our house for the holidays.

Written By: karen on 12/02/22 at 12:02 pm

Start of Christmas in school. Today was the first of our carol concerts featuring tableaux of religious works of art (appropriate to the carol/reading). My mother in law went to the performance this afternoon and loved it.

Dai and I are going out for a meal tonight. It is his birthday next week so we are celebrating early

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/22 at 2:22 pm

Carlos is in bed with pneumonia.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  He is on meds so hopefully, they will start kicking in and he will start to feel better.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/02/22 at 3:51 pm

Carlos is in bed with pneumonia.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  He is on meds so hopefully, they will start kicking in and he will start to feel better.

Cat

Hope he feels better.

Written By: Ripley on 12/02/22 at 5:27 pm

Cat

Oh no :\'(

Written By: nally on 12/02/22 at 9:58 pm

Cat

Oh no; sorry to hear of this. :o Sending well wishes his way.

Written By: nally on 12/02/22 at 10:04 pm

Anyways, I left the house earlier than usual this morning to go to work (cuz of the rain), but I ended up being 10 minutes late due to an accident on the freeway. I tried taking a detour to get around it, but plenty of other motorists had the exact same idea. At least I got to the office safely.
And I had to deal with plenty of bad traffic on the way home. Once I got home, I was glad to not have to be out in the rain anymore today.

Written By: nally on 12/03/22 at 5:09 pm

I have started by enjoying the first day. This weekend we're gonna start decorating our house for the holidays.

And we just put up our outdoor lights.

Inside, we assembled the tree that we’re gonna have downstairs.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/22 at 2:38 pm

Carlos is FINALLY starting to feel better. He still isn't 100% but he is up and he did eat-something he hasn't done in the last 2 days.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/22 at 2:42 pm

Carlos is FINALLY starting to feel better. He still isn't 100% but he is up and he did eat-something he hasn't done in the last 2 days.

Cat
I wish Carlos well!

Written By: Howard on 12/04/22 at 3:21 pm

Cat

That's good to know. O0

Written By: Ripley on 12/04/22 at 5:19 pm

Cat

That’s great to hear!

Written By: nally on 12/04/22 at 11:21 pm

Cat

Glad to hear he's improving. O0 Still going to send well-wishes his way.

Written By: nally on 12/04/22 at 11:33 pm

Today: put up the second Christmas tree (the one to be displayed upstairs) and did some other decorating. This week we hope to start hanging ornaments. (Starting with this year's Hallmark Puppy Love ornament.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/22 at 6:39 am

Today is a good day to get my Christmas cards written out, but my handwriting is fading away now.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/05/22 at 9:16 am

Today is a good day to get my Christmas cards written out, but my handwriting is fading away now.

Use an autopen. It's all the rage.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/22 at 9:22 am

Use an autopen. It's all the rage.
Not quite that useful when you have to address the cards to individual families etc.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/05/22 at 9:30 am

So I'm feeling a lot better, although nowhere near 100%.  Fever has broken and my appetite is returning.  My cough syrup tastes terrible!!!.  Thanks all for your concern

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/22 at 10:17 am

So I'm feeling a lot better, although nowhere near 100%.  Fever has broken and my appetite is returning.  My cough syrup tastes terrible!!!.  Thanks all for your concern
Good to hear, are you drinking plenty of liquid?

Written By: Ripley on 12/05/22 at 1:06 pm

I’m glad you’re better :)

Written By: Howard on 12/05/22 at 2:38 pm

Glad you're feeling better.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/22 at 8:15 am

Hopefully Christmas shopping all done (still got to wrap them), and sent my Christmas cards.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/06/22 at 10:18 am

Hopefully Christmas shopping all done (still got to wrap them), and sent my Christmas cards.

O0 Great!  I've barely started.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/22 at 10:28 am

O0 Great!  I've barely started.

Thank you, I still need to workout a shopping for food, etc.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/06/22 at 11:48 am

Good to hear, are you drinking plenty of liquid?

Yes, mostly aguita (OJ is too sweet).  Today I might try a more adult beverage

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/22 at 12:18 pm

Water has always been the best to drink under those circumstances.

