inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for song from 92-94

Written By: Papjack on 06/03/05 at 5:51 pm

Okay, it was pop/rock song where the singer is singing a love letter he wrote to his English teacher. The twist is he's singing it with all the teacher's corrections included. I'm always thinking it somebody like Toad the Wet Sprocket, Counting Crows, Soul Asylum, Spin Doctors, etc. It didn't make the top 100 hundred of the year on any chart I can find. Anybody know the song and/or the band? Thanks

Subject: Re: looking for song from 92-94

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/04/05 at 12:28 am

That must be "I love you, period" by Dan Baird from 1993.

Written By: holicman on 06/04/05 at 3:22 am

Creep by Radiohead ??

Written By: Papjack on 06/04/05 at 9:21 pm

Dan Baird was the one, thanks!

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/06/05 at 3:30 pm

Even though the answer has been "solved", just thought I'd say Dan Baird was also the guy in the Georgia Satellites (80's classic/hard rockers that had a hit with "Keep Your Hands to Yourself").

When I first heard Dan's solo song, I thought it was cool, not only for its sound, but I myself have had a crush on more than a few female teachers, LOL! ;D

Maybe it didn't become a very big hit because by 1992, anyone associated with an "80's" band was considered uncool?

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/06/05 at 3:43 pm

Maybe it didn't become a very big hit because by 1992, anyone associated with an "80's" band was considered uncool?

I don't think that was the case. IMO, people just didn't like the song (I didn't, anyway).

Check for new replies or respond here...