inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song title or lyric: "45"

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/31/05 at 9:44 pm

My turn to ask for help.

I'm looking for a song from the late 90s that prominently features the lyric "forty-five." The meter goes something like
NA  na-na-na  NA-na  na na  forty-five

It's kinda bouncy alt-rock - I think with a British or Aussie accent - that has the same feel (and was around at the same time) as OMC's "How Bizarre."

Unfortunately, that's all I've got.

(It is NOT "45" by Shinedown.)

Anyone?

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: Song title or lyric: "45"

Written By: mrgazpacho on 01/31/05 at 11:25 pm

Brimful Of Asha by Cornershop.

"Brimful of Asha on the 45"...

Written By: Spaff.com on 02/01/05 at 12:48 am

Wow. How did we ever live without this site?

Thank you, Sir Gazpacho!

xoxox
Spaff

P.S. Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/01/05 at 5:01 am

Mine's on the 45 :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/15/05 at 10:15 pm

OK, it's been two weeks.

Nobody else has any ideas, and this is a long shot, but I'm gonna go with Ivor Biggun, (aka Ivor Biggun and the D. Kups) "Bras on 45".  It's got a "45" in the chorus, and a chorus of "BRAS-on-FORTY-five, Bras-on-forty-five" in a NA-na NANA-na, na-na na-na-na" sort of bassline.

Any of this ring a bell?

Lyrics:

Well I went out for a boogie, a week ago last Tuesday
I was doing the Wigan Hustle and the Palais Glide
I met a girl in big suspenders and her boswams were stupendous
Like two bald-headed men sitting side by side

(She wore a bra size fourty-five, and she could jump and jive
And when she stopped dancing, bits of her kept wobbling about
She said you drive me crazy, burn some rubber on me Baby
She grabbed my little whistle and she began to shout...)

"Hit me with your rhythm stick! Hit me! Hit me!
Je t'adore, Ich liebe dic,  Hit me, Hit me, Hit me!|
Hit me with your rhythm stick, I'm six feet tall and five feet thick!
Hit me, Hit me, Hit... me!"

(Bra size fourty-five, Bra size fourty-five)

Rest of lyrics at:

http://freespace.virgin.net/stephen.theobald/lyrics_bras.txt

Ivor has a website.  And samples of his music online. 

Written By: Spaff.com on 02/20/05 at 1:14 pm

Nobody else has any ideas, and this is a long shot, but I'm gonna go with Ivor Biggun, (aka Ivor Biggun and the D. Kups) "Bras on 45". 

Actually, Chris (mrgazpacho) got it right away - "Brimful of Asha" by Cornershop. But thanks for reminding me of that "Stars on 45" parody, which I remember hearing on Dr. Demento back in the day. "Like two fat little boys wrestling under a blanket" - heh heh.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/23/05 at 10:58 pm

Actually, Chris (mrgazpacho) got it right away - "Brimful of Asha" by Cornershop. But thanks for reminding me of that "Stars on 45" parody, which I remember hearing on Dr. Demento back in the day. "Like two fat little boys wrestling under a blanket" - heh heh.

xoxox
Spaff

*snork* -- hey, just tried some - love your parodies!  Long as we're walking down memory lane, if you remember an obscure 80s teen flick ("Losin' It") and a whorehouse piano player... you absolutely *must* check out John Valby.

By day, classical pianist under his real name, which remains undisclosed.  By night, Dr. Dirty, filthiest piano player and parodist on the face of the earth.  Still performs live if you're in the northeast.  (No, I'm not him.  Seen him live, though. Great guy, and really knows how to play a crowd.)

Written By: Spaff.com on 02/27/05 at 12:32 pm

*snork* -- hey, just tried some - love your parodies!  Long as we're walking down memory lane, if you remember an obscure 80s teen flick ("Losin' It") and a whorehouse piano player... you absolutely *must* check out John Valby.

Thanx, Foo. I'll have to check him out. Any male who can get a paying job in a whorehouse has my utmost envy.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...