inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NISSAN XTERRA SONG

Written By: SHANON on 03/19/05 at 9:09 pm

Subject: Re: NISSAN XTERRA SONG

Written By: 1Dan on 03/20/05 at 4:08 pm

Artist: Span

Song: "Stay As You Are"

This song is heard in one of the current Nissan Xterra ads. I liked the lyrics and did a search for them. The band is called Span, who hail from Norway. They sound a lot like Collective Soul, but the song wasn't listed on the track listing of Collective Soul's release, "Youth".

Stay As You Are --Span
from the CD Mass Distraction

I’ve always been skeptical of people praising their conformity
guys taking great pride in being like the others
like their mothers-in-law wanted

Does my tie fit alright?
Is my fly up and tight?

Stay as you are and you won’t make a difference
stay as you are and you will never mean a thing
stay as you are and you won't make a difference
I hope your full control in your little hole is worth it

I’ve never thought that to reach the masses
you stick your tongue up in the right asses
but that’s the system that works in here
you make yourself appear electable

I’ll just play whatever your game

you go first I’ll do the same

Is it worth it?

wooooh x4

You brag about being an autonomous man in an autonomous land
of independence and free thinking,
but it’s been five years pm
and you’re still nothing but a lackey,
a puppet on a string

I’ll look great when the war is over
I’ll be waving from my rover

I hope your full control in your little hole is worth it x3

Dan

Written By: RType on 04/01/05 at 12:57 pm

Here's their website:

http://www.span.mu

The cd is a Europe-only release (from what I've seen), and it's going for $30 on Amazon right now.

Anyone have it?  Please mail me - cowquarium at yahoo

Written By: bebe on 04/02/05 at 5:24 pm

yes the name of the band is called SPAN ...THE ALBUM IS MASS DISTRACTION..AWSUM EH?

Written By: Byrne on 04/17/05 at 4:17 pm

downloading it on Limewire as we speak... I recently heard a pretty sweet song in a Nissan commercial and I'm hoping this one's it.

Written By: Byrne on 04/17/05 at 4:21 pm

THANK YOU!!!

You have no idea how long I've been looking for this song!

Written By: thebeatblasta on 04/21/05 at 4:01 pm

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

I too was going crazy trying to figure that one out...

Great song ;D

Written By: rock guy on 04/22/05 at 1:45 am

yes, "one " of the songs is by that group SPAN, called "stay as you are". I have the album, got it offline for like 12 bucks, its good stuff. But, unfortunately there is also another song, that sounds very soundgarden-esque, it is a 2005 Xterra commercial and it is not by SPAN. I am not sure what song the one I am talking about is, but it is not SPAN and it is not "stay as you are" eventhough that song is in a Xterra commercial. Someone with a better ear than mine let me know if you find out what that song is called. Thanks.

Written By: Jerry Rivers on 04/25/05 at 4:59 am

I thought it sounded like a slash's snakepit song from ain't life grand... the song sounds like it's off that album! cool thanks for clearing that up.

Written By: The Kid on 04/26/05 at 7:07 pm

yes, "one " of the songs is by that group SPAN, called "stay as you are". I have the album, got it offline for like 12 bucks, its good stuff. But, unfortunately there is also another song, that sounds very soundgarden-esque, it is a 2005 Xterra commercial and it is not by SPAN. I am not sure what song the one I am talking about is, but it is not SPAN and it is not "stay as you are" eventhough that song is in a Xterra commercial. Someone with a better ear than mine let me know if you find out what that song is called. Thanks.

Hey i know what song you're talking about, is itthe one w/ the xtreem kaiaking? i want the name of that song too, lol.

Written By: teamsmithdad on 04/29/05 at 10:04 pm

Song you are referring to is by the Stereophonics song titled"High as the Ceiling :)

Written By: rock guy on 04/30/05 at 3:49 pm

awesome, i was looking for that song. Like I said before, SPAN's song "stay as you are" IS in one of the Xterra commercials but not the one where the guys are kayaking and some girl is running up the side up of a mountain (pretty cool looking actually). So Once again, to be perfectly clear, I have the SPAN cd its good i recommend it, but i guess that third guy to responded to me is right as far as I know, i gotta get that song. Ok people,Thanks, hope i helped as much as you helped me. If anyone has any other requests, i have basically found every song from a commercial I liked (trust me, im not kidding im a freak with this sheesh), but that one song stumped me. ok, peace.

Written By: emile zola on 05/17/05 at 8:56 pm

your right there are two songs. i found the other one. one is by SPAN called "stay as you are", BUT the one i was looking for is called "high as the ceiling" by Stereophonics (go to bestbuy.com) and it's off their album 'You Gotta Go There To Come Back'. Awesome , thank you, huge help.

Written By: ilikebeer on 06/21/05 at 9:36 pm

you can get the span song on itunes, just change your country to norway and the album is listed there.

Written By: Mike Hayes on 06/29/05 at 6:43 am

SPAN is a fantastic band from Norway, that has released two great albums to date. The first album, "Mass Distraction", was released in February 2004 in Europe only, whilst the second, "Vs. Time" was released in April 2005 in Norway.

"Stay As You Are" is on "Mass Distraction", which was initially available as a superb 2CD set, with a bonus disc of demos etc. It can normally be found very cheaply on Ebay.

"Vs.Time" can be ordered from www.cdon.com in Europe, or www.zailor.no internationally.

Well worth investigating. Live, SPAN is quite awesome but they currently have no record deal in the USA or UK. Scandalous!

Written By: Joshua McLaughlin on 08/07/05 at 5:59 pm

Thanks for posting this. I was able to find it right away on google.

Written By: kyle on 08/08/05 at 10:34 pm

is this the song on the xterra commercial with the deep bass solo while the xterra drives throgh some mud and ice/snow? i cant find the song on itunes or limewire, if anyone has the song please post a link where i can listen to it(please dont email me), thanks.

Written By: kyle on 08/08/05 at 10:57 pm

ok nvm thats it i got it

Written By: mariposa on 11/24/05 at 4:15 pm

I came across to this link by searching a newest Nissan X-Terra Song. Does anyone know who sing that song which goes like...you cry and beg on mercy...something like that...I wanna know that soo bad. Thanks!  :)

Written By: mariposa on 11/24/05 at 4:35 pm

oh, well, I already found it...thanks!

Written By: DeAnna on 12/04/05 at 12:18 pm

does anyone know the name of the new 2006 Xterra song... i know they are girls... but i cant figure out the band. please help me out..
Thanks ;)

Written By: nickfarmer714 on 03/13/06 at 1:26 am

Check out The Black Keys!

Written By: Amanda_Rose on 03/22/06 at 4:39 pm

Does anyone know the song on the Nissan Commercial, and the guy iis leaving his house, and jumps off the cliff to get to his car?

hopefully someone does... thanks guys
xxoo :-*

Written By: Alex on 04/03/06 at 1:37 am

Alive and Amplified by Mooney Suzuki

Written By: Palm on 04/03/06 at 4:10 pm

I guess I might as well ask about the other NIssan song. The lyrics go something like "you make me moan", "you make me weep" the gutair riff sounds a lot like Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zeppelin. Does anyone know what the name of this song is?

Written By: jorge mendez on 06/16/06 at 9:24 am

I came across to this link by searching a newest Nissan X-Terra Song. Does anyone know who sing that song which goes like...you cry and beg on mercy...something like that...I wanna know that soo bad. Thanks!  :)

DID YOU EVER FIND OUT THE ARTIST TO YOUR SONG?? I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW. JORGE.

Check for new replies or respond here...