inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to find artist and song title . . .

Written By: scrapmoore on 06/26/05 at 9:09 pm

??????

to these lyrics: 

"You, you take my breath away, and I don't know what to say.  You take my breath away.

There are words from the magic of a sunrise, only none of them will do cause you, you take my breath away, and I don't know what to say.
You take my breath away. " (last line repeats several times at end of song).

I think it was popular during late 70's, maybe early eighties.  I'm dying to find it somewhere, particularly for downloading onto my MP3.  ANY and all help/info appreciated.

Thanks for a newbie!

:D

Subject: Re: Trying to find artist and song title . . .

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/26/05 at 9:16 pm

ha! one of my favourite songs!!

"You Take My Breath Away" by Rex Smith..i have the '45 and a K-Tel compilation album called Wings Of Sound that features it..
it was also in the movie "Sooner Or Later" as was Rex Smith..definitely 70s by the way  :)

Written By: scrapmoore on 06/26/05 at 10:15 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D

THANKS!
I've been searching for some info on that song for a few days with NO luck.  I was beginning to think i made it up or was going crazy - :D!
I love that song.  Would you happen to know of any site that might have it to download for MP3?

Love your name, BTW.

Thanks again,

scrapmoore

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/26/05 at 10:17 pm

hey,thx scrapmoore..always thrilled to help since i can totally relate to how great it is to get the headspace back once you get something figured out  :D..i use Limewire..i'll peek to see if it's there  :)

give me a few minutes..i might be able to get it to you  8)

Written By: scrapmoore on 06/26/05 at 10:28 pm

hey,thx scrapmoore..always thrilled to help since i can totally relate to how great it is to get the headspace back once you get something figured out  :D..i use Limewire..i'll peek to see if it's there  :)

give me a few minutes..i might be able to get it to you  8)

I can definitely wait!  I've waited this long.  BTW, what is Limewire?  I'm not as hip on computer stuff as i am music!   :P

scrapmoore

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/26/05 at 10:30 pm

done and done  ;)

i'll send you the link for Limewire in a bit..it's a source for downloading music  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...