inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: March 2023 Monthly Thread

Written By: nally on 03/01/23 at 12:52 am

And so we wave goodbye to February and enter the month of March.

White Rabbits!! Let’s hope that the month brings good things to us all.

Subject: Re: March 2023 Monthly Thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/23 at 1:16 am

White rabbit!

Written By: Howard on 03/01/23 at 7:21 am

Looking forward to seeing what hours I have on Sunday, hopefully we can celebrate my birthday on my next day off.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/23 at 7:32 am

Looking forward to seeing what hours I have on Sunday, hopefully we can celebrate my birthday on my next day off.
Can you request this day as annual leave, then you will guaranteed the day off?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/23 at 7:37 am

Can you request this day as annual leave, then you will guaranteed the day off?

I can celebrate some other day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/23 at 12:15 pm

So the project I have been working on for the past 6 months is FINALLY winding down. I have a end date of tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. BUT THEN-at about 6a.m. this morning as I am laying in bed, I think of something else I want to include. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to do and the end date will be the same-or maybe a day later.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/02/23 at 9:42 pm

So the project I have been working on for the past 6 months is FINALLY winding down. I have a end date of tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. BUT THEN-at about 6a.m. this morning as I am laying in bed, I think of something else I want to include. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to do and the end date will be the same-or maybe a day later.

Cat

Good luck with all of that!

Written By: nally on 03/03/23 at 11:05 pm

End of a very busy work week for me. :o Now I can relax from it for the weekend.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/23 at 6:37 pm

Cat

Ok, I lied. This last piece is taking me a lot longer than I had hoped. I know I could finish it without it but I feel it is a VERY important piece-I just don't understand why I didn't think of it sooner. I still have a few more days left. Hopefully it will be completely finished by next weekend.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/05/23 at 3:09 am

Since my days off are on Friday And Saturday this week I decided to celebrate my birthday on either one of those days.

Written By: karen on 03/05/23 at 9:27 am

Not long got home from an orienteering event in Nottinghamshire. It was held on a former colliery that has been reclaimed and landscaped. Dai won his course. I did ok, in the mix with the same people as usual on my course.

Elizabeth competed in her first half marathon this morning. Not spoken to her yet, but we found her result on-line and she did quite well, taking about ten minutes off the time she predicted. She finished in one hour forty minutes.

Written By: nally on 03/05/23 at 9:33 pm

So, this afternoon my parents and I went to a classical concert at a local performing arts theater. It featured the New West Symphony, a local orchestra, which performed Symphonie Fantstique (by Berlioz), "Nimrod" from Enigma Variations (by Edward Elgar), as well as a more recent piece called Philharmonia Fantastique: The Making of the Orchestra (by Mason Bates, a modern composer). It was a great show all around. Most importantly, I enjoyed being able to get out and enjoy the arts, especially since I hadn't had a chance to see any live musical performances since before Covid.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 1:24 am

We have snow, but it is not laying!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 2:08 am

Today is a good day to stay in and watch movies.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/23 at 2:52 am

We didn't get much snow yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 3:25 am

It is just not laying here.

Written By: karen on 03/08/23 at 2:01 pm

Same here. It has been snowing most of the day but hasn’t settled. I guess it might now it has got dark.

James is home v briefly before driving to Birmingham. He has an interview tomorrow for a place on a teacher training course next September.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/23 at 2:48 pm

So it's melting?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 3:01 pm

So it's melting?
How can the snow melt if it has not laid on the ground?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/08/23 at 4:08 pm

How can the snow melt if it has not laid on the ground?

Then it will be called rain.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/23 at 4:21 pm

Then it will be called rain.

Cat
At that time this morning
It was snow falling from the sky
And people using umbrellas
To keep themselves all dry

Written By: nally on 03/08/23 at 11:48 pm

None at my area either, but I have been hearing about higher-elevation areas (in the mountains) getting plenty of it; however, it doesn’t affect me.

