inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what is the meaning of this song?

Written By: max on 06/20/05 at 6:58 pm

what does the song eye of the tiger mean? here is the song:

Eye Of The Tiger
Survivor

Risin' up, back on the street
Took my time, took my chances
Went the distance
Now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip
On the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the creaml of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And his fortune must always be
Eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds
Still we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive

Of our rival
Eye of the tiger

Risin' up straight to the top
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance
Now I'm not gonna stop

It's the cream of the fight
Of our rival
Eye of the tiger

The eye of the tiger
The eye of the tiger
The eye of the tiger
The eye of the tiger

Subject: Re: what is the meaning of this song?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/20/05 at 7:02 pm

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=957

8)

Written By: max on 06/20/05 at 7:09 pm

i dont get the website how do i find out wat the song means? :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/20/05 at 7:16 pm

OK, usually that sites helpful, but that song doesn't have it.  :-\\

Written By: max on 06/20/05 at 8:02 pm

can someone pleaz reply? i really need help for this! it is really important. i dont get the meaning of the song.

Written By: memory on 06/26/05 at 1:41 pm

drug use, most likely

Written By: Bobby on 06/27/05 at 5:30 am

can someone pleaz reply? i really need help for this! it is really important. i dont get the meaning of the song.

I relieve believe this is just the soundtrack to the film 'Rocky'. I don't think there are any hidden meanings behind the song. It is basically about surviving and being the best you can be.  :)

Written By: Glen David on 02/24/10 at 5:41 am

Funny enough I have a ring with a tiger eye stone which has given me a lot of insights the last couple of years.
A couple of times know It has projected the name Eye of A Tiger to me.

When I googled some info I came out with this link. While reading the lyrics everything fell to place as I have been doing a lot of prophecy studies in all cultures which has given me much insight in current affairs.

I would like to tell you what it means to me en what thoughts and feelings I have whilst reading it.

Eye Of The Tiger
Survivor

Risin' up, back on the street
Took my time, took my chances
Went the distance
Now I'm back on my feet

I believe this refers to different things. First of all the current state of human affairs in the world. After a long period of decline much individuals are recovering from personal setbacks, financial problems, emotional blockages and psycological lack of insight. A lot of people took a lot of risks in making a better life for themselves that they forgot to think about other people as well what has lead to a lot of breakdowns in crooked systems with all consequences attatched to it as a result.
The only thing helping him or her (as man meant both in the beginning) is his or her power of free will leading the choices they make in life which will always eventually lead to recoverment. The people are rising up again. In both a physical and quantum fysical way. As both are intertwined. Being back on the street refers to being back in business, jus doing the thing you do best. Being out among the people again. From a higher point of few it also refers to The Choosen One and the 144.000 souls incarnated at the moment to help in the conscienceness shift which reaches it's Zenith of this 4th reality dimension in 2012.

So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip
On the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

This refers to that it is very easy to loose your self in endeavors of the ego. People act before thinking a lot of the time and get involved in situations that they don't behave themselves as they realy are, but more like how people want them to be. After a long while they loose themselves because they forget who they realy are and just remember who they think they are. They have traded their passions and their ideals for a life in fame, exsessive luxury or power conquest and forget to do what they realy came here to do: Make this world a better place for alle being. People loose their grip on manifesting their dreams into reality. Sometimes even forget their dreams. What I have learned is that your passions and dreams are the one thing leading you to your life's mission. Otherwise you would not think about it and have feelings about the thoughts you have. When you tend to abandon thoose dreams. You start to feel misserable and out of ballance. All the time you spend on other activities that are not helping you towards reaching your goal is lost time. This can also mean that when you lack to get on top you can as a consequence of that also not help others on top. So you are not only responsible for your self but also of all other people in your environment. That is why you must fight to keep them alive. And yes you whil have setbacks, but that is all a preperation for better things to come. Sometimes you have to learn why not to do something so you can make the right choice when it comes to a serious confrontation with yourself and the choices you make.

Of our rival
Eye of the tiger

The eye of the tiger refers to the stone Tigereye and it's connection with the creator. The Christ/Isa/Buddha/Shiva/Negust..Negas consciesceness which is represented in qualities in the stone.