Are you progressing on to nourishment drinks to get your energy back?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/22 at 2:29 pm

Now that Carlos is on the mend, it is my turn.  ::) Coughing up a storm the last couple of days. But, today seems a bit better. Hopefully it will go away soon. And no it is NOT Covid. I tested yesterday.

Well, you have been drinking some of my herbal teas.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/22 at 2:36 pm

Now that Carlos is on the mend, it is my turn.  ::) Coughing up a storm the last couple of days. But, today seems a bit better. Hopefully it will go away soon. And no it is NOT Covid. I tested yesterday.

Cat
Please take good care.

In fact, I felt fluish yesterday, but much better today. We were meeting several different people over the last weekend.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/22 at 3:58 pm

Water has always been the best to drink under those circumstances.

Are you progressing on to nourishment drinks to get your energy back?

For me water is always good for a sore throat, helps to clear your passages from phlegm.

Written By: Ripley on 12/06/22 at 8:31 pm

Well, you have been drinking some of my herbal teas.

Cat

Awe I hope you’re much better soon Cat

Written By: nally on 12/08/22 at 11:41 pm

Today I had a productive day at my work (got all of it done), but on the way home an unexpected thing occurred with my car. (I discussed it in detail in the Sound Off Vent Tents Are Us thread in TTT.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/22 at 5:22 am

Everything's all right
And all is fine
When you have guests
It's hard to be online

Written By: nally on 12/09/22 at 8:27 pm

Everything's all right
And all is fine
When you have guests
It's hard to be online

Please take care
In all you do.
We always look forward
To post with you.

Written By: nally on 12/10/22 at 5:31 pm

Had lunch with a group of friends at a seafood restaurant in the Ventura Harbor today.

Now I’m back home, where I intend to stay for the rest of the day.

Written By: nally on 12/11/22 at 12:58 pm

Almost done decorating inside the house. Then I gotta write Christmas cards.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/22 at 2:49 pm

It's snowing!!!

Will we had a white Christmas?

Written By: nally on 12/12/22 at 11:35 pm

Almost done decorating inside the house. Then I gotta write Christmas cards.

Still haven't gotten down to these yet!! :o I received another one in today's mail.

Written By: nally on 12/14/22 at 8:56 am

I have a dental appointment this morning, so I’ll be arriving at work about 2 hours later than usual.

Written By: nally on 12/14/22 at 10:02 pm

I have a dental appointment this morning, so I’ll be arriving at work about 2 hours later than usual.

I arrived at the dentist office 20 minutes before my appointment time, but I was able to get seen early and finish up in an hour. It went well.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/22 at 7:16 am

I arrived at the dentist office 20 minutes before my appointment time, but I was able to get seen early and finish up in an hour. It went well.

My next appointment is in February.

Written By: nally on 12/15/22 at 8:22 pm

My next appointment is in February.

I have my next appointment scheduled for June, but I wanna see about finding a different dentist closer to home. If I can’t, then I’ll keep the June appointment.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/22 at 7:37 am

Christmas has arrived early, my guests will be here today, I only hope my broadband stays up online, I have had many hours without it.

Written By: nally on 12/16/22 at 11:44 pm

So, today I found out at my work that our coworker who joined earlier this year, back in April, has decided to resign today, after working for our company for only eight months. She apparently accepted a new position elsewhere. My boss has said that a new person will be starting next week, on Tuesday. I am kinda bummed (for lack of a better word) that the aforementioned coworker worked for our company for less than a year, but I am hopeful that her replacement will work out.

Written By: nally on 12/17/22 at 6:05 pm

Today has been a good day for me.

First, I spent an hour volunteering at the library, doing some tasks there. While in the library, I found the young lady I met last month (she’s a library page) and had a nice chat with her. She’s quite friendly. At one point, we gave each other a big hug and wished each other a safe holiday season.

Then I went food shopping and bought a few items before driving home.