Written By: Howard on 03/09/23 at 3:04 am

None at my area either, but I have been hearing about higher-elevation areas (in the mountains) getting plenty of it; however, it doesn’t affect me.

And it doesn't look like any snow for the rest of March either, then Spring begins.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/09/23 at 10:27 am

My sister lives  in the San Bernardino Mts and it sure has affected her

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/23 at 1:49 pm

My sister lives  in the San Bernardino Mts and it sure has affected her

BIG TIME! She hasn't been able to get home for 2 weeks. But, I am glad that she has a safe harbor to ride this out.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/09/23 at 11:40 pm

My sister lives in the San Bernardino Mts and it sure has affected her

I believe it. I've heard about it on the local tv news and they've got plenty of it up there. Not to brag or anything, but I'm glad I don't have to go near it.

We are supposed to get more precipitation in the greater So Cal area this weekend. Starting tomorrow. So I'm likely gonna have to drive to and from work in the rain.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/23 at 6:38 pm

I FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY finished the project that I had been working on for about 6 months. YAY!!!! Now, to do everything that I had put on hold while working on this project.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/10/23 at 8:14 pm

I FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY finished the project that I had been working on for about 6 months. YAY!!!! Now, to do everything that I had put on hold while working on this project.

Cat

What is this secret project you keep mentioning? Inquiring minds want to know!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/23 at 8:07 am

I have mentioned it-and even posted a page or two from it somewhere. (Can't look for it now because I am on my tablet.) It is a scrapbook of a theatre where I did summer stock. The theatre was built in 1948 and was torn down in 1985. I scoured newspapers from that time and downloaded article after article and pieced together a snippet about every year. I even was able to get some photos (including of Barbra Striesand & Dustin Hoffman when they preformed there back in the 60s). I also have some programs and posters. I even made a list of EVERY play/show that was performed and when it was prefomed-sans two because these newspapers were not available. I put it all in a PDF file. I am still in touch with some of my theatre friends and I have given it to them.

Cat

Written By: karen on 03/11/23 at 9:31 am

Several colleagues and ex-colleagues have their birthday this week so we all went out for dinner last night. It was a great evening.

Today Dai and I went up to the Peak District. Dai is planning an orienteering event in some woodland there in October and he wanted to check out some of the features. There was still a lot of snow on the ground there (it has all melted here) and the tracks had frozen over which made it hard going in places.

Home in the warm now watching the rugby on the telly

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/23 at 2:21 pm

I have mentioned it-and even posted a page or two from it somewhere. (Can't look for it now because I am on my tablet.) It is a scrapbook of a theatre where I did summer stock. The theatre was built in 1948 and was torn down in 1985. I scoured newspapers from that time and downloaded article after article and pieced together a snippet about every year. I even was able to get some photos (including of Barbra Striesand & Dustin Hoffman when they preformed there back in the 60s). I also have some programs and posters. I even made a list of EVERY play/show that was performed and when it was prefomed-sans two because these newspapers were not available. I put it all in a PDF file. I am still in touch with some of my theatre friends and I have given it to them.

Cat

Found it now that I am on my computer. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35513.msg4141612#msg4141612

This how that page looks now. Not too much different than my first draft.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52741027149_fb352f81b0.jpg

Oh, and this is one of the Dustin Hoffman years. (He was there 2 years-1960, the same year as Barbra Streisand and this one.)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52741030789_9d74435905.jpg

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/11/23 at 2:52 pm

Found it now that I am on my computer. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35513.msg4141612#msg4141612

This how that page looks now. Not too much different than my first draft.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52741027149_fb352f81b0.jpg

Oh, and this is one of the Dustin Hoffman years. (He was there 2 years-1960, the same year as Barbra Streisand and this one.)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52741030789_9d74435905.jpg

Cat

Wow, that’s quite interesting! O0 Nice work!

I enjoy doing scrapbooking too. Mostly with photos.

Written By: nally on 03/13/23 at 10:42 pm

This day (and the next two) are going to be busy days at my work since we have the middle of the month coming up. (That's always a busy time for my company.) My work also has an 'audit' happening this week, so we're managing our time between that and our normal tasks.

