inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: An old song called "Ambushed"

Written By: Bertiesmum on 10/21/04 at 8:11 pm

I found your terrific forums while spending my time googling and searching for a song a member of my family is trying to track down. I would really appreciate your suggestions please.
The song I am after is a song called "Ambushed" (probably country). It is sung by a female singer or singers and the only words she or I can remember are ......
"Ambushed, I got (caught?) you at the pass; Ambushed, you're never gonna pass (or similar). I think it was around late 60's or early 70's.
I know it isn't much and I apologise profusely. As well as using every available search engine, I put requests onto a few newsgroups but apart from being abused for not knowing more about the song, I really didn't get anywhere except a suggestion that the song may have been made by a group called "The Outlaws" but I cant find anything.
Regards Christine.

Subject: Re: An old song called "Ambushed"

Written By: jaytee on 10/28/04 at 10:41 am

Hi Christine

Boy you've really given my memory a jolt with "Ambused".  My brother had the record.  For some reason I keep thinking this is an Australian song. 

It went something like "Ambused ... yeah I got you in heart, ambushed ... now we're never gonna part, ambused ... it's gonna be just like I said .... you're ??      and good time days are dead".  A female voice.  I thought it may have been Dinah Lee but googling her bio and discography hasn't turned up anything.  I'll ring my brother - he may remember. :)

Regards
Janine

Written By: jaytee on 11/11/04 at 5:56 am

I've been talking to my brother - the name of the song was "Ambush" by Maria Dallas who was a New Zealand country music performer.

Written By: Phil Lentz on 11/14/04 at 2:15 am

Yes, it was by "Ambush" New Zealed singer Maria Dallas. I've also been trying to locate the song on CD, and have searched all over New Zealand with no result. I think she's just been forgotten. Her other hits in Australia were "Tumblin' Down (1967) and "Pinnochio" (circa 1970), all on the New Zealand Viking label.

I have seen the original vinyl single of "Ambush" on E-Bay, but never on CD.

One NZ website suggests it is coming out on a compilation CD called "Cool Chicks", but I haven't been able to locate it.

I understand Maria married an Australian guy and is living here somewhere.

All the best
Phil

Written By: Christine on 12/19/04 at 5:51 pm

I've been talking to my brother - the name of the song was "Ambush" by Maria Dallas who was a New Zealand country music performer.

To Phil and Jaytee, I don't know how to answer you personally so thank you both for your trouble and time, I am so grateful. This ends a long search now all I have to do is get the song but that will be fun too. Both of you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...