inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 4 Dead Cheerleaders

Written By: Poultrygeist on 08/05/04 at 10:50 pm

This isn't a lyrics question exactly:

Research is telling me that 4 dead cheerleaders is done by The Dropkick Murphys', but it doesn't sound anything like them. I'm having a hard time believing that its correct.

Can anyone confirm without a doubt?

TYIA, Superchicken

Subject: Re: 4 Dead Cheerleaders

Written By: ric on 08/26/04 at 6:50 pm

yea.. i noticed that too.  everything says they sing it, though.  i searched google with the same question in mind and this forum came up.    ???

Written By: James on 08/26/04 at 11:14 pm

Here is a link to the lyrics
http://www.getsomenoise.com/lyrics/songs/Dropkick%20Murphys/Four%20Dead%20Cheerleaders.html

As for who sings it, it is not dropkick, and is probably not called 4 dead cheerleaders. I am trying my best o figure out who.

Written By: overdrive on 09/05/04 at 11:57 pm

hey i have listened to 4 dead cheerleaders and without a doubt it is NOT a dropkick song but i gotta admit i hate most of the bands that sing kinda weird like in 4 dead cheerleaders but i have to give some credit to this one Cu's its good also i wonder how come theres no lyrics for it under some other band name other then dropkick Murphy's.

Written By: john on 09/06/04 at 3:01 am

i couldn't agree more, four dead cheerleaders is not a dropkicks song, but i can't find any other info that agrees with my little theory, the dropkicks don't sing songs about pussy sheesh like cheerleaders!

Written By: overdrive on 09/08/04 at 1:34 am

john well i agree with u but i have to say the song is not about cheerleaders if ur into that sheesh u would obviously know that its about bieng a teen or atleast those times when u feel bad so the cheerleader sheesh is just somethin they used cus im sure they dnt really give a sheesh about cheerleaders and sheesh and i think the only way to find out who made that song is to get a backstage pass and seriously just ask one of em lol i mean its not on any of thier official CDs(i think).

Written By: Ben on 09/11/04 at 11:55 pm

hey guys or girls i cant agree with you more bout 4 dead cheerleaders but i was searching on limewire and the song was also under flogging molly (and if u havent heard them there irish punk) so it cant be them i just thot i might put that up incase that helped anyone in there searches

Written By: avin on 09/15/04 at 9:31 pm

i had the same problem with a DKM song being a flogging molly song. i downloaded irish drinking song thinking it was DKM but it was actually flogging molly. so this might be the same thing, but who knows. :o

Written By: Skanz on 09/25/04 at 4:56 am

OK 4 dead cheerleaders isn't a dropkick Murphy's or a floggong molly song.  i forget witch one of my friends that had but the song was on a compilation disk i forget the name of the band but i do know that neither of the bands in question were on the CD. I will ask around and see if I can't find it again.  As soon as I know I'll post it up on the here.  Oh and as far as the Irish drinking song goes that is DKM that plays it, (major hint for thoughs of u that haven't noticed) floggin molly doesn't have a piper in there band plus any moron would know it was DKM just by listening to the song.  These two mix ups are perfect examples that u shouldn't always believe everything u read.

Written By: Billy on 09/26/04 at 10:20 pm

It might be a bit off topic, but Irish Drinking Song definetly isn't Dropkick Murphys (if the we're even tlaking about the same song).  The Irish Drinking Song a lot of people run into on Kazaa isn't listed by DKM as a song, nor does the guy who sings in it sound like any singer DKM has had.  It might be from a group called the Tossers, well, at least the vocals sound the same.  :-\\

Written By: blah on 10/06/04 at 9:03 pm

I'm a LONG TIME fan of dropkick murphy's and punk in general: 4 dead cheer leaders was available for download around 1998.