Written By: karen on 03/15/23 at 5:23 pm

Big story in town

A fire broke out in a branch of HSBC bank situated in our market square in the centre of town. Flames were seen coming out of the roof this afternoon and it was spreading towards the town hall. I believe the fire is now out, but clean up and investigation into the cause is ongoing.

Written By: nally on 03/15/23 at 7:34 pm

This day (and the next two) are going to be busy days at my work since we have the middle of the month coming up. (That's always a busy time for my company.) My work also has an 'audit' happening this week, so we're managing our time between that and our normal tasks.

And today we finished the middle-of-month tasks! It seemed like there was much more to do this time around.

Written By: nally on 03/18/23 at 12:25 pm

Well, it’s now a whole month until I leave for my trip to the Grand Canyon. We have still been looking online for certain places to visit in the area.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/23 at 12:50 pm

Well, it’s now a whole month until I leave for my trip to the Grand Canyon. We have still been looking online for certain places to visit in the area.
We were based in Las Vegas and took a coach trip there. We walked on the Skywalk and visit a mock up cowboy town.

Written By: nally on 03/18/23 at 12:58 pm

We were based in Las Vegas and took a coach trip there. We walked on the Skywalk and visit a mock up cowboy town.

Well, for us, we will be flying from LAX to Phoenix. Then we’ll be renting a car and driving north from there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/23 at 1:06 pm

Well, for us, we will be flying from LAX to Phoenix. Then we’ll be renting a car and driving north from there.
I feel that it is a different part of Grand Canyon you will be visiting than us, mind the canyon is very long and big.

Written By: nally on 03/18/23 at 1:37 pm

I feel that it is a different part of Grand Canyon you will be visiting than us, mind the canyon is very long and big.

Yes it is very long and big, you're right. In fact, I just looked at a map of the state of Arizona. And to get there from Phoenix, we'll be heading north on Interstate 17 and possibly go through Sedona and then towards Williams (which is along I-40).

If I'm able to find wi-fi up there (particularly at the hotel we'll be staying at), I can give more details and possibly tell ya'll how I'm enjoying it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/23 at 2:07 pm

Last night Carlos' youngest called and said they would be paying us a visit today. It was only her and 2 of the kids. They pretty much came for lunch. It was a short but really nice visit.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/18/23 at 2:21 pm

Enjoy your trip.

Written By: karen on 03/18/23 at 3:52 pm

Yes it is very long and big, you're right. In fact, I just looked at a map of the state of Arizona. And to get there from Phoenix, we'll be heading north on Interstate 17 and possibly go through Sedona and then towards Williams (which is along I-40).

If I'm able to find wi-fi up there (particularly at the hotel we'll be staying at), I can give more details and possibly tell ya'll how I'm enjoying it.

We stayed in Flagstaff. As well as going to the Grand Canyon we visited Meteor Crater, some Native American sites and did a Pink Jeep tour in Sedona. We also went to Winslow to stand on the corner.

Written By: karen on 03/18/23 at 3:58 pm

It is Mothering Sunday (Mother’s Day) tomorrow. We left it too late to book a restaurant for tomorrow so we went out for dinner this evening to an Italian place in town.

When I came home from work yesterday there was a delivery from Flying Flowers in the hallway. I thought it was probably from Elizabeth. Turns out it had been left on the doorstep by the delivery guy and was actually for someone quite a way down the street.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/23 at 4:06 pm

We stayed in Flagstaff. As well as going to the Grand Canyon we visited Meteor Crater, some Native American sites and did a Pink Jeep tour in Sedona. We also went to Winslow to stand on the corner.

We stayed in Williams at an RV park since we had the camper van.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/18/23 at 6:12 pm

We stayed in Williams at an RV park since we had the camper van.

Cat

Good for you. O0 I know that we'll be going through Williams to catch the train that'll take us up to the Canyon itself.

