inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: More lyric/artist/title help needed!

Written By: dbbarney on 11/17/04 at 2:39 am

Is there a better place than this to list smooth jazz lyrics I've heard in hopes of finding someone who will give me the titles? I'm looking for a Jazz Guru.

We're probably talking 10 years old or more for some of these pieces.

Thanks for any input.

Dean Barney

Here are some samples:

'From time to time, we disagree, and it hurts each time we do...where two hearts are concerned, love is worth the pain it costs. <chorus>Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven, Sometimes you have to close your eyes to see the light, so if we have to go through hell to get to heaven, darling hold me tight and heaven will be ours again tonight'

'This is the story of the General. One who blazed a trail, one who seldom failed. The man I'm speaking of they call Charlo, a phenomena, Mr. Charisma. He organized one of the great steel bands...<chorus> You can count on him, a <indecipherable> man, <indecipherable> Desperados was his band. I can see him now...Trinidad and Tobago was his land'

'<chorus> My baby's gonna be alright, let me love you for one more night. I just want to hold you--closer <repeat>'

I could sing these 3 songs, at least the melodies, but that won't work here. I just don't know all the lyrics. They were on a cassette tape that my ex-wife threw out because she didn't think I needed it...you can see why she is now my ex. Always make backups!

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean Barney

Subject: Re: More lyric/artist/title help needed!

Written By: melvin on 08/21/05 at 8:31 pm

I am also looking for the title or artist name to the song with lyrics,

'<chorus> My baby's gonna be alright, let me love you for one more night. I just want to hold you--closer <repeat>'

please help me: I have been searching on google for two years but no success.  melvingant@gmail.com is my email

Is there a better place than this to list smooth jazz lyrics I've heard in hopes of finding someone who will give me the titles? I'm looking for a Jazz Guru.

We're probably talking 10 years old or more for some of these pieces.

Thanks for any input.

Dean Barney

Here are some samples:

'From time to time, we disagree, and it hurts each time we do...where two hearts are concerned, love is worth the pain it costs. <chorus>Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven, Sometimes you have to close your eyes to see the light, so if we have to go through hell to get to heaven, darling hold me tight and heaven will be ours again tonight'

'This is the story of the General. One who blazed a trail, one who seldom failed. The man I'm speaking of they call Charlo, a phenomena, Mr. Charisma. He organized one of the great steel bands...<chorus> You can count on him, a <indecipherable> man, <indecipherable> Desperados was his band. I can see him now...Trinidad and Tobago was his land'

I could sing these 3 songs, at least the melodies, but that won't work here. I just don't know all the lyrics. They were on a cassette tape that my ex-wife threw out because she didn't think I needed it...you can see why she is now my ex. Always make backups!

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean Barney

Check for new replies or respond here...