The other songs from this band that are mislabeled as dropkick murphy's are:

Four Dead Cheerleaders
I've been sick
No Time to be young
Black and Burned
Friendly Fire

being that Friendly Fire is a song about some punk guy who gets drunk and beats up all his friends, I doubt this is from Dropkick Murphys.

Anyway, Last I know, the name of the RECORD was No Time to Be Young.  The name of the mystery band?  DROPKICK.  As you can see it would be easy to f$ck up while searching for MP3s.

This little known 7" is next to impossible to find.  The band had a website up for all of 10 minutes, in 1999-2000.

--Dave

Written By: Chris- on 10/27/04 at 11:46 pm

I just want to add to the Irish drinking song comments.  I'm pretty sure I know which song you all are refering to and its not done by the Tossers but by Buck-O-Nine.  At least that's the song I would get whenever I got a Flogging Molly Irish Drinking Song download. 

Written By: Haby on 12/05/04 at 2:49 pm

I completely agree with the statement that Four Dead Cheerleaders is not by DKM.  It does not sound like Flogging Molly either though.  I have been seaching for over an hour now and everything that I find I mean EVERYTHING says it is by DKM. yet the funny thing is, that song is not on any albums by DKM nor Flogging Molly.  

Written By: alex on 12/08/04 at 2:37 pm

dose any one no where i can hear 4 dead cheerleaders

Written By: zekk on 12/11/04 at 10:46 pm

you can find it on most p2p's but i heard this song a long time ago and started listening to dkm for a while because of it, but yes i did relize they were nothing alike
i dont really listen to dkm at all, just did after hearing that song, not much of a fan there
and no, it not floggin molly, obiously :P
and the irish drinking song is probably just an old irish song like alot of stuff by floggin molly, like tim finagins wake and wiskey in the jar (wiskey in the jar is good when sung by fm)

Written By: Gloint on 12/28/04 at 3:58 pm

4 Dead Cheerleaders is a song (a now defunct band) from the Austin band called Dropkick...The drummer used to drum for D.R.I. & the lead singer now lives in SF and Sings for Texas Theives.

Subject: Re: 4 Dead Cheerleaders and Irish Drinking Song

Written By: Markus on 01/18/05 at 1:13 pm

Okay no clue as to who does 4 dead cheerleaders either but can say for certain 'Irish Drinking Song' is  a Buck O' Nine version of a classic irish pub song (If you doubt it check the album "Songs in the Key of Bree".)

Written By: snuffles on 01/28/05 at 1:46 pm

4 Dead Cheerleaders is a song (a now defunct band) from the Austin band called Dropkick...The drummer used to drum for D.R.I. & the lead singer now lives in SF and Sings for Texas Theives.

that clears things up, i was wondering, i love the song but i knew it blatantly wasn't DKM.

Written By: d on 01/29/05 at 8:44 pm

If you liked the song try to find the

NO TIME TO BE YOUNG

album.  It's Dropkick's only album and 4 dead cheer leaders is on it.

Written By: Adam prater on 03/18/05 at 1:15 pm

:-\\ im so confused

Written By: auwdioslave on 04/03/05 at 12:46 pm

I got the lirics for four dead cheerleaders!!!!!!! :)

tamie flunked a test today and all she does is cry if they kick her off the cheerleader squad shes knows she gonna die she cant even go home tonight because she is so afraid that her parents might ground her cuz she didnt make the grade well her friends wont understand they might even laugh at her now shes feeling overwhelmed succumbing to the pressure so she wrote a little note and addressed it to her mom it says i hope this brings you peace pray for me until im gone

lately somethings changed with jane shes always late for school she cant take another day of her girlfriends being cruel shes great out on the football field ringing out all the cheer but in the halls of school she gets tormented by her peers as long as shes a cheerleader everything will be alright but unlike all the other girls shes home each friday night just to be accepted once was her one and only wish but she never was at all so she slashed her lovely wrists

