inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hey, hey, it's May! Tell us what you're doing this month...

Written By: nally on 04/30/23 at 11:41 pm

Welcome to the month of May 2023. Here is your monthly thread.

White rabbits!!

Subject: Re: Hey, hey, it's May! Tell us what you're doing this month...

Written By: Ripley on 05/01/23 at 4:42 pm

White Rabbits!

This month, 20 years ago, I graduated high school.

Written By: nally on 05/01/23 at 9:49 pm

White Rabbits!

Wow!

Next month it will be 25 years since I did so.

Anyway I had a nice busy day at work to kick off this month.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/23 at 3:29 am

White Rabbits!

Next month It will be 31 years since I graduated High School.

Written By: Ripley on 05/02/23 at 1:45 pm

Wow! Where have the last 30, 25 and 31 years gone???

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/02/23 at 2:55 pm

Down the drain, where all the time goes"
-Marc Bolan

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/23 at 3:08 pm

Just to reassure everyone I am spending time with my family for a relative of mine had passed on and have a funeral to attend.

Written By: karen on 05/02/23 at 3:37 pm

Just to reassure everyone I am spending time with my family for a relative of mine had passed on and have a funeral to attend.

Sending you best wishes

Written By: Howard on 05/02/23 at 3:41 pm

I don't know, it's funny how time flies after all these years after finishing High School.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/23 at 3:42 pm

Sending my condolences.

Written By: Ripley on 05/02/23 at 4:30 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family. *hugs*

Written By: nally on 05/02/23 at 7:39 pm

Best wishes to you.

On a related note, today marks 24 years since the passing of my maternal uncle who had liver disease. :\'( His funeral was five days later.

Written By: nally on 05/02/23 at 10:16 pm

Wow! Where have the last 20, 25 and 31 years gone???

I ask myself that every day! lol

Written By: nally on 05/02/23 at 10:19 pm

Anyways, nothing eventful going on with me today; just the usual.
Of course, it’s been two weeks since the start of my trip, but I still remember it like it was a few days ago.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/23 at 7:17 am

Now My Mother has caught a slight cold and sore throat on top of her leg problems right now, she's been a bit crabby this past week so hopefully she feels better soon.

Written By: nally on 05/03/23 at 9:17 am

Now My Mother has caught a slight cold and sore throat on top of her leg problems right now, she's been a bit crabby this past week so hopefully she feels better soon.

Sending well wishes to her.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/23 at 1:46 pm

Sending well wishes to her.

Thanks, hopefully she feels better too, she's been a bit grumpy on top of her problems with her legs and having a cold too.

Written By: karen on 05/03/23 at 4:51 pm

Did some chemistry today at work, standardising the molarity of an acid solution by titration. Made my head hurt. I haven’t done this technique since I was about 18.

This evening I had Morris dance practice. We are performing at an event on Sunday. I was practising a couple of new positions so we can perform some dances relevant to the event location. Very frustrating when other people don’t seem to know their part of the dance. We got there in the end I think

Written By: nally on 05/03/23 at 11:27 pm

Thanks, hopefully she feels better too, she's been a bit grumpy on top of her problems with her legs and having a cold too.

Sorry to hear that.

Written By: Ripley on 05/05/23 at 5:18 pm

Happy Cinco De Mayo! I’m celebrating by having some loaded nachos that my mom made us. 😋🇲🇽🌮

Written By: nally on 05/05/23 at 7:40 pm

Happy Cinco De Mayo! I’m celebrating by having some loaded nachos that my mom made us.

Sounds yummy!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/23 at 12:41 am

Latest
I did attend the funeral this week, very sad occasion, and have stayed with the family to watch the coronation of King Charles III.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/23 at 2:49 am

Latest
I did attend the funeral this week, very sad occasion, and have stayed with the family to watch the coronation of King Charles III.

Hope everything is going well with you.

Written By: karen on 05/06/23 at 3:37 am

Happy Cinco De Mayo! I’m celebrating by having some loaded nachos that my mom made us. 😋🇲🇽🌮

We made loaded nachos, guacamole and chilli con carne

Written By: nally on 05/06/23 at 9:48 am

Latest

Thank you for your update; we look forward to your return.

