inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I can't find this song anywhere

Written By: louie on 05/05/04 at 11:56 am

It's a really old song, and I'm sure you have heard the song as it has been in at least one episode of just about any sitcom.  I can't find the lyrics or the artist, which is very unusual for me.

The refrain is something like:  "Workin in/on a gold mine, workin down down down"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Subject: Re: I can't find this song anywhere

Written By: Gaylon on 05/05/04 at 12:58 pm

Try looking for "Working in a Coal Mine" originally by Lee Dorsey

Written By: louie on 05/05/04 at 2:00 pm

Haha, that explains it.  :D

Thanks.

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/06/04 at 1:02 am

and covered of course by Devo

Written By: Ed216 on 05/06/06 at 10:46 pm

Devo did a version of that song?? That would be interesting to hear. The only version I'm familiar with is, the one by the country duo The Judds. I thought it was pretty good, though not my favorite song of theirs. Knowing Devo, their version must be weird!

Written By: whistledog on 05/06/06 at 11:23 pm

Devo did a version of that song?? That would be interesting to hear. The only version I'm familiar with is, the one by the country duo The Judds. I thought it was pretty good, though not my favorite song of theirs. Knowing Devo, their version must be weird!

Actually the DEVO version was great.  It wasn't weird like their other songs

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/10/06 at 12:01 am

Actually, the Devo version was great.  It *was* weird, by which I mean that sounded exactly like their other songs. :)

(If you enjoy Devo, you'll also enjoy their cover of NIN's "Head like a Hole" on 2000's retrospective "Prisoners who got Scalped".  It's as devolved a disc as you'd expect 'em to deliver.  Any shared talent between Devo and NIN is, of course, purely coincidence.  Or devolution.)

Check for new replies or respond here...