marsha was a straight-a girl on the cheerleader team everyone thought she was stupid always lost in a big dream and they named her sheesh was stinging cuz of the way that she would walk all the girls would laugh behind her back and the boys stopped ball to mock now shes feelin self conscious and refusing to speak her parents are worried she hasnt spoken in a week inside shes crying out for help and it seems shes lost all hope her parents found her a day later hanging from a knotted rope

nancy's got the worst of it because shes prettiest everyone thinks shes conceited she always looks the best shes goes out with all the football guys and everyone thinks she is much to popular not to have lost her virginity she has no one she can turn to and shes feeling really sad and last night on a date some guy raped her really bad all she wanted was to be loved but she always felt so cheap so she stole some sleeping pills ate them all and went to sleep

stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide

suicide
suicide
suicide
suicide

Written By: ripbro on 04/10/05 at 5:44 am

can anyone send me a copy of the album? or alteast tell me where i can download it?

Written By: skipdownstairs on 04/11/05 at 4:47 pm

i got the full album on soulseek
i wanna know where dropkick is from and what label (if any) that cd is on ..if anyone finds out let me know
aim: skipdownstairs
email: skipdownstairs@hotmail.com

Written By: maqleod on 04/19/05 at 4:33 am

ok, to set the record straight, the song Four Dead Cheerleaders is by the band Dropkick, it's an aussie punk band

Written By: the_omega on 04/19/05 at 11:58 am

I got the lirics for four dead cheerleaders!!!!!!! :)

tamie flunked a test today and all she does is cry if they kick her off the cheerleader squad shes knows she gonna die she cant even go home tonight because she is so afraid that her parents might ground her cuz she didnt make the grade well her friends wont understand they might even laugh at her now shes feeling overwhelmed succumbing to the pressure so she wrote a little note and addressed it to her mom it says i hope this brings you peace pray for me until im gone

lately somethings changed with jane shes always late for school she cant take another day of her girlfriends being cruel shes great out on the football field ringing out all the cheer but in the halls of school she gets tormented by her peers as long as shes a cheerleader everything will be alright but unlike all the other girls shes home each friday night just to be accepted once was her one and only wish but she never was at all so she slashed her lovely wrists

marsha was a straight-a girl on the cheerleader team everyone thought she was stupid always lost in a big dream and they named her sheesh was stinging cuz of the way that she would walk all the girls would laugh behind her back and the boys stopped ball to mock now shes feelin self conscious and refusing to speak her parents are worried she hasnt spoken in a week inside shes crying out for help and it seems shes lost all hope her parents found her a day later hanging from a knotted rope

nancy's got the worst of it because shes prettiest everyone thinks shes conceited she always looks the best shes goes out with all the football guys and everyone thinks she is much to popular not to have lost her virginity she has no one she can turn to and shes feeling really sad and last night on a date some guy raped her really bad all she wanted was to be loved but she always felt so cheap so she stole some sleeping pills ate them all and went to sleep

stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide stupid reasons why reasons why they all had to die suicide

suicide
suicide
suicide
suicide

It's not Drop Kick Murpheys, It's not called four dead cheerleaders

IT could be:

Withering by Vic Chesnutt

http://www.vlyrics.com/v/vicchesnutt4732/withering210276.html

Written By: irishstout on 04/20/05 at 11:45 am

four dead cheerleaders is by "DROPKICK" not dropkick murphys. irish drinking song? there have been about ten songs named that, from flogging molly (" we'll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and FIGHT!!") and by the MM Bosstones and so forth..

Written By: party enema on 05/20/05 at 12:25 pm

you guys or/and girls are right. it doesn't sound like the dropkick murphys. but i like it more than most of the songs by them... when i downloaded that song (oh.. im a bad boy!) it said that it was by flogging molly... that sounds a bit more true... but still... and when i got it on the computer, it said by dropkick murphys... it's good though.

