inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weird Song from late 1994 or 1995

Written By: SpaceHog on 01/19/05 at 12:01 pm

On  our local hip hop station, they made this song get constant airplay, it was being sung by the Afro-Arab woman. I couldnt understand the words but if anyone could help I would greatly apprieciate it! :) ;) ;D 8)

Subject: Re: Weird Song from late 1994 or 1995

Written By: bj26 on 01/19/05 at 12:22 pm

On  our local hip hop station, they made this song get constant airplay, it was being sung by the Afro-Arab woman. I couldnt understand the words but if anyone could help I would greatly apprieciate it! :) ;) ;D 8)
There was a female vocalist of Yemini descent I used to hear on the college station around the time you say, she was Ofra Haza.

Written By: SpaceHog on 01/19/05 at 12:47 pm

did they say the songs name?

Written By: bj26 on 01/19/05 at 2:35 pm

did they say the songs name?
Check out this website and see if you can make anything out of it.  Sorry, I don't know the song names, they are in Hebrew or Arabic, but she was popular in the mid 90s or maybe I should say she got a fair amount of airplay on the local college station, WRFL.  She might be the one you are looking for. http://www.hrmusic.com/discos/ohwin2.html

Written By: SpaceHog on 01/20/05 at 9:55 am

I have downloaded every Ofra Hoza Song that WinMx has in their system, and still cant find it.

Written By: alex on 01/22/05 at 12:07 am

Hey ppl
Dunno if the song is the one you are looking for, cause its from year 1993 -that is for sure, 100%- but check the song "Swet Lullaby" from Deep Forest.
I think it was a one hit wonder, hope i can help ya

Check for new replies or respond here...