inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another obscure song search

Written By: Moonshadow on 01/25/05 at 9:33 pm

I'm looking for a song that was out int eh mid to late 90's.  One hit wonder that got a fair amount of airplay on the alternative and all hit format stations.
I need the artist and the title, as well as the album name.  It was a moderately fast paced song, vaguely similar to Tom Petty's "Something in the air" or "Mary Jane's Last Dance".  It had a sort of...well...I hate the term, but grunge sound. The lyrics I can remember went something like this:

"I'm the one, natural one..."

Ring any bells?

Subject: Re: Another obscure song search

Written By: mrgazpacho on 01/26/05 at 2:52 am

Is that Natural One by Folk Implosion which was on the soundtrack of the 1995 Larry Clark art-house movie Kids?

Subject: Re: Another obscure song search

Written By: Moonshadow on 01/26/05 at 3:00 am

Is that Natural One by Folk Implosion which was on the soundtrack of the 1995 Larry Clark art-house movie Kids?

Chris,
  Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.  I can't say about the soundtrack part, but yes, I do believe that that is the song.  I was looking at a site listed in another thread and found the song over there.  I'm setting it up for download on WinMX.  Next, I'll be tracking down the lyrics.

Check for new replies or respond here...