Written By: Brittney on 05/30/05 at 4:08 pm

well i dont really care who 4 dead cheerleaders is by but hell if it is by dropkick then who gives a fudge? fgod poeple cant they jusy make a song without being all like omg this totally doesnt sound like them it cant be them omg.....just shut up and listen to it......and i dont know who its by....nor do i care i think its a great song

Written By: Adams on 06/02/05 at 11:38 pm

ok i know you guys have been going about this for a while but if anybody does figure out who sings it e-mail me

Written By: Grem on 06/06/05 at 4:15 am

ffs, the song is by a band called dropkick, not DKM, http://www.allsaveone.com/cbk/23/

settled now??

Written By: matt on 06/27/05 at 11:32 pm

well it sure as hell isnt vic chesnutt... he sounds like some cracked out song writer who songs to kids
i think it might be dropkick but i could only find a group named dropkick who is recent and looks like 2 gay siblings

Written By: ney on 06/30/05 at 8:40 am

ok, it's obvious to any douche that this song is NOT by dropkick murphys or flogging molly,(of course, this doesn't stop all you from repeating this fact over again) but you, the guy who says it isn't by this vic chessnutt fellow, have actually put any amount of research in to back up your comment? or are you just assuming and making fun of his name?
i for one, am going to listen to this vic chessnut guys withering song, before deciding that it isn't by him. and i will try my best to find something by 'dropkick' so that, even if i dont manage to get four dead cheerleaders, i can compare it to other songs by them. i suggest you all do the same instead of just saying you want it and just waiting for 'captain give a crap' to find it for you.
(to those of you who are actually looking for it, you have my respect)

Written By: Bob on 07/05/05 at 9:44 am

4 dead cheerleaders is by a band trying to copy DKM. Sort of like austrailian pink floyd except DKM. :D

Written By: Random Guest on 07/08/05 at 10:28 am

Irish Drinking Song

Written By Buck-O-Nine

Covered by Flogging Molly and other bands.

Written By: overdrive on 08/10/05 at 3:54 am

Hello im back i used to be on the first page and to "ney" I actually looked up lyrics by vic chesnutt and i found that the first website had the lyrics for "withering" and it was the same as the "four dead cheerleaders" that we all know. then i went on google images and saw the guy and wut he looks like and after doin that i thought theres no possible way that it can be so i looked further in with the whole lyrics thing and i actually found the real lyrics and bought the song by that vic sheesh so it isnt four dead cheerleaders and it will never be. lets not talk about whos not doin his research.

Written By: Lizz on 08/21/05 at 9:32 pm

Its not only that it doesn't sound like DKM or FM  it's also that it's not on any DKM albums.
And it seems that there is too much proof pointing to Dropkick doing the song.

Written By: Someone on 08/22/05 at 1:49 pm

Its not only that it doesn't sound like DKM or FM  it's also that it's not on any DKM albums.
And it seems that there is too much proof pointing to Dropkick doing the song.

Yepp,  I was friends with the band when they had their only album.  To clear it up, it was in fact the group Dropkick.  I don't know where I have that album anymore, but if I can find it I will put it online somewhere.

Written By: flargen on 09/17/05 at 7:52 pm

i got it off morpheus.  easy as pie :)  it's an amazing song.

Written By: hack26474 on 09/18/05 at 6:05 pm

Yeah it's from a band out of Austin called Dropkick.  They had one EP then called it quits...Damn good song tho.

Written By: some kid on 10/10/05 at 3:12 pm

I'm a LONG TIME fan of dropkick murphy's and punk in general: 4 dead cheer leaders was available for download around 1998.

The other songs from this band that are mislabeled as dropkick murphy's are:

Four Dead Cheerleaders
I've been sick
No Time to be young
Black and Burned
Friendly Fire

being that Friendly Fire is a song about some punk guy who gets drunk and beats up all his friends, I doubt this is from Dropkick Murphys.

Anyway, Last I know, the name of the RECORD was No Time to Be Young.  The name of the mystery band?  DROPKICK.  As you can see it would be easy to f$ck up while searching for MP3s.

