inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hair Chat

Written By: Ripley on 05/02/23 at 4:21 pm

Has your natural hair color always been the same? The reason I ask is because I was born a super light blonde then it went medium brown. After having dyed it for years I’m now growing my natural out. And I notice my natural color is lighter! A lighter brown and some blonde, kind of a mix shade. (There are some white hairs too.) So I’m curious who else has had different natural shades? This isn’t a super serious topic. More for fun and curiosity.

Subject: Re: Hair Chat

Written By: Howard on 05/03/23 at 7:21 am

I believe my hair has been the same sort of like what My Brother had, a light brown color. Growing up I used to have a lot of hair, I tried many styles such as growing a rat's tail and sported a crewcut during the 80's then after that my hair started to thin and balding, Now I have this stupid cowlick that I try to hide which is a pain in the butt when trying to style my hair.  ::)

Written By: nally on 05/06/23 at 10:05 pm

Mine has always been brown. It may have been lighter when I was little, but it's always been some shade of brown.

When I was a kid, my mom would always be the one to cut my hair. She has a cosmetology license (and even worked as a hairdresser in her early adult years). Then during my preteen years I started having my hair cut at a salon, usually by the same stylist. I went to salons all through the 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s, to have my hair cut. The last salon I visited regularly, Supercuts, is no longer around (at least the one nearest my house); I think it went out of business due to the covid pandemic. So over the past three years, my mom has been cutting my hair again.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/23 at 2:50 am

Mine has always been brown. It may have been lighter when I was little, but it's always been some shade of brown.

When I was a kid, my mom would always be the one to cut my hair. She has a cosmetology license (and even worked as a hairdresser in her early adult years). Then during my preteen years I started having my hair cut at a salon, usually by the same stylist. I went to salons all through the 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s, to have my hair cut. The last salon I visited regularly, Supercuts, is no longer around (at least the one nearest my house); I think it went out of business due to the covid pandemic. So over the past three years, my mom has been cutting my hair again.

I do remember when I was only 5 years old I wasn't thinking but I was only a kid I took a pair of scissors and by accident cut a chunk of my own hair, don't know what I was thinking at that time but the class pictures shown my messed up hair, this was in 1979.

Written By: nally on 05/07/23 at 10:16 am

I do remember when I was only 5 years old I wasn't thinking but I was only a kid I took a pair of scissors and by accident cut a chunk of my own hair, don't know what I was thinking at that time but the class pictures shown my messed up hair, this was in 1979.

When I was that age, trying to cut my own hair never occurred to me. I knew better.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/23 at 3:13 pm

When I was that age, trying to cut my own hair never occurred to me. I knew better.

I was stupid at that time, didn't know any better, If I had gone back over 40 years ago and told my 5 year old self not to cut your own hair, my 5 year old self would've listened.

Written By: Ripley on 05/07/23 at 4:17 pm

My niece did this twice

Written By: Ripley on 05/07/23 at 4:21 pm

While I never gave myself a full hair cut or even trimmed a few inches, I have cut it twice. The first time I created side swept bangs (pretty easy). The second time I cut choppy layers into my hair. I was in my 20’s and I did a good job. It wasn’t a fancy style but a cool rocker one though! I do shave my sideburn area though cause I don’t like having sideburns.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/23 at 3:01 am

My niece did this twice

How did she feel?

Written By: Howard on 05/08/23 at 3:03 am

I always try to get my haircut every 6-7 weeks.

Check for new replies or respond here...