inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone know what song has these lyrics? This is probably a recent pop song

Written By: Blah on 06/07/04 at 8:47 pm

I heard a song on the radio, and I thought it was pretty good, but I can't figure out the name.

The singer was female and it was kind of a pop song.

The only thing I remember is the hook went like this:

"You're (or maybe it was "he's") the last thing I need right now,"

...something something...

"No boys allowed"

If you heard the song, you'll probably know the name or who sings it.  Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Subject: Re: Anyone know what song has these lyrics? This is probably a recent pop song

Written By: Dave54 on 06/09/04 at 9:06 am

I heard this song at a Cinemark before a movie, unfortunately all I remember is what has already been posted.
None-the-less I still need to know who performs this song, the chorus is stuck in my head and driving me nuts.

Subject: Re: Anyone know what song has these lyrics? This is probably a recent pop song

Written By: Blah on 06/09/04 at 2:35 pm

Yeah, I heard it before a movie as well.

Written By: Dave54 on 06/22/04 at 11:44 am

I found it!  It's Diana Anaid, and the song is Last Thing!
You can here and download the track here:
http://www.audiolunchbox.com/album?a=4599

Finally, I've been hunting for that song for three stinkin' weeks!

Written By: Alyssa on 06/22/04 at 9:56 pm

Chorus
"It's the last thing that I need right now,
Someone to bring me down,
I've got a rule I've made up now he moved out,
No way, no boys allowed,
And there's a reason why I keep my distance,
Don't think you're gonna understand,
This is the last thing I need right now"

Written By: zcrito on 06/23/04 at 12:18 am

I found it!  It's Diana Anaid, and the song is Last Thing!
You can here and download the track here:
http://www.audiolunchbox.com/album?a=4599

Finally, I've been hunting for that song for three stinkin' weeks!

Nice work, Dave.
How many times do we hear a song and hear it only once or twice while shopping, at a book store, waiting for a movie to start, etc. Most are never found.

There was a person on another message board who heard an instrumental song he liked for years but never knew its name. He heard it again, this time while at a WalMart and took the time to contact their corporate office to see if they knew. They got back to him a week later with the name of the song. Problem solved.

:) ;D

Written By: Blah on 06/23/04 at 8:17 pm

Thank you so much!  I kept checking back, but I had given up hope when the message moved so far down it was on the second page.  What a pleasant suprise!  Thanks again!  ;D

Written By: Alina on 06/28/04 at 2:08 am

:) YAY!!! someone found it!! im so excited right now! i wish that someone had the other parts to the song!

Written By: estella on 07/06/04 at 5:29 pm

I LOVE YOU DAVE GUY! i've been looking for it! and i love Blah too! for asking! squee!!!!! :D

Written By: 1994mx5 on 07/07/04 at 2:41 pm

:) YAY!!! someone found it!! im so excited right now! i wish that someone had the other parts to the song!

Here's the rest of the song:  8)

I’ll stay away
Don’t hafta face this
It’s my mistake
And no one’s business
I am trying not to want to hurt him
Trying not to start this up again

He’s in my way
And no surprises
It’s been a day
Somehow survived it
Still I'm trying not to want to hurt him

(Chorus)
It’s the last thing that I need right now
Someone to bring me down
Got a rule I made up now he moved out
No way, no boys allowed
And there’s a reason why I keep my distance
Don’t think you’re gonna understand
This is the last thing that I need right now

No need to stay
My choice, I made it
I keep away
Don’t hafta take it
‘Cause I’m trying not to want to hurt him

(Chorus)

Don’t need a boyfriend
Not one like him
Don’t wanna be the foolish girl I was
And end up worse again
You can say its from me
I’ll be keeping away
Don’t wanna be the same foolish girl again

I’ll stay away
Don’t hafta face this
It’s my mistake
And no ones business
(Chorus)

You can preview most of her music on her website (www.dianaanaid.com). I think most of it is pretty good: good lyrics, hooks, riffs, chorus; peppy and enjoyable. It can be downloaded from www.audiolunchbox.com (one of the top 10 downloads on the site).

Enjoy,
1994mx5

Written By: Rhiannon on 08/16/04 at 8:00 pm

If you want to find her earlier stuff, try searching for Diana ah Naid. She's an Australian artist that has been arould since the late '90's. Beautiful Obscene is her third album- the first two, Diana Ah Naid and I Don't Think I'm Pregnant are worth listening to. I Go Off, which has been remastered for Beautiful Obscene, was her first hit in Australia.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 08/17/04 at 7:50 am

In a recent newspaper article, it was said that she recently changed her name to Diana Anaid, for extra palindromicity (is that even a word? :D )

Anyway, check out her song "Perfect Family" - a light, boppy dancy pop song about a bitter, tragic marriage breakup!

Written By: Becca on 09/03/04 at 4:22 pm

Thanx finally some1 found it!! i hav been waiting 4ever!! tanx soooooo much!!  :)

Here's the rest of the song:  8)

I’ll stay away
Don’t hafta face this
It’s my mistake
And no one’s business

He’s in my way
And no surprises
It’s been a day
Somehow survived it
Still I'm trying not to want to hurt him

(Chorus)
It’s the last thing that I need right now
Someone to bring me down
Got a rule I made up now he moved out
No way, no boys allowed
And there’s a reason why I keep my distance
Don’t think you’re gonna understand
This is the last thing that I need right now

No need to stay
My choice, I made it
I keep away
Don’t hafta take it
‘Cause I’m trying not to want to hurt him

(Chorus)

Don’t need a boyfriend
Not one like him
Don’t wanna be the foolish girl I was
And end up worse again
You can say its from me
I’ll be keeping away
Don’t wanna be the same foolish girl again

I’ll stay away
Don’t hafta face this
It’s my mistake
And no ones business
(Chorus)

You can preview most of her music on her website (www.dianaanaid.com). I think most of it is pretty good: good lyrics, hooks, riffs, chorus; peppy and enjoyable. It can be downloaded from www.audiolunchbox.com (one of the top 10 downloads on the site).

Enjoy,
1994mx5

Subject: Anyone know what song has these lyrics?

Written By: leigh on 09/12/04 at 4:16 pm

its been driving me daft but if anyone can help me get this song out of my head it would be great. its a sort of punky pop song n i think it was in a movie. i only know a few lines and its something like this.......i cant get you out of my head or out of my heart and i know im in love with you baby .........everything i do leads me back to you and i know its driving me crazy.

Check for new replies or respond here...