This little known 7" is next to impossible to find.  The band had a website up for all of 10 minutes, in 1999-2000.

--Dave

on the mx forums in the punk thread it was too agreed that this song is sung by "dropkick" not the "dropkick murphys", and the flogging molly was just some mix up some kid prolly did on kazaa or something

Written By: the monkey on 10/17/05 at 6:55 pm

you guys are all retarded ( no offense)
but seriously
enter into bearhsare, limewire, media player wutever
ITS
FLOGGIONG MOLLY and DROPKICK MURPHYS
I DONT MEAN to offend but they suck beside the song four dead cheerleaders
I KNOW ITS TOO NAMES
I ENTERED DROPKICK INTO BEARSHARE
AND YA IT IS TRUE ITS FOURDEAD CHEERLEADER
THEY HAVE THE SAME SONGS
SO
MAYBE THEY SING TOGETHER
BUT THE POINT IS IS THAT THAT IS THE PEOPLE WHO SING IT
FLOGGING MOLLY
AND DROPKICK
MAYBE ITS
FLOGGING MOLLY DROPKICK MURPHYS
ya that sounds right
but wutever
u guys fight over gay stuff seriously stop fighting look it up

wut u wanna fight? email me
monkey298@comcast.net

Written By: A Guy on 10/19/05 at 7:09 pm

It's by a band called Dropkick, not Dropkick Murphys, not Floggin Molly.

I got Friendly Fire also, it's pretty good too.

Written By: Kelly on 05/02/06 at 4:20 pm

ok iknow this doesnt sound like them but its on one of their albums, cant think of it now..

and ilove the song i used to be a cheerleader and fudgein hated it...but its definitely drop kick

Written By: Guinnevere on 06/05/06 at 5:40 pm

Four Dead Cheerleaders is by Dropkick and not "Dropkick," a fan abbreviation of Dropkick Murphys.

Also, a lot of people probably downloaded "Drink and Fight (Irish Drinking Song)" listed as being by either Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly.  I've seen it a few times by other bands, but not as common.  Drink and Fight is NEITHER of these bands work.  It's by Buck-o-Nine.  Probably just the work of some dumb sheesh who thinks Irish=punk rock and punk rock=Irish and therefore all punk rock and Irish as Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly.

Written By: manda on 06/10/06 at 5:40 pm

i agree with the overdrive person, this four dead cheerleaders is about the trials and tribulations of highschool, it hits girls the most cause other peoples opinions really matters to us. And they probably used cheerleaders cause it easier then singing about four dead bandgeeks or four dead art freaks

Written By: The Maxx on 06/29/06 at 3:52 pm

THIS IS RETARTED.....I HATE IT..I'VE REALIZED THIS SINCE I 1ST HEARD THE SONG....IT ABSOLUTELY CAN'T BE DROPKICK MURPHY'S....THEY ARE TOO GOOD FOR THAT SONG....BUT UNTILL I FIGURE OUT WHO REALLY SINGS IT..IT'S GONNA BE LABELED AS SOME BAND..HAHA

Written By: star on 07/14/06 at 6:46 am

Artist: Vic Chesnutt
Song: Withering
Album: West Of Rome

Tammy flunked a test yesterday and all she does is cry
if they kick her off the cheerleaders squad
she knows she's gonna die
she can't even go home at night because she is so afraid
that her parents might ground her
'cause she didn't make the grade
now her friends won't understand they might even laugh at her,
now she's feeling overwhelmed succumbing to the pressure
so she wrote a little note and addressed it to her mom
she said i hope this brings you peace
pray for me until i'm gone.

Lately something's wrong with jane she's always late for school
she can't take another day of her girlfriends being cruel
she's great on all the football fields ringing out all the cheers
but in the halls of school she gets tormented by her peers
as long as she's a cheerleader everything's gonna be alright
but unlike all the othergirls she's home at friday nights
just to be excepted once, was her one and only wish
but she never was at all
she sliced her lovely wrists.

