inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anti Nuke song

Written By: Alan on 11/28/04 at 6:42 am

Looking for the title and lyrics to an anti nuke song circa 1980 or so.  I want to believe it was called Power of the Sun, but can't find it by that title.  It was a collaborative work... maybe James Taylor or Jackson Browne were involved.

Good lyrics, catchy tune! 

Thanks.

Subject: Re: Anti Nuke song

Written By: Bank on it again on 12/29/04 at 6:06 am

Too funny. I come to this board for the first time in months, and there are posts from two different people trying to find a couple of somewhat obscure songs by the same artist...

The song is "Power" by John Hall. It originally appeared on his 1979 album, also titled Power, but was not a hit...

Later that same year (September, to be exact), Hall helped organize the "MUSE" benefit concerts that were held at Madison Square Garden in NYC. Other major participants in those concerts included Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt, and yes, both James Taylor and Jackson Browne. In December of '79, a triple-album of the highlights from those concerts was released, titled No Nukes/The MUSE Concerts for a Non-Nuclear Future. That triple album featured Hall performing his song live w/ the Doobie Brothers and James Taylor, and is apparently the version you're thinking of...

And as noted in my response to another query on this board below, Hall would strike again in the Winter of '82 w/ another AOR classic, "Crazy (Keep on Falling)", which is also well worth checking out...

BTW, I found the lyrics to "Power" at this site: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/magroskibr/letras05.html#james-power

Check for new replies or respond here...