inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to find the song / artist by the lyrics.

Written By: Tidalcloud on 10/10/04 at 12:47 pm

For two years now I've been trying to find the name of the song and artist by the lyrics.  Google searches have been unsuccessful.  The artist sounds a bit like Oasis and the song relatively recent.  In fact Fox is using short spurts of the music when going to or coming back from commercial break during the Sunday football games.  Here are the lyrics I can make out:

When I see my life is fading fast

The luxury of time to live without

<chorus>
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together

I gave my soul to you a thousand times
And even still I feel as though I never tried
We gave it all We gave it up
To taste the pleasure
We are...
<chorus>
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together

If anyone can help me identify this song it would be greatly appreciated.

Subject: Re: Trying to find the song / artist by the lyrics.

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/10/04 at 6:10 pm

that isnt "We are all made of stars" by Moby, is it?

probably not

Written By: Tidalcloud on 10/10/04 at 10:40 pm

Nope.  Just reviewed it in iTunes and that's not it.  This song sounds more like Oasis.  Thanks anyway.

Written By: Tidalcloud on 10/13/04 at 7:18 pm

anybody?

Written By: Tidalcloud on 10/15/04 at 11:45 pm

Please ... anyone.  I even have an mp3 of the song if I can e-mail or ftp it to anyone.

Written By: Tidalcloud on 11/05/04 at 9:00 am

Not getting much in the way of response.  I guess it means most are stumped.  This was a recent song (past 5-6 years) that got some airplay.  Group sounds a cross between Oasis and Monaco.

Written By: Tidalcloud on 11/30/04 at 11:52 pm

If anyone knows of a way I can attach a small compressed clip of this song to my posting let me know.  Hearing it might help someone identify it.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 12/01/04 at 6:03 am

- Press "Reply"
- use the "Additional Options" button at the bottom left
- attach a "mpg" file from your local drive

:)

Written By: Tidalcloud on 12/19/04 at 6:37 pm

OK.  I was able to save a small 40 second clip of the song as a wav.  And I have an audio converter that will convert to just about anythign but I can't find anything that this site / forum will accept as an attachment.  No wma, mp3 etc.  How can I save this clip so it can be attached here?

Written By: mrgazpacho on 12/19/04 at 7:48 pm

Soory - I thought the boards would accept non-picture files. I think I was wrong about that.  :-[

Written By: Tidalcloud on 12/22/04 at 10:45 pm

Kinda odd considering many of these forums are about music.

Written By: Jeff on 12/27/04 at 2:57 pm

Souled Out by The Supreme Love Gods (1992)

For two years now I've been trying to find the name of the song and artist by the lyrics.  Google searches have been unsuccessful.  The artist sounds a bit like Oasis and the song relatively recent.  In fact Fox is using short spurts of the music when going to or coming back from commercial break during the Sunday football games.  Here are the lyrics I can make out:

<chorus>
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together

To taste the pleasure
We are...
<chorus>
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together

Written By: mygrlky03 on 01/05/05 at 4:56 pm

I also have a song that I have been trying to find for the last 4 years. I don't know who the artist is or the title of the song for that matter. But it goes a lil' something like this... :D

One of you is smoke and the other one is fire
I get caught between the emotions you inspire
Oh, how it hurts to try to choose between the two of you
cuz I need the best of both worlds..

(Chorus)

Meet me at the same place, same time (Repeat)

Can someone Help me? :-\\

Written By: Tidalcloud on 01/05/05 at 6:41 pm

Fantastic Jeff.  Thanks much.  You've solved a longstanding one for me.  Have you heard anything else from this group?

Written By: nb24gas on 01/24/05 at 9:18 am

I also have a song that I have been trying to find for the last 4 years. I don't know who the artist is or the title of the song for that matter. But it goes a lil' something like this... :D

One of you is smoke and the other one is fire
I get caught between the emotions you inspire
Oh, how it hurts to try to choose between the two of you
cuz I need the best of both worlds..

(Chorus)

Meet me at the same place, same time (Repeat)

Can someone Help me? :-\\

hello i have been looking for this song for the last 12-15 years it came out sometime in the mid to late 80S i like you remember the lyrics but not who was singing this has been the hardest song for me to find  :-[ . i thought the song sounded like a old rick James beat like moonchild but i can't figure who the woman's voice who sings the song is. good to know i;m notthe only on looking for this song.