It's still a whole month til the 18th of April, when we depart. But it'll be here before ya know it! ('Course, I'll need to prepare my packing lists and stuff.)

Written By: nally on 03/21/23 at 12:03 am

With about 4 weeks to go until we leave for our trip, I will still need to get things squared away at work; who's gonna fill in for me and do my tasks while I'm away. (My boss and I will discuss that, hopefully this week. She already knows I'm gonna be traveling.) But it's been quite busy over the past week because my company has had this routine audit going on; and it should hopefully be over with by tomorrow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/23 at 7:16 am

Luna(Tic) is going to the vet today for x-rays. Hopefully we can find out once and for all what is wrong with her. We have known for a lonv time that she wasn't right. The vet would just give her antibiotics but that didn't seem to take care of the problem. Meanwhile, because she can't have food or water because that have to sedate her, none of them can. They are about to start a mutiny.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/23 at 8:24 am

I've discovered what day it is
A day to celebrate
It's World Poetry Day
Go ahead and just create

Written By: nally on 03/23/23 at 11:56 pm

Luna(Tic) is going to the vet today for x-rays. Hopefully we can find out once and for all what is wrong with her. We have known for a lonv time that she wasn't right. The vet would just give her antibiotics but that didn't seem to take care of the problem. Meanwhile, because she can't have food or water because that have to sedate her, none of them can. They are about to start a mutiny.

Cat

Sorry to hear of this. :( Did you find out anything yet?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/23 at 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear of this. :( Did you find out anything yet?

The good news is that she doesn't have kidney stones but her kidneys were distressed (whatever that means). They are putting her on special food which Carlos is on his way to getting right now because they didn't have it when we went to pick her up. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem and she will stop peeing outside the box.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/24/23 at 7:49 pm

The good news is that she doesn't have kidney stones but her kidneys were distressed (whatever that means). They are putting her on special food which Carlos is on his way to getting right now because they didn't have it when we went to pick her up. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem and she will stop peeing outside the box.  :-\\

Cat

Good to know. O0 Thanks for the update.

Written By: nally on 03/25/23 at 9:27 pm

So, today I went to the library to do some volunteer work; after that I drove to the store to do some food shopping. When I got home and unloaded the groceries, I noticed that everything I bought was in the grocery bags I carried into the house.. except for one item. So I went back into the car to see if it might have fallen out in the back seat; no sign of it. So I called the store and asked if it was still there (it was on my receipt); the person said it wasn’t; everything got bagged and made it out of the store safely. The person asked me to look in my car again, and possibly around the car in case it fell out of the bag as I was taking out the bags (and bringing them into the house). So then I went back into the garage.. turns out, the lost item had rolled under the car. So I brought it inside; everything was safe. (Therefore I didn’t have to drive all the way back to the store and fight any Saturday afternoon traffic.)

Written By: nally on 03/26/23 at 11:22 pm

And now, with the final weekend of March winding down, I must prepare to concentrate on another work week ahead, which will lead to the end of the month...and the first quarter of the year.

Written By: nally on 03/27/23 at 11:41 pm

And now, with the final weekend of March winding down, I must prepare to concentrate on another work week ahead, which will lead to the end of the month...and the first quarter of the year.

And so far, things are going fairly well for me.

I also have my upcoming trip that starts in three weeks; I still have more preparations to do for that. It'll all get done.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/23 at 1:54 am

I was all set to go out for a fresh air walk, and now it is raining, maybe another day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/23 at 1:36 pm

My long weekend has started early, my guests are now here, and will not be properly online till mid next week. I will still keep abreast of things on my phone.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/23 at 2:40 pm

My long weekend has started early, my guests are now here, and will not be properly online till mid next week. I will still keep abreast of things on my phone.

Take care buddy hope to see you soon. 🙂

Written By: nally on 03/30/23 at 8:22 pm

Please take care in all you do.

Written By: nally on 03/31/23 at 11:41 pm

And today, the final day of the month (and first quarter of the year), I was able to get everything completed that needed to be.

Check for new replies or respond here...