inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bizzare lyrics, and who do they belong to?

Written By: SpaceHog on 04/20/05 at 12:10 am

I am putting this in here, because it takes 5 centuries for anyone to answer in the amiright forum. Here goes. When I was 6-7 in 1994-1995, there was this song that came ot, and it was in a different language, my guess is that well, it was prob. in english, but it is undiscernable. 2) it is a strange song. here are some of the words: "Hijimunju" towards the end, the song lyrics say "sexy sexy sexy" and at the the end it it goes sha na nanana" if anyone is willing to help, I would greatly apprieciate it.

Subject: Re: Bizzare lyrics, and who do they belong to?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 12:36 pm

I am putting this in here, because it takes 5 centuries for anyone to answer in the amiright forum. Here goes. When I was 6-7 in 1994-1995, there was this song that came ot, and it was in a different language, my guess is that well, it was prob. in english, but it is undiscernable. 2) it is a strange song. here are some of the words: "Hijimunju" towards the end, the song lyrics say "sexy sexy sexy" and at the the end it it goes sha na nanana" if anyone is willing to help, I would greatly apprieciate it.

Well, a Google search showed ZERO on the word " Hijimungu ". $exy, $exy, $exy and sha na nanana showed mostly " Welcome to the Jungle " by GNR ( that's not it though ) or a Prince tune.

It appears *possibly* to be a Frozen Ghost song, but I cannot find any lyrics to it or the song name. There was a college radio tune that had some very undiscernable lyrics ( very random and I could see getting Hijimunju out of it if it was sang fast enough ) but did not have the $$$exy part in it. And there are about a million songs with just " sha na nanana " or something close enough to it.

Sorry but my wealth of generally useless trivia was useless for this question. >:(

PS- If this was unrealeased or a demo or import, you may be S.O.O.L.

Subject: Re: Bizzare lyrics, and who do they belong to?

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/20/05 at 2:07 pm

Google is useless in this case... so I didn't use it. When searching for "sexy sexy sexy" in other finding machines, I came up with "Sexy" by Hitomi. This song is mainly in Japanese, but it does have some English in it as well - that would fit your description.
I couldn't find any "hijimunju" or "sha na nanana", but then again, my Japanese is a bit rusty... ;D
The song could very well have been played in around 1995, as the Hitomi album was released in 1996.
Hope this ends your search...

Check for new replies or respond here...