inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Fantastic February 2023 thread.

Written By: nally on 02/01/23 at 12:09 am

January is now in the books.

Welcome to February!!

White Rabbits!

Subject: Re: The Fantastic February 2023 thread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/23 at 1:18 am

White Rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 02/01/23 at 3:02 am

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day, we will see if Phil sees his shadows tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/23 at 3:06 am

I am trying to find my DVD of the film!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/01/23 at 9:25 am

Friday is my birthday.  Going with hubby to the movie theater matinee (seeing The Chosen season 3 finale) then out for a seafood dinner at Bonefish.  :D  Can't wait!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/23 at 9:31 am

Friday is my birthday.  Going with hubby to the movie theater matinee (seeing The Chosen season 3 finale) then out for a seafood dinner at Bonefish.  :D  Can't wait!

Whoo-Hoo!!!!

..and take good care.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/23 at 2:44 pm

Happy Birthday AG, you going to come home for birthday cake and presents?  :)

Written By: nally on 02/01/23 at 11:36 pm

And this year will mark 30 years since the film premiered in theatres.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/23 at 5:22 am

I'll settle on watching the trailer on YouTube.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/23 at 2:39 pm

So now that we are in February, how is everyone doing on their new year's resolutions? Given up already? For me:

-I am on book #3 of my 10 I want to read this year. (4 if you count one that wasn't really much of a book.)
-I am in the middle of organizing/decluttering the office.
-I am plugging away at the project I am working on about an old theatre. I was HOPING it would be done by now but I think I might have a few more weeks to go.
-I am still doing my new exercise routine and I feel the difference. I MAY have dropped a lb or 2 but it is really too soon to tell.

I would say that I am off to good start. I just hope that I don't run out of steam before everything is accomplished.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/02/23 at 11:09 pm

So now that we are in February, how is everyone doing on their new year's resolutions? Given up already? For me:

-I am on book #3 of my 10 I want to read this year. (4 if you count one that wasn't really much of a book.)
-I am plugging away at the project I am working on about an old theatre. I was HOPING it would be done by now but I think I might have a few more weeks to go.
-I am still doing my new exercise routine and I feel the difference. I MAY have dropped a lb or 2 but it is really too soon to tell.

I would say that I am off to good start. I just hope that I don't run out of steam before everything is accomplished.

Cat

Sounds to me like you're off to an excellent start. O0 Well done.

I'm still workin' on trying to declutter, but I can only do that on weekends because I work during the week.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/23 at 3:32 am

Cat

My New Year's resolution is to continue to go out and do more things with my friend which I am doing so far.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/03/23 at 9:45 am

My new years resolution was to not make new years resolutions, and so far I'm doing great

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/23 at 10:47 am

My family will soon be here, and the weekend begins now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/23 at 2:49 pm

Sounds to me like you're off to an excellent start. O0 Well done.

I'm still workin' on trying to declutter, but I can only do that on weekends because I work during the week.

What I have been doing is work on it for just a bit everyday (except Tuesdays because that is my day off). Some days I will only work about 5 minutes, other days 10 or 15 minutes. Just a bit. Yeah, it takes a long time but I don't get overwhelmed with the daunting task at hand.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/03/23 at 7:42 pm

What I have been doing is work on it for just a bit everyday (except Tuesdays because that is my day off). Some days I will only work about 5 minutes, other days 10 or 15 minutes. Just a bit. Yeah, it takes a long time but I don't get overwhelmed with the daunting task at hand.

Cat

That’s good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/23 at 11:03 am

Cat
O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/23 at 11:04 am

Slight reprieve, family have gone to a party leaving me on my own...

Written By: nally on 02/04/23 at 12:22 pm

Gonna go out today to have lunch with a group of friends, then maybe make another stop somewhere else. I also have some housework to do; I might be able to do some of that before I leave the house in a couple of hours.

Written By: karen on 02/04/23 at 6:02 pm

Just got back from a Morris “Ale” - that is drinking and a nice meal and lots of dancing. Nice to be part of it, but we didn’t dance much we do a different style to the majority of the dancers there. Instead we got to a show dance so no pressure

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/23 at 5:53 am

All back to normal, the weekend was an enjoyable one

Written By: karen on 02/09/23 at 12:06 pm

I went to Kew Gardens yesterday with year 9 as part of their geography course. We visited the temperate and tropical glasshouses. I would like to go back another time.

In other news my niece had her first baby on Sunday. She has named him after my dad.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/09/23 at 12:28 pm

I went to Kew Gardens yesterday with year 9 as part of their geography course. We visited the temperate and tropical glasshouses. I would like to go back another time.

Sounds wonderful!

In other news my niece had her first baby on Sunday. She has named him after my dad.

Congrats on your new nephew!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/23 at 3:35 pm

Mazel Tov!

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/09/23 at 10:52 pm

Been a busy week at my work; we’ve been preparing for an upcoming audit, which has been quite challenging in some ways. But my boss has been very appreciative of my assistance.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/23 at 3:01 am

Congratulations. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/23 at 9:12 am

The last time I went to Kew Gardens the admission fee was astronomical, even for my age. I can remember the time when the admission was just one single coin, but I cannot recall which coin, but think it was a pound.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/23 at 9:13 am

Congratulations

Written By: karen on 02/10/23 at 4:56 pm

A group from work went to the theatre tonight to see an amateur production of Stepping Out. A former teacher was one of the dancers.

