inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: scanty sandwich, because of you..lyrics

Written By: deb on 09/14/04 at 5:59 pm

ok...this tune drove me mad for a while.  Was wildly guessing the lyrics UNTIL I found out that they used a sample of Michael Jackson singing a song called shoo be doo be doo dah day, written by stevie wonder.  The third verse is...
You'd better listen to me, yeah, yeah.
Heartaches are callin' tears are fallin' because of you, hey, yeah,
And when you're gone she'll know I'm the one to go to her rescue
Baby you didn't know that thing.
You're gonna leave her once too many times and when you come back
That girl's gonna be mine, all mine, hey, hey.
Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo- Be-Doo-Da-Day
Her feet may wander, her heart may stray, yeah, yeah
Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo- Be-Doo-Da-Dee.
Love's gon' send your baby straight to me, hey, hey.

So lyrics are...Heartaches are callin' and tears are fallin' because of you...oh yeah etc

I can now sleep at nights...hope this helps any others being driven mad!!!!

Subject: Re: scanty sandwich, because of you..lyrics

Written By: model_couture on 04/26/06 at 10:31 pm

you're so awesome, this has been keeping me up at night as well! :D

Written By: Richman on 09/17/10 at 7:51 am

I know the message is 6 years old ... but this one's been bugging me for longer!

I could have sworn that was a female vocalist on the Scanty track. Well done! I can sleep now too!

Written By: Zeff on 04/09/11 at 4:18 pm

You legend! I been searching for this track for ages and now my search comes to an end! :D Always wondered what the lyrics were. I always knew it was from Michael Jackson during the Jackson 5 era, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell he was saying!

Nice one :D

Z

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/11/11 at 9:46 pm

You legend! I been searching for this track for ages and now my search comes to an end! :D Always wondered what the lyrics were. I always knew it was from Michael Jackson during the Jackson 5 era, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell he was saying!

Thanks to all for filling in the blanks, because I wasn't familiar with the track myself.  But now that you guys have done all the hard work, I'll recap with links for the benefit of any search engines that may pick up on it. 

Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day is a 1968 track recorded by Stevie Wonder in 1968, re-recorded in 1972 by Michael Jackson on Ben, and redone as Shoo-Bee-Doo by Madonna in 1984 on Like a Virgin.

Check for new replies or respond here...