inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What song has lyrics "And when the fog lifted, there you were, there you were"?

Written By: Valerie on 05/29/04 at 4:58 pm

I've heard twice on the radio a song, probably in an "easy listening" category or something like that. It has an oft-repeated line, perhaps the title line, that is incomprehensible to me. But the most memorable line following that title line (to me at least) seems to be "And when the fog lifted, there you were, there you were". Unless I'm mishearing that line as well, the lyrics must not be on the net, because I've searched that line on google with no results. Can anyone tell me what song this is? Thank you.

Subject: Re: What song has lyrics "And when the fog lifted, there you were, there you wer

Written By: Trina Lufkin on 06/08/04 at 6:56 pm

The song is an Italian song, called "Al Di La", partially translated into English, leaving the title line untranslated in the English versions I know of. That is probably why the words before "and when the fog lifted" sounded obscure. The particular version you cited has been done by The Ray Charles Singers, and I'd guess that is most likely who you heard on the radio. A slightly different version does have lyrics posted on the net, cited for the singer Emilio Pericoli. The same line in his version goes, "Al di la, the fog around me lifted; there you were" (no repeat of "there you were"). I've haven't heard his rendition, but I've heard that same version by Jerry Vale.

Check for new replies or respond here...