inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone know of a doper garbage man song by Spanky & Our Gang?

Written By: Ken on 09/24/04 at 12:47 am

I know that there was a song by Spanky and Our Gang that started with some laid back background music and two guys, garbage men, talking. I think one says that this is a pretty crappy job and the other tells him how he gets through the day feelin fine....he smokes weed! I have been looking for years for that song (used to have it on an LP). Can anyone PLEASE help?

Thanks!

Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a doper garbage man song by Spanky & Our Gang?

Written By: kEN on 09/25/04 at 1:12 am

By help I mean can anyone tell me anything about this song? Title? What album it was on?  ANYTHING?

Written By: zcrito on 09/26/04 at 9:14 pm

I believe the song you're talking about is called "Commercial", from their first album.

S&OG are a great '60s group. Probably better than The Mamas and the Papas.
Lazy Day, 
Like To Get To Know You, 
Sunday Will Never Be The Same.

It's hard to believe they would have a song like you described. 
"Our Gang" must've had a very negative influence on Spanky??  ???

:)

Written By: Ken on 09/30/04 at 1:14 am

Thx! Any idea how I could get an MP3 of this song?

Written By: Donna on 10/23/04 at 9:28 am

By help I mean can anyone tell me anything about this song? Title? What album it was on?  ANYTHING?
      I have it.  It is called "Commercial"  It's on Spanky's greatest hits.  You should be able to get it at your local record store-I did.    Song cracks me up

Written By: Jon Peirce on 12/28/04 at 6:06 pm

I know that there was a song by Spanky and Our Gang that started with some laid back background music and two guys, garbage men, talking. I think one says that this is a pretty crappy job and the other tells him how he gets through the day feelin fine....he smokes weed! I have been looking for years for that song (used to have it on an LP). Can anyone PLEASE help?

Thanks!

The last line was:  "Pot's too good/To be just for the young."  How it cracked me up!  jp

Check for new replies or respond here...