inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: M&Ms commercial song "Color My World"

Written By: BigFantasiaFan on 03/13/05 at 6:22 pm

I've found the original version of Colour My World, by Petula Clark, but I want the one sung in the commercial.  Anybody have any idea where I can find it? :o :-\\

Free Yourself
Fantasia

Subject: Re: M&Ms commercial song "Color My World"

Written By: alex on 03/17/05 at 1:48 pm

Any luck finding "Color My world" From M&M's song? Everytime I goto the movies I love that, and its stuck in my head for hours. But when I get home, I usually forget, THIS TIME I DIDNT! I need to get that and possibly with the video....Done make me bring my video camera to the movies! hehe. Take care
~Alex

Written By: mrgazpacho on 03/19/05 at 9:08 am

Aren't "ad" songs usually done by some session singers? Unless it's a current song that trades on the band's popularity.

Written By: Ansky1213 on 03/19/05 at 10:12 am

Aren't "ad" songs usually done by some session singers? Unless it's a current song that trades on the band's popularity.

Not always. The Coca-Cola C2 movie theatre ad cuased me to fall in love with Queen's "I Want To Break Free." I think Queen has already peaked in terms of popularity  ;)

Written By: Maddie on 03/29/05 at 4:49 pm

If you go to mms.com you can watch the commercials. Once you are at the site, go to games. then there is a link to commercials. I hope this helps!  ;)
-Maddie-

Written By: taylor on 08/11/05 at 1:10 pm

I've found the original version of Colour My World, by Petula Clark, but I want the one sung in the commercial.  Anybody have any idea where I can find it? :o :-\\

i love that video can you help me get it ?????

Free Yourself
Fantasia

Written By: MusicFan() on 09/17/05 at 1:52 pm

Found the song.  Go to www.allmusic.com (great site by the way!) and look up the song "Such Great Heights", maybe this link will give you a preview:  http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=ADFEAEE57A1CDB48AB7320CAAD337BD9946AF301D14CB48D112D5600C5BC0B5F861845FD05BAD8CAAEF875B47CE3FD24A05905D1C2FE3681&sql=50:xt08b5m4bsmh~T. 

It is a cover of the song written and performed by Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello otherwise known as "The Postal Service".  The original is great too, much faster but the bones of the song are recognizable.  Check out Gibbard's other band, "Death Cab for Cutie" too, good stuff.

Written By: Blond Storm on 10/02/05 at 1:31 pm

I can find the commercial, but can't find who sings the song.  Has anyone else found any more info on it?  I also found Petula Clark's version, but I like the version in the commercial much better.  And it's not the song done by the Postal Workers...that's a different commercial.

Written By: kool on 02/12/06 at 1:06 am

its such great hights by iron and wine who does this song

Written By: DEBB on 06/13/06 at 1:05 am

try the group "chicago"

debb

Check for new replies or respond here...