inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: An unknown song by who knows?

Written By: chick110 on 08/27/04 at 3:49 pm

Hello!  I have a song that I have heard on the radio and also in a commercial and I have no idea who sings it or what the heck the title is.  I'm hoping someone here can help me!  I'm not even sure WHAT the lyrics say, but I think they say "If I had a rocket" or "Sitting on a rocket"  I've searched at amazon.com and walmart.com with the lyrics "rocket", but I get no good results. 

TIA! 

Subject: Re: An unknown song by who knows?

Written By: suzannecol2 on 08/27/04 at 7:03 pm

I think the song you may be thinking of is "Soda Jerk" by Buffalo Tom.  It was in a car commercial, and has that kind of lyric about a rocket in it.  Here is a link to the lyrics of the song.

http://www.buffalotom.com/disco/bigred.html#sodajerk

Written By: chick110 on 08/28/04 at 7:10 am

Thanks for that.  I looked at the lyrics, but they weren't quite right.  The rocket part is part of the chorus and is repeated a few times.  I wish I could describe the song better but unfortunately, I need to listen to it to describe it.  Thanks for trying though!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 08/28/04 at 10:16 am

Is it Surfing On A Rocket by Air?

(It might also be Riding On A Rocket by the Japanese all-girl band Shonen Knife, but I doubt it...)

Written By: chick110 on 08/28/04 at 10:31 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  That was the correct song!  I tried to listen to it on Amazon.com, but their listings didn't have audio for that song, but Walmart.com did.  Now to purchase a download!!  Thanks again!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 08/28/04 at 11:46 pm

Cool. Good to see you're a buyer, not a stealer, too :)

Written By: chick110 on 08/29/04 at 12:22 pm

Actually, I would have ENJOYED being a buyer yesterday, but Walmart's music downloading site was down, so I am still purchase-less.  Hopefully today.  And thanks again for the info.  :)

Written By: RIRed1 on 12/26/04 at 10:34 pm

This is amazing.  I heard the same commercial as Chick, googled "sitting on a rocket" and found this website, this post, and the answer to the burning question was Air, "Surfing on a Rocket."  I then found a cd at BestBuy and have installed it in my collection.

Thanks to you all.  ;D

Tom

Check for new replies or respond here...