inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another Mystery Song.

Written By: zcrito on 07/27/04 at 10:57 pm

Another mystery song question that I saw posted on another music site. The information he gives is below. Does this song sound familiar to anyone?
???

Hi, I am 53,I work at Czech Radio Ostrava and oldies are my specialty.I`m trying to identify an American R&B song from the sixties which was done by a male vocalist. However,all I have to go on is a Czech cover version /in the Czech language/ which you can hear on:

http://marcdashevsky.com/whatsthis.html

Some people say that it is a song of R.Charles. Maybe,but it is NOT Charles` "Please Say You`re Fooling",only the mood is the same.

Some people say that it is a song of Joe Tex...

Maybe it is a song of Eddie Floyd.I don`t know his SP B-sides like: Got To Make A Comeback I`ve Just Been Feeling Bad This House Hey Now Under My Nose I`m Just The Kind Of Fool...

Could you help me please? Or can you advise me where to turn with my problem? This is very important for me but I am unsuccessful to this time.I appreciate your help and I will send you a reward in the case of a positive identification.

The singer is Jaromir Löffler. He lives abroad from 1969, in Switzerland now. He recorded it in 1968 and he told me by phone he does not know an original English name of this song.He also told me that Ray Charles is the original singer???

Many thanks for your time.
George

Subject: Re: Another Mystery Song.

Written By: karen on 07/28/04 at 10:18 am

Does he have a translation of the words available?  That often helps you if the melody is familiar.

MTA: O.K. I've actually clicked on the link now which does indeed have a translation of the words.  It sounds sort of familiar but it could just be the general 'style'.  I'll give it a bit more thought now.

Subject: Re: Another Mystery Song.

Written By: zcrito on 07/28/04 at 2:54 pm

Does he have a translation of the words available?  That often helps you if the melody is familiar.

MTA: O.K. I've actually clicked on the link now which does indeed have a translation of the words.  It sounds sort of familiar but it could just be the general 'style'.  I'll give it a bit more thought now.

karen,
The lyrics given are a translation of what’s being sung. They may not match those of the actual English language song.  To tell you the truth, they more than likely don’t match. At least that’s what other people, including myself, think.

It’s the melody and the way the song is sung that sounds so familiar to everyone else and now you too.

Good luck.

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...