inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone know songs by hyts?looking for title Tears will flow

Written By: majormom on 04/27/04 at 2:23 am

I am not sure it is the right song I am looking for but pretty sure,I know the chorus goes like this..
I might be smilin deep inside Im cryin, I feel like givin up but I keep tryin, I might look happy,and I tell you Im alright, but when Im alone in the darkness of the night tears will flow..
It was a slow song from around 1983/84..I have searched and searched and the only song with tears will flow is from Hyts..any help please!!!! :-\

Subject: look here for title Tears will flow

Written By: MLB on 05/03/04 at 3:44 pm

This may sound stupid but I have found lots of lyrics I wanted by using Google.com
  put in the band name and +music, or the band name and lyrics then hit "i'm feeling lucky" instead of the search button.  I tried this a minute ago using "hyts" and I got a help group in Europe somewhere. But using the extra words gave me many leads. I bet one of them might show you what you want. 

Subject: Re: Anyone know songs by hyts?looking for title Tears will flow

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/05/04 at 11:10 am

I have this on vinyl... and the lyrics you mentioned are definitely in there.

Written By: Dave Hytinen on 07/23/04 at 3:03 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of one of these albums, or perhaps a tee shirt from them.
I will pay dearly for either.  My nickname is Hyts and I just found this band by doing a search.
Please email me if you know anything.......thanks

I am not sure it is the right song I am looking for but pretty sure,I know the chorus goes like this..
I might be smilin deep inside Im cryin, I feel like givin up but I keep tryin, I might look happy,and I tell you Im alright, but when Im alone in the darkness of the night tears will flow..
It was a slow song from around 1983/84..I have searched and searched and the only song with tears will flow is from Hyts..any help please!!!! :-\

Written By: Dave Hytinen on 07/23/04 at 3:06 pm

Do you know anything more about this band 'hyts'.  Hyts is my nickname and  I would love to buy a shirt or copy of a record.  Please let me know.  Thanks.  dave.hytinen@hrbmc.com

Written By: Poultrygeist on 08/05/04 at 10:36 pm

I found this on Ebay:

Eleven Bloody Men-S/T,Duke Jupiter,Balance,HYTS,AOR OOP , Hope its still there for you.

According to this site: http://www.thecutting-edge.net/hyts.html They tell the story:

These guys should have been HUGE. A powerful, classy pomp AOR band with plenty of action in the vocal department. This Seminole San Francisco-based quartet stemmed from American West Coast rock joining the ranks of Night Ranger, Journey and even East Coaster Bon Jovi in style and presentation. Roland Little (guitar, vocals), Stan Miller (bass) Tommy Thompson (keys, guitar) and Roy Garcia (drums) were signed to Gold Mountain in the fall of 1983 and delivered a very impressive debut, but as Roland Little remembers, “We had the unfortunate luck of coming out the same week as Bon Jovi’s debut and that record took off. We had some success with Backstabber but the problem was the company didn’t print enough records. Just when we started to gain momentum the record was selling out and they weren’t printing them up fast enough.” Hyts did tour with Derringer, Journey and Santana but were set back again when Garcia fell off the stage and sustained serious injuries. “We should have forged ahead,” recalls Little.

“We were really doing well. The support was there, the fans were building at each show, but we decided to wait till Roy got better. That really sucked the life out of us. Our next setback came again from the record label. We had the second album ready to go in ‘85 but they sat on it for another year not releasing it till ’86. That did us in – the tour caved. It went down hill quick after that.’

The band were given a second shot when, in the mid-‘90s a European label put out both records on one CD calling it, of all things, Eleven Bloody Men. Pushing 50, Little is currently working on an 18-track demo. He is also writing for and recording with his 13-year old daughter. Both are outstanding and well worth watching out for!

Good luck , hope this helps...

Written By: sarias on 09/22/04 at 6:19 pm

Anyone interested in HYTS might want to try this:  google "Alameda Allstars" and use their email.  Keyboardist Tommy Thompson was in HYTS and may (or may not!) get back to you with lyrics (assuming he remembers them) or whatever.  He's a nice guy and may get a kick out of hearing from anyone who's interested in his old band.

Check for new replies or respond here...