inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help finding the name of a 80's song and artist.. i have some of the lyrics

Written By: OrchidBebop on 10/05/04 at 5:34 pm

Hi... I need to know the Artist and possible the name of this 80's song... I hope this is enough for some one to help me.

Here are the lyrics that i know...

take my heart, take my soul....cause i dont need it any more...take my love...take my trust...take it all...if you must...cause i can't see.. take my tears..take my spine.....cause i don't need them this time.....take my head..take all my sense...take it all, all it's so willing...

If any one knows of a place where you can search by lyrics and not by song/artist or album that would help also..  Thanks.  :-[  :\'(

Subject: Re: Need help finding the name of a 80's song and artist.. i have some of the lyrics

Written By: RetrO* on 10/06/04 at 6:24 pm

hey Orchid... sorry ... I can't help you .. thought it might have been the doors or something like that... but i'm not sure... but if i hear those words in a song I'll let you know....

Subject: Re: Need help finding the name of a 80's song and artist.. i have some of the lyrics

Written By: MLB on 10/06/04 at 6:42 pm

Would it be Heart and Soul by T'Pau by any chance?  I don't remember the exact words but maybe ...

Written By: karen on 10/07/04 at 11:27 am

If any one knows of a place where you can search by lyrics and not by song/artist or album that would help also..  Thanks.  :-[  :\'(

What I tend to do is chose a phrase from the song and put it into Google as "typical phrase" lyrics.  This then finds all the lyrics pages (and some others) with that phrase in it.  You can then check out the most likely.

However some songs are so obscure that this doesn't work.  I tried it with some of the phrases you mention above but couldn't find anything to match any of the others.  Perhaps if you try it, though, it maybe that you wil find the song you are thinking of but you haven't quite got the lyrics right.

Some people here might be able to help if you can give a bit more information as to the style of the song.  e.g. fast/slow, male/female/group, rock/pop/country etc.  Or who it sounds a bit like.  These things all help.

Written By: carina on 10/11/04 at 7:17 am

I know this song, but, I am probably guessing wrong. But, my two guesses are either, The sherbs, don't know the name of the song, or, If not for you, and I don't know who sang it.  ::)

Subject: Re: Need help finding the name of a 80's song and artist.. i have some of the ly

Written By: Tidalcloud on 10/11/04 at 12:05 pm

I know this song, but, I am probably guessing wrong. But, my two guesses are either, The sherbs, don't know the name of the song, or, If not for you, and I don't know who sang it.  ::)

The Sherbs had a pretty good song (and the only one that got any play) called "I Have the Skill".  I don't these are lyrics from it but demo it somewhere.
Kool & The Gang had a song in the 80's called "Misled" that had some similar lyrics.  "My heart ... my soul ... my love ... is that the goal"

Subject: Re: Need help finding the name of a 80's song and artist.. i have some of the ly

Written By: carina on 10/12/04 at 6:07 am

The Sherbs had a pretty good song (and the only one that got any play) called "I Have the Skill".  I don't these are lyrics from it but demo it somewhere.
Kool & The Gang had a song in the 80's called "Misled" that had some similar lyrics.  "My heart ... my soul ... my love ... is that the goal"

On the Sherbs song, (skill), that wasn't the one I was thinking of....this one had a dumb video w/guys riding motorcycles in the rain. Something like, "there's no turning back, no way, uh-hih, this time it's pver for good.

Check for new replies or respond here...