inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What did you have in your childhood area that you dont have now in your current area?

Written By: Dude111 on 12/27/22 at 12:47 pm

I mi$$ alot of the good things I had in the 80s and before....

Good food,etc.............

Subject: Re: What did you have in your childhood area that you dont have now in your current area?

Written By: karen on 12/27/22 at 1:16 pm

A swing in my garden

Subject: Re: What did you have in your childhood area that you dont have now in your current area?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/27/22 at 1:20 pm

I mi$$ alot of the good things I had in the 80s and before....

Good food,etc.............

You have no good food now?  :o

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/27/22 at 2:42 pm

I miss the Maxwell Street Market in Chicago.  This popular flea market was famously featured in the 1980's film The Blues Brothers.  I used to go there with my family as a child and teen - it was fun even if we didn't buy anything.  (And you could find most anything.)  It was only open on the weekend.  My most memorable purchase, besides cassettes and 8-track tapes, was the used rusty white 3-speed bicycle I took to college with me.  I got a ton of use out of that $15.00 bike.

It's true - there were often Blues musicians performing on the street there.  There were also shops, delis, and hot dog stands there.  Fun place!  Sadly, it was dismantled sometime in the late 80's (I think).  There was an attempt to revive it later, but the new one was nothing like the original.

This clip shows footage from Maxwell Street Market during the 1960s.  It's a little long but it captures things well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEOxqcXmg0s

Written By: Howard on 12/27/22 at 2:44 pm

push button phones.

Subject: What did you have in your childhood area that you dont have now in your current area?

Written By: Dude111 on 12/28/22 at 9:49 am

Yes good quality push button (Touch tone) phones!!

Check for new replies or respond here...