inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lyrics not what majority claim

Written By: YWN on 05/30/05 at 1:09 pm

I have noticed that sometimes, when comparing a song to various lyrics sites, what I hear from the song conflicts with what the lyrics say.  For instance, I mentioned how Cobain says "hello" fifteen times, not sixteen, in "Smells Like Teen Spirit".  Another thing is that in Bohemian Rhapsody, it sounds like it says "Carry on, carry on, cause nothing really matters," instead of "Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters."  Clarification?

Subject: Re: Lyrics not what majority claim

Written By: Red Ant on 05/30/05 at 2:16 pm

I have noticed that sometimes, when comparing a song to various lyrics sites, what I hear from the song conflicts with what the lyrics say.  For instance, I mentioned how Cobain says "hello" fifteen times, not sixteen, in "Smells Like Teen Spirit".  Another thing is that in Bohemian Rhapsody, it sounds like it says "Carry on, carry on, cause nothing really matters," instead of "Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters."  Clarification?

Well, this is a eternal problem for myself as especially alternative era lyric sites are abysmal on lyrics. Even CD covers can be incomplete ( missing choruses, background vocals and outros ) or even worse NOT IN THE CORRRECT ORDER.

As far as SLTS, you got that right on the 15 vs 16.

For BoRap, I believe it is "as if nothing really matters" as I have done that one once. It also may be "(be)cause" but the "Be" is sung so softlly you do not hear it, causing the 1-syllable pacing difference.The lyrics for that song are usually pretty good but "styled" differently in many cases. I'd check out Queen's Official website.

If you haven't heard BH in a while you might want to state in the foreword that you were using downloaded lyrics for a pacing aide. I know BH pretty well but not intimately, so a small difference in a line here or there will not affect my pacing decision.

Looking foward to your BH parody.

Check for new replies or respond here...