It was a great show, with lots of laughs.

Written By: nally on 02/12/23 at 4:47 pm

A group from work went to the theatre tonight to see an amateur production of Stepping Out. A former teacher was one of the dancers.

It was a great show, with lots of laughs.

Glad to hear it. O0 Sounds like it was fun.

Written By: nally on 02/14/23 at 9:01 pm

Had a busy but good day today. :)

Written By: karen on 02/16/23 at 6:50 am

Off work this week for half term.

Yesterday I drove across to Burghley House, Lincolnshire for lunch with a friend who was over from the US. He was only here for a couple of days on business. I arranged to meet him as he was heading back down to Heathrow airport.

Tomorrow Dai and I are going to Cambridge for an orienteering weekend. Elizabeth and her boyfriend are joining us and we will meet up with James as well.

Written By: nally on 02/16/23 at 10:21 pm

I have a tax appointment this weekend. Just like last year, this year I'm getting my taxes done by a professional. So by tomorrow night, I gotta have it all prepared so I can take it with me to my appointment.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/17/23 at 10:07 am

I have a tax appointment this weekend. Just like last year, this year I'm getting my taxes done by a professional. So by tomorrow night, I gotta have it all prepared so I can take it with me to my appointment.

Yea, it's a good idea to go to a professional every few years

Written By: nally on 02/17/23 at 7:33 pm

Yea, it's a good idea to go to a professional every few years

I went to one last year, and he was great. And just a couple weeks ago, I received an email from him as a reminder for this year. So I agreed to the appointment.

Written By: nally on 02/17/23 at 7:35 pm

Today was a good day for me at the office. My boss decided to take me and my coworker out for lunch at a nearby Italian restaurant. First she discussed the plans with us yesterday and asked if we’d be ok with going out; and we agreed to do it today. So we had a nice meal out.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/17/23 at 10:20 pm

Got COVID.  Mild so far, like a head cold.  UGH!!!  :(

Written By: nally on 02/17/23 at 11:52 pm

Oh no!! :o :o So sorry to hear of this!

Sending prayers your way.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/23 at 2:59 am

Sorry about that hopefully you recover soon. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/23 at 6:53 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/18/23 at 10:17 am

Get well soon, and NO long covid - and that's an order

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/18/23 at 12:04 pm

Oh no!  :-X  Best wishes.

Written By: nally on 02/18/23 at 2:10 pm

I went to one last year, and he was great. And just a couple weeks ago, I received an email from him as a reminder for this year. So I agreed to the appointment.

And I’m glad to report that everything went well with my appointment. I’m gonna be getting some cash back. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/18/23 at 10:12 pm

And I’m glad to report that everything went well with my appointment. I’m gonna be getting some cash back. O0

Good to hear!  O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/23 at 6:33 am

Please get well soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/23 at 8:10 am

I am feeling flu-ish, it is not COVID just feeling rough with it

My family are out
Visiting places unseen
I'm stuck at home
In "quarantine"

Written By: nally on 02/19/23 at 11:09 am

My family are out
Visiting places unseen
I'm stuck at home
In "quarantine"

Sending well wishes to you.
That’s all I can really do.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/19/23 at 11:20 am

My family are out
Visiting places unseen
I'm stuck at home
In "quarantine"

Sorry to hear this, Philip.  :(  Wishing you well - take good care.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/23 at 2:10 pm

My family are out
Visiting places unseen
I'm stuck at home
In "quarantine"

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/19/23 at 2:44 pm

Best wishes and healthy thoughts to those who are currently unwell

Dai and I went to Cambridge for the weekend. We drove down on Friday in time for lunch, then went around a museum/art gallery in the afternoon.
On Saturday we met James and then went orienteering. There were two sprint events: one was around a science park and the other around a 70s social housing estate. Both were good fun x fast and furious running for those that could manage it. In the evening we all went out for a meal and James beat Dai at table football (fusball?)

Elizabeth and her boyfriend Paul were also in Cambridge for the weekend. They were rowing/coxing in the alumni boats at their college regatta on the Saturday.

Today we went to another orienteering event. This time Elizabeth and Paul also orienteered (I suspect James was sleeping). This was a forest event, and a bit trickier navigating than the street running of yesterday.

Afterwards we went for a pub lunch before going our separate ways.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/23 at 2:50 pm

My family are out
Visiting places unseen
I'm stuck at home
In "quarantine"

Feel better soon.

Written By: nally on 02/20/23 at 11:08 pm

So while many people had today (Monday) as a holiday, it was not a holiday for my office, so I had to go to work today. But that's ok, because there was lots of stuff to keep me busy. Traffic wasn't too bad going in, either.

Written By: Howard on 02/21/23 at 7:22 am

So while many people had today (Monday) as a holiday, it was not a holiday for my office, so I had to go to work today. But that's ok, because there was lots of stuff to keep me busy. Traffic wasn't too bad going in, either.