Written By: onyxbliss on 01/31/05 at 11:31 am

heard song other day on kiss fm nyc  but missed artist name , tried to look at kiss playlist on web -- unsuccessful.  contact r& b radio  , they may be able to help--  :-\\

Written By: mygrlky03 on 02/05/05 at 2:51 pm

heard song other day on kiss fm nyc  but missed artist name , tried to look at kiss playlist on web -- unsuccessful.  contact r& b radio  , they may be able to help--  :-\\
      Thanks Onyx! I have tried to contact the DJ's at the radio stations but no luck. :-[ Guess I'll keep trying.

Written By: K-K on 02/09/05 at 6:14 pm

hello i have been looking for this song for the last 12-15 years it came out sometime in the mid to late 80S i like you remember the lyrics but not who was singing this has been the hardest song for me to find  :-[ . i thought the song sounded like a old rick James beat like moonchild but i can't figure who the woman's voice who sings the song is. good to know i;m notthe only on looking for this song.
 Hey, Nb24gas! I found out who sings the song. It's a girl group by the name of Krystol. They came out in the 80's under the Epic label. The name of the song is "Same place Same time". Have fun trying to find it because I've been trying since I found out and seems  as if the don't make it in CD or Cassette format. Anyway, hope all this info. is of some help to you. God Bless... :D

Written By: tony on 03/06/05 at 2:58 pm

YOU need help, if your posting forum trying to find a song, just listen to oasis and act like the song never existed, :-\\

Written By: Kyle Haines on 09/26/05 at 3:08 pm

I heard this song on The Weather Channel, and I really loved it, but it's a 30 second commercial, and I am trying to find the name of the artist and song name by the lyrics, here is how I think it goes: "You say go slow, something drives behind me, run away far come on let's go, and will not stop, I will come down, oh no, go across that window, I will carry you.
If anyone can help me identify this song it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/05 at 6:40 am

I heard this song on The Weather Channel, and I really loved it, but it's a 30 second commercial, and I am trying to find the name of the artist and song name by the lyrics, here is how I think it goes: "You say go slow, something drives behind me, run away far come on let's go, and will not stop, I will come down, oh no, go across that window, I will carry you.
If anyone can help me identify this song it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

What was the product?

Written By: Pamela on 10/04/05 at 7:41 am

I've been trying to find that Weather Channel song too... with no luck.  It's not for a product.  It's just a Weather Channel commercial where they show all these different people. 

Written By: thesmitty.net on 10/06/05 at 3:08 pm

I've been trying to find that Weather Channel song too... with no luck.  It's not for a product.  It's just a Weather Channel commercial where they show all these different people. 

I've found the song from the Weather Channel commercial. The name of the song is "Window" by Guster.  You can find it on Kazaa.

Written By: Andy C. on 10/20/05 at 12:51 pm

It's "Window" by Guster.

Written By: Olivia on 10/28/05 at 1:35 pm

Thank y'all so much!  I have been looking for this song forever and I am so excited I stumbled onto your sight!!!!!  Thank y'all!!!!  :)

Subject: Cant find song

Written By: Tarita on 12/05/05 at 6:52 pm

hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me out with this song

its like a techno song it goes "in my heartbaby, in my heart baby so on so on"
well i think thats what they say, a girl sings it i can remember the video clip

The video clip is of a girl is waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up then they go places then they go to a party then ack to his house im guessing and yeah
please if anyone knows this song please please please tell me!!! :\'(

thanks heaps

Subject: Re: Cant find song

Written By: snozberries on 12/09/05 at 3:18 pm

hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me out with this song

its like a techno song it goes "in my heartbaby, in my heart baby so on so on"
well i think thats what they say, a girl sings it i can remember the video clip

The video clip is of a girl is waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up then they go places then they go to a party then ack to his house im guessing and yeah
please if anyone knows this song please please please tell me!!! :\'(

thanks heaps

could it be Tell It to my Hear by Taylor Dane?  That is more R&B than techno though

Written By: reid on 07/20/07 at 2:54 am

<chorus>
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together

To taste the pleasure
We are...
<chorus>
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together
We are all together

I have been looking for this song too and have the full thing on a bad mp3. In fact...I have seen this posting up here for about as long as I have been searching.  Did you ever find out who sings this song?  I really want it. its a great song.

Check for new replies or respond here...