Written By: Ripley on 05/06/23 at 2:17 pm

We made loaded nachos, guacamole and chilli con carne

Yummy! I hope you enjoyed

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/23 at 8:20 am

Update:
All is fine, we all watch the coronation on television together, and I will be staying longer with my family so that I can attend a party of a friend.

Written By: karen on 05/07/23 at 12:20 pm

Watched the coronation service on the telly yesterday.

Today I was Morris dancing at an old, restored windmill. There was also a folk band, a folk choir and dancing around the maypole

Written By: nally on 05/07/23 at 11:52 pm

So, tomorrow morning I will not be leaving the house at the usual time to go to work. That's because I have a doctor appointment first thing in the morning, and it's at a place that's fairly close to home. When my appointment is over (hopefully with good results), then I will drive to work, and get there when I get there.

Written By: nally on 05/08/23 at 7:30 pm

So, tomorrow morning I will not be leaving the house at the usual time to go to work. That's because I have a doctor appointment first thing in the morning, and it's at a place that's fairly close to home. When my appointment is over (hopefully with good results), then I will drive to work, and get there when I get there.

Unfortunately, my appointment got cancelled this morning. I received a phone call at 7:30 (about an hour before the appointment was supposed to start) and was told that my doctor would not be in the office today...so I had to reschedule. And the earliest appointment available was on July 3rd, which is 8 weeks from now. So I accepted that offer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/23 at 12:06 am

I am finally back home, only to discover that my computer was playing up yesterday, but I am still giving it a go today.

The last few days have been emotional to both extremes, spending time with my granddaughter, attending a funeral (I went on my own to me my cousins, etc), watching the coronation, attending a friend's 50 birthday party, and yesterday walking through central London, passing Buckingham Palace.

Also, I have a lot to catch up on...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/10/23 at 7:16 am

THIS MONTH SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/10/23 at 7:31 am

I am finally back home, only to discover that my computer was playing up yesterday, but I am still giving it a go today.

The last few days have been emotional to both extremes, spending time with my granddaughter, attending a funeral (I went on my own to me my cousins, etc), watching the coronation, attending a friend's 50 birthday party, and yesterday walking through central London, passing Buckingham Palace.

Glad to see you back. :)

Written By: nally on 05/13/23 at 12:35 am

Glad you’re back. Sounds like you had a lot going on.

Written By: nally on 05/14/23 at 11:38 am

Today is Mother’s Day; I plan to have a wonderful time with my mom today. :)

Written By: karen on 05/14/23 at 1:45 pm

Dai has gone up to the Lakes for a few days. He left last night and should be back Wednesday.

Today I went with Dai’s mum to the local park to listen to the local university concert band. They played a few medleys, things like Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Glen Miller, Beach Boys and movie themes such as Star Wars, E.T. and Lion King. We had an ice cream during the interval

Written By: Howard on 05/14/23 at 3:33 pm

Today is Mother’s Day; I plan to have a wonderful time with my mom today. :)

I bought her a bed of roses. :) ❤️

Written By: nally on 05/14/23 at 11:03 pm

I bought her a bed of roses. :)

I bought a bouquet of roses for my mom on Friday as I was on my way home from work.

And today my dad and I had a good time with her. We cooked a couple of nice meals for her, and we spent an hour in the pool this afternoon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/23 at 1:33 am

Every time I see 'Hey Hey' I keep thinking of Heihei, Moana's pet rooster, in the Disney's film "Moana" (2016).

Written By: nally on 05/15/23 at 11:01 pm

And today it was back to work to complete the tasks for the middle of the month.

Written By: nally on 05/16/23 at 10:30 pm

And today it was back to work to complete the tasks for the middle of the month.

And after all that, today my workload seemed much lighter. Must be one of those days.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/23 at 5:10 am

Yesterday I had to visit a friend of mine, and spent time coming home. We had a good long chat on how things are.

Written By: nally on 05/17/23 at 10:52 pm

Yesterday I had to visit a friend of mine, and spent time coming home. We had a good long chat on how things are.

