inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does "dance" mean "sex"?

Written By: Robbo on 03/08/05 at 5:11 am

I was listening to some Michael Jackson songs, and wondered if when he sings "dance" he means "sex", and "Dancefloor" means "bed"? Let me explain...

Billie Jean - Michael's most famous song - is about Michael having sex with a girl, the girl falls pregnant, the girl claims he is the father, Michael reckons he's not the father.

There is a line which is repeated numeous times throughout the song - "Then we danced on the floor in the round" - if you swap "danced" with "had sex" and "floor" with "bed", you get - "The we had sex on the bed in the round" or "We had sex all night long".

That makes alot more sense to me, in relevance to what the entire song is about.

Another example is Michael's 1997 hit, "Blood On The Dance Floor". The song is about STD's, from what I can understand. The main line is "Blood is on the dance floor" - how does this apply to STD's? Lets see if this works - "Blood is on the bed (or sheets)" - referring to menstuaration(sp?).

Another great example is his 1979 hit "Rock With You". The song is obviously about sex. In the song Michael sings, "lay back and groove with me". You don't lay down to dance, you lay down to have sex. Makes sence!
The chorus sings "I wanna rock with you (all night), dance you into day - I wanna rock with you (all night), we gonna dance the night away" - or - "I wanna have sex with you all night".

The 1975 hit - Dancing Machine - could be translated to "Sex Machine".

It's obvoius to me that when Michael says something to do with dancing, he is actually referring to sex. What do you think?

Subject: Re: Does "dance" mean "sex"?

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 7:53 am

Only in your mind  ::)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/14/05 at 1:44 am

Makes sense to me.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/14/05 at 10:30 pm

While we're at it.  Another one with innuendo - 2 Live Crew, "We Want Some P*ahem*ssy". You could read those lyrics in several different ways.

Oh, get your minds outa the gutter.

Had some trouble with the line about the Mercedes, but I'm pretty sure the song (taken as a whole) is  about a benefit/adoption concert for a Miami, FL, cat shelter.

/had to.  One ticket to the fiery place, please.  Aisle seating.

Written By: v on 03/25/05 at 10:22 pm

i think it all in ur mind... well it is more on how one takes and understands things..
f u see it that way, i totally agree but there is also a chance that u can perceive in a different way.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/26/05 at 3:12 pm

I think maybe you need a hobby.  If he wanted Dance Machine to Be Sex Machine he would have called
it that.  Of course Sly and the Family Stone already had a song by that name.  Most every song ever written
could be written in a different way, just as you have done here.

Written By: Immortal_Knight on 04/09/16 at 6:53 pm

Now, i realize this is a topic from over 10 years ago. I realize this. But i feel i had nay MUST respond to this more than a decade old post because I believe in the OP and can provide proof.

One song you failed to mention by Jackson, which has LEGITMATE proof of it being about sex, is "Don't stop till you get enough".

In the lyrics we not only see "Just love me 'til you don't know how" but we also see "the force is love power"

guess what the chorus is?

Keep on with the force, don't stop Don't stop 'til you get enough.

If that is not a hidden meaning for having sex, then i don't know what is.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/16 at 9:12 am

It is all subliminal

Written By: alexau on 05/17/16 at 5:34 am

It depends on person who listening it what it means
For instance, I prefer DJI Mavic Pro quadcopter over other drones.

Check for new replies or respond here...