inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: help me with this lyrics.it is a song from 80's

Written By: Chriss on 05/10/04 at 11:18 pm

i know this much line and that is

"taxi, i need a taxi in the rain"

Subject: Re: help me with this lyrics.it is a song from 80's

Written By: MLB on 05/26/04 at 2:52 pm

how bout a little more? How late or early 80s are you talking?  Guy or girl and is the person singing or yelling or talking in a sing-song voice?  Sad about being in the rain or hopeful?  Does it remind you of someone  else's style just a little bit?  Are you absolutely sure this person is saying "taxi"?
  do you remember anything else?  was it pop or electronic or maybe a little island flair?  If you remember this much you should be able to answer all these other questions. 
      Of course you could always Google lyrics including "taxi" in the song.  it would be a long process but You would find it.

Written By: saver on 05/27/04 at 9:53 pm

Tried to rack songsters brains and they only came up with a song by Joni Mitchell called "Taxi"
(and maybe someone did another version off of it).
Possible?
Also,  guess it wasn't the Harry Chapin "Taxi" song either.
Check the first guess...

Saver

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/28/04 at 12:44 pm

The Joni Mitchell song youre thinking of is called "Big yellow Taxi", but that line isnt from it

Written By: saver on 05/29/04 at 3:03 am

I know, now I'm rackingmy brain to think of another song with "Taxi" in it...no year? man or woman singer?

Hope inquirers will put in more info after the words...?????

Check for new replies or respond here...