Glad to hear. O0 Always nice to talk with friends and catch up on things.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/23 at 2:57 am

Sure is. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/23 at 4:34 am

I should be doing the same again today, but I do not feel up to it,

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/23 at 5:15 am

Today will be a strange day for me. I am totally unsure on what my family are doing, they have not contacted me yet. They could be away visiting and leaving me at my home, or taking me with them, or it may turn out to be a usual routine weekend. The answer my friends is blowing in the wind.

Written By: karen on 05/20/23 at 12:28 pm

Have been away on a school trip since Thursday morning. It was at an activity centre. I have been down a zip line, jumped onto a big cushion of air, played bingo and been to the seaside

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/23 at 1:07 pm

Have been away on a school trip since Thursday morning. It was at an activity centre. I have been down a zip line, jumped onto a big cushion of air, played bingo and been to the seaside
Been to Skeggy?

Written By: karen on 05/21/23 at 5:26 am

Been to Skeggy?

Sheringham

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/23 at 11:14 am

Sheringham
Never been there. I have only been to Great Yarmouth, and that was ages ago.

I had a day travelling around London, running errands for the family, things (fares) are easier when you have a freedom pass...

Written By: karen on 05/22/23 at 1:07 am

Yesterday we went to an artisan cheese fair. We tasted lots of different cheeses and bought several, including a Shropshire Blue and an aged Red Leicester.

Written By: nally on 05/23/23 at 8:06 pm

A new person will be starting at my office tomorrow. This will be the start of a "transitional period" because the woman who started back in December is going to have a new job closer to her home starting next month.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/23/23 at 8:49 pm

Back home after a getaway with friends to Turkey Run state park in Indiana.  Went canoeing for the first time in 20ish years - challenging, but plenty fun.  A good time with good friends - as life has been tough lately, this was much needed!

Written By: Howard on 05/24/23 at 7:15 am

Back home after a getaway with friends to Turkey Run state park in Indiana.  Went canoeing for the first time in 20ish years - challenging, but plenty fun.  A good time with good friends - as life has been tough lately, this was much needed!

Glad you had a good time. :)

Written By: karen on 05/24/23 at 4:47 pm

Morris dancing with another side outside a pub in a nearby village. We had a decent audience tonight and the weather was warm and dry.

Written By: nally on 05/24/23 at 7:54 pm

I should say so! It is always nice to get out and do some good activities. O0

My vacation from last month was also much needed, for me. I hadn't been on one since before Covid.

Written By: nally on 05/24/23 at 7:56 pm

A new person will be starting at my office tomorrow. This will be the start of a "transitional period" because the woman who started back in December is going to have a new job closer to her home starting next month.

Anyway...this new person, a woman originally from Canada (with a strong background in accounting and office duties), began today. We got her acquainted with the office and some of the tasks she'll be doing.

And I ordered a Panera lunch for all of us. Eating it at the conference table enabled us to have a discussion so that we could all get to know one another.

Written By: nally on 05/26/23 at 8:21 pm

Busy day at work... we are still training the new employee with the tasks she'll be inheriting from the worker who is leaving in a week. She seems to be catching on well; plus, she seems happy to be a part of the 'team.'

And now we have a three day weekend coming up with the Memorial Day holiday on Monday. :)

Written By: nally on 05/29/23 at 12:06 pm

Gonna have a couple of people over today for a barbecue. They'll be showing up in about 3 1/2 hours, and we have some housework to do before they arrive. Should be interesting. :)

Written By: nally on 05/30/23 at 11:50 pm

So it has been about a week since the new person started at my work; she is doing well this far. Today we had to show her what we do at the end of the month.

Written By: karen on 05/31/23 at 5:19 am

A few weeks ago I went for my annual mammogram. I had a recall letter so went to the hospital for another mammogram and an ultrasound. They wanted to do a biopsy but the radiographer said the suspicious area was too small for her to do it that day.

I have just been to the hospital for an x-ray guided biopsy. It was a bit uncomfortable (better after I asked to reposition my shoulder) and I was just on the point of saying it was getting a bit painful when they stopped.

I am going be in two weeks time to get the results.

Check for new replies or respond here...