Marsha was a strieght A girl on the cheerleadrs team
everyone thought she was stupid
always lost in a big dream
and they named her s**t was stinging cause of the way that she would talk
all the girls would laugh behind her back
and the boys stopped the ball to mock
and now she's feeling so bad she's refusing to speak
her parents are a bit worried
she hasn't spoken in a week
it's like she's crying out for help and it seemis she lost all hope
her parents found her a day later hanging from a knotted rope.

Nancy's got the worst of it because she's prettiest
everyone thinks she's concieded she always looks her best
she goes out with all the football guys and every one thinks she
is much too popular not to have lost her verginity.
she has no one she can turn to when she's feeling really sad
and last night on her date some guy raped her really bad
all she wanted was to be loved but she always felt so cheap
so she stole some sleeping pills ate them all and when to sleep

Stupid reasons why (reasons why...)
the all had to die (suicide...)
Stupid reasons why (resons why)
the all had to die (suicide)
stupid reasons why (reasons why)
they all had to die (suicide)
stupid reasons why (resons why)
they all had to die
suicide... suicide.... suicide... suicide....

Written By: holicman on 07/14/06 at 7:44 am

ITs probably the Bangles under a fake name  ;)

Written By: webb on 08/03/06 at 3:22 am

i just thought it was there old singger b4 l barr
but idk its still a good song
AMAZING llyrics

Written By: Shadowlore on 08/04/06 at 5:27 pm

This song is by an Austin band called "Dropkick" or at least the version I have is. This would certainly explain how it has been attributed to DKM for so long

-Shadowlore

Written By: Kek on 08/16/06 at 7:35 pm

Hey i do not know who did irsh drinking song originally, but sometime in '99 buck-o-nine had an irish drinking song 93' available for DL on MP3.com.  it is 1:58 and doesnt really sound like bucko but thats where i got it.  I have no idea where it came from other than that but that proves they did at least a version of the song.  I find this same song always classified as DKM but it is for sure not them.  It is Buck-o-nine.

Written By: Kek on 08/16/06 at 7:40 pm

' Songs in the Key of Bree' the album by buckonine has irish drinking song on it.  it is 158.  not murphys, not flogging.  it is Buckonine, 100%, 

Written By: auwdioslave on 09/14/06 at 4:55 am

I don't know if this helps, but dropkick is also an australian punk record label.

Written By: DKM FAN on 10/28/06 at 11:56 am

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_suicide

under F

Written By: Noodles on 03/04/07 at 11:52 am

Hi all

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to clear something up...

Irish Drinking Song (also called Pirate Song), labelled on P2P as done by Dropkick Murphy's is in fact Salty Dog by Flogging Molly. (If your not sure, the song starts with an accordian piece and then the rest of the instruments come in on the same riff). It's the first song in there album Swagger.

Hope this helps.

Written By: GoNoAMMo on 11/16/09 at 2:11 pm

The Band's Name is actually Dropkick. Though I can see how the internet screwed up their name.

Sources:
http://www.last.fm/music/Dropkick

Written By: scum on 04/06/11 at 12:44 pm

it is certainly not that Vic guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K9t510jgjU

Wikipedia says (check Dropkick Murphys):
Note: The song "Four Dead Cheerleaders" is often credited to the Dropkick Murphys on the internet. The song was actually recorded by the Texas punk band Dropkick, from their album No Time To Be Young.

Written By: Bo on 07/06/11 at 11:58 am

Hey Everyone!

I searched for this album for almost 2 years xd but I FINALLY GOT IT !
For people who want it just send me a email (skatekieke@hotmail.com) and I'll send you a link !
Or if you have an account on warez bb you'll find it there, I uploaded it.

Written By: Me on 12/15/11 at 6:13 pm

the band is Dropkick, not Dropkick Murphy, common mistake.

Check for new replies or respond here...