inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Billy Joel "Spoon up your nose" reference

Written By: lebeiw15 on 03/31/05 at 9:32 pm

From the song Biig Shot".. what does "And the spoon up your nose" exactly mean?  I'm guessing a drug reference?

Subject: Re: Billy Joel "Spoon up your nose" reference

Written By: EthanM on 03/31/05 at 11:24 pm

I'm pretty sure spoon up your nose is cocaine. 

Written By: Ansky1213 on 04/01/05 at 10:25 am

Heroin, I believe.

Written By: EthanM on 04/01/05 at 11:12 am

i don't have any personal experience with such things but i believe people who do  use spoons to take cocaine but i've only heard of heroin being injected.

Written By: Ansky1213 on 04/01/05 at 6:55 pm

I have no personal experiece either, but I can say with certainty that Heroin can be snorted as well as injected.

Written By: EthanM on 04/01/05 at 7:17 pm

i'm sure cocaine can be injected as well but i'm also pretty sure that "silver spoons" are supposed to be cocaine. I was playying monopoly online last month and i made some trade that the other guy didn't like so he started calling me a crack baby and asking me if i had a glass table and a silver spoon collection and i don't think i had any idea what he was talking about until he started talking about doing lines. If there was a mute option i certainly would have used it.

Written By: SingBlueSilver on 04/19/05 at 3:58 pm

In the 70s, very small spoons were carried around just for the purpose of snorting cocaine while you are out in a club or somewhere else you couldn't lay out a proper line.  They usually came with a vial that the coke was stored in to make it easily transportable.  This was right at the height of the coke era and right around when this song was written.

Written By: Gaylon on 04/19/05 at 8:45 pm

watch the beginning of Easy Rider...
Phil Specter uses his silver spoon to sample the cocaine he's buying from Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper while jets are taking off above them and "The Pusher" is playing

Check for new replies or respond here...