You can check this link for further information. It works with the solar plexus chakra and containes all good virtues to reach and maintain Christ Conscienceness as an individual within the ONE.

In this case it refers to the cream of the fight. The ONE being in action at this current moment. The last known survivor of the old way of life in a new jacket. But not the only as their are 12.000 in each of the 12 tribes which are all known human races living on earth this day. In all colours and many differnt tongs all trying to speak their message, but most of the time not realising it is the same message in a different language containing a lot of the same info, but also some knew info not known to the others making it a big puzzle for all to overstand in time. But most people choose to follow other ideals, instead of trying to find out all info involved. Rising up to the challenge of our rival refers to his role as inspirator of a higher state of being by initiation inner dialog and challenger of the individual ego which is the biggest rival of ourselves. That is the meaning of Jihad. Fighting the inner battle between good and evil. Choosing which energy to work with and share among pears. A loving energy or a devouring energy. Stalking his prey in the night refers to his confrontation of ignorence manifesting as  dark entities / demons / misplaces parts of soul that got disconnected by past time/life experiences and act as demons, but are actually ignorent parts of the self. And his fortunes must be always be patience, focus and determinedness which are the main quality's of tiger eye and the symbolic meaning of the eye of the tiger.

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds
Still we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive

This refers to an individual confrontation with our dark side. The heated side. But staying tough when called upon and always alert. The hidden meaning refers to a higher state of conscienceness and ability to work with cosmic energy while having a lack of food / fasting. As the body is soully depending on cosmic energy for nutrition. It also means that we take alle experiences in life and make the best of it. To do it even if it is against the odds so you can at least lof the experience and hopefully reach your goal. Like it is the role of the Christ Conscienceness to lead the way in deafeting the ego (the kill) with the skill to survive the confrontation and as a result keep on doing the devine work.

Of our rival
Eye of the tiger

This rest is mostly a repeat of the lyrics above. Hope you have enough leads to further your conquest in finding more hidden meanings in the song. There are a lot. Even more then I mentioned, but it wouldn't be fun to tell you all I guess. Have fun decifering!

Risin' up straight to the top
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance
Now I'm not gonna stop

It's the cream of the fight
Of our rival
Eye of the tiger

The eye of the tiger
The eye of the tiger
The eye of the tiger
The eye of the tiger

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/10 at 1:41 am

"Eye of the Tiger" is a song performed by the American rock band Survivor from the album Eye of the Tiger, released in 1982. It was used at the request of Sylvester Stallone for the film Rocky III.

Therefore... boxing.

Written By: Haakon on 11/16/11 at 4:59 pm

yall are way of!

The eye of the tiger has a loy of meaning.

when a tiger fights, hes calm, not scared, sees things clearly, tunnel vision, slow motion, hes tactical.

I my self have had the eye of the tiger many times, and its calmness, clearness, time slowing down, and quick decision making, in a stressfull/panic situation

Written By: wildcard on 11/16/11 at 7:38 pm

that's nice

Written By: loki 13 on 11/19/11 at 12:33 pm

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3938

Written By: mike on 07/15/13 at 6:08 pm

this song is about killing prostitutes  8)

Written By: The Valley Goth on 08/07/13 at 5:26 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

This song is about a homeless, 1980s Japanese-American guy who had to choose between a life of gang violence and his dream to learn the art of Samurai swordsmanship.  It's about how he had to be strong, even though he was going to have to use his Samurai training in order to defeat a rival gang, and about how he had to remember that a true Samurai never kills just for sport.
8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/08/13 at 12:36 am

zjAvVfNHL_8

It's about the need to find out what you're best at.  That hidden talent that we all have buried deep within us, but that we never know exists until we try something and discover just how incredible it is.  It behooves us to try all the things life has to offer - be it farming, candy-making, hairstyling, ESP, mountain climbing, free diving, library science, or whatever.  You'll know you've found special talent when you find it, because when you do, a tattoo of it spontaneously appears on your ass.

(Man, it's a good thing we have YouTube, otherwise I'd never have found the source video!)

Check for new replies or respond here...