inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unknown song and artist. Song on my mind since I heard it in England.Please help

Written By: David on 01/31/05 at 12:52 am

Well I heard this song a couple times while I was living in England last year, but I never figured out the title or the artist. When I tuned in to San Francisco's Live 105 this past Saturday morning, I heard the last bit of it and it reminded me. I don't have much to go on, but the chorus goes something like: " Go underground, go underground, nanana na nana nanana na nana (can't understand and don't remember the words, but that's sort of the meter) go underground, go underground, nanana na nana nanana na nana, go underground, go underground....
It sounds like an 80's British pop punk song, and I'm pretty sure that is what it is.. It's so catchy. I can't believe I can't remember of the lyrics. Well, I know it's not much to go on, but if you have any idea who it might be, I would be very grateful for your help.
Thanks

Subject: Re: Unknown song and artist. Song on my mind since I heard it in England.Please help

Written By: karen on 01/31/05 at 3:44 am

Sounds like it might be Going Underground by The Jam

I've never been exactly able to work out the lyrics inbetween either!

Subject: Re: Unknown song and artist... Thank you so much. That's the song.

Written By: David on 02/01/05 at 12:22 am

Hey thank you so much. That's the song I was looking for. If you're ever in the Bay Area, I owe you a drink. That song is so cool. Thanks again.

Subject: Re: Unknown song and artist... Thank you so much. That's the song.

Written By: karen on 02/01/05 at 3:46 am

Hey thank you so much. That's the song I was looking for. If you're ever in the Bay Area, I owe you a drink. That song is so cool. Thanks again.

Not planning to go to San Francisco in the near future.  The flights are too expensive.

I'm from England by the way

Check for new replies or respond here...