I had to go to work too, I didn't mind at least it keeps me busy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/23 at 11:43 am

Feel better soon.
Thank you.

I am feeling better now, but still taking it easy. Today I had plenty of other things to do, like it wil be tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 02/21/23 at 7:23 pm

I had to go to work too, I didn't mind at least it keeps me busy.

Mine keeps me busy too. I'm happy that I have a job I'm comfortable with. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/23 at 1:49 am

Thank you.

I am feeling better now, but still taking it easy. Today I had plenty of other things to do, like it will be tomorrow.
As the weather looks for today, with downpours of rain, I expect a local day for me.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/23 at 2:22 am

Mine keeps me busy too. I'm happy that I have a job I'm comfortable with. :)

I'm happy that I have a job to make me money and I get a paycheck every Thursday.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/26/23 at 9:20 pm

I'm happy that I have a job to make me money and I get a paycheck every Thursday.  :)

So you get paid weekly? Interesting.

I get paid twice per month, usually at the middle and end of the month. So this Tuesday I'll be getting my next paycheck.

Written By: nally on 02/26/23 at 9:23 pm

Anyways, my family & I have plans to go out of town in April, for less than a week. We'll be traveling to the Grand Canyon - somewhere I've never been before. This will be great because we haven't really had any vacation trips since before Covid. So I may or may not be online during that span. (We'll leave on the 18th and come back on the 23rd. This means I'll only miss four work days.)

Written By: Howard on 02/27/23 at 2:57 am

So you get paid weekly? Interesting.

I get paid twice per month, usually at the middle and end of the month. So this Tuesday I'll be getting my next paycheck.

It all depends on my hours, sometimes I can work between 30-35 hours a week and get a good amount sized paycheck.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/27/23 at 8:29 am

Anyways, my family & I have plans to go out of town in April, for less than a week. We'll be traveling to the Grand Canyon - somewhere I've never been before. This will be great because we haven't really had any vacation trips since before Covid. So I may or may not be online during that span. (We'll leave on the 18th and come back on the 23rd. This means I'll only miss four work days.)

The Grand Canyon is AWESOME.  I've  been there a few times. There's nothing like it except for a canyon in Peru, I can't remember it's name.  Enjoy

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/23 at 10:24 am

You must go on the Skywalk, which looms high over the Canyon below.

Written By: karen on 02/27/23 at 11:39 am

You must go on the Skywalk, which looms high over the Canyon below.

Depends which bit of the canyon he is going to of course

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/27/23 at 11:48 am

Brady Bunch at the Grand Canyon:

https://www.bionicdisco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Brady_Bunch_At_The_Grand_Canyon_1971-500x370.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/23 at 12:05 pm

Depends which bit of the canyon he is going to of course
We took a coach tour from Las Vegas.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/23 at 1:48 pm

Carlos & I at the Grand Canyon in 2013.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52715028567_07aa4343be.jpg

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/23 at 1:58 pm

Cat
O0

We were there in 2013, in the month of September, one day before the governmental shutdown started.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/23 at 3:16 pm

Cat

Very Nice. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/23 at 3:18 pm

O0

We were there in 2013, in the month of September, one day before the governmental shutdown started.

This pic was taken September 7th, 2013.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/23 at 3:23 pm

Cat
From another posting on the boards:

September 27th 2013
Visited The Grand Canyon, walked on the Skywalk, and had another visited to the Hoover Dam.
It must had been this day we saw the Bellagio Fountain.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/23 at 5:35 pm

September 27th 2013
Visited The Grand Canyon, walked on the Skywalk, and had another visited to the Hoover Dam.

We were already home after 6 weeks on the road.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/27/23 at 11:25 pm

Cat

O0 Nice picture, Cat!

(We actually visited the Grand Canyon in 2012 - loved it!)

Written By: karen on 02/28/23 at 1:09 am

We went to Grand Canyon in April 2010. We were staying in Flagstaff Arizona and drove to the National park.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/23 at 4:16 am

September 27th 2013
I have photos of our visit, but I cannot display them online, my photo website now charges to use it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/23 at 6:34 am

I have photos of our visit, but I cannot display them online, my photo website now charges to use it.

Photobucket?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/23 at 9:46 am

Photobucket?

Cat
How did you know?  ;D

Written By: nally on 02/28/23 at 11:29 pm

The Grand Canyon is AWESOME.  I've been there a few times.

That's good.

I've never been there before; neither has my mom; but my dad went once with his family when he was a kid.

Seven more weeks til we leave to go there!!

Written By: nally on 02/28/23 at 11:31 pm

Cat

September 27th 2013

Ah...so you were each there 20 days apart!!

When I go there, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/02/23 at 9:15 am

Ah...so you were each there 20 days apart!!

When I go there, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures.

Don't get overwhelmed taking pictures that you forget to actually LOOK at the canyon

Written By: nally on 03/02/23 at 10:45 pm

Don't get overwhelmed taking pictures that you forget to actually LOOK at the canyon

Oh, I'm pretty sure I will look all around at it.

Check for new replies or respond here...