At home, I helped my mom bake a batch of Christmas cookies with the cookie press. So now I am chillaxing.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/18/22 at 10:14 am

Is there a hint of romance in the air at the library?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/22 at 5:10 pm

Santa just went past the house in a fire truck.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/18/22 at 7:15 pm

Cat

Awesome. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/santa/afro.gif

He went past my house in a similar vehicle just a few nights ago.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/22 at 3:15 am

Cat

I saw him when I waiting by the bus stop after work, he was waiving to the community.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/22 at 5:28 pm

I took over Carlos' dentist appointment today. He has to wait until March.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/19/22 at 11:01 pm

So, today I found out at my work that our coworker who joined earlier this year, back in April, has decided to resign today, after working for our company for only eight months. She apparently accepted a new position elsewhere. My boss has said that a new person will be starting next week, on Tuesday. I am kinda bummed (for lack of a better word) that the aforementioned coworker worked for our company for less than a year, but I am hopeful that her replacement will work out.

The new person actually showed up at the office this morning, thinking she was supposed to start today, but my boss reminded her that she was actually supposed to start tomorrow. Nonetheless, my boss showed the new worker around the office suite.

Tomorrow, when the new person officially starts, we are going to have lunch from Panera. (I'll be making the order and driving there to pick it up, then bring it back to the office.)

Written By: nally on 12/20/22 at 10:34 pm

The new person actually showed up at the office this morning, thinking she was supposed to start today, but my boss reminded her that she was actually supposed to start tomorrow. Nonetheless, my boss showed the new worker around the office suite.

Tomorrow, when the new person officially starts, we are going to have lunch from Panera. (I'll be making the order and driving there to pick it up, then bring it back to the office.)

So today, things went well at the office. My boss and I welcomed the new worker - a woman - to the office, showed her around, and introduced her to the various things we typically do, as well as the duties she’ll be performing.

At lunch time, I fetched the order from Panera, brought it back to the office; the three of us sat together and had a pleasant discussion as we ate.

Written By: karen on 12/22/22 at 3:55 pm

Yesterday some of the Morris dancers and their families met at a local country park for a walk. We had lunch at a pub and then went back to the park to climb the hill and then dance the sun down.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/22 at 4:17 pm

Yesterday some of the Morris dancers and their families met at a local country park for a walk. We had lunch at a pub and then went back to the park to climb the hill and then dance the sun down.

I have to say that I think it is SOOOO cool that you are a Morris dancer.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/22/22 at 11:40 pm

So today, things went well at the office. My boss and I welcomed the new worker - a woman - to the office, showed her around, and introduced her to the various things we typically do, as well as the duties she’ll be performing.

So far, this woman seems to be acclimating well to our office; my boss spent a good part of the day training her with the duties she'll be performing. I even helped her out with a few things as well.
She's been in our office for less than a week, but I'm thinking she's gonna work out well. She seems quite nice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/22 at 12:07 am

Seasons greetings.

This is my only chance to be online, so I wish you all the best for the festive season.

Philip

Written By: Howard on 12/23/22 at 3:31 am

Seasons greetings.

This is my only chance to be online, so I wish you all the best for the festive season.

Philip

Merry Christmas Phil. :)

Written By: nally on 12/23/22 at 7:58 pm

Seasons greetings.

Philip

Thank you Philip; wishing you a safe holiday season as well. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/23/22 at 11:29 pm

Seasons greetings.

Philip

Have a great holiday season, Philip!  :)

Written By: nally on 12/24/22 at 11:44 am

Today we’re gonna do some housework to get our home all nice and tidy for Christmas (even though we’re not having anyone over). Then tonight we’re gonna see about attending a Christmas Eve service at a local church.

Written By: nally on 12/25/22 at 1:00 pm

It has been a pleasant Christmas morning in my household. :)
Got up early (by 6 am) to open up our gifts, then cook breakfast, and play some of our Christmas music cds. Now we’re taking it easy until it’s time to cook our holiday dinner.

Written By: nally on 12/26/22 at 11:05 pm

And so, after an exciting/well-spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I took it easy for most of today. Tomorrow I go back to work. And it's gonna be busy for me, since it's the final week of the month, the year, and a quarter.

Written By: nally on 12/27/22 at 7:21 pm

I had a shorter day at work than usual; this is because my car needed a major repair done to it. Still, I managed to get all of my work completed.

Written By: nally on 12/31/22 at 11:21 am

So, on this final day of 2022, I'm going to spend the day inside my house. Not going out anywhere because we're supposed to have rain for much, if not all, of the day.

Check for new replies or respond here...