inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I haven't heard this song forever

Written By: Harmonica on 07/10/04 at 6:40 pm

It'd duet with girl and guy. They sing to eachother.

All I can remember is

"Don't go out with her she's just a stranger" That's what she said
" Don't go out with him he's just a stranger" that's what he said

Then they sing about why they should be together.

It's pretty song used to hear it in Dollar General a long long time ago, and heard it on the radio one last time about 13 years ago.

Any ideas?

Subject: Re: I haven't heard this song forever

Written By: zcrito on 07/11/04 at 3:41 pm

I don't know, Dollar General store? 
Maybe you heard 1990's "Don't Go Out" by Tanya Tucker and T. Graham Brown?

???

Written By: Harmonica on 07/12/04 at 8:42 am

I'll check it out, thanks for your help.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/12/04 at 3:30 pm

That's it!  It feels so weird listening to a song that I haven't heard in such a long long time. It  makes me feel young again. Well I still am Young, but you know what I mean. Thanks a million.

Written By: zcrito on 07/12/04 at 5:48 pm

That's it!  It feels so weird listening to a song that I haven't heard in such a long long time. It  makes me feel young again. Well I still am Young, but you know what I mean. Thanks a million.

I once "searched" for some songs that took 10-15 years to find. Unfortunately most years "searching" were during the pre-internet days, so not much was accomplished.

Sometimes though, when you hear a song you haven't heard in many,many years, it just doesn't have the same appeal. But then sometimes they do!

P.S.
You need to stay out of Dollar General or quit listening to the songs they play. ::)

;D

Written By: Harmonica on 07/12/04 at 10:05 pm

Not only has Dollar General in my town not played music forever, but it has also recently moved from it's old location.

It's weird but "Don't Go Out" will always remind me of the old Dollar General location in my small town.

Check for new replies or respond here...