inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Nelly Song that I'm shocked no one has asked about...

Written By: cnwalls on 11/20/04 at 6:06 am

In "Shake Ya Tailfeather,"  Nelly says: (the part I'm having trouble with is in italics)

Come here girl!
What yo name is?
Where you from? Turn around! Who you came with?
Is that your ass, or is your momma half reindeer?

You see where my confusion is?  I work with preteens, and I have no idea if that's what he says, or what in the heck that means.

Help!  Anyone!!!

Subject: Re: A Nelly Song that I'm shocked no one has asked about...

Written By: mrgazpacho on 11/20/04 at 11:59 am

I suppose a reindeer would have a huge arse! :)

Written By: karen on 11/22/04 at 5:25 am

I did a quick Google search for some lyrics sites.  They all seem to agree that it's

Is that your a** or did your momma have (a) reindeer?

Perhaps not what you want pre-teens singing

edited to add.  I help to organise an activity camp every year for older Cub Scouts (9 and 10 years old).  One of the 'quieter' activities is a karaoke session.  The agreement is that they can do Eminem (sp?) etc as long as they say "bleep" for any swear words etc.  If anyone swears then we turn the music off and they don't get another go.  There hasn't been a problem with this in any of the sessions I've watched.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/06/04 at 12:27 pm

I help to organise an activity camp every year for older Cub Scouts (9 and 10 years old).  One of the 'quieter' activities is a karaoke session.  The agreement is that they can do Eminem (sp?) etc as long as they say "bleep" for any swear words etc.  If anyone swears then we turn the music off and they don't get another go.  There hasn't been a problem with this in any of the sessions I've watched.

Why don't you tell them just not to "Rap" the word? Saying "Bleep" just sounds stupid! :D

Written By: karen on 12/06/04 at 12:38 pm

Well maybe.  But not saying a word would spoil the rhythm more than saying a different word I think.

Written By: smokey_munkie on 12/12/04 at 2:50 am

wat i dont get is y ur so shocked? surely eminem is heaps worse than 1 line in a nelly song and u let 9 and 10 year olds rap bout hitting their mom ova the head with a shovel? id rather them sang bout a huge a** or a stupid reeindeer

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/12/04 at 3:06 am

Sometimes a black woman's rear end is compared to the size of a donkey's or reindeer's.

Tanya

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/12/05 at 4:16 pm

The agreement is that they can do Eminem (sp?) etc as long as they say "bleep" for any swear words etc.  If anyone swears then we turn the music off and they don't get another go.  There hasn't been a problem with this in any of the sessions I've watched.

You meaney!  :P

Me thinks it is in reference to either Spanking till red  ::) (This is nelly we are dealing with) or.. the size

Check for new replies or respond here...