inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guadalcanal Diary's "Always Saturday" lyrics

Written By: ttomcornell on 09/13/04 at 6:22 pm

I accidentally posted this in the 1980s forum, which is only halfway stupid since G.D. was big in the 1980s.

I have searched the world over and I thought I'd find something...but nuttin.

Where can I find words on the Web to Guadalcanal Diary's song "Always Saturday".

I remember reading them on the liner notes of Craig Ciurca's CD when he got it, but that was, ohhh, 13 years ago and he could be dead now for all I know. Call me a Johnny-come-lately.

Thank you.

Subject: Re: Guadalcanal Diary's "Always Saturday" lyrics

Written By: Niko101 on 09/16/04 at 1:33 pm

Who's your mama? I AM!  ;)  It's funny, I just saw the vid for this last week on "The Alternative" (VH1 Classic). Brought back memories...

Always Saturday

Waterfall pavement shimmering
Sunshine washes everything
A basket of light, I am trusting
To water the lawn is a wondrous thing

If I could have it this way I know I'd
I'd wanna live where it's like today
I'd wanna live where it's always this way
I wanna live where it's always Saturday

A chorus of laughter fills the air
Everyone's going everywhere
So many choices it's not fair
I hop in the car and I just sit there

I don't need, need to think about how much I
I wanna live where it's all the same
I wanna live where it's all just like today

In the shops are shining things
I can I can see them glittering
I wish that I could buy them all
I wish I lived in a shopping mall

Shady back yard afternoon
Summer clothes and tennis shoes
When the light begins to fade
A porch swing creaks with lemonade...

A shower of whispers glow and bloom
Late night movie fills the room
Streetlights twinkling like dew
I close my eyes, it ends too soon

All in dreams, I can dream now oh how I
I wanna live where it's like today
I wanna live where it's always this way

Written By: ttomcornell on 09/16/04 at 8:21 pm

SUPER AWESOMATIC!! THANK YOU, MAMA!

How did you get these?

I did not know they ever produced a video for that song, but I'd love to see it sometime.

I'll buy you a beer or a cup-o-java next time you're in Fort Likkerdale.

Thanks again!

Tom

Written By: ttomcornell on 09/16/04 at 8:31 pm

Who's your mama? I AM!  ;)  It's funny, I just saw the vid for this last week on "The Alternative" (VH1 Classic). Brought back memories...

Forgot to ask a trivia tidbit: the single version is shown as 3:38 long but the album version is 4:08 long. When I heard the song on XM the other day there was a little guitar chord plucked after the end of the song. Was this part of a little ditty at the end that they cut off or am I just hallucinating?

Thanx!

Tom

Written By: Niko101 on 09/19/04 at 3:04 am

Finding lyrics is a hit-and-miss kind of thing. For this one, I Googled under "Guadalcanal Diary" + "Always Saturday" + "lyrics." The site that had the answer was http://lyrics.kenware.com/. Strangely, the band's official site had an error message on the link to lyrics.
  I don't remember a longer version, but then I always heard the song via radio or video. Fort Likkerdale? Are you kidding? Is that the name of a real place? Growing up, my sis and I called our hometown of Everett "Ever-rott."
  You'd love the vid. The band is in a car, driving through a perfect suburban neighborhood. They stop the car in front of a house and watch this middle-aged guy as he waters his lawn with a hose. He's got this huge grin of anticipation as the ground starts bulging in front of him. Up from the ground comes his wife. Then, they are standing next to eachother as he keeps watering. Up comes their kids, one boy and one girl. They are a happy family standing on the lawn. As the sun sets, mom & the kids sink back into the ground. The next day, it starts all over again. It's very silly, depicting the middle-class dream.

Written By: Craig Ciurca on 11/06/04 at 9:00 am

I accidentally posted this in the 1980s forum, which is only halfway stupid since G.D. was big in the 1980s.

I have searched the world over and I thought I'd find something...but nuttin.

Where can I find words on the Web to Guadalcanal Diary's song "Always Saturday".

I remember reading them on the liner notes of Craig Ciurca's CD when he got it, but that was, ohhh, 13 years ago and he could be dead now for all I know. Call me a Johnny-come-lately.

Thank you.

Hey, who are you ttomcornell?  I don't like my name thrown around the net willy-nilly. 

Unless there are two Craig Ciurca's on the net, w/ a Guadalcanal Diary album.

